Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. (400 Views)

Backend Development Is Actually Easier. / My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) / Why Relocating Abroad As A Software Developer Is Easier Than You Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by chukwuebuka65(m): 12:23am On Aug 26, 2023
So I have been looking at Shopify development for the past few days , specifically, Shopify theme development and it has been easy so far . But that was not the case when I was going through Wordpress. In Wordpress, I don’t know which code to add to the theme to add a new option to the customizer , read many posts on custom-post-type, but still don’t know when to use it vs the editor. I think its partly because Shopify uses a templating language and a config file while in Wordpress you have to write php and call Wordpress functions. What do you think? Which is easier Shopify or Wordpress?
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by arabmoney14: 1:01am On Aug 26, 2023
I haven't tried wordpress but am currently learning shopify theme dev. From my little experience so far, I agree with you on shopify theme dev being somewhat easy. Though, getting learning resources is kind of difficult.

1 Like

Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by peterincredible: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2023
arabmoney14:
I haven't tried wordpress but am currently learning shopify theme dev. From my little experience so far, I agree with you on shopify theme dev being somewhat easy. Though, getting learning resources is kind of difficult.
There is a nice course on udemy about Shopify theme development
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by Paystack: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2023
It naturally will be easier since it's niche based

Shopify is exclusively for Ecom.

Wordpress is general and for any type of sites that requires content management with moderate complexity.

Wordpress will be of more use to you and will be more profitable to you to know on the long run.

One successful plugin alone on Wordpress has potential to set you up for life grin

1 Like

Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by qtguru(m): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2023
Shopify is easy theme, but hard to plan, there is alot of thought into it, like Ecommerce components, settings and the plenthora of changes you expect for a user. but it is easy.

WordPress is convulted but not too hard

1 Like

Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:01am On Aug 26, 2023
arabmoney14:

I agree with you on the resources part but if you spend enough time on the Shopify documentation, you would get by.

1 Like

Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2023
Paystack:
It naturally will be easier since it's niche based

Shopify is exclusively for Ecom.

Wordpress is general and for any type of sites that requires content management with moderate complexity.

Wordpress will be of more use to you and will be more profitable to you to know on the long run.

One successful plugin alone on Wordpress has potential to set you up for life grin

I will still go back to Wordpress. I have invested some of my time in it. But for now, it’s Shopify
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:43am On Aug 26, 2023
qtguru:
Shopify is easy theme, but hard to plan, there is alot of thought into it, like Ecommerce components, settings and the plenthora of changes you expect for a user. but it is easy.

WordPress is convulted but not too hard

What are some of some of important e-commerce components a Shopify developer should know?
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by qtguru(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2023
chukwuebuka65:

What are some of some of important e-commerce components a Shopify developer should know?

Minor things,like

Zoom Images, Color badges, related products, and some fancy things, it's specific to the nature of the industry, take for example, if you were building a Gaming Ecommerce site, then the components will based on that niche, I don't know if this makes sense.

it's more of planning and user centric than technical code.
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2023
qtguru:

Minor things,like

Zoom Images, Color badges, related products, and some fancy things, it's specific to the nature of the industry, take for example, if you were building a Gaming Ecommerce site, then the components will based on that niche, I don't know if this makes sense.

it's more of planning and user centric than technical code.

Yea makes sense
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by arabmoney14: 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
peterincredible:

There is a nice course on udemy about Shopify theme development

Is it the one by bernard polidario? That's what am currently using.
Re: Shopify Seems Easier Than Wordpress. by peterincredible: 4:33am On Aug 27, 2023
arabmoney14:

Is it the one by bernard polidario? That's what am currently using.
yep you are damn right the course is very okay

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Feel Like Sharing It. / Spammer Bank Log Request / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.