Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom (13260 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: I Challenge Pastor Adeboye To Reveal What He Saw In Aso Rock / Nnamdi Kanu: I Will Hunt Ene Okon Children If They Kill One At My Parents Burial / Atiku Replies Nnamdi Kanu: I Am Not From Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by adenigga(m): 6:54am On Aug 29, 2023
Ozekhome writes CJ over deplorable DSS detention facility

Detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, has told the Federal Government that he will not beg for his release after being cleared by Justice Binta Nyako of a Federal High Court in Abuja.

This was contained in a letter dated August 25, 2023, and signed by Kanu’s lead counsel, Mike Ozekhome, SAN. The letter was made available to our correspondent late night on August 28, 2023.

Ozekhome had raised concern over the deplorable condition of Kanu’s detention facility in the custody of the Department of State Services.

The lawyer requested that the Chief Judge of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory should appoint a Magistrate to inspect the detention centre.

According to Kanu, begging for his freedom at this point will be an insult to the memory of tye late Pa Mbazulike Amechi, who despite his age and ill health, repeatedly travelled from the South-East to Abuja, pleading with the Federal Government to honour his dying wish, which was treated with the greatest disdain and was also not honoured.

These were the high points of the discussion during the meeting between the IPOB leader and his lawyers and family, according to a statement issued by Kanu’s counsel, Ifeanyi Ejiofor titled, “Update on our routine visit to our indefatigable client – Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, at the Headquarters of the State Security Services, Abuja, where he is still being illegally and unconstitutionally detained in solitary confinement.”

Ejiofor said, “Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu used the opportunity offered by the visit to extend his heartfelt gratitude to all people of good conscience and groups calling for his release. He however, observed that many people may not have understood the peculiarity of his case, but proceeded to urge us to clarify that he has been effectively and validly discharged by the judgment of the Court of Appeal, delivered October 13 2022, which said judgment also prohibited his further trial and detention. Therefore, there is no charge pending against Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu before any court as of today.

“Furthermore, Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu unequivocally stated that begging the Federal Government to release him at this point is an insult to the memory of late Pa Mbazulike Amaechi, who despite his age and ill health, repeatedly travelled from the South-East to Abuja, begging the Federal Government of Nigeria, to honour his dying wish, which request was treated with greatest disdain by the Federal Government, and was also not honoured.

“Thus, Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is of the firm view that he does not need to beg the FGN to release him. The Court of Appeal has already made a pronouncement in that regard and that pronouncement has remained sacrosanct till date.

“Therefore, the call every person of goodwill should make in the circumstance of his continued illegal detention, is for the Supreme Court to set down a date for the expeditious hearing of the appeal filed by the Federal Government, as provided for in the Criminal Appeals Practice Directions of the Supreme Court.

“We visited our indefatigable Client – Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, today, the 28th day of August 2023, to brief him on the various intervening actions taken by the legal team ably led by Prof. Mike Ozekhome, SAN, to address pertinent concerns affecting his welfare and failure of the SSS to avail him of his medical records.

“To this end, an application has been made to the Honourable Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory by our erudite Lead Counsel – Prof. Mike Ozekhome SAN, to appoint a Magistrate that will visit and inspect the SSS facility/cell where Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has been held in solitary confinement since June 2021 till date, in pursuance to the relevant provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, 2015.

“Following the SSS refusal to avail Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu with his medical records, as directed by Hon. Justice Binta Nyako, in the judgment delivered on July 20 2023, our erudite lead counsel, Prof. Mike Ozekhome, SAN, was compelled by this brazen disregard to an order of Court by the SSS, to initiate a contempt proceeding against the State Security Service and her Director General, for this gross violation of positive Orders of Court.”

Source: https://punchng.com/JUST-IN-I-wont-beg-for-my-freedom-says-Nnamdi-Kanu

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Nonybb: 6:55am On Aug 29, 2023
First they told him to counter Simon Ekpa, he did, condemning the Sit-at-home order done to make FG quickens his release. They even made him to write a botched up doctored letter to Mr Ekpa. Secondly, they wanted to humiliate him by making him beg for his life. Fulani people are wicked and inconsiderate

64 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Ofunaofu: 6:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Ohamadike

You are a true son of your father

126 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by dynicks(m): 6:56am On Aug 29, 2023
cool
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by TemplarLandry: 6:59am On Aug 29, 2023
This is a real man. Unlike Hoe B the opportunist.

I dedicate “Let Me Go My Way” by Black Sheriff to Nnamdi Kanu. Great jam!

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by accordadoga26(f): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2023
Hehehe

Even if you beg, who wan give you before?

You beg, Tinubu will not give you freedom, you don’t beg he won’t still.

Sadly, Biafrans too cannot save you. They can only rant online.

Enjoy your Nzogbu Nzogbu in the DSS cage.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by nnachukz(m): 7:00am On Aug 29, 2023
You are a brave man. Strong in spirit and very determined. One coward similarly detained in the past committed suicide by drinking Otapiapia. By this you have displayed the Igbo spirit of never bending the knees for your oppressors.

121 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by chigator2: 7:02am On Aug 29, 2023
Why should you, those that are keeping you hostage have all shown the world how utterly unkempt their system is. What would you expect from people that can be likened to animals in a Zoo.

They operate on both Constitution and Oga's orders. Fighting themselves in court premises, disgracing and maligning sister government bodies. Something unheard of in saner climes.

I didn't agree with your methodology but in a way you've been vindicated in so manner ways. Most especially in your assertion that Nigeria can never progress which keeps unveiling before our very own eyes.

73 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Thundafireseun: 7:02am On Aug 29, 2023
Igbo AMAKA

True warriors don’t beg

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by nabiz(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2023
A great man. This the type of leader Nigeria need to deal with imperialist but tribe and hatred will not allow them to do what is right. Nnamdi kalu would have been a great asset to Nigeria and Africa but Nigeria prefer those idiots that romance with oyibo white pigs.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by raskymonojendor: 7:03am On Aug 29, 2023
LMAO. As if his begging has any effect on whether he is going to be released or not.

Mr man continue enjoying your beans in detention.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by tydi(m): 7:05am On Aug 29, 2023
You don't beg for freedom you take it.

12 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Lateefodutola(m): 7:07am On Aug 29, 2023
Why must he beg?

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Parachoko: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2023
You beg o

You don't beg o

You won't be release

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Chochovini: 7:08am On Aug 29, 2023
This man must not die in detention o. Im not Igbo but going by past and present hapenings in Nigeria, I think this man is fighting a good course.
Nigeria really need to be splited. This amagamation is not working at all.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by MEGAWATCH: 7:09am On Aug 29, 2023
NA MAN YOU BE ABEG.

Not some Criminals bailing themselves with 460k dollars.

Criminals everywhere.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by KingLennon(m): 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
This saga has been prolonqed more than expected. The FG should put an end to it

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by kokoA(m): 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
Eyahh
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Unperturbedpota: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
Who cares?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Sablexxxtoons: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
Issorite
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by creativehubb: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by twilliamx(m): 7:10am On Aug 29, 2023
Ok mandela

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by tishbite42: 7:11am On Aug 29, 2023
Odogwu Biafra

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by creativehubb: 7:11am On Aug 29, 2023
Chochovini:
This man must not die in detention o. Im not Igbo but going by past and present hapenings in Nigeria, I think this man is fighting a good course.
Nigeria really need to be splited. This amagamation is not working at all.
Just say you want your state or region to leave Nigeria, the rest of Nigeria is not your business.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Westerhoffe(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2023
undecided
Just free him already… and see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by money121(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2023
Ok ooo

Peele freedom fighter grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Image123(m): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2023
ipob Lamidi Kanu. Looking forward to breaking Mandela's prison record.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Knetpro(m): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2023
That's the true spirit of a freedom fighter.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by bigdammyj: 7:12am On Aug 29, 2023
Nothing to beg for.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: I Won’t Beg For My Freedom by Westerhoffe(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2023
Nonybb:
First they told him to counter Simon Ekpa, he did, condemning the Sit-at-home order done to make FG quickens his release. They even made him to write a botched up doctored letter to Mr Ekpa. Secondly, they wanted to humiliate him by making him beg for his life. Fulani people are wicked and inconsiderate

Mehn! It was just like you were among them!
Chai!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Otedola Pays AMCON Debt.. / CBN Recruitment Scam, A Grand Betrayal Of Change Mantra - Caleb Ayansina / Old Nigeria In The 1st Republic (pictures) - Western, Eastern & Northern Regions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.