Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,803 members, 7,813,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

What Really Motivates You At Work? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Really Motivates You At Work? (6270 Views)

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work? / Dear Employers This Is What Motivates Us, So Stop Asking - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by RosyIsBlessed: 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sense of fulfillment
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Vijuchoco(f): 12:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
The pay.. Even though small, still help with my basic needs
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
Faposky95:

You're right.
I have been close to death and with people, so I have a sight further than what I can touch.
No matter how much you have, you'll never be satisfied - a price you pay.
I once had only #500 in the whole house and we - me , bros and sisters were hungry and a guy hit the door and we saw he was in bad shape. After his sordid tale, I gave him the only money in the house cos he needed it more.
I was at an interview and after being asked with my other colleagues by our boss " what's the most important thing"..?
I was the only one who didn't say money.
The rest is history.
My heart beats better when the best no matter how small comes to light.

I understand you perfectly well. In the light you just illustrated it, it's fine and still ok. I mean.... one should be able to sacrifice at times like that when it's clearly needed but not making it a modus operandi even to ones detriment. According to the post, if you rely on this idea, you will be frustrated out of the job cos truth be told, what drives most people to work is money. Forget all this one we are trying to form selfless to impress who's not looking at us. cheesy.

I admire your courage though. Keep it up. wink.

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Godmind2022(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
What makes you wake up everyday and sit at your desk & continue being happy st what you do?
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits

Having a place to go in the morning, to contribute, to share what I know, to help, to be and of course getting paid for doing so at the end of day is a big privilege.
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
Bank alert!

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by SUXXI(m): 7:46pm On Aug 30, 2023
I enjoy my work as it is my dream job. I enjoy making an impac on the youths of today and see them progress to be self reliant and start their own family. I am a computer engineer. I teach computer engineering,networking,computer ict,video editing,phone technology in my place of work. I am ready to work as its what i enjoy doing.
I also have time to play video games with my students as a way to reach out to them.

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by Kech88: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
My responsibilities ooo
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by realtalk19: 9:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
IyaTola:
What makes you wake up everyday and sit at your desk & continue being happy st what you do?
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits

Survival. As a single mum with bills to pay and kids to take care of,all I think of is how to put food on the table and cater for the kids welfare. I barely save anything for myself because every penny goes to feeding and my children's welfare.
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by farydah: 2:29am On Aug 31, 2023
Bringing a customer’s complaint to a logical and satisfactory conclusion
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by DonroxyII: 4:24am On Aug 31, 2023
IyaTola:
A. Feeling Valued
B. Career progression
C. Pay
D. Other benefits
B.
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by chieni(f): 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
the money and experience
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by IyaTola: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2023
God will provide.
realtalk19:

Survival. As a single mum with bills to pay and kids to take care of,all I think of is how to put food on the table and cater for the kids welfare. I barely save anything for myself because every penny goes to feeding and my children's welfare.
Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by realtalk19: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
IyaTola:
God will provide.

Amen thanks

1 Like

Re: What Really Motivates You At Work? by IyaTola: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
wink
realtalk19:

Amen thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hamilton Lloyd And Associates Job Recruitment (16 Positions) / Kaduna State Subeb Released First Batch Recruitment List And Appointment Letter / Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.