Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,931 members, 7,863,294 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:42 PM

Let People Be Fulcrum Of Our Political Aspirations, Reps Urge Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let People Be Fulcrum Of Our Political Aspirations, Reps Urge Politicians (89 Views)

β€œlet People Be Able To Say Their Opinions Freely” - Mark Essien To Obidients / Shutdown Institutions To Enable Students Vote During Elections, Reps Urge Fg / Reps Urge Automatic Jobs For First Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let People Be Fulcrum Of Our Political Aspirations, Reps Urge Politicians by Nofweb(m): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2023
Mr Peter Akpanke (PDP - Cross River) says that the people and not personal interest, must be the fulcrum for which politicians seek political positions.

Akpanke who represents Obudu/Obanliku/Bekwarra federal constituency in the National Assembly (NASS) stated this on Monday at a special thanksgiving on his electoral victory.

The event which took placed at St. John's Catholic Church in Obanliku, had political actors from both the state and NASS in attendance.

The lawmaker who is the Deputy Chairman of the House Committee on FCT Area Council and Ancillary Matters, said he sought for the position to better the lives of his constituents and the state in general.

Akpanke who bemoaned the state of roads across his constituency, said goverment must be seen to work for the benefit of the people whose mandate they enjoy.

"It's a terrible thing what our people are made to suffer from the people who they voted into office to represents their interest and to better their lives.

"You all can see the situation of our roads, especially that of Obanliku roads it is as if we don't have a governor m, especially the immediate past who incidentally hails from this senatorial district.

"While I will continue to draw government attention to the needs of my people, I will however not relent to carryout necessary action that will leads to the improvement in the livelihood of my people.

"It is in this regard that I appealed to political actors to always see and put forward, the interests of the generality of Nigerians, and jettison personal interest as reason for seeking political offices.

"We owe them a duty to provide good governance and not the other way round," stated the lawmaker.

In his speech, Mr Venatius Ikem, Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Cross River, implored Akpanke to replicate his philanthropic gesture by working hard to see to the needs of his constituents.

While noting that the primary duty of a lawmaker if to see to the enthronement of laws that will impact positively on the lives of his constituents and by extension the country, he must also influence meaningful projects to his area.

"I have not doubt that you (Akpanke) will do all that is necessary to better the lives of the people of Obudu/Obanliku/Bekwarra federal constituency," he stated.
Re: Let People Be Fulcrum Of Our Political Aspirations, Reps Urge Politicians by TemplarLandry: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2023
cool

(1) (Reply)

My Administration Augments Federal Allocations To Ogun Lgs Even To Meet Obligati / My Administration Augments Federal Allocations To Ogun Lgs Even To Meet Obligati / NUJ Sends SOS Over Ill-condition Of School For Special Children*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.