Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark (32798 Views)

The Day Gen Murtala Muhammed Was Assassinated In Lagos / Adesina Dismisses Accusations Against Gowon / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by antibullshit: 8:28am On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/murtala-mohammed-backed-coup-against-gowon-for-appointing-igbo-man-nnpc-gm-clark/amp/
Gowon had good intentions towards Igbos and wanted to mend fences but unfortunately some of his plans were never carried out. Joe Garba is not angas , he's tarok ,a neighboring tribe also in present day plateau state.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Dshocker(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2023
richie240:
Neither a Bishop Oyedepo of far away kwara nor a senator smart adeyemi/Dino Melaye of kogi will ever open their mouth and say they are not Yorubas simply bcus they are 'northerners' by birth/find themselves in the north-central region, talkless of next door Edo/Delta.

The day u see any 'Adewale' either of brazil or benin republic or costa rica (talkless of Edo/delta) saying that he is neither yoruba nor have yoruba genes in his blood, just know that you are seeing a well-dressed madman/woman; e juss never 'enter market'.

Same way, any 'chukuebuka anyanwu' claiming he's not igbo BCUS OF GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION, na correct craze dey worry am.

End of story!

The fact say Bobrisky talk say him be woman, does that make it truth bcus he denied his 'prick-hood'?

If I tell u say 2+2 is not equal to 4, does that make it true because I said so?

Everybody is free to say what he/she wants, but everyone is not blind to see d reality.
cool

Oga rest, you have no point...

Nzeogu is from Asaba in Delta state, and his lineage originated from there.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Blackdisciple(m): 9:05am On Aug 27, 2023
kestolove95:
Reason why dey will never allow history in our schools

God bless you my brother...

They know what they are doing but people like me that was born in the 80's they can't hide history from me and I will pass it unto my kids so that they will understand and know who are the people we call leaders...

1 Like

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by richie240: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2023
If e like make him generation 'originate' from Saudi Arabia.....anywhere u hear 'chukwuma Nzeogu', common sense suppose tell any body (except d person wey dey deceive hinsef) say na igbo....
Dey play!
cool
Dshocker:

Oga rest, you have no point...

Nzeogu is from Asaba in Delta state, and his lineage originated from there.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Blackdisciple(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2023
This ethnicity mater no be today ooo and it's killing us gradually, that's why when ever they see that citizens are getting United they remind us of our ethnic differences to cause confusion amongst us and by doing that they surely get the masses...
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Okhuadams(m): 9:14am On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Maybe you are the one who needs to grow up.

Maybe you are the one who needs to relearn history and drop the rubbish lie you have been erroneously made to believe.

You need to realize that while you are here denying any affinity with Igbos, to the northerner, you are nothing but just another Igbo man.

Or do you know more history than Pa Clark, the sage?
Oga Kalahari no be igbo and igbo no be Kalahari. So because is Edwin Clerk I should believe his lie. No be only Kalahari him for add the whole Rivera State join
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by garfield1: 9:20am On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Why are you quoting me?

You think Pa Clark’s version is the only history of read of Gowon’s overthrow?

But do you know why Pa Clark’s version seems to hold more authority over others? Because he was a member of cabinet that participated in cabinet meetings. He was in insider and he is giving an eyewitness account.

Can you compare it to the history written by someone who was not as close to the government as Clark was? Would you rate the version of people that are writing dem say dem say over an eyewitness account because it didn’t reinforce the falsehood you have been taught to believe?

Read the prologue of we were a country by chinua achebe
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Deadlytruth(m): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2023
Favourchris:

Read ur history bro... I won't argue with u, he was part of those who carried it, but he was not the leader.

May I ask u, where was nzeogu and where was ifeajuna when the coup was been carried.

May I also ask u, why was OBJ not involved in the coup, because if u know ur history, u will know OBJ and nzeogu where bossom friends, right from their peace keeping in congo.

Bro read books mehn, read books.
Per the first bolded; opinions have always been unanimous that the coup plot was hatched and nurtured entirely in Lagos at least according to the author of the Why We Struck which most Igbos take as the most authoritative account. Now, how could Nzeogwu who was millions of kilometers away in Kaduna have been the leader and initiator of a coup architected in Lagos?

Per the second bolded, if you had followed your own advice of reading history books, you would have known that Obasanjo was far away in England on a military training course while the coup lasted hence there was just no way he could have been with Nzeogwu hence the alibi you are trying to employ here fails.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Deadlytruth(m): 10:10am On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Nobody has ever said that Ifeajuna was the leader of the coup, I’m hearing it first from you.

Pray, how did you arrive at that conclusion? What are your sources?

Watch the video below to the end and you'll see where Ojukwu himself confirmed that.

https://www.facebook.com/ikwuedo.nimose/videos/264292422907935/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by 2pacarnate(m): 10:24am On Aug 27, 2023
Timoleon:

This your comment has me curious.

what kind of a house is your father’s house? If six of the people who live in it are Agbo sellers and pay their rent, is your father’s house a shanty?

If otherwise your father’s house is a modern property hosing six agbo sellers who pay their rent, agbo business must be really profitable then. Why do you think they should be ashamed for selling agbo?

Am glad I made this comment, you just made me realise that yorubas in the east can only live in shanty 😁

Well sorry to break your heart,it is actually my uncle's house,who is also like a father to me but died 2 years ago,

Oga my only brother was tbe first to drive range Rover sport in Nigeria(I know your poor mentality won't allow you believe this)he bought 3 range in 2006(2 HSE and one sport) ,was living in italy,he sold one HSE to Goodluck Jonathan then he was the deputy governor of bayelsa.sold the other HSE and used the sport,story from friends had it he was tbe first to come to silverbird gallery Lagos with that convoy and everywhere scattered.

He drove bently before that for 2 weeks in Lagos and sold it because that's how he brings back his milions as a hustler(you can call him a drug dealer if you like)😁 but he was much mkre than that.Street money better than your ritual money son.my father drives beast wagon(e class Benz)Incase you don't kmow the car,bought for him by my bro 2004 while him was driving Audi TT,first to drive it in ABA,we have swagg in our genes,always wants to do things first while others follow.Bought EOD for our first daughter while he was driving range sport then I was schooling in IMSU.....

So if my brother is this rich....do the mathe and you can imagine if my father lives in a mansion or shanty 😂😂😂😂

And please if you argue me,paste your number on your profile so I will send you video of our mansion(shanty)😂 in the village,not only that,show you video of my kindred so you see the tad road and solar street lights fixed by our first daughters association and the mansions in my kindred,

Igbos no be your mate,our rural areas is better than your urban in ekiti,Ibadan,Ondo and osun with ogun,receive sense

Meanwhile paste your number on your profile let me feed your eyes boy

1 Like

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Penguin2: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2023
Okhuadams:
Oga Kalahari no be igbo and igbo no be Kalahari. So because is Edwin Clerk I should believe his lie. No be only Kalahari him for add the whole Rivera State join
Who taught you the history you know?
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Penguin2: 10:47am On Aug 27, 2023
antibullshit:

Gowon had good intentions towards Igbos and wanted to mend fences but unfortunately some of his plans were never carried out. Joe Garba is not angas , he's tarok ,a neighboring tribe also in present day plateau state.
Is the said Joe Garba still alive?

He must have lived in regret ever since for betraying someone that trusted him so much and saw him as a brother.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Timoleon(m): 10:58am On Aug 27, 2023
2pacarnate:

Am glad I made this comment, you just made me realise that yorubas in the east can only live in shanty 😁

Well sorry to break your heart,it is actually my uncle's house,who is also like a father to me but died 2 years ago,

Oga my only brother was tbe first to drive range Rover sport in Nigeria(I know your poor mentality won't allow you believe this)he bought 3 range in 2006(2 HSE and one sport) ,was living in italy,he sold one HSE to Goodluck Jonathan then he was the deputy governor of bayelsa.sold the other HSE and used the sport,story from friends had it he was tbe first to come to silverbird gallery Lagos with that convoy and everywhere scattered.

He drove bently before that for 2 weeks in Lagos and sold it because that's how he brings back his milions as a hustler(you can call him a drug dealer if you like)😁 but he was much mkre than that.Street money better than your ritual money son.my father drives beast wagon(e class Benz)Incase you don't kmow the car,bought for him by my bro 2004 while him was driving Audi TT,first to drive it in ABA,we have swagg in our genes,always wants to do things first while others follow.Bought EOD for our first daughter while he was driving range sport then I was schooling in IMSU.....

So if my brother is this rich....do the mathe and you can imagine if my father lives in a mansion or shanty 😂😂😂😂

And please if you argue me,paste your number on your profile so I will send you video of our mansion(shanty)😂 in the village,not only that,show you video of my kindred so you see the tad road and solar street lights fixed by our first daughters association and the mansions in my kindred,

Igbos no be your mate,our rural areas is better than your urban in ekiti,Ibadan,Ondo and osun with ogun,receive sense

I really can’t make a meaning out of this rant. In the original comment I quoted, you said it was your father’s compound. I have no issues with whatever wealth your family has. If it’s a luxurious compound, it simply means agbo business is a thriving one. If on the contrary agbo business is not worth it, it simply means your rants is embellished with lies. Your father’s compound is not worth it because ‘agbo sellers comfortably pay rent to him.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Favourchris(f): 12:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
Favourchris:

Read ur history bro... I won't argue with u, he was part of those who carried it, but he was not the leader.

May I ask u, where was nzeogu and where was ifeajuna when the coup was been carried.

May I also ask u, why was OBJ not involved in the coup, because if u know ur history, u will know OBJ and nzeogu where bossom friends, right from their peace keeping in congo.

Bro read books mehn, read books.

Look for this book and read. Action was already in wen OBJ entered the country, there is no way nzeogu could have added him on such short time... From OBJ own words, nzeogu is a highly rugged and stubborn soldier, if he was the one in Lagos, ironsi won't survive it. Look for that book and read bro. The coup failed, it was actually the Igbos that stopped, ironsi stopped it in Lagos, ojokwu stopped it Enugu, the only successful one was where nzeogu was.

Like I said, look for that book and read... OBJ wrote that book, he is a Yoruba man, so he won't lie to protect igbos

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by NoSentimentNo: 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
Before we take things too seriously, we must remember that this is but a book written by a politician.

And what does a politician do when he gets a platform? He campaigns for himself and his "significant others" and campaigns against the "other party"

1 Like

Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by aswani(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
2pacarnate:

I don't know what you are arguing about but no one needed to know any of this about your father and brother and the cars they are driving.

Boastful stuff is a turn off and childish.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by CORRECTMAN78(m): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tochitee:
Normally judging by the way this people have been tarnishing Nigeria name both locally and internationally,they should never be allowed near any leadership position in the country.

Tell us your tribe lets put you in trash can where you belong!
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by CORRECTMAN78(m): 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
I am an Igboman... A proud one at that. I so much love that I'm an igboman.

But what I don't like is placing me in a land where am so hated
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Rotji(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
jayAjoku:
Gowon was not overthrown it was a well planned coup so Gowon can claim plausible deniability and remain In the realms of power while seeming like a good man. The following generals should be held responsible for the Collapse and stagnation of this country.

General Gowon
General Babangida
General Abacha
General Buhari
General Obasanjo
General TY danjuma
General Abdulsalami
Colonel David Mark

these men are the part of the cabal if you think other wise you are a fool

Gowon was always a good man, use your hatred to develop your village if hatred is good. Moreover your hatred doesn't take away Gowon's goodwill globally.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by jayAjoku(m): 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rotji:

Gowon was always a good man, use your hatred to develop your village if hatred is good. Moreover your hatred doesn't take away Gowon's goodwill globally.
see how you have come out to disgrace your village people with your foolishness, and Naivety It’s a shame I’m sure in your village Buhari is a good man too infact I’m sure with the level of stupidity you have showcased you believe Obama, George bush and tony Blair are very very good men.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Okhuadams(m): 5:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Who taught you the history you know?
My own be say Kalahari no be igbo.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by dbestuncle: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
You are not getting me.
He endorsed openly the first time in 2013 but continue to support and proclaim him as the best until the guy lost the election and in that same year of 2015 our grandpa didn't even wait for 1 year before he change camp. Even the Obasanjo speech were all said in the same year fa.
Dis you know that the ijaw youth had to give a public warning to buhari to know that this man is used to this kind of inconsistency.

Believe him at your peril. Peace and out
https://thenationonlineng.net/ijaw-group-tells-buhari-to-be-wary-of-clark/
Penguin2:

Go back to your comment and look at the dates again. Pa Clark and Southsouth leaders endorsed GEJ for second term in 2013 according to the report you posted.

Is 2 years not enough time for new realities to emerge that would invalidate whatever perception he had of Jonathan?

Similarly with him once ascribing Obasanjo as the most corrupt president ever…

Take Jonathan’s administration for instance, people swore he was the worst president ever until Buhari came to smashed that record.

So also with Tinubu, a lot of us thought no one would be worst than Buhari but Tinubu smashed Buhari’s record in less than 3 months.

Would you now blame those who had addressed Jonathan as the worst president ever only to see that Buhari was even worse, as being inconsistent if they now withdrew the “worst president” title from Jonathan and give it to Buhari or Tinubu?
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by nony43(m): 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rostikol:

ABEG SHUT UP, NARCISSIST.

YOU ARE USELESS EVEN TO YOURSELVES.

IF YOU ARE SUCH GREAT MAGICIANS, WHY HAVE 30 MILLION OF YOU FLED THE EAST TO LIVE IN THE NORTH AND WEST?

AND YOUR REGION HAS BEEN LEFT TO FARMERS AND TERRORISTS?

USELESS, DEPENDENT SET OF PEOPLE FEELING FUNKY.

WITHOUT THE REST OF NIGERIA HOUSING YOU, YOU WOULD STARVE IN YOUR MILLIONS.

Buhari’s Terrorist you mean? Tell me one region that is not been fed?
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by nony43(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
Laple0541:
I don’t really blame Gen. Muritala if he truly did that. After seeing the Igbo coup and killings of the Northern and Southwest military officers and politicians in 1966, even a madman will think twice before he can appoint them as ordinary messenger not to talk of NNPC DG.

It cut across every region Oga.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by nony43(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tochitee:
Normally judging by the way this people have been tarnishing Nigeria name both locally and internationally,they should never be allowed near any leadership position in the country.

Hush Puppy is greeting you.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Penguin2: 6:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
Okhuadams:
My own be say Kalahari no be igbo.
And I’m interested in knowing how you arrived at that conclusion.

Or do you just wake up and draw uninformed inferences?
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Ngozi123(f): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
Dshocker:

Just as Edo state shares some names with the Yorubas, doesn't mean they are Yorubas.

Nzeogu is not from the Southeast.

Nzeogwu wasn't from the South-East but he was a bona-fide Igbo man. I'm proud of him. If each region was headed by his like in those days then Nigeria would be a first world country today.
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Penguin2: 6:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
dbestuncle:
You are not getting me.
He endorsed openly the first time in 2013 but continue to support and proclaim him as the best until the guy lost the election and in that same year of 2015 our grandpa didn't even wait for 1 year before he change camp. Even the Obasanjo speech were all said in the same year fa.
Dis you know that the ijaw youth had to give a public warning to buhari to know that this man is used to this kind of inconsistency.

Believe him at your peril. Peace and out
https://thenationonlineng.net/ijaw-group-tells-buhari-to-be-wary-of-clark/
You are trying so hard to give the man a bad name so that you can hang him.

Let’s even assume he supported Jonathan deep into the election, after Buhari was sworn in, Dasuki was arrested which brought about the infamous Dasukigate where it was revealed that the man misappropriated $2billion dollars that was meant for arms procurement to combat Boko Haram. You still think Pa Clark should have stuck to supporting Jonathan even with such revelation, considering his moral standing in the society?

Again, even if he was all you accused him of in 2015, how does that negate his eyewitness account of what he witnessed under Gowon?
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by ejimatic: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

The unstated assumption in this your comment is that you know Obi won the election but because of the northerners’ fear of an Igbo man in power, Tinubu was rigged in instead.

Yeah, we know, northerners would rather have a dead goat as Nigeria’s president than the most brilliant Igbo man.

But let’s see how long that will last.
. INEC however did not release assumed results.Neither did LP nor PDP present another results before the AC. Is handwriting not on the wall already?
Apart from Obi ,any Igbo man who contests for Aso Rock will be denied entry by the North!
It is a bitter truth!
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Nefort: 9:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
Penguin2:

Yorubas excel too…

But the difference is that while the Igbo man is not threatened by the Yoruba man’s success, the Yoruba is always so insecure whenever he sees the Igbo man progressing; hence the envy.

Can you show examples proving the part I highlighted in bold?
Re: Gen. Murtala Backed Coup Against Gowon For Appointing Igbo Man NNPC DG - Clark by Nefort: 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Because North and West are in alliance to hate them. They are in a pact to hate them permanently and indefinitely.

The hatred is so much that even if they do a great good it Would not make any difference,they will still be hated much more as it will be intensified. We see it in public and private sector offices every blessed day.

So the question is, WHY ARE YOU HATED Could it be something about your attitude?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

APC In Disarray As 3 Acting Chairmen Emerge In 3 Hrs / Zulum, Sultan, Buni, Ahmad Lawan, Shettima Others At COAS Prayer Funeral (Pics) / Afenifere: We Don’t Regard Tinubu As One Of Yoruba Defenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.