Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

"I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. (365 Views)

I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi / Peter Obi With Arise TV Presenters, Reuben Abati, Rufai Oseni, Ckay / Tinubu's UK Campaign Posters: Is He Running For The Mayor Of London? Rufai Oseni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by naptu2: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
Peter Obi @PeterObi

Ordinarily, I do not get involved in name-calling and mud-slinging. Neither do I attack people nor try to defame their personalities in the course of my political journey. I have also avoided replying to cheap, wicked or malicious blackmail publicly or privately in the same irresponsible manner that they are thrown at me. Anyone who has followed my corporate and political life knows that I always stay on issues, with my focus on finding solutions to societal challenges and ameliorating the suffering of the people.

I do however need to clarify a few issues, especially since a third party is involved. There is a recent case where my name has been mentioned in a malicious and cheap blackmail against one of Nigeria's best Television presenters, Mr. Rufai Oseni, who has stood sternly for what is right and has challenged me fearlessly on some occasions while speaking truth to power. I have recently been mentioned to have bribed Mr. Rufai Oseni by financially sponsoring the burial of his father.

Let me clearly state that this is a categorical lie. It is not true, cannot be true and will never be true. Everyone who understands or follows my approach to things will attest to the fact that I do not give anyone money to promote my name.

I have never and will never monetarily induce any journalist to speak or write in my favour. When I am invited to birthday celebrations or funerals, people know that I do attend. Countless journalists, media personnel, the less privileged, the wealthy etc.,

have all invited me to their occasions, and they will attest to the fact that I honour such invitations, especially when people are grieving. I have never been to Rufai's village. Even at the point of writing this, I do not know where he is from.

One then wonders why people could decide to tarnish other people's image for no justifiable reason. To those involved in such evil endeavours, I wish them well and pray that God will have mercy on them.

I still maintain that our focus in Nigeria should be on rescuing our dear Nation from the many challenges plaguing it. We should focus more on lifting people out of poverty. Millions of Nigerians do not know where their next meal will come from.

We have millions of unemployed youths in their productive age with very little production going on in Nigeria to create jobs. Finding solutions to these challenges should command our attention, for the progress of our dear nation, Nigeria - and that is what I remain committed to. A New Inclusive and Sustainable Nigeria is POssible! -PO

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1696137731611496599

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by naptu2: 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reno Omokri has aimed a lot of tweets at Rufai Oseni in the past few days. This is because Reno says that Rufai accused him of lying when he said that he went to Chicago State University and that he verified that Bola Tinubu attended the university.

Reno claims that Chicago State University has now proven that he said the truth (Chicago State University recently stated that Bola Tinubu attended the university).

This is one of the tweets that Reno made.

Reno Omokri @renoomokri

AriseTV and Mr Rufai Oseni should kindly answer the following question. Did Mr Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, fund the funeral of Mr Rufai Oseni's father by giving him money in cash or via electronic means, either directly or through a third party, in August 2022, and has that influenced Mr. Oseni's open bias in favour of Peter Obi, whereby Mr. Oseni usee the AriseTV platform as a medium to campaign for and launder the image of Mr Peter Obi, and his undisguised personal animosity towards me for my refusal to support Mr Peter Obi's Presidential ambition?

I counsel them to think very carefully before they answer.

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1695010948140966136

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by naptu2: 1:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reno has now responded to Peter Obi's tweet.

Reno Omokri @renoomokri

Look, I have a Masters in Law and am not moved by empty sophistry. I asked a question that Mr. Peter Obi has NOT answered and has tried to use semantics to dodge. My question is this:

Did Peter Obi fund the funeral of Mr Rufai Oseni's father by giving him money in cash or via electronic means, either directly or through a third party, and has that influenced Mr. Oseni's open bias in favour of Peter Obi, whereby Mr. Oseni used the AriseTV platform as a medium to campaign for and launder the image of Mr Peter Obi, and his undisguised personal animosity towards me for my refusal to support Mr Peter Obi's Presidential ambition?

Yes or no. Mr. Peter Obi, you did not respond to that question. You said you did not "bribe" Mr Rufai Oseni. However, that is not what I asked.

Did you or did you not give money, either directly or indirectly, to Mr Rufai Oseni? Yes or no? Simple.

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1696142511901651057

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by taylor88(m): 1:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by sleek214(m): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
naptu2:
Peter Obi @PeterObi

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1696137731611496599

Point of correction, Oseni is not worthy to be called a journalist.

7 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by Tochi3(m): 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
O' mockery...a homeless, hungry pay as you make noise cretin... Atiku sidelined him from his money...PO through Obidients took the silver spoon from his dirty mouth & made the him irrelevant in the scheme of Nigeria politics lol grin grin

Since his master Atiku has nothing to share again...the fool is looking desperately for attention from the thief himself Thief'nubu...the pains inflicted by PO & the Obidients is too much for the Dubai la Creme gang member to bear... the fool is miserable broke grin grin

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by Throwback: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
Same Peter Obi claimed he did not fly in ANAP Jet, only to look foolish when evidence showed otherwise.

8 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by naptu2: 1:59pm On Aug 28, 2023

Response.

Reno Omokri @renoomokri

Look, I have a Masters in Law and am not moved by empty sophistry. I asked a question that Mr. Peter Obi has NOT answered and has tried to use semantics to dodge. My question is this:

Did Peter Obi fund the funeral of Mr Rufai Oseni's father by giving him money in cash or via electronic means, either directly or through a third party, and has that influenced Mr. Oseni's open bias in favour of Peter Obi, whereby Mr. Oseni used the AriseTV platform as a medium to campaign for and launder the image of Mr Peter Obi, and his undisguised personal animosity towards me for my refusal to support Mr Peter Obi's Presidential ambition?

Yes or no. Mr. Peter Obi, you did not respond to that question. You said you did not "bribe" Mr Rufai Oseni. However, that is not what I asked.

Did you or did you not give money, either directly or indirectly, to Mr Rufai Oseni? Yes or no? Simple.

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by Okoroawusa: 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wait, una sure say this picture of Rufai Oseni no be Photoshop?.. Because I don't understand the breast looking thing I am seeing under his undersized t-shirt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by Okoroawusa: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2023
naptu2:

Response.

Reno Omokri @renoomokri

Mmm... wahala be like g-string. E no dey cover yansh finish

1 Like

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by yarimo(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
Obi you are a lair , you did everything to him during the burial from beginning to end so that he can use his platform to unleashed fake news and defamations against your opponent . Stupid man undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by ShaqFu: 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2023
naptu2:

Response.

Reno Omokri @renoomokri

Simple yes or no, Obi no wan answer. Lmao.

I've often said it that majority of the people who criticize government, do so because they are not directly or indirectly benefiting from the government. This is the reason many of them are so bitter and full of hate, to the point they let reason and fact fly over their empty head to the point they are willing to believe anything and everything.

2 Likes

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by ShaqFu: 2:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tochi3:
O' mockery...a homeless, hungry pay as you make noise cretin... Atiku sidelined him from his money...PO through Obidients took the silver spoon from his dirty mouth & made the irrelevant in the scheme of Nigeria politics lol grin grin

Since his master Atiku has nothing to share again...the fool is looking desperately for attention from the thief himself Thief'nubu...the pains inflicted by PO & the Obidients is too much for the Dubai la Creme gang member to bear... the fool is miserable broke grin grin
All what you typed is just noise making from an empty barrel, and you know what they say about empty barrels. 👌
Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by JOemmy(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
What a great man even Jesus Christ the savior of mankind was maligned and blackmailed not to talk of obi you can't please the world there are so many abnormal people in this country who earn their living by blackmailing reputable personalities in nigeria obi should just continue to ignore them they will definitely soon meet their waterloo.
Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by Tochi3(m): 2:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
ShaqFu:
All what you typed is just noise making from an empty barrel, and you know what they say about empty barrels. 👌

Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by JOemmy(m): 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2023
naptu2:

Reno Omokri @renoomokri

Even if obi did is that now a crime? If I were obi I will never give this hungry idiot called reno omokri any media attention the best I would have done is to sue him for whatever he is worth for defamation if obi don't deal with that idiot he will definitely continue to malign obi when ever he feels like for absolutely no reason.
Re: "I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
Na wa o.. this is serious

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Ides Of September 2023: The End Of The Road? / Tinubu 100 Days In Office, What Will You Have Done Differently / What Happened To Amazon Engineer Peter Obi Brought To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.