Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? (47150 Views)

Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by correctguy101(m): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2023
eepeepook:
Na education fail people for this forum? I really want to know.

Unlike him, I claim my new age on the first day of the new year. I don’t see the point waiting till my birth month.

Let me quote the topic for reference.

Abegi, education different for differing people jare...

My own education tells me January 1st is not my new year but the new calender year for the many mad people out there. My own new year starts on the day I first enter this planet, so I count from that very day to the next in the following year. So the wahala be say I dey even add the hours, minutes and seconds each time I speak of am.... angry

The bugger is 26yrs plus less than 3months to be 27 kpere....grin
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Jimiyung(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2023
26 is fine for a graduate program. If he was in his 30s, chance is very slim.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Abbeytoy(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2023
God forbid bad things. He will live long Amen.

But if he dies today, did he die at 26 years 26+ or 27 years?

Your last birthday is your real age.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by achimendy(m): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:
My younger brother was born on November 6th, 1996. He became 26 years old last year November. He is worried if he can still apply for bank graduate trainees vacancies in which the criteria for the fresh graduates is that they should be not more than 26 years old. Because he will be 27 years on November 6th this year. Just few months to go.

Can he still be considered 26 years? Or is he above the age limit?

Tell him to reduce his age or else they'll screen him out. Except he has a strong connection in that bank then no issue.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by abbasajao(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2023
He is no longer 26 and doesn't meet up with the age criteria
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by olaolaking: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2023
aremubabs:

He is already more than 26 years old.

He is 26 and 8 months.

is he 27?
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 11:37am On Aug 28, 2023
olaolaking:
is he 27?

He is 26+

Not 26.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 11:46am On Aug 28, 2023
IMASTEX:

The reference point is a "year".

Age is a continuous variable in this regard.

26+1 month is greater than 26.

For example, NYSC said 30 or below for service eligibility.

Because of certain disputes, some people turned it to 29 years max.

But it is actually 30 or below.

If your date of birth is 27/08/1993, for example. And you graduate 28/08/2023, you become immediately ineligible by being a day older than 30 years old.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Successlane: 11:49am On Aug 28, 2023
An hour to his 27th birth day, he is 26 years.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by olaolaking: 11:49am On Aug 28, 2023
aremubabs:

He is 26+

Not 26.

Can you fill any form and input 26+?
Have you seen any online form with such things as 26 plus in there selection?
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2023
IMASTEX:

The reference point is a "year".

Tell that to organizations like NYSC.

And who told you the reference is year? You think we are talking about birthday day here?

We are talking about age.

Age includes day, month and year.

Organizations like NYSC does not just look at the year you were born. They look at the day and month as well.

If you are one day or a month past your 30th birth, you will be treated as above 30.

It is the same with this issue.

Someone between 26 and 27 will be treated as older than 26.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2023
olaolaking:
Can you fill any form and input 26+?
Have you seen any online form with such things as 26 plus in there selection?

Most official forms would not ask you for your age as a whole number.

They would rather ask for date of birth which would include day/month/year.

That is because age is never really a discrete variable, exactly like time. It is continuous until you die.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
IamAsiri:

But he is not yet 27

But he is older than 26.

Age is a continuous variable.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kobicove:

Technically speaking he's still 26 until his next birthday!

You meant ordinarily speaking.

Because technically, age is calculated in months and years.

In medicine, even in in pathology, you would have cases tendered as "man has been dead for a day and 2 hours."

They will not say, "man has been dead for a day".

They would include the hours past one day because those hours are not useless. They are significant.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
ValarDoharis:
He is 26yrs old until his next birthday.

Age is not fractionalized officially

On the contrary, age is fractionalized officially.

In fact, there is hardly any documents that would ask for your age as a whole number.

If you have such an official document, it would still ask for your date of birth. DD/MM/YYYY

In fact, most official documents would only ask for your date of birth, and not your age as a whole number.

And that is because age is continuous.

27.1 is obviously greater than 27.0 but less than 27.2
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by olaolaking: 12:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
aremubabs:

Most official forms would not ask you for your age as a whole number.

They would rather ask for date of birth which would include day/month/year.

That is because age is never really a discrete variable, exactly like time. It is continuous until you die.

Date of birth is just to detail and certify the age.

It is just like presenting SSCE as a requirement. The SSCE is the koko. The school you attended to get SSCE is just to get more information or details or proofs.

Some organizations will add more details and specify date of target. But in this case, the guy is 26
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by aremubabs: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
olaolaking:
Date of birth is just to detail and certify the age.

It is just like presenting SSCE as a requirement. The SSCE is the koko. The school you attended to get SSCE is just to get more information or details or proofs.

Some organizations will add more details and specify date of target. But in this case, the guy is 26

Ordinarily, the guy is 26.

But technically, he is above 26.

Ever heard about NYSC age limit?

It works exactly the same.

Your date of birth is used to calculate your true age, and then matched against your graduation to see if you are eligible to serve. Once you are even 30 years and 1 day old, you become ineligible.

I once entered a program which said entrants must not be older than 35.

The system rejected me because (at the time), I was 35 years and 4 months.

What did you think the system used to decide that? My date of birth, of course. I was 4 months past my 35th birthday. I was not 36 yet, but I was already older than 35.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by adspelite(m): 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
fryo4life:
My younger brother was born on November 6th, 1996. He became 26 years old last year November. He is worried if he can still apply for bank graduate trainees vacancies in which the criteria for the fresh graduates is that they should be not more than 26 years old. Because he will be 27 years on November 6th this year. Just few months to go.

Can he still be considered 26 years? Or is he above the age limit?

NO EVIDENCE? YOU GO EXPLAIN TIRE!
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by chickenfoot: 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
He is still 26 years abeg.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by IamAsiri: 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2023
aremubabs:

But he is older than 26.

Age is a continuous variable.

No, he is not. He is still 26 years old. He is either 26 years or 27 years old.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Timigeofrey(m): 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
I graduated @30 plus some month was still exempted from NYSC..so
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Natural2Heal: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
Timigeofrey:
I graduated @30 plus some month was still exempted from NYSC..so

You mean NYSC exempted you because of the few months after your 30 years age? Even though you are not yet 31 years old then??
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Hezmatosky: 6:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
eepeepook:
Na education fail people for this forum? I really want to know.

Unlike him, I claim my new age on the first day of the new year. I don’t see the point waiting till my birth month.

Let me quote the topic for reference.

What if you completed 30yrs dec 31st, so the next day 1st jan, you're 31 abi? Dey play sad
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by TrustNone: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
dagbas:
Shebi national assembly has banned age limit on employments. Abi na rubber stamp legislooters.
they only moved the motion
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by TrustNone: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
Natural2Heal:

You mean NYSC exempted you because of the few months after your 30 years age? Even though you are not yet 31 years old then??
he's lying cos 30 is eligible to serve
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by Sirchiboy: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:
he's lying cos 30 is eligible to serve
He is not lying.
I was exempted to.
I graduated 30 plus some months.
Re: Can He Still Be Considered 26 Years old or not? by abdabass: 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2023
Good day my brother,
My advice is that, either he will be considered or not, let him apply first. Nobody will penalize or prosecutes him for doing so.
Best regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jobs People Look Down, That They Are Now Doing. / Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.