Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact (10319 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / States Spend ₦‎1.7 Trillion On Trips, Meals, Others, Borrow ₦‎988 Billion / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by DesChyko: 6:53am On Dec 02, 2023
IN the last six months, the three tiers of government- Federal, States and Local Councils, have shared N5.57 trillion as allocation from the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee, FAAC, according to Saturday Vanguard’s checks.

Within the period, which is President Bola Tinubu’s first six months in office, having assumed power on May 29, 2023, the Federal Government raked in N2.097 trillion as allocation; the 36 states got N1.8285 trillion; the 774 LGAs received N1.346 trillion; and the oil-producing states cornered an additional N298.648 billion as 13 per cent derivation.

Worsening hardship

However, the citizenry, across the country, are still awaiting the impact of the humongous funds received and expended by the various governments as hardship bites harder and human development indices plummet amid rising wave of insecurity.

On the heels of sustained spike in food prices, Nigeria recorded the 10th consecutive rise in inflation rate in October with the figure hitting 27.33 per cent from 26.72 per cent it recorded in September.

Poor human development indices

As of Thursday night, data from the Worldometer put Nigeria’s population at 226.030 million with a life expectancy of 53.89 years; infant mortality (70.6 out of 1000 live births); and Under-five mortality (109 out of 1000 live births).

Data from the World Health Organization, WHO, shows Nigeria as having an estimated maternal mortality ratio of 917 deaths per 100,000 live births, making it the fourth highest globally.

Rising poverty

The Nigeria Government, after its Multidimensional Poverty Index, MPI, Survey, reported that 63 per cent of persons living in Nigeria, 133 million, were multi-dimensionally poor.

As of June 2023, the World Poverty Clock reported 71million Nigerians as being extremely poor. The NBS is yet to release the MPI result for 2023. Analysts estimate the number of multidimensionally poor Nigerians currently to be over 140 million.

Out-of-school children menace

In the last six months, little or nothing has been achieved in the fight to ensure that all children of school age in Nigeria are in classrooms.

The Federal Government said Nigeria accounted for 12.4 percent of out-of-school children in Sub-Saharan Africa. The Executive Secretary, Universal Basic Education Commission, UBEC, Dr Hamid Boboye, said that Nigeria needed additional 20,000 schools and 907,769 classrooms to absorb the growing number of out-of-school children.

It is to be seen if things will fare better for Nigerians in the months ahead.

How, FG, States,LGAs shared N5.57 trillion

In May 2023, N786.161 billion was shared.

In June, N907.054 billion was shared.

In July, N966.110 billion was shared.

In August, N1.101 trillion was shared.

In September N903.480 billion shared.

In October, N906.955 billion was shared

As of the time of filing this report, the allocation for November 2023 has not been announced

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/tinubus-first-6-months-fg-states-spend-hugely-citizenry-not-feeling-impact/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by PrinceOfLagos: 6:54am On Dec 02, 2023
You supported a thief and expect a miracle from God ?

Are you not mad?

218 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Bobloco: 7:06am On Dec 02, 2023
In the past six months, Tinubu have only succeeded in moving over 180 million Nigerians into multidimensional poverty

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by happney65: 7:09am On Dec 02, 2023
The so called fuel subsidy removal is just for the political class to have more money to share into their pockets and nothing more.

The citizens will be left more improvised while the political class enjoy more.

We told you,but you no dey hear.

6 months like 60 years.

E fe la.. cheesy

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by reiddecuti: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2023
Welcome to the renewed Shege grin

Not surprised. States are following the footstep of their grand master.

Grab it, take it and run with it, that's exactly what they're doing; grabbing it, taking it and running with it their own share.

Nigerians better braze up cos nothing tangible is coming out of this government. It is still business as usual and even worse.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Coder2Client(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
Huh

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Jokerman(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
As an APC addict, it favoured me and my family... Even though we now buy half derica of rice rather than full derica 😂

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by dynicks(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
grin
Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Namaster: 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
"Citizenry not feeling impact"

Stupid headline. Citizens are groaning under the impact. Companies and people are fleeing Nigeria like it's the Titanic.

Fix the headline.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by fnep2smooth(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
I'm tired of bad news, anybody that keeps playing on tribal card needs to look at his or her environment, people are not happy, there is bitterness, thinking, debts, depression among the people.

Even doing 30k job now can't give you good three square meals for a month.

To chop for restaurant na 700+ even 3k no fit cook better food.

I was at the filling station to buy my normal 2k fuel angry ( 3 litres) fuel, one woman drive in to full her Toyota muscle 40k fuel, you need to see how everyone with kigs for hand turn when she say " pls put 40k own" still the tank no full. That's someone one month salary they put for tank.

May God help all those people with plenty family to feed.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Nice2023(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2023
Useless govt.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by BXNX: 7:24am On Dec 02, 2023
Very useless govt

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Faiththatworks(m): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2023
Isn't it too early for some people to start complaining and critising everything
Anyone who reads comments in this platform would think that Nigeria is collapsing
It seems there are some people who have decided to be bitter at every news in this country
When you repeatedly go online and start abusing everyone because no one sees you,you eventually become a sad,depressing and angry person.
Those that keep lying to themselves that they can separate their online personality which is always abusive and the lifes they live at home or at work are deceiving themselves
If they are not careful they will start suffering symptoms of being bipolar
Coming to the issue at hand,I daresay the government should go one step further and release what each state and local government has collected in the past six months
From the figures above,it is clear that the states and local government have collected more money combined than the Federal government but the question we should ask is what are they doing with all this money

Until our people learn to leave shouting Tinubu this Tinubu that and start asking serious questions from our State governors and Local Government Chairmen and women,I am sorry we are just going round in circles
A state like Delta state should be the Dubai of the south south with all the billions collected but the people there will leave their Governor and start shouting Tinubu
Na wah,our people have seriously brainwashed into thinking that all their problem is Tinubu while those local criminals are busy looting them blind
Tufiakwa!!!!!!

12 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Mindlog: 7:25am On Dec 02, 2023
Spending hugely on the obscene comforts of politicians not the masses.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Farki: 7:26am On Dec 02, 2023
Just like we warned them. Tinubu is working though. grin

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2023
I swear, them dey oppress us. Inflation dey bite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Sermwell(m): 7:27am On Dec 02, 2023
I support any evil Tinubu is dishing out to the public! We have a bunch of useless youths that will sing his praise no matter what!! They were even here to insult Obasanjo yesterday for stating an obvious fact!!

The good news for me is that 2023 is one of my best year just like the years of Buhari. I just checked profit made this year from my business in the last 6 moths. Even during Buhari, I didn't make close to 65 million naira in 6 months. And the year still has about 4 weeks to go.

As long as there's a corrupt system on ground, I will always beat the system to it!!
Na so e reach grin grin grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Tetrahedron: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2023
You supported someone that doesn’t have a single source of prove-able income but is a billionaire and you are expecting him to turn Nigeria to El-dorado!
You are all delusional especially the urchins

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by tayo4ng(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2023
Hmmmn
Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by BrighterSyde: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2023
Freestuffng you are needed here to do the usual.

Meanwhile check my signature and my thread.

This is especially for Medical Doctors who trade forex. It’s open to anyone also.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by TheKing4040(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2023
Thunder fire and kill all APC supporters that supported buhari and also brought tinubu upon this great country.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by money121(m): 7:30am On Dec 02, 2023
Ok
Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Lexusgs430: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2023
The heavy spending, was on the political class...... So how can the common man/woman, have felt the impact........

Unfortunately, the fire is not at boiling point yet.......

Brace for impact........🤣😁

The resolution tinubu reached in ondo state, makes me realise tinubu would be a failure...... Why make the deputy governor, sign an undated resignation letter (is that the provision of the constitution)..........

Ex dolo malo non oritur actio ["no action arises from deceit"]. No court will lend its aid to a man who founds his cause of action upon an immoral or an illegal act.......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by erai30(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2023
All I need is 50 odds this Saturday, because since the drug baron became president cut one has been the order of the day. Thank God say the Sapa dey touch everybody, even those supporting the Balabulu. grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by superCleanworks(m): 7:32am On Dec 02, 2023
It is favouring dem and their family
Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Kurumaru: 7:32am On Dec 02, 2023
6 MONTHSS ABI 6 YEARS...IT FEELS LIKE 60 YEARS SEF, THATS HOW HOPELESS NIGERIA HAS BECOME..

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:34am On Dec 02, 2023
Imagine his entourage to Dubai to program that we are less affected by,(climate change)

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Houseontherock1: 7:35am On Dec 02, 2023
Just make things work!
Re: Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact by Godfullsam(m): 7:35am On Dec 02, 2023
Those who voted for tinubu should open a thread and start apologizing to Nigerians.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking News !final Results From Delta State Finally Out / Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.