Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi (26839 Views)

"I Did Not Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial" - Peter Obi. / Peter Obi With Arise TV Presenters, Reuben Abati, Rufai Oseni, Ckay / I Didn't Sponsor 2023 Presidential Campaign Poster– Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Seun(m): 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
Peter Obi has strongly denied accusations that Rufai Oseni supports him because he sponsored the burial of Rufai's late dad.

He said,
Ordinarily, I do not get involved in name-calling and mud-slinging. Neither do I attack people nor try to defame their personalities in the course of my political journey. I have also avoided replying to cheap, wicked or malicious blackmail publicly or privately in the same
irresponsible manner that they are thrown at me. Anyone who has followed my corporate and political life knows that I always stay on issues, with my focus on finding solutions to societal challenges and ameliorating the suffering of the people.

I do however need to clarify a few issues, especially since a third party is involved. There is a recent case where my name has been mentioned in a malicious and cheap blackmail against one of Nigeria's best Television presenters, Mr. Rufai Oseni, who has stood sternly
for what is right and has challenged me fearlessly on some occasions while speaking truth to power. I have recently been mentioned to have bribed Mr. Rufai Oseni by financially sponsoring the burial of his father.

Let me clearly state that this is a categorical lie. It is not true, cannot be true and will never be true. Everyone who understands or follows my approach to things will attest to the fact that I do not give anyone money to promote my name.
I have never and will never monetarily induce any journalist to speak or write in my favour. When I am invited to birthday celebrations or funerals, people know that I do attend. Countless journalists, media personnel, the less privileged, the wealthy etc., have all invited me to their occasions, and they will attest to the fact that I honour such invitations, especially when people are grieving. I have never been to Rufai's village. Even at the point of writing this, I do not know where he is from.

One then wonders why people could decide to tarnish other people's image for no justifiable reason. To those involved in such evil endeavours, I wish them well and pray that God will have mercy on them.

I still maintain that our focus in Nigeria should be on rescuing our dear Nation from the many challenges plaguing it. We should focus more on lifting people out of poverty. Millions of Nigerians do not know where their next meal will come from.

We have millions of unemployed youths in their productive age with very little production going on in Nigeria to create jobs. Finding solutions to these challenges should command our attention, for the progress of our dear nation Nigeria - and that is what I remain committed to. A New Inclusive and Sustainable Nigeria is POssible! -PO
Source: Peter Obi

150 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by TheIgborepublic: 1:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
Good
Now for the comments to explode like mad

151 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by YesDaddyTill203: 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
LYING SOB. Lying as usual.
Pandora, pathological liar Obi, can lie for Africa. We are still waiting on the lying MOFO to sue the Gazette newspaper that posted his "YES DADDY" religious war conversation.
The IPOB cannibal monkey claimed that the tape was fake and that he would sue. We are still waiting for the IPOB terrorist sore loser to sue today.

You can never trust this man to tell the truth. He's incapable of telling the truth. He will lie even when he doesn't need to. That is a sign of a narcissistic personality disorder.

73 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Racoon(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
sad Reno Omokri is really paranoid with his attacks against Peter Obi but the good thing is that Obi has never dignified him with even a single response.

201 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by twilliamx(m): 1:39pm On Aug 28, 2023
Linus can't be trusted

55 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by FreeStuffsNG: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
O pari. The poor man's funeral has been enmeshed in the same toxic politics of lies, hate and bigotry his son profited from. Smh.

The elders in his family better request that the public respect their privacy. Check my signature for free stuffs!

" I have never and will never monetarily induce any journalist to speak or write in my favour."

The one doing audio refugee in Ghana nko? Smh. Is it that Mr Obi don't read these lies before making them public ni?

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by ThiefnubuBandit: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
N

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by juniormusa(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Allow Peter Obi to breathe please grin

6 Likes

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Their biz
Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by hisexcellency34: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Peter Obi and denial. But what is bad if he sponsors it? Is sponsoring a burial the same as sponsoring drug trafficking or terrorism?

16 Likes

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by STEWpid(f): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chai..

Who's after the young man?

Please, he's going thru a lot!

It's not easy to be running a presidential tribunal case.

7 Likes

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Rilwayne001: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
That was how he lied that it wasn’t his voice in the phone call with Oyedepo.

Peter Obi can lie for Africa.

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by GeneralPula: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Haha..

Lamba Nanu don come again..

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by xavier047: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
FYI.

Back to the issues and avoiding barking dogs

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Jaykrown: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
Yes daddy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by IVORY2009(m): 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Minecg: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
Cool
Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by dapsoneh: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
Yes daddy😂😂

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by dareyking(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin
Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Mayor21(m): 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
Obi shoudnt have replied
we know Reno is craving for his attention

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by TriCee: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nawaoo. Why would Obi sponsor Rufai's father's burial? Man is capable of doing that himself in any scale.

I no get money but I was able to Bury my own papa. This one get.
Obi shouldn't reply to these things, but I understand he's trying to protect Oseni's pride and image.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Brendaniel: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu and propaganda....

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Longinyamapucci(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Sir you shouldn't answer the inferior beings we share country with.

Very useless set of homo sapiens... everyday they try harder to be just like us but God never allow it to work.

We are first in everything in this country for a reason...last Sunday people from dark part of Nigeria visited our Village asking us to stop taking our own God's given resource the crude from bunkering, that won't stop as long as people like us are there.

Thunder fire any hopeless Hooper from the other side trying to mention me here..may I log into your dirty mum pucci if you think of typing thrash..Amen.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Wickedfacts: 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
They will bring alert now and he will start crying that his account was hacked.

Agulu Antichrist

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by 9jatriot(m): 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wait, was there a trending rumor like that or just another way for lamba king to be in the news this week? Considering this is a Monday Morning.

Do people not really have other things to do other than following politicians around, both online and offline?

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Randal: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
I believe you Sir

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Sponsor Rufai Oseni's Father's Burial - Peter Obi by Goodman2023: 1:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
You owe no one any explanation... unlike Tinubu who is accountable to us

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs At The State House (Photos) / EFCC Arrests 4 For Forging EFCC Documents, Defrauding America Lady (Photos) / General HD Tafida Orders Torture Of 4 Abuja Electricity Workers Over Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.