Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? (3846 Views)

LP/Obi Vs Bola Tinubu: Datti Baba-Ahmed In Court As INEC Opens Defence / Hakeem Amode: ₦100m For APC Forms Reflects Its Corruption-Riddled Underbelly / Bukola Saraki Vs Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fsnudo: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
This is a detailed and daring investigative effort by an investigative journalist, to unmask the many mysteries surrounding Bola A. Tinubu's mysterious past.

Please take your spaces in the thread without derailing it with ethnic supremacy or bigoted comments. Your moniker will be reported if you do otherwise.

This is an exclusive story that first appeared on nairaland on 26th of August 2023 and might help other well meaning Nigerians make informed conclusions on Bola Tinubu's mysteries past.

The journalist makes inferences from investigative cues and avoids conjectures or blanket conclusions, to avoid propagating rumours.
By Fs.Nudo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fsnudo: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2023
In 2015, an anonymous Nigerian blogger by the name Gistlover had published an exposé on a certain "Yekini Amoda Ogunlere". In September of 2022, the story went viral again, with the blogger insisting this individual in question was one and the same with Bola A. Tinubu, who against all odds was eventually declared president-elect of Nigeria on the 29th of May 2023.

However, as far back as 2010, Farouk Aresa had published an opinion piece on Sahara reporters, where he claimed Bola Tinubu was also one and same with Yekini Amoda, while as far back as 2002/3, the Nigerian supreme court had dismissed a suite by legal icon Chief Gani Fawehimi, who challenged the authenticity of academic records submitted by Bola Tinubu in his 1999 INEC declaration form. The court claimed that while the Nigerian police could investigate crimes of certificate forgery by the then governor of Lagos State, he however could not be tried or prosecuted since he enjoyed immunity as Governor of Lagos.

But is this really about certificate forgery?

Repeatedly, Bola Tinubu has stated that he did indeed attend the University of Chicago and had even provided written proofs, letters and statements from both the said institution and even certain erstwhile officials of the US, supporting his claim that truly Bola Tinubu attended the University of Chicago and graduated in 1979.

If Bola Tinubu forged his Chicago State University result, did he also compel US government officials to provide written proof that he graduated if he never did graduate? Or are these many Nigerians just against him because maybe they dont like his looks or even his tribe?

This did not make sense to me. I have watched close family members torn apart just over their divergent views on Tinubu's alleged corrupt rise to power.

I decided to do my own careful investigation in the midst of all the mad propaganda flying around. I don't think the results of my own findings might matter anymore than previous exposes, but I'm doing this to put my mind at ease and to draw a line between blatant false accusations against an innocent man and monumental fraud that might have been perpetrated against both the American and Nigerian States.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fsnudo: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2023
First Stop- Chicago State University

Hire a private investigator, visit Chicago State University or just send an FOI request to the School?

All options seemed plausible and doable but then again I thought; with AI, the internet archive and online data trace firms, you can quickly get to the root of many such investigations these days. If I meet a dead-end, I will have to resort to any of the above options to finish this investigation.

Let's get to work!

I visited the internet archive and carried out a few search queries on Chicago State University. (The Internet Archive is an American digital library founded in 1996. It contains records of digital publications that have appeared on the internet). Visit www.archive.org to search

If Bola Tinubu claimed to have graduated from Chicago State University in such flying colors and even official recommendations, then the odds of finding such brilliant student in the School's year book would be almost certain.

My first search query was on the names "Bola, Tinubu, Yekini, Sangodele, Adekunle and Amoda.

All these queries returned zero results for the following year period- 1975 - 1980.

I thought okay this might be a dead-end already? But I don't like to give up easily, hence I decided to peruse the pages of the yearbooks class after class. Conspicuously or by mere coincidence, the yearbook for the year 1979 (the year Tinubu allegedly claims to have graduated) was absent or missing. Okay maybe I can find it elsewhere? I decided to do a deeper-search using a different browser type but could not get my hands on the graduating year of 1979. It was quite weired that the yearbook for the exact year the president claims to have graduated was no where on the internet (even though there is data for previous graduating sets before 1979 and also for years after 1979).

Should I revert to my prior options or find a way through this?

I decided to peruse the pages of the yearbooks year after year to see the names and faces of the graduating students, perhaps I might come across a few friends of his who might have known the man in the past (this might be helpful for a PI).

Baaam! I struck something!

A. Amode

Wait, this graduating student is the only one who has one name written beneath his album picture. Also, this is the graduating set of 1977 not 1979 which Tinubu claimed to have graduated.

Before they pull it down, you can view my search query here to find the only surviving picture of this mysterious student "A. Amode".

https://archive.org/details/emblem__1977chic/page/182/mode/1up

Who is A. Amode? Which kind problem be this!

Pic 3: A. Amode as a Chicago State University graduating student in 1977.

Pic 4: Same pic enlarged with artificial intelligence

I decided to keep searching. Then I stumbled on another old credible news publication which cited Tinubu claiming to have graduated in 1977/78...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fsnudo: 4:41pm On Aug 26, 2023
All these constantly changing narratives don't seem to be helping my findings. Let me try to look into this A. Amode if it leads anywhere I thought.

AI to the rescue!
I downloaded the only surviving picture of A. Amode on the Chicago State University's 1977 yearbook. I uploaded on 2 AI image enhancing websites to improve the quality by any stretch, then I recolored the picture with another AI tool since the picture was in black and white originally. All of a sudden, the picture began to appear a little familiar or strange.

I am unable to upload image here (I think its because this is a new account). I will share images with a file sharing link where possible. But let us move on.

Then i did some google search for old images of Bola Tinubu and found something. Look at the pictures shared here side by side.
https://we.tl/t-UivN8EiTsl

Is this like a stretch at this stage already but do you suspect any resemblance?

How about if we use AI to show Amodes full hair and give him a little beard and a moustache. Will he look close to this?
https://we.tl/t-KJmwBhYQ8K

This is the scariest thing I've ever discovered, did this A. Amode change to Bola Tinubu's identity even though he also attended Chicago State University?

I will need to research on some high quality precision AI tools to be able to draw any final conclusions here sha.

How about if we get a lawyer to subpoena Chicago State University to provide me the official transcripts of this A. Amode? Or wait

His classmates!

In the 1977 yearbook, there appeared to be a good number of Nigerian students (going by many of the names that appears there). Lets hire a PI to reach out to a few of them if they're still alive?

What PI? Why not use a truthfinder? (These are online private date collectors. They do this in violation of people's privacy rights but they are allowed to work in the US). So I visit truthfinder and pay for a people trace result on just one of A. Amode's classmates. I already searched earlier before placing this trace request that this one could mostly pass for a close friend or aly of mr. Bola Tinubu even though this classmate (woman) presently lives in far away Chicago.

Did Amode indeed graduate in 1977 as he once claimed but only took up the identity of Bola Tinubu (a female student of Chicago State University) who graduated in 1979?

My findings started to make me spooky. Is this what I have to keep using my life to chasr now? This is like a rabbit hole now!

Did a man who had failed to conclude primary School, failed to conclude secondary School and most importantly an identity thief present himself for election as president in Africa's most populous Nation? This definitely cannot be the case, I thought to myself.

Run mutiple truth trace for A. Amode

Open criminal case against A. Amode in Chicago for alleged identity theft if suspicion is proved.
(This enables us to subpoena A. Amode's transcript from CSU)

Case will have to be handled by US department of justice since Bola Tinubu (Alleged daughter of Mrs Tinubu) must have died over 40 years ago. This means we have to file a complaint with US department of Justice.

US DOJ on its website states that US federal prosecutors work with federal investigative agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Secret Service, and the United States Postal Inspection Service to prosecute cases of identity theft. This is pursuance to a 1998 US Congress legislation which covers a new offense of identity theft, which prohibits "knowingly transfer[ring] or using, without lawful authority, a means of identification of another person with the intent to commit, or to aid or abet, any unlawful activity that constitutes a violation of Federal law, or that constitutes a felony under any applicable State or local law." 18 U.S.C. § 1028(a)(7).

This offense, in most circumstances, carries a maximum term of 15 years' imprisonment, a fine, and criminal forfeiture of any personal property used or intended to be used to commit the offense.

This seems like a dangerous chase but I believe the eventual findings will be worth it.

Do we stop digging deeper at this point or we damn the consequences and unmask the big masquerade? Because if any truth is found in these uncanny suspicious, the consequences might transcend beyond our Nation ending up like Lebanon and Albania- with their educated citizens littered around the World like educated destitutes! Did educated Nigerians really just allow a former full fledged drug dealer and identity thief steal his way to the highest office in the land?

Please support this investigation in any way to keep our work going, write me at Fsnudo@proton.me to get involved.

I am a Nigerian freelance investigative journalist.

2 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Obiedun(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2023
Teash
Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by derecho(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
Kikikiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by gaby(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2023
I haf sidon.

2 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fsnudo: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
gaby:
I haf sidon.
Welcome to the discussion

1 Like

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by gaby(m): 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fsnudo:

Welcome to the discussion

Thank you, sir.

2 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by YeyeGbami: 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
TOUCHÈ
Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Uyomiya: 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
Bola na Amoda

Amoda na Bola

1 Like

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by OkCornel(m): 5:25pm On Aug 26, 2023
Following…

1 Like

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fsnudo: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2023
Mods it is not possible to upload pictures undecided please come to our rescue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by ChemicalReaction(f): 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2023
Patiently waiting.

1 Like

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by huptin(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
waiting
Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Wisereborn: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fsnudo:

If Bola Tinubu claimed to have graduated from Chicago State University in such flying colors and even official recommendations, then the odds of finding such brilliant student in the School's year book would be almost certain.

My first search query was on the names "Bola, Tinubu, Yekini, Sangodele, Adekunle and Amoda.

All these queries returned zero results for the following year period- 1975 - 1980.
Comrade, off the mic 🎤 grin

We are talking about someone who impersonated the childhood picture of Donald Duke

Abi na the lies of bishops approving him

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Evaloyal2J(f): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2023
Byke stop me here, I no go again cool

5 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Eaglepixel: 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by PapaNnamdi: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
Someone should like this comment for me so I can comeback and read the complete post thank you

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Fibonacci88: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
Keke stop me here I no dey go anywhere again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:04pm On Aug 26, 2023
Eaglepixel:

The site isn't loading the picture

Be patient it loads up eventually, it’s a year boom with lots of graduating student’s photos
Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
Let me try uploading a photograph

OP I dey wait o, interesting stuff

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Samakus(m): 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fsnudo:

Hire a private investigator, visit Chicago State University or just send an FOI request to the School?

All options seemed plausible and doable but then again I thought; with AI, the internet archive and online data trace firms, you can quickly get to the root of many such investigations these days. If I meet a dead-end, I will have to resort to any of the above options to finish this investigation.

Let's get to work!

I visited the internet archive and carried out a few search queries on Chicago State University. (The Internet Archive is an American digital library founded in 1996. It contains records of digital publications that have appeared on the internet). Visit www.archive.org to search

I thought okay this might be a dead-end already? But I don't like to give up easily, hence I decided to peruse the pages of the yearbooks class after class. Conspicuously or by mere coincidence, the yearbook for the year 1979 (the year Tinubu allegedly claims to have graduated) was absent or missing. Okay maybe I can find it elsewhere? I decided to do a deeper-search using a different browser type but could not get my hands on the graduating year of 1979. It was quite weired that the yearbook for the exact year the president claims to have graduated was no where on the internet (even though there is data for previous graduating sets before 1979 and also for years after 1979).

Should I revert to my prior options or find a way through this?

I decided to peruse the pages of the yearbooks year after year to see the names and faces of the graduating students, perhaps I might come across a few friends of his who might have known the man in the past (this might be helpful for a PI).

Baaam! I struck something!

A. Amode

Wait, this graduating student is the only one who has one name written beneath his album picture. Also, this is the graduating set of 1977 not 1979 which Tinubu claimed to have graduated.

Before they pull it down, you can view my search query here to find the only surviving picture of this mysterious student "A. Amode".

https://archive.org/details/emblem__1977chic/page/182/mode/1up

Who is A. Amode? Which kind problem be this!

Pic 3: A. Amode as a Chicago State University graduating student in 1977.

Pic 4: Same pic enlarged with artificial intelligence

I decided to keep searching. Then I stumbled on another old credible news publication which cited Tinubu claiming to have graduated in 1977/78...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by josielewa(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2023
complete it or forever remain silent on this topic

3 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Gadafii: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
You should have started your investigation from his primary school not CSU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by 22o62021: 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
I kpogide here

1 Like

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by johnog4sure: 10:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fsnudo:
This is a detailed and daring investigative effort by an investigative journalist, to unmask the many mysteries surrounding Bola A. Tinubu's mysterious past.

Please take your spaces in the thread without derailing it with ethnic supremacy or bigoted comments. Your moniker will be reported if you do otherwise.

This is an exclusive story that first appeared on nairaland on 26th of August 2023 and might help other well meaning Nigerians make informed conclusions on Bola Tinubu's mysteries past.

The journalist makes inferences from investigative cues and avoids conjectures or blanket conclusions, to avoid propagating rumours.
By Fs.Nudo
Too much baggage from one man, he is an unrepentant liar. Notice that the devil destroy the world with half truth! In genesis chapter 3 he told eve "...you will surely not die" Eve didn't die immediately but eventually we all die. Amoda went to Chicago university, he was smart but wasn't topping his class and he used fake Identity bola tinubu, go and listen to American rap songs you will know that Chicago was notorious for drugs between 70s, 80s even now they still struggle with crimes. Ogunlere is a drug baron!

4 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by adefitim(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
So many secrecy on one man.

This is strange

3 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by gwanggaeto(m): 10:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
Following

1 Like

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by SweetJoystick(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2023
Fsnudo:
All these constantly changing narratives don't seem to be helping my findings. Let me try to look into this A. Amode if it leads anywhere I thought.

AI to the rescue!
I downloaded the only surviving picture of A. Amode on the Chicago State University's 1977 yearbook. I uploaded on 2 AI image enhancing websites to improve the quality by any stretch, then I recolored the picture with another AI tool since the picture was in black and white originally. All of a sudden, the picture began to appear a little familiar or strange if you like.

Nairaland is not allowing us upload image. I will update the thread once it is fixed. Moderators come to our rescue o

Reserve your spaces. This post will be updated as soon as possible

@penguin2
@legendhero
@racoon
@helinius
@christtruth
Keep trying

2 Likes

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Yankee101: 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
I went to an American school
One thing they don’t play with is graduating pictures
Tinubu spent a lot to buy his way

The only graduating year pictures missing is the year he said he graduated
Every other year is available
Atiku may make some of the university officials end up in jail

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A. Amode Vs Bola Tinubu: Ientity Theft Or Mere Coincidence? by Racoon(m): 11:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
Nothing coincidental about Tinubu’s forgery or identity theft. It is criminally his way of life.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do not allow the 20 Fuel Protestors Death to be in vain !! / Who's Message Was Greater - Jesus, Fela, Tupac, Bob Marley Or Biggie Smalls? / Free Market Economics: Why Is The Naija Private Sector Unable To Bring Growth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.