Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) (19480 Views)

Fuel Attendants Insist Customers Buy Meatpie First Before They Sell Fuel (vid) / Lady Calls Out FCMB Staff Who Kept Her Waiting While Buying Fabrics / Groundnut Vendor In Suit Seen Issuing Stamped Sales Receipt To Customers (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by NinjaMetahuman: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
7bucklife:
It's not just ph. It's everywhere sir. I stopped buying fuel into my tank when I noticed a lot of inconsistencies in my fuel guage readings,not knowing they were blowing in air into my tank. Always buy inside Jerry can for accuracy.
even that one is not accurate.

Only in Nigeria will you buy 7 liters of fuel inside 5litres jerrycan and it still won't be full.

And no one is talking about this madness.

5 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Iamcrazy: 8:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
chidi2003:

You need to treat yourself of acute malaria and typhoid; the earlier - the better!

Chidi, what's up
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by tnerro1(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Illegal1:
omoh.,......dem plenty for yenagoa ooh,u go jst carrk 2k fuel go house instead of 3k wen u pay for..

total filling station for yenegwe na num1 for dis kind scam

Even the total in my area too, dem swear for total😡

1 Like

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by tnerro1(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
even that one is not accurate.

Only in Nigeria will you buy 7 liters of fuel inside 5litres jerrycan and it still won't be full.

And no one is talking about this madness.

They will say the jerrycan has expended😁

4 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by BoldBrainz(m): 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
7bucklife:
It's not just ph. It's everywhere sir. I stopped buying fuel into my tank when I noticed a lot of inconsistencies in my fuel guage readings,not knowing they were blowing in air into my tank. Always buy inside Jerry can for accuracy.

There's nothing like "blowing air" from a fuel dispensing nuzzle. If what you're paying for isn't what you're getting, the meter has simply been calibrated to reduce what supposed quantity every litre should be. And that part has nothing to do with the pump attendant or nuzzle. Though this is not to absolve the pump attendants of their own sharp practices in the sales process.

3 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by babakb: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
grin
7bucklife:

grin grin grin
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by slowice(m): 8:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
This is nnpc rumuomasi and it's true.. I ve witnessed it countless times, infact if you go there tomorrow you will see them doing it openly.
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by NinjaMetahuman: 8:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
tnerro1:

They will say the jerrycan has expended😁
like 5 litres Jerry can expanded by almost 3 litres.

Until they start arresting them, this madness won't stop.

4 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by SaLongs1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
EKONGKING:
Just take a 1 liter water bottle and ask the pump attendant to fill 1liter of petrol .

you will be surprised ,at least 25 ml of petrol will be less .

You will wonder only 25ml less ,but what u don't understand is , it will add 2.5 percent more to profit margin.

Ditto Pharmaceutical companies ,the less amount of drug you put into tablet the greater the profit margin.

All these scams are perfected and implemented by western criminals from 1940s onwards and due to strict action they have been largely eliminated .

We are just a poor developing country and everything will appears as a surprise .

As usual the West must be blamed for all manner of local criminalities.

2 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by millionboi2: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
EnglishUsa:
Country is hard now, everyone has gotten a means to be cheating each other, buy walnut after eating the two on top others are rotten, buy graundnut you be eating and be crying, ask for Coca-Cola you will see different colors of it with different test, try buy food in the restaurant you will cry while eating it.... Now I cook at home, I do my tiger nut myself, I use zobo to replace Coca-Cola and I boil my own water and drink it. Know time for nonsense.
lol
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by odimbannamdi(m): 8:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Shoodboi:
I once worked as an attendant at a filling station. What this man is saying is impossible...

While there's usually fuel in the hose, that fuel is not your fuel. The mouth of the hose (the part that enters your car) has a small machine that calculates how much fuel is sold. The meter (the screen that calculates the price and liters sold) begins counting the moment fuel leaves the mouth of the hose and goes into your car. Not when fuel enters the hose.

In this case, this filling station appears to be out of fuel and are trying to pump out whatever remains in the underground tanks and hose into the keg. And you can see that they can't even fill a small keg.

With that said, I should add that filling stations can't sell air either. Instead, what they do is that they adjust their meter to reduce the amount of fuel sold. So, they can adjust the meter to sell 0.8 liters for every one liter displayed on the meter.

And this scam is never performed by the attendants because they do not have access to the configuration of the machine. Only the manager (sometimes with the instructions of the filling station owner) can do it.

The highest an attendant can do is to sell less fuel than you request, say sell 1000 naira fuel when you ask for 2000 naira, but you can quickly catch this scam by looking at the meter and ensuring the price and amount begin at 0 and reads up to whatever price or liter you ask for.

As for the readjustment done by the managers and filling station owner, the only way to catch them is to buy it in jerrycan. But once you see your fuel is not up to what you requested, confront the manager (not the attendant) and threaten to report them to DPR.

If the manager is doing it without the knowledge of the filling station owner, there's a high likelihood he'll give you some fuel to calm you down🤣🤣🤣 If he's doing it with the knowledge of the owner, he'll likely offer you a refund.

Thanks for clarifying, bro. I was also wondering how possible it is to dispense air from the hose.

1 Like

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by hify9935(f): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Shoodboi:
I once worked as an attendant at a filling station. What this man is saying is impossible...

While there's usually fuel in the hose, that fuel is not your fuel. The mouth of the hose (the part that enters your car) has a small machine that calculates how much fuel is sold. The meter (the screen that calculates the price and liters sold) begins counting the moment fuel leaves the mouth of the hose and goes into your car. Not when fuel enters the hose.

In this case, this filling station appears to be out of fuel and are trying to pump out whatever remains in the underground tanks and hose into the keg. And you can see that they can't even fill a small keg.

With that said, I should add that filling stations can't sell air either. Instead, what they do is that they adjust their meter to reduce the amount of fuel sold. So, they can adjust the meter to sell 0.8 liters for every one liter displayed on the meter.

And this scam is never performed by the attendants because they do not have access to the configuration of the machine. Only the manager (sometimes with the instructions of the filling station owner) can do it.

The highest an attendant can do is to sell less fuel than you request, say sell 1000 naira fuel when you ask for 2000 naira, but you can quickly catch this scam by looking at the meter and ensuring the price and amount begin at 0 and reads up to whatever price or liter you ask for.

As for the readjustment done by the managers and filling station owner, the only way to catch them is to buy it in jerrycan. But once you see your fuel is not up to what you requested, confront the manager (not the attendant) and threaten to report them to DPR.

If the manager is doing it without the knowledge of the filling station owner, there's a high likelihood he'll give you some fuel to calm you down🤣🤣🤣 If he's doing it with the knowledge of the owner, he'll likely offer you a refund.

Thanks for this information! Sadly, this scam is being normalized and there’s little or nothing anyone can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Bluffly: 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
Shoodboi:

You know we have a lot of illiterates in Nigeria. Same thing I explained to someone. The worst are those with BSc, Masters and PHds and yet yet dim wits

3 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Barcalee: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
Them plenty for badagry 85% of the filling stations needs to be checked. It's pure wickedness
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Ayo25: 9:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nigerians can be dangerously ignorant honestly and many times you dont just know how to help them.
Bluffly:

You know we have a lot of illetrates in Nigeria. Same thing I explained to someone. The worst are those with BSc, Masters and PHds and yet yet dim wits

2 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Funflipper: 9:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
tunjijones:
Nigerians are naturally wicked.

Why do you think we have heartless politicians? They were selected from amongst us. The politicians are a true reflection of who Nigerians are.

You are 100% correct. Nigerians want a corrupt free goverment whereas the average citizen is corrupt. That is like asking for what you can never get becausr corruption is rooted deep into the foundation of the society.
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by ImoleNaija: 10:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
EnglishUsa:
Country is hard now, everyone has gotten a means to be cheating each other, buy walnut after eating the two on top others are rotten, buy graundnut you be eating and be crying, ask for Coca-Cola you will see different colors of it with different test, try buy food in the restaurant you will cry while eating it.... Now I cook at home, I do my tiger nut myself, I use zobo to replace Coca-Cola and I boil my own water and drink it. Know time for nonsense.

The thing get as e be o.

I've stopped buying even guinea eggs from the guys selling in road traffic. Out of the four, you would hardly see two eggs that are good.
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by EmmaLege: 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
Na man dey do man🥺
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by otokx(m): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
The petrol station I use in PH dispenses the right amount of fuel at 595 per litre as against some others doing 590/591
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for clarifying, bro. I was also wondering how possible it is to dispense air from the hose.

Surprisingly, I heard the stuff so much back then that I asked my fellow attendants how to sell air, cos the thing was just so funny 🤣🤣🤣 Many customers even accused me of selling air to them. Very funny stuff.
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
Bluffly:

You know we have a lot of illetrates in Nigeria. Same thing I explained to someone. The worst are those with BSc, Masters and PHds and yet yet dim wits

"Educated" in Nigeria today refers to anyone with a B.Sc and above. Even ONDs, HNDs, and COE graduates are struggling for recognition. Many book, no sense. The whole thing is even ridiculous. Even if it was true, didn't they meet fuel in the hose when they got to the filling station? It's common sense.
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
hify9935:
Thanks for this information! Sadly, this scam is being normalized and there’s little or nothing anyone can do about it.

Even the DPR I talked about is corrupt. They will just extort the filling stations if you report to them. So the filling stations will pay the bribe and then proceed with business as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by olatuneji: 2:15am On Aug 31, 2023
Shoodboi:

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by mignone(f): 4:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Shoodboi:

OK! Clarity from experience.
May I ask why d attendant was looking & checking suspiciously behind his shoulders before & during d act?

2 Likes

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by mignone(f): 4:54am On Aug 31, 2023
Shoodboi:

Surprisingly, I heard the stuff so much back then that I asked my fellow attendants how to sell air, cos the thing was just so funny 🤣🤣🤣 Many customers even accused me of selling air to them. Very funny stuff.
Hmmm...
Oga, let me give this account. I'd like u to try & explain what could av happened there. Thank u.
-----
A transporter bus filled with passengers drove into a fuel station& conspicuouly bought 4k worth of fuel.
After abt 2 mins drive, d bus came to a stop. The driver found out dt his fuel tank was empty. In fact, he'd to hurriedly detach d tank for d passengers to see...
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Chinedumejoooo: 5:45am On Aug 31, 2023
.....almost everywhere in this country.
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by hairyman(m): 6:33am On Aug 31, 2023
Can you reference a source for this claim, I tried to find literature detailing petrol measurement as a function of the nozzle but couldn't find any.

Shoodboi:

1 Like

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Mrpojj(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77m9ANu5LE

Motorist calls out fuel attendants in Port Harcourt for allegedly "scamming" their customers.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv
This is why govt must consciously bring out good policies.
For every bad policies they make, the chain reaction is massive
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by skedy1(m): 7:11am On Aug 31, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o77m9ANu5LE

Motorist calls out fuel attendants in Port Harcourt for allegedly "scamming" their customers.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv
Same portharcourt
I went to buy fuel in one of those filling stations around Rukpokwu. The pump attendant progamed the meter to my amount but I noticed that the moment he took out the nozzle, the meter started reading before that nozzle got to the car tank. I asked him to stop, he rushed to put it. Asked him to do it again, same thing happened. He was claiming nonsense, when I enter am 2 dirty slap, him brain reset. Asked him to call his manager, he was just ranting and all. Eventually, they came out and confirmed that the pump does that. You can imagine how many people they must have done that to.

We all need to be vigilant

1 Like

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Manofsteel2013(m): 7:24am On Aug 31, 2023
grin
Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by membranus: 9:15am On Aug 31, 2023
Shoodboi:

Thanks for the enlightenment.

1 Like

Re: Motorist Calls Out Fuel Attendants For Allegedly 'scamming' Customers (video) by Bluffly: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2023
Shoodboi:

"Educated" in Nigeria today refers to anyone with a B.Sc and above. Even ONDs, HNDs, and COE graduates are struggling for recognition. Many book, no sense. The whole thing is even ridiculous. Even if it was true, didn't they meet fuel in the hose when they got to the filling station? It's common sense.

Even see the slow pokes in management.
https://nairametrics.com/2023/08/29/nnpcl-disciplines-staff-for-fuel/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals / Paypal Accidentally Gives Man $92 Quadrillion / Which Business Can I Start As A Chemistry Graduate ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.