Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. (33242 Views)

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / Have You Ever Fired Someone On Their First Day In Office / An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
Let me start by saying security job is not my dream job but while I'm very hopeful of getting that dream job someday soon, body and soul need to be put together. An unemployed person with penniless pocket will certainly understand my predicament. The only option is to grab anything provided it can take of your very essential needs. Worse is when you wake up with no food to eat or not even soap to bath with, then you'd realize doing anything is sure better than nothing.

So I got this security job which I resumed yesterday. Could you believe that same yesterday, armed robbers operated in the area. As you know, security or what people call gateman is the one the armed robbers target first when they come to a place.

It was around 3:am when everywhere was quiet, As the security, I did a patrol around the compound when I noticed suspicious noise in the next compound. Before I know, I heard people shouting over there. I stayed back. In less than no time, I saw about 5 people coming straight to my compound. They pointed torch inside. I didn't bother to ask who they were cos I already knew. My people, I didn't even know when I commot for gear run to the backyard of the house, jumped over to the other side which is a bush, breathing like who just escaped death. Unfortunately, I sustained injury while running in the bush. Since the gate of the compound is not high, they jumped over it and gained entry into the compound, but thankfully they couldn't gain access to the house due to burglary after a long while of triaI. Unfortunately for me again, I slept in the bush till this morning.

Now, I learnt robbers operate in the area often. This has further put fear in me. I wouldn't want to be a victim of robbery circumstance because of a job whose salary cannot even meet one's needs.

So I am confused now. Even with the injury, should I go back to the place or not? Presently I don't have anything else doing and I don't have money to sustain myself either. Please what would you advise me?

Note: this happened somewhere in Delta state. I don't want to disclose the location for security reasons.

145 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Neverslumber(f): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
Such a bad experience and to think it happened first day at work.

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2023
Eiya, don't worry God will fulfill your heart desires in no distant time

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by dawnomike(m): 4:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
NairalandSon:
Let me start by saying security job is not my dream job but while I'm very hopeful of getting that dream job someday soon, body and soul need to be put together. An unemployed person with penniless pocket will certainly understand my predicament. The only option is to grab anything provided it can take of your very essential needs. Worse is when you wake up with no food to eat or not even soap to bath with, then you'd realize doing anything is sure better than nothing.

So I got this security job which I resumed yesterday. Could you believe that same yesterday, armed robbers operated in the area. As you know, security or what people call gateman is the one the armed robbers target first when they come to a place.

It was around 3:am when everywhere was quiet, As the security, I did a patrol around the compound when I noticed suspicious noise in the next compound. Before I know, I heard people shouting over there. I stayed back. In less than no time, I saw about 5 people coming straight to my compound. They pointed torch inside. I didn't bother to ask who they were cos I already knew. My people, I didn't even know when I commot for gear run to the backyard of the house, jumped over to the other side which is a bush, breathing like who just escaped death. Unfortunately, I sustained injury while running in the bush. Since the gate of the compound is not high, they jumped over it and gained entry into the compound, but thankfully they couldn't gain access to the house due to burglary after a long while of triaI. Unfortunately for me again, I slept in the bush till this morning.

Now, I learnt robbers operate in the area often. This has further put fear in me. I wouldn't want to be a victim of robbery circumstance because of a job whose salary cannot even meet one's needs.

So I am confused now. Even with the injury, should I go back to the place or not? Presently I don't have anything else doing and I don't have money to sustain myself either. Please what would you advise me?

Note: this happened somewhere in Delta state. I don't want to disclose the location for security reasons.
Sorry about your experience... It was really a tough one for your first day at work!
I pray you get something better soon

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by LagosG: 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
You have two options;

Option 1: Lick your wounds and look for another job.

Option 2: Look for somewhere to fortify yourself against bullet (metal weapons in general), It will give you mad ballz and could influence you to become a robber yourself but remember once they find out bullet no dey enter you, na common 2 by 2 kpako go bring your end.

Choose wisely.

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Eiya, don't worry God will fulfill your heart desires in no distant time

Thank you very much.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 4:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
LagosG:
You have two options;

Option 1: Lick your wounds and look for another job.

Option 2: Look for somewhere to fortify yourself against bullet (metal weapons in general), It will give you mad ballz and could influence you to become a robber yourself but remember once they find out bullet no dey enter you, na common 2 by 2 kpako go bring your end.

Choose wisely.

So if I should do this, all for security job with meager wage? If I must do that, I will channel it into something more profitable.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Neverslumber(f): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
According to my name, God never slumber.

Nlfpmod, Seun, Mynd44, Dominique etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Homeboiy: 4:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
Them no give you gun

Quit the job asap

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by clerkent(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
Bro your area no de safe nah so even if you disclose am to us its still useless

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Holybaddo: 6:09pm On Mar 23, 2023
I rather work off my ass than to steal someone's money

No Condition warrant one to steal.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by seanwilliam(m): 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2023
Please find another job. Your life is more important

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by sammirano: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2023
grin grin This your story sound like a script from Nollywood. Sorry for your experience. Find another work.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Parizz: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2023
Go and learn kungfu

4 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by flokii: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
You see death, you run grin

Security job na ya mate??.. see why you should give kudos to our gallant troops in the battle front fighting insurgents. May the Almighty continue to crown their efforts with victory. Amen!

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
Holybaddo:
I rather work off my ass than to steal someone's money

No Condition warrant one to steal.

Where is stealing in the post?

8 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
flokii:
You see death, you run grin

Security job na ya mate??.. see why you should give kudos to our gallant troops in the battle front fighting insurgents. May the Almighty continue to crown their efforts with victory. Amen!

Amen especially the ones not corrupt

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
Parizz:
Go and learn kungfu

I think it's very necessary
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by LagosG: 7:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
NairalandSon:

So if I should do this, all for security job with meager wage? If I must do that, I will channel it into something more profitable.
Option 1 it is then. Good choice, my friend.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Flamezreal(m): 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
Don't be too proud to take up teaching job. Atleast it's More honorable and less risky than security job.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 23, 2023
NairalandSon:

I think it's very necessary
Enter Alaka, ask for mama raphael. Tell am make she give you wheel barrow to use hustle for effurun market. Gather 1k every day for her hand for like 4 months. That should be circa 100k. Find wetin to do with am. cool

10 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by sisisioge: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2023
Haaa! My brother, biko no go back. It's even good that they were unable to gain entry otherwise police will start arranging you as a suspect. Instead of security that barely pays, go to estate gates of big community and tell them you are looking for same security job or steward job. I used to have a friend at VCG that pays between 30 to 50k for that job as far back as 2017.

Or teaching jobs, or go to companies inside same estate to look for office assistant jobs. The last one I hired in Ikeja was started at 50k. Guy no dey do much o.

Or go to a corporate environment near you and focus on tall buildings that house different companies. Then talk to the security staff there, they usually have knowledge of which company needs a staff of minimal credentials.

Honestly, small small jobs like that full ground, you just need to know how to look ni cos they are not usually advertised as potential fillers aren't required to know how to read and write.

May God bless your hustle....naija and him wahala.

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by id4sho(m): 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2023
NairalandSon:

Chicken livered boy. Naso you go run leave your wife and children cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by candygist: 7:32pm On Mar 23, 2023
NairalandSon:

Lol, you are doing security job in delta State way everybody is a criminal. Even army ar scared of securing streets in warri and some parts of delta. Na him u dey risk your life, if u want to do sec work. Just come lagos. The work plenty well well.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by minz(f): 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
NairalandSon:
Let me start by saying security job is not my dream job but while I'm very hopeful of getting that dream job someday soon, body and soul need to be put together. An unemployed person with a penniless pocket will certainly understand my predicament. The only option is to grab anything provided it can take off your very essential needs. Worse is when you wake up with no food to eat or not even soap to bathe with, then you'd realize doing anything is surely better than nothing.

So I got this security job which I resumed yesterday. Could you believe that same yesterday, armed robbers operated in the area? As you know, security, or what people call a gateman is the one the armed robbers target first when they come to a place.

It was around 3:am when everywhere was quiet, As the security, I did a patrol around the compound when I noticed suspicious noise in the next compound. Before I know it, I heard people shouting over there. I stayed back. In less than no time, I saw about 5 people coming straight to my compound. They pointed torch inside. I didn't bother to ask who they were cos I already knew. My people, I didn't even know when I commit for gear run to the backyard of the house and e, jumped over to the other side which is a bush, breathing like who just escaped death. Unfortunately, I sustained an injury while running in the bush. Since the gate of the compound is not high, they jumped over it and gained entry into the compound, but thankfully they couldn't gain access to the house due to burglary after a long while of trial. Unfortunately for me again, I slept in the bush till this morning.

Now, I learned robbers operate in the area often. This has further put fear in me. I wouldn't want to be a victim of robbery circumstance because of a job whose salary cannot even meet one's needs.

Painful experience what this brother needs is a new job, this consolation ain't going to help.
People leaving in that region should find solution to his plight.
I feel like crying for him.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Bintabisiriyu2: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2023
your area no safe o, guy find a new security job at least not in a so dangerous place
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by emerged01(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2023
Bro,quit that job. Your life is at risk. Even if you want to do a security job consider the area first.
Bro,if you only you can find something to sustain yourself let a technical skill that fetch money to pursue your dream.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Blaqroman0000: 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
You wan continue until they shoot you? 🙄
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by labake1(f): 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2023
Doh o
Life first bro
If you fit get ODESHE, get it or run for your life
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Caleb15(m): 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
Security work 4 delta state, i think i would pass

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Berrityga: 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
No fear. Go college odeshi put fr body.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by NairalandSon: 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2023
id4sho:

Chicken livered boy. Naso you go run leave your wife and children cheesy

Lol. You mean I for stand?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have From Now To January 2 To Choose Between These Jobs Offer / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate / Recruitment @ Ministry Of Interior (M O I)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.