Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Helping The Poor: Your Ticket To Heaven And It's Blessings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Helping The Poor: Your Ticket To Heaven And It's Blessings (121 Views)

Prophet Emeka Onu Lists Food That Can Take One To Heaven And Hell (Video) / How Pastor Slept With My Mother With Promise Of Automatic Ticket To Heaven / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Helping The Poor: Your Ticket To Heaven And It's Blessings by Boomark(m): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
Will you be like the needy for helping the needy and not paying your tithe to the church? The answer is NO, because tithe was actually meant for the needy; the Levites (who have no land inheritance), the foreigners (because they have no land inheritance), the fatherless, and the widows, Deuteronomy 14:27-29, Deuteronomy 26:12-13.

Galatians 2:9-10
And recognizing the grace [that God had] bestowed on me, James and Cephas (Peter) and John, who were reputed to be pillars [of the Jerusalem church], gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we could go to the Gentiles [with their blessing] and they to the circumcised (Jews). 10 They asked only [one thing], that we remember the poor, the very thing I was also eager to do.

From the above scripture, it is evident that helping the needy is one of the major things the apostles did while preaching the gospel. If this is so important like this to the apostles, then it means that God is very much interested in the affairs of the needy and has commanded the apostles to focus on them. The eyes of Jehovah God is upon the needy and those who help them. As the blood of the needy is precious in the sight of God to save them, so it is also for those who help the needy because God is watching over the needy, Psalm 72:12-14.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed....

Proverbs 14:31
Whoever oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honours God.

Jeremiah 22:16
He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?” declares the LORD.

Helping the needy is the purest and faultless form of religion before God. It is what the spirit of God is sent to do. It is what it means to honour God with your substance. And it is what it means to know God.

Luke 11:41–42
41 So clean the inside by giving gifts to the poor, and you will be clean all over. 42 “What sorrow awaits you Pharisees! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore justice and the love of God. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things. Compare with Matthew 23:23.

Jesus told the Pharisees that for them to be clean all over before God, they must do something more important than tithe. They should give gifts to poor with what they have inside in terms of justice, mercy, and love of God. As we have seen, this is the purest and faultless for of religion before God.

There are many churches everywhere today but people still engage in so many bad things to survive because they (most churches) have departed from the foundation the apostles laid. God desired that his people become a holy people and to achieve that they should help themselves. He commanded them to do his will by helping the needy among them so that people will not go into doing evil deeds to survive.

Deuteronomy 15:4-11
....11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, “You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.” Read from verse 4.

The eyes of God is upon those who helped the needy to bless them. You can never be like the needy for helping the needy because you are giving directly to God and he will surely rewards you on earth and in heaven.

Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 28:27
Those who give to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to them receive many curses.

Acts 10:31
and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard, and your gifts to the poor have been remembered before God.

From the tithe which was meant for the poor; the Levites, the foreigners, the fatherless, and the widows, Deuteronomy 14:27-29, Deuteronomy 26:12-13, to the helping of the needy in Deuteronomy 15:1-11, and to the giving and sharing of the new testament, 2 Corinthians 9:6-9, these are the will of God for righteousness to endure among his children.

But today, evil is everywhere. Even in the church, people are deceiving their brethren to survive. Everybody is focusing on only paying their tithe which will not take them to the kingdom of God. They neglect their brothers and sisters who are in need, which is the most important. The way to the kingdom of God is still through helping the needy (and doing every other things that is the will of God). Matthew 25:31-46 gave an insight on how judgement day will look like. The work of God and the teaching of the apostles is mainly about the poor, Galatians 2:9-10, James 1:27, James 2:5,13-17(You can read the whole of chapter 2).

James 2:5
Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

Isaiah 11:4
... But with righteousness he will judge the needy, with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.

Matthew 25:37–40
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Not everyone calling him Lord Lord will enter there, Matthew 7:21-23, Jeremiah 14:13-16. To be on the safe side you must seek the will of God and do them. So if you have been deceived to believe a certain teaching and you neglect the more important things, those who deceive you will not put you in the kingdom of God because they too will be rejected. The word and the will of God here is clear for you to follow.

Read also Proverbs 22:9, Isaiah 41:17, Matthew 5:3, Mark 10:21, Luke 6:20, 1 Timothy 6:18, James 2:14-17, Acts 9:36, Proverbs 21:13, Matthew 6:1-4.

2 Likes

Re: Helping The Poor: Your Ticket To Heaven And It's Blessings by Righthussle: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Obedience - All And Always / Seeds Of Destiny Daily Devotional Guide 5/9/23 / Thinking Thursday! ~ 7th September, 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.