Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Calling All Tennis Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Calling All Tennis Fans (1400 Views)

Videos Of Sunday Oliseh Ranting,Calling His Haters 'Mad & Insane People' / London Olympics Tennis Final : Serena Willams Vs Sharapova / Calling All Real Madrid Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling All Tennis Fans by pie1ect(m): 12:25am On Mar 05, 2006
Hey y'all

It looks like the only sport we discuss on this board is football.

Let's discuss Tennis for a change,

After today's Dubai Final between Federer and Nadal, the thinking among some of my mates (Tennis fans) is that the dominance of Roger Federer is slowly coming to an end. Of course, it is pre-mature to talk of a change in guard but considering that Nadal is now 3-1 up on Federer (H2H) and the only match Nadal lost to Fed. was their very first meeting, I think it's in order to say times are changing. Fed's record is still as amazing as ever (make no mistake about that), but Nadal seems to be building a formidable reputation as well, having won his last nine (9) finals and now Dubai. He seems to be looking to improve on all surfaces (seeing as he skipped the Latin America Clay court events this year to play hard court tournaments).

I for one, hope Nadal can break the dominance of Federer as obviously, Hewitt and Roddick are not man-enough for the challenge.

Talks of a GRAND SLAM for Federer this year? It's definitely not happening.
First of all, the French Open is Nadal's again and maybe the US Open too. '

What do y'all think?
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by LoverBwoy(m): 1:14am On Mar 05, 2006
that fed man need a rest , u know when uve been wining for a whole season ( 56 games unbeaten-on hard court) u need a lil reality check just to make sure your human and moreover anyone comin up against FEDERER is coming for a game of his life , that dude is young and FOCUSED!! lean n mean

but hey i still think this year is his year again then from there i don't know maybe injury wink

FRENCH OPEN - NOPE!!
US OPEN- DEFINATELY NOOO!! bigger stage bigger glory
come on nigeria!!!!
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 05, 2006
Federer still remains the man to beat in the coming French and US open tournaments.
One up, Nadal will be the top contender and will be a sure bet to beat Federer if both meet at both opens.
David Nalbandian will be a strong contender too and should not be counted out.
Andy Roddick will pose no challenge, he's just not good enough.
Leyton Hewitt? I have no idea what's wrong with that boy. one minute he looks like the man that could break Fed's domincance, the next he's beaten by an unknown czech player!
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Dauda(m): 4:09am On Mar 05, 2006
It was heart warming to see Federer go down finally to Nadal. I stopped watching tennis tournaments that Federer plays in because you can almost always predict the outcome. Does this spell the end for Federer. NO. He is one of the most complete tennis players to ever play the game. He is going to come back swinging and he'll probably defeat Nadal the next time they play. However, his defeat is a confidence booster for other players who already feel defeated before they even hit their first volley. Big ups to Nadal. Any news on any upcoming Nigerian tennis star?
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by pie1ect(m): 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2006
Next up Indian Wells and Miami.
I can't wait for this tournament to begin. My money is on Nadal to win one of the two - most likely Miami.

Federer for Indian wells.

Indian wells Starts tommorow, post your comments here.
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by pie1ect(m): 6:17am On Mar 07, 2006
Some pretty exciting news over the last 2/3 days.
First up, Hewitt lost to James Blake of all people and second, The newly-introduced Hawk-eye technology is to make it's debut during the Nasdaq-100 Open.

About Hewitt, I've really got nothing to say. This was a guy that was acclaimed to be the most difficult player to beat before Federer came along. Can't say I know what his problem(s) is/are.

I'm excited about the new introduction to the sport not because of the technology itself but because of the player-challenge system. Hopefully now there'll be fewer errors and maybe a little more excitement.
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Oracle(m): 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2006
I'm not really a fan but itz a great game

Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 13, 2006
pie1ect:

Some pretty exciting news over the last 2/3 days.
First up, Hewitt lost to James Blake of all people and second, The newly-introduced Hawk-eye technology is to make it's debut during the Nasdaq-100 Open.

About Hewitt, I've really got nothing to say. This was a boy that was acclaimed to be the most difficult player to beat before Federer came along. Can't say I know what his problem(s) is/are.

I'm excited about the new introduction to the sport not because of the technology itself but because of the player-challenge system. Hopefully now there'll be fewer errors and maybe a little more excitement.

leyton's problems began the day Kim Clijsters dumped him!
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by LoverBwoy(m): 11:01am On Mar 20, 2006
Blake just flushed out Nadal smiley
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Skintite(f): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2006
And federrer flushed out blake undecided
that guy is invincible
his only challenger now is nadal

But i think it'll take a little time b4 nadal can match him
Nadal is the best on clay, so i stil think he can win the french open
but i doubt anyone winning roger on hard surface

am a federrer fan n wil always be
His best year was wen he didnt hav a coach
can u imagine undecided
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by pie1ect(m): 11:57am On Mar 28, 2006
Is there a greater joke in the world than "Tiger" Tim Henman?

This guy is increasingly looking to me like joke itself, the funniest of jokes.

I had to leave the house during his last match (against Greul). At the time I stepped out, Tim was 5-0 up in the first set and was looking like making it 6-0.

I check up on the score few hours later, and Lo! and Behold!, Tim had lost.
I mean, this man beat Safin and Hewitt in earlier rounds and you would expect him to handle the World No. 130 effectively. But No, that's asking too much of Henman.
I know Hewitt and Safin are far from their best but then again, so is Tim Henman.
I think it's time he hangs his racket because he is just embarassing himself.
I was beginning to believe he could make something happen, little did I know it was just a flash in the pan.
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Akolawole(m): 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Pie1ect

Dont blame him( Tim), he's from a country where they are not NATURALLY TALENTED in everything grin

Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Skintite(f): 5:25pm On Mar 28, 2006
Gbosa to federrer anyway
catchin up pete samprasses all time records wink

Henmann has always been a joke
But i was real dissapointed wth hewith n safin undecided

Blake has taken over from henmann, also think he shud hang the racket
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by BellaRouge(f): 1:21am On Mar 29, 2006
@Dauda
Dauda:

Any news on any upcoming Nigerian tennis star?

That would be ME! grin I am the "upcoming Nigerian tennis star"!

I'm just kidding. I play tennis but not well enough to be the "upcoming Nigerian tennis star"
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Dauda(m): 3:18am On Mar 29, 2006
@ Bellarouge, keep playing. Tennis is good for you. I play too whenever I can find the time to do so.
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Skintite(f): 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2006
hey, why aint i seeing posts on this threat?
pie1 u posted this n u havnt said anything as the nasdaq open is comin to an end undecided

Well, my dissapointment, mouresmo is out undecided
But the man looks unstoppable again, i mean federrer of course
Luckily for sharapova, her opponent retired due to an ankle injury undecided

I think Roger wil retain his tittle
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Seun(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2007
Ok, I'm here. I'm a tennis fan. Hmmm, to be more accurate, I'm a sexy-Serena-and-Venus-Williams fan. wink
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by star01(m): 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2007
@seun
thanks for the favour, i realy appreciate ur help, now its now my turn to keep the commitent i pray i do so
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Mustay(m): 6:51pm On Apr 13, 2007
D only part of tennis i like is d female part or watching agassi play
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by roflmao: 8:30pm On Apr 13, 2007
Shame on you Seun and Mustay! embarassed Watching tennis to masturbate over the visual images of the WTA players grin

Well I am a tennis fan and I love the game for what it is. I generally watch the ATP match but I do follow the WTA as well. I can't call it but watching WTA matches is like watching female football, you tend to get frustrated because you've been so used to the male version(Female tennis is by faaaaaaaaaaar bearable compared to female football though, at least, er,, er,, you can simply choose that you only want to see how hot Vaidisova or Ivanovic is - yes, yes, I also do it sometimes grin). However I do like to watch JHH or Mauresmo play because their game is just beautiful to watch(but not for my alternate reason though grin) especially JHH's backhand, shocked

And those asking for the next Nigerian tennis champ needn't look no further than here. That's right I've finally decided to put Nadal in his place and ask Federer to return the No 1 ranking I loaned him! grin I'm not ready to announce my arrival yet but as my fellow Nigerians you should be the first to know this so when I make my grand entrance you'll be saying to your friends: "I told you there's gonna be a new Nigerian kid on the block soon". In the mean time let's just keep this between us as I wouldn't like Federer and Nadal to know they'll both be demoted to world nos 2 & 3 so soon. wink
Re: Calling All Tennis Fans by Mustay(m): 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2007
Na my reason be that? Make i no flog you o!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Nigerian Most Celebrated Player? / A Nigerian On Trial At Aston Villa / Tiger Woods’ Ex-wife Bulldozes $12 Million Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.