Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,151 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Opinion: You Are WRONG If You Think Bbnaija Is Evil. Find Out Why Here. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion: You Are WRONG If You Think Bbnaija Is Evil. Find Out Why Here. (85 Views)

Doyin Okupe To Omokri And Others: You Are Wrong, Buhari Is Right With The Office / ‘there Is Evil Around Us’ – Crying Davido’s Hypeman Special Spesh Reveals / Post An Unpopular Opinion You Have And Let It Be Rated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: You Are WRONG If You Think Bbnaija Is Evil. Find Out Why Here. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
"Demonic", "evil", "a crime to society." These are some of the words used to describe the BBNaija show. But does it truly deserve the hate?

I've read many articles and seen many videos of people calling the Big Brother Naija program all sorts of negative names. While I am not against any person or body with those opinions, it is my fundamental human right to have my own opinion —hence this article.

This lockdown has been a nightmare. But it has also provided us — especially the working class — with enough time for ourselves. Sometimes it can get boring and that's how I discovered dozens of articles online condemning BBN. Out of sheer curiosity, I wanted to find out for myself.

So, after watching hours of it myself, here are my own thoughts.

Firstly, I would like to recognize the economic value of the show. Many might not see it at first glance but Big Brother Naija drives a significant income into Nigeria's entertainment industry.

In my first minute of listening to some housemates talk about Nigeria (in a positive way), I noticed that with proper planning, BBNaija could also promote tourism in Nigeria.

Being available on DStv and Gotv, BBNaija is available to many other countries in Africa. This can open a potential market for tourism in Nigeria.

My second revelation of the show is that the show is rated 18 and they keep singing that into your head continuously. This is why the government may find cancelling the show very hard.

Every 30 minutes or there about, an advertisement that explains how to block the channel for your kids comes up. They know that their content isn't for children and they try their best to assist parents block the channel.

Thirdly, I don't really see why many condemn the show on the basis of "immorality." The show has been accused of corrupting our youth but is this really true?

Fine, there are times where housemates use vulgar language, dress indecently or consume alcoholic drinks BUT don't we see these same things in movies, music videos and other entertainment media? Yet, we don't direct blame to them.

I am not justifying any of the immoral acts mentioned above. I am simply stating that you cannot blame the immorality in today's youth on one program only. If we must judge BBN, then we must also judge other entertainment media.

Some of the "adult content" in Big Brother is even done at night. The hours of 1am to 3am are when some of the housemates do the actions that the show is being savaged for.

When I started watching the show, I assumed to would be adult content all through due to the things I had previously heard about it. However, I noticed that housemates were usually busy with completing tasks during the day.

The above paragraph means to me that even though children watch the show (which is not advised), there really isn't anything that can affect them. The real sins start late at night when children are supposed to be asleep.

Of course, all the above points are my opinion and won't be accepted by everyone, but I hope it will make people review the way they refer to the program. I even summarized the whole article into the following question & answers.

Question: Is Big Brother satanic or demonic? Answer: I am not a pastor or Alfa so I can't answer that 100% correctly.

Question: Is Big Brother bad for our children? Answer: Yes, but they know that themselves and strongly advise you block the channel.

Question: Is the show a negative influence? Answer: While it does show moral vices from time to time, it isn't worst than most of the other things we let our youth do freely.

With this article, I've expressed my own opinion on the show. You can tell us yours also in the comments section. Every opinion is welcomed.

Thanks for reading. Remember to like, share and follow me for more thought provoking articles.

Content created and supplied by: E.AOmolaju (via Opera News )
Re: Opinion: You Are WRONG If You Think Bbnaija Is Evil. Find Out Why Here. by finallybusy: 5:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
1. Outdated article.

2. Stop trying to educate illiterates. Leave them in their delusion.

(1) (Reply)

Home Remedies For Dry Skin : Useful For Sensitive Skin As Well / South-south Women Call NDWL Officials, Timi Frank Idle Talkers / Family Dentistry Services Waterloo - King Street Dental Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.