Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,797 members, 7,831,581 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG (21348 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact / ₦58 Billion Disbursed To Poor Nigerians In 2 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
Burob:
Wailer expensive indeed in the long run, is anybody forcing you to change to gas? It’s an alternative, just as solar is to.

I am not a fool to convert any of my vehicles from what the where designed to be

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
kosiebe:

Oga you don't know anything.
Fuel and gas ends in the carburetor.
Don't come here and assume nonsense for us

Do you know what a carburetor is ? How does fuel end in the carburetor when the carburetor is responsible for dumping the fuel in the piston chamber?

Some of you are even duller than I imagine
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
iHateFraudsters:

Your points are valid.

CNG, risk of explosion?

I hope you're not confusing LNG with CNG.

Do your research again.

I stand to be corrected though.

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Vadese1: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
Other fat lie from this useless government
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

You’re just fabricating ideas to justify your criticism.
The entire world is leaving petro in few years so oil might be useless if Nigeria do not make alternatives for the future you’ll still be the one to complain that the government lacks foresight allow government do their thing it’s not by force to use CNG you can stick with your petro in peace without criticizing other things.
Ronu oooo!
grin

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Benwallt(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If you take look at the following

High set up cost

Heavy wear and tear on your engine

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Risk if explosion during accident

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

So, no good side? Not even one
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Burob: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I am not a fool to convert any of my vehicles from what the where designed to be
Not surprised, as usual be the last to grasp up to new innovation, just because of bad belle.

Saw a while back, some car companies turning petrol cars to solar?

Never say never.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by PS712: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Take your Low IQ away from here ..I dare you to counter any point I have mentioned it keep quiet ...You think I am your brain grade ?
The idea should have been to go for electric vehicles which are more efficient, cleaner and safe. The CNG and LNG are a quick fix to a problem.

4 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
Burob:
Not surprised, as usual be the last to grasp up to new innovation, just because of bad belle.

Saw a while back, some car companies turning petrol cars to solar?

Never say never.

How is CNG a new innovation? If my car wasn't factory built to run CNG I am not putting anything CNG in it because I am smart and I know it's penny wise and pound foolish to do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by 77up(m): 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I didn't even bother to read your daft reply...oga say something smart
Hatred has really dealt with your tiny little brain, with all the point that man is making , you still keep on been f00lish.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by jegaxe(m): 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
Within the next few years u won't even see 300 . Empty promises
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by israelmao(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
APC and lie are inseparable just wait and see.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by 77up(m): 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

If at this Age you don’t take climate change seriously you need to be born again you’re really Empty with a loud mouth and a empty skull.
Climate change can end human race if not taken seriously from droughts, wildfires, Tsunamis you’re a certified loafer.

You have really gone far ahead of what his little brain can process, all he and his lots know is to come online and wail senselessly 😂

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
77up:
Hatred has really dealt with your tiny little brain, with all the point that man is making , you still keep on been f00lish.

He didn't challenge a single point I made but instead started talking of clean energy ...what's my business with clean ( besides there is nothing like clean energy, every energy must have an environmental cost attached to it )..My points where strictly economic and if he couldn't address he should just shut up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by bobbiiee: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
According to Aria.

The choice between compressed natural gas (CNG) and petrol (gasoline) depends on various factors. Let's compare them:

1. Cost: CNG is generally cheaper than petrol, making it more cost-effective in terms of fuel expenses.

2. Environmental Impact: CNG is considered a cleaner fuel option compared to petrol. It emits fewer greenhouse gases, particulate matter, and harmful pollutants, resulting in lower air pollution.

3. Availability: Petrol is more widely available than CNG. Gas stations offering CNG refueling might be limited in some areas, so it's important to consider the availability of CNG stations in your location.

4. Vehicle Compatibility: CNG vehicles require specific modifications or dedicated CNG vehicles to run efficiently. Petrol vehicles, on the other hand, don't require any special modifications.

5. Performance: In terms of performance, petrol generally provides better acceleration and power compared to CNG. However, CNG vehicles can still offer satisfactory performance.

6. Range: Petrol vehicles generally have a longer range compared to CNG vehicles. CNG tanks often require more space, reducing the available trunk space in vehicles.

7. Refueling Time: Refueling with petrol is usually quicker compared to CNG. CNG refueling can take longer, especially if there are limited refueling stations.

Considering these factors, the choice between CNG and petrol depends on your priorities, such as cost, environmental impact, availability of refueling stations, and vehicle compatibility. It's important to evaluate these factors based on your specific needs and circumstances before making a decision.

2 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by benzion72(m): 7:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
Buhari own was I assure you
Tinubu and his cohort is Port Harcourt Refinery WILL
All cars WILL
Dangote refinery WILL
Palliative WILL
Government of propagandist
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by bobbiiee: 7:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Based on the real-time information, here are some disadvantages of compressed natural gas (CNG) conversion in cars:

- Decreased Power Output: One major disadvantage of CNG conversion is a decreased power output. You may feel a significant change in the power of your car.

- Limited Availability: CNG filling stations are limited in number, which can be a disadvantage if you rely on CNG as your primary fuel source.

- Reduced Storage Space: CNG tanks require storage space in the vehicle. This may result in sacrificing some trunk space for cars, truck bed space for pickup trucks, or space behind the back seat for SUVs.

- Lowered Performance: The performance of the car may be reduced significantly when running on CNG compared to gasoline or diesel.

- Engine Injector Issues: CNG conversion can sometimes lead to engine injector issues, which may require additional maintenance and repairs.

- Lesser Fuel Range: CNG cars generally have a lower fuel range compared to gasoline or diesel cars. This means you may need to refuel more frequently.

- Higher Purchasing Cost: CNG vehicles tend to be more expensive than gasoline vehicles. The initial purchasing cost of a CNG car can be higher.

It's important to consider these disadvantages when deciding whether to convert a car to run on compressed natural gas.

2 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Beastnation(m): 7:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

You’re just fabricating ideas to justify your criticism.
The entire world is leaving petro in few years so oil might be useless if Nigeria do not make alternatives for the future you’ll still be the one to complain that the government lacks foresight allow government do their thing it’s not by force to use CNG you can stick with your petro in peace without criticizing other things.

Baba this Isn't true. do your research correctly, you'll find our that electric cars were first produced before petrol cars.. Baba na only Nigeria they leverage on oil?, why is the middle east thriving and we on the other hand suffering. All these propaganda. Have you ridden a electric car or bike before, they shitty quote me any where.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by chaloskyx: 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
always remember apc = lies

can anyone on nairaland raise their hand if their cars uses gas to run if so please where did you buy yours cause if there is no car in Nigeria that runs on NLG whats the aim of this elephant project?
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by XAUBulls: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
Islie:
The Federal Government has concluded plans to roll out 9000 autogas filling stations from the existing 10,000 retail outlets across the country under the National…

https://dailytrust.com/9000-autogas-filling-stations-take-off-in-6-months-fg/
Impressive! CNG is the cheapest fuel you can get... Cheaper than even LNG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Blakjewelry(m): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

Trash talk. I doubt you didn't do your research very well or rather you just did some Google search on the down side of cng. Yeah they might always be a negative comments doesn't mean that is the case. Of all that you mentioned, though using gas tend to heat the cylinder head more, people who have use it swore the engine did a lot of kilometers, some said their gearbox died long time before the engine. Some people have even pass their car through different generation and the car engine is still going strong after lengthy years. Explosion you mentioned are mainly from poor work done on the line plus using substandard product, overall it has to do with human error than the product itself.

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Fujiyama: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reality3080:
y argue with an Igbo who has his mind programmed to hate

Give your eye to an Igbo man, once his mind is programmed to hate he will still talk down on u

Same way buhari ignored u is d same way tinubu will ignore u, if u like kill your self

^^^
cheesy
The argument is on the pros and cons of CNG, LNG petrol, electric vehicles etc. You obviously have nothing to contribute in that area so you tried to steer the argument away towards things you are more familiar with.

Unfortunately, your plan isn't working. sad Consult your Maiyasin, Dibia or Babalawo for help.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Fujiyama: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
LegendHero:
By the way, Tinubu is the president and he can govern this country anyhow he wants.

^^^
cheesy

No he cannot.

It isn't his personal estate to do with as he pleases.

Be guided.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Akinola2543(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I didn't even bother to read your daft reply...oga say something smart

Well it's now obvious you're the one daft.
Try to be smart and think extensively.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Well I don't believe in that crap... The climate of the world has never been stagnant, it normal for the world to have different climates trimmings over time ... You are just a hook line and sinker guy that can't think on his own ..I am sure you even took COVID vaccine right? And you beleived the Ozone hole? 😅😅😅

Volcanoes have been producing gigatons of Co2 and sulphur dioxide from millions of years yet the earth hasn't ended and it's your internal combustion engine you think will break the earths climate 😅😅😅😅🤡🤡🤡
This is some deep reasoning right here
But what is wrong with covid vaccine?
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Anny69: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Madam, you are the ignorant one ...this is beyond your type of understanding so rest ...do you know how much volcanoes have been put into the the atmosphere in millions of years? And yet the climate is still sustaining life? Climate change is an agenda just like your mRNA vaccine and most things around U but you can't see....the earth is filled with hydrocarbons that self-ignite from time to time dumping gigatons of CO2 and Sulphur dioxide in the air and this has been happening for millions of years yet the earth is still sustaining life's and you think it's your internal combustion engine that is just 144 years old that will damage the Earth's atmosphere?

Like I said many of you don't have the bandwidth to handle such talk
How did you conclude that I won't be able to comprehend what is being discussed? Is it because I'm a woman?

Well, I called you ignorant because it's unbelievable to find someone who thinks climate change is a hoax. I understand the point you're trying to make, but the fact remains that human activities still harm the climate more than volcanoes. Volcanoes have both warming and cooling effects on the climate, but human activity is only having a warming effect. Yeah, the Earth's atmosphere has been sustaining life for millions of years, but that doesn't mean that human activity can't disrupt the balance of the planet's designs.

Don't ever underestimate my intelligence, I'm not the cause of your frustrations, and I support the use of CNG.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SaintOpzy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Someone will just wake up and start spreading misinformation. Mtchheew.

https://www.acko.com/car-guide/cng-car-vs-petrol-car/
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by providencia(m): 8:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
l don't think is true . It is not costly to set up . The kits not up to 150k. Except nigeria factor kicks in.
2, wear and tear is lie, as gas burn clean energy it won't have effect on ur engine ,infacts it prolongs your engine.
3 time change of oil is unconfirmed too
Loss of power lie.risk of explosion lies .
Do you think autogas is new innovation, do you know number of vehicles using autogas in India alone ?
Cons
-The kits is more than 150k. It was 200k four years ago when I did mine. I hear its over 350k now
-wear and tear on the vehicle is not a lie because it add so much weight to the vehicle.Back suspension & exhaust do suffer. A car with cng has a stronger steering
-Petrol cars runs faster than cng so there is some loss of power.
- Using cng, you must still buy petrol
Pros
"As for the explosion, it's very hard for the cylinder to explode because of the sturdiness. I have not seen anyone that exploded.

Taxi drivers using cng makes more money than drivers using just petrol..."

I don't know if it causes wear and tear on the engine or if oil changes is 3x more.

This post is not to discourage anyone from using cng but to state facts i have experienced
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Raysleek: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

you have 3 times less oil change because cng is the cleanest form of hydro carbon with less carbon content than petrol or diesel.
How will your engine loose power when cng has higher calorific value than petrol or diesel.
With almost 7000 cars running on cng since 2009 in lagos/ ibafo/ ibadan and Benin How many vehicles has had cng explosions.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Raysleek: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Take your Low IQ away from here ..I dare you to counter any point I have mentioned it keep quiet ...You think I am your brain grade ?
I have countered you. Counter back.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
Anny69:
How did you conclude that I won't be able to comprehend what is being discussed? Is it because I'm a woman?

Well, I called you ignorant because it's unbelievable to find someone who thinks climate change is a hoax. I understand the point you're trying to make, but the fact remains that human activities still harm the climate more than volcanoes. Volcanoes have both warming and cooling effects on the climate, but human activity is only having a warming effect. Yeah, the Earth's atmosphere has been sustaining life for millions of years, but that doesn't mean that human activity can't disrupt the balance of the planet's designs.

Don't ever underestimate my intelligence, I'm not the cause of your frustrations, and I support the use of CNG.
Cooling effect of volcano? I never heard of that. How does that work?
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Edaro: 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
[quote author=SalamRushdie post=125414145]

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

[Lair CNG 1. Cars requires less maintenance
2. CNG cars are safer.
3. Apart from the Initial cost implications CNG is cheaper on the long run.]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu appoints CEOs For Major Health Agencies: NAFDAC, NCDC, others affected / Gov. Fashola Made A Laughing Stock Of Lagos In Canada / 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.