Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? (47139 Views)

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Ftheophilous(m): 7:15am On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:
My younger brother was born on November 6th, 1996. He became 26 years old last year November. He is worried if he can still apply for bank graduate trainees vacancies in which the criteria for the fresh graduates is that they should be not more than 26 years old. Because he will be 27 years on November 6th this year. Just few month's to go.

Can he still be considered 26 years? Or is he above the age limit?

Will he still be 26 at the completion of the training school?
I was 26 and some months when I applied, though I'm still 26. I'll be 27 in 6 months' time.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by SunMusk(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2023
I think the day you are born is ur new year, so technically he is still 26 yrs
eepeepook:
Na education fail people for this forum? I really want to know.

Unlike him, I claim my new age on the first day of the new year. I don’t see the point waiting till my birth month.

Let me quote the topic for reference.

Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by kevoh(m): 7:23am On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:
He is worried if he can still apply for bank graduate trainees vacancies in which the criteria for the fresh graduates is that they should be not more than 26 years old.
Let him apply first. There's no harm in trying! What are you guys going to lose?
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Oracleee: 7:36am On Aug 28, 2023
He is 26 years and 9months.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Aduke96: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2023
zomoears:

First Bank does not consider age a limitation for graduate trainees.

Zenith Bank recruits at 35yrs age limits.

GTBank states not more than 26 as at last birthday.

Feel free to continue the research.

Please assist with link🙏
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by jamesibor: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2023
eepeepook:

Unlike him, I claim my new age on the first day of the new year. I don’t see the point waiting till my birth month.

You appear to be the one failed by education here. Your age (in years) doesn't change until your next birthday meaning the dude is still 26 until his next birthday in November.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by phemmyfour: 7:46am On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:
My younger brother was born on November 6th, 1996. He became 26 years old last year November. He is worried if he can still apply for bank graduate trainees vacancies in which the criteria for the fresh graduates is that they should be not more than 26 years old. Because he will be 27 years on November 6th this year. Just few months to go.

It depends on the criteria.
He's above if he will be 26yrs old by Dec of the year of the application(Assuming that's application criteria). Even if your brother is 26 from Jan to November but turns 27 by December, he is ineligible.

But if the criteria mentioned only 26yrs as at last birthday, then he's eligible.

Yet again, this is Nigeria, anything can happen. There is no harm in trying. Rules can be amended at anytime, protocols can be overlooked
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by phemmyfour: 7:48am On Aug 28, 2023
eepeepook:

You are wrong, until you hit your birth date, you are your previous age and X months old

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by donbenie(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2023
na2016:

He is not 26. He is older than 26 with some months n days.
You cannot be older 26 years,if you are not 27 years..
You are 26 years old, until your 27th birthday..
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by ryfoz(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2023
ChengHun:
Let him apply first irrespective of his age, he may be lucky.

Thank you
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by donbenie(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2023
eepeepook:

You cannot claim a new age,until you hit that particular age..

A year is made of 365 days and it starts counting from the day you are born..

Every 365 or 366 days,you hit a new age..

If someone born on June 1990 dies on January 2023,he died at age 32 years and not 33 years..

2 Likes

Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Djamel(m): 8:00am On Aug 28, 2023
ashewoboy:
He will not be considered. Dey play.

I don't know why they all like 26.

The age limit should be 30 for all graduate trainee jobs. The peculiarity of Nigeria should be considered.

very true......with the constant ASUU strike that have plagued our school system......30 should be the benchmark
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2023
What if it were the other way round that he can only be entitled to something when he clocks 27?
Can he get it now that he is between 26 and 27?
Wake up
Go for it 1st
He might be lucky and prove smarter than others that went

1 Like

Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:27am On Aug 28, 2023
eepeepook:

but when it comes to things like this he isn't up to 27 years yet except they wan do magomago, in a case whereby a person dies and he/she's next bday is Oct 1st to clock 50 but dies even a week b4 the bday the person is considered to have died at age 49
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by zomoears(m): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2023
Aduke96:

Please assist with link🙏

Google is your friend
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by tragergeorge(m): 8:43am On Aug 28, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Did the job state that he must still be 26yrs at a particular date? Eg, Some job can state that 30th birthday must not be more beyond July 31st, so if such is the case, your bro should use such to determine if he is eligible, but if it just state 26yrs, as long as he still has a day to clock 27, he is 26
he's over 26 yes....
26 yrs and some months....
He de he 27th year.
From day 1 to day 365 is called your first year
Your first 365 days is your first year....
Whoever brought the topic did so cos he know so yàwa don de
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Sk5050: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2023
I hope you now see the reasons why many falsify their age. Because in the labour market there is always an age limit for jobs, now you understand why politicians have an inconsistent age. Dey play😂😂
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by IamAsiri: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2023
aremubabs:

He is already more than 26 years old.

He is 26 and 8 months.

But he is not yet 27
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Agromuda(m): 9:11am On Aug 28, 2023
His age before October 1st of the current year is his present and correct age #NigeriaConstitution
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2023
He's 26 na. Wait r we in November 🤧
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by ezekieloe(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2023
He is still 26 years old until the anniversary of his birthday in November.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:36am On Aug 28, 2023
tragergeorge:
he's over 26 yes....
He de he 27th year.
It depends on interpretation of who is requesting for the age.
If a person should die a day less 70, his cert of death will state died at 69, irrespective of the fact that it's just a day less the next age.
Some might demand that you must still be 20yrs as at Dec 31st of the year, some might say as at date of advert, application, interview, etc.
I've even seen one(a govt agency or fed sch, forgotten the exact) that used our independence day (Oct 1st), that is, you must not have clocked a certain age as at Oct 1st.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by chatinent: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2023
Is he 27?

What's so hard to comprehend!
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2023
Agromuda:
His age before October 1st of the current year is his present and correct age #NigeriaConstitution
tragergeorge see what I just mentioned, I never even knew it's in the law. Obviously that's why the fed organization I saw the ad used the date.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by IamAsiri: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:
My younger brother was born on November 6th, 1996. He became 26 years old last year November. He is worried if he can still apply for bank graduate trainees vacancies in which the criteria for the fresh graduates is that they should be not more than 26 years old. Because he will be 27 years on November 6th this year. Just few months to go.

He'd better apply. Some banks do waive these rules. Plus, if he is not eligible they'd let him know.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by IamAsiri: 9:52am On Aug 28, 2023
tragergeorge:
he's over 26 yes....
He de he 27th year.

He is not yet in the 27th year.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Sleekfingers: 10:00am On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:

He is still 26.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by IMASTEX: 10:04am On Aug 28, 2023
aremubabs:

He is already more than 26 years old.
He is 26 and 8 months.

The reference point is a "year".
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by upuphim(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2023
Let him apply as most HR considers such age as at last birthday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. / Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.