Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls (15089 Views)

Messi Scores An Outrageous Free Kick Against Ecuador To Equal Beckham Record / Wayne Rooney Gets Red Card After Elbowing Opponent In The Neck In MLS (Photos) / Zlatan Ibrahimovic Scores Stunning Bicycle Kick Goal In MLS, Fans React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by teebagy: 1:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
MASTERMIND04:

Mtchewwww. Anybody playing in any American club for me is not a player cos they don't know how to play football over there.
If na Basket ball now, ehn ehn... but football, even me sef go shine for there.
One nonsense player score for inter miami dey jubilate lol.
Before nko? Infact, he suppose dey score like 10 goals in every match played.
Arabs can playball nah dimwit. Check their fifa ranking.
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by Teeklef(m): 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2023
AImiron:
Yo bro, thanks for the correction. I honestly didn’t read, got tons of mentions. I appreciate
No wham✅

1 Like

Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by mayor1814: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2023
gly:

This comparison will not take one any where!
These guys (Ronaldo and Messi) have both paid their dues.
Just enjoy the game of soccer and let's stopped being extremist.
No offense please.
#TeamMessi&Ronaldo#

Yeah bro. I feel ur point. U are a good person with good intention. But just that that image of Ronaldo stealing a world cup goal unsuccessfully is not going away in my memory. It's still crystal clear. I still watch the clip this morning. It's embarrassing bro even u as a neutral will admit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by WowSweetGuy(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2023
So Messi have made Americans start watching football

Basketball and Baseball American football game lovers go soon join other Americans caught on soccer trap by Messi to see how soccer is more than a game and more enjoyable
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2023
teebagy:
Arabs can playball nah dimwit. Check their fifa ranking.
The guy no serious. Comparing American league with Arabian league.
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by Equalitygod: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2023
elder1002:
Most of you forget about the criteria for selection, you all just focus more on champions league 😅😅😅😅.

World cup is the biggest cup.

Messi is selected and FiFa is fraud, this and that.

Have you rilly checked messi stat this year alone

Award is based on individual involvement in the team .

Individual performance
Individual strenght and technicalities in a team

You people forget the INDIVIDUAL and focus more on team success..

Now tell me aside goals there are more individual performance that are looked on before u can be called the best in the tournaments all round.. remember this cuts across Europe and international team all round.

Do u think they award this because you had goals and no other extra like assist, man of the match, take ons, chances blocked, duets won, cleared, saves etc...

If awards were won just because of goals alone, even defenders, defence mid filders and goal keepers won't even be nominated..

We have limited our beauty of football to just GOALS, GOALS, GOALS,

THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALLS THAN JUST GOALS.. EVERY MAN HAS A POSITION ON THE PITCH AND BASED ON YOUR POSITION YOU HAVE A PERFORMANCE RATING.

WHY THEN DO U THINK WE HAVE MATCH RATINGS AFTER EACH MATCH FOR PLAYERS BASED ON THEIR PERFORMANCE ON THE FIELD.

WE ARE TO BLIND TO SEE THAT MESSI IS JUST UNIQUE AND SAD ENOUGH HE HAS SET A STANDARD THAT OTHERS SEE IT AS NORMAL...

REMEMBER JORGIOHO WON FIFA BEST BECAUSE OF HIS INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE AND LITTLE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BUT HE WASN'T THE HIGHEST GOAL SCORER IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, EVEN MODIRC AND OTHERS AND VANDL DIJK

People are more focused on goals scored because it will favour Ronaldo but once u start putting other stats that brings the beauty of footballs then you can't deny the fact but call messi in...

For every match played, check the stat and ratings of each player and get the average sum from their first match to the last of the season..

Haven't you seen that a team would loose to another team but still there will be a player in the loosing team that has the highest match rating in that match....

Don't just focus on goals goals goals and cups mostimes but focus on individual brilliance in the whole year in all competitions.

Individual performance not team performance

If you think goals is what determines this awards and team efforts not individual performance.. messi would have 10 fifa best and 10 ballon d or.

Rest Messi is in sucker league while Ronaldo is in camel league. Na time for the young. Like the bible says the young shall grow.
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by Equalitygod: 7:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
Manfromlasvegas:
Messi made such a smart decision to go to America. Last last he will end up being the richest sports man, most popular sport man , and the most successful footballer. Ronaldo go explain tire

Lol. Ronaldo or Messi Can never be the richest sportmen. They may be the most popular... Sometimes una go dey use una mouth dey talk nonsense.

Michael Jordan and lebron James are the top. You think say na by salary they take be the richest shey... Ronaldo with his salary and Messi with his bonus clause nor go fit reach am.

The Americans are different. Research before spitting nonsense.
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by Manfromlasvegas(m): 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
Equalitygod:

Lol. Ronaldo or Messi Can never be the richest sportmen. They may be the most popular... Sometimes una go dey use una mouth dey talk nonsense.

Michael Jordan and lebron James are the top. You think say na by salary they take be the richest shey... Ronaldo with his salary and Messi with his bonus clause nor go fit reach am.

Lebron James bawo? How? Micheal Jordan I fit gree but lebron James how? Lebron James that Messi and Ronaldo have been earning more than for how many years now.

I did not mention Micheal Jordan because him don retire, if na by that one na flamini I for mention.

Anyways I no even talk say Messi is the richest sportsman, na Ronaldo for now. What I said is that by the time Messi go don retire he WILL be the richest sportsman.

Which yeye lebron James? Micheal Jordan I fit gree, but him don retire. Lebron James bawo? How?

Somebody that Messi and Ronaldo have been earning more than for how many years now. Not to talk of now wey dem don get their new number salaries.

Anyways I did not say that Messi is the richest sportsman, na Ronaldo get that title according to Forbes. What I said is that Messi WILL be the richest by the time he ends his career.

Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by Equalitygod: 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
[quote author=Manfromlasvegas post=125399945][/quote]

You know say lebron James is worth 1b$ shey? Make we MJ that is worth 2b$ and focus on James.

Basketball players dey earn money but most times a footballer always take the no 1 most highest paid. But if you check the list for Forbes you will see that American football (aka egg ball) and NBA players always get more players for the Forbes 100 but Messi and Ronaldo always dey carry first

Lebron James wey get 1b$ you think say na by salary.... Dude made his money from investment. Footballers in Europe dey invest but they nor dey serious.. idk if na seriousness or they nor get time to invest.

Even with Ronaldo 200m$ and Messi bonus they can never overtake lebron James except if his business ventures fails. For a sportsman to be the richest man is not by salary.

Lol flamini nor be billionaire... The news wey talk about am say he get 18b$ na fake. He is a part owner of a company. Neymar still get money pass am.
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by realsportclub7: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
Equalitygod:

That's too presumptuous of you sir
And you're very wrong.

It isn't sport that makes you the richest, it's what you do with the image it gives you.

How are you sure Ronaldo and Messi can't reach that height when they retire
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by chickenfoot: 9:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
Abegiii, this MLS na serious scam abeg.
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by gly(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
AImiron:
exactly my bro, just fun nothing personal.

Respect Baba!
I tuale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by gly(m): 9:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
mayor1814:

Yeah bro. I feel ur point. U are a good person with good intention. But just that that image of Ronaldo stealing a world cup goal unsuccessfully is not going away in my memory. It's still crystal clear. I still watch the clip this morning. It's embarrassing bro even u as a neutral will admit.

You still watch am again...with respected to the bolded grin grin grin grin
Re: Messi Scores Dazzling Goal In MLS Debut, Leads Miami over New York Red Bulls by Equalitygod: 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2023
realsportclub7:

That's too presumptuous of you sir
And you're very wrong.

It isn't sport that makes you the richest, it's what you do with the image it gives you.

How are you sure Ronaldo and Messi can't reach that height when they retire

How am I wrong? The 2 billionaire in sport Jordan and lebron was it by their salary... no

Jordan didn't become rich due to his image but his image contributed something and Nike did the rest, lebron was business wise not any fucking image.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria / Coronavirus: All Champions league, Europa league matches postponed indefinitely / Ndidi, Iheanacho Nominated For Leicester Best Player Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.