Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes (27275 Views)

Wike Announces A New PDP With The G5 Governors|Tiz Naija / Wike Announces Temporary Lifting Of Lockdown For Residents To Restock Foodstuffs / Coronavirus: Wike Announces Total Lockdown In Parts Of Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by littleguy444: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2023
Dshocker:
Another scheme to embezzle money, since it will be used to settle or compensate indigenes.

I can beat my chest to say that N400B will be embezzled, because the EFCC and ICPC cannot have evidence on how the money was shared.

By the way, where will the federal government get sure an amount from?
Don't be so sure sir, there was a time when the indigens in my area got like 5 million each.
No indigens in Nigeria enjoy land right like Abuja indigens, many are millionaires just because of this compensation, many people on nairaland are not really close to the gbagyis so you don't know what happens.
I repeat only in my area there are millionaires that did basically nothing other than waiting for this kind of fund, but the thing is they don't show off the cash but we know.
Many people talk about Abuja if only you know what the indigens do in Abuja
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by bitbillionaire: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2023
825 billion Naira just to compensate Abuja indigenes for a project I can bet won't be up to 3 billion Naira. Somebody somewhere must be mad or drunk!
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by littleguy444: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
yourshopkwikguy:
It can't be billion but million.
OP please confirm if this an error
829 billion will construct a new world-class airport
As of 2010 if good wants to build something and the indigens planted trees there, government would pay for each single tree no matter the amount this is separate from the land compensation.
Even after that if the government delay the project they might still plant and enjoy some benefit again, Abuja live all sort of life in Abuja, mind you They are not the social media type that is why many people don't know.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Bfly: 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
B or M, Which one?
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by AmazingELixir: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
How on earth would a 2km runway worth over 800b? Lol all of a sudden Wike is now a good Samaritan who cares about indigenous people in FCT?? What a miracle Smh

You don't need common sense to know that this is just a scheme to embezzle public fund.

This is what you get when you appoint exactly the same known corrupt politicians in a new regime... How on earth you guys expect anything different? Hellooo? Anybody home? Where y'all brains at??

Before you continue wailing and drooling like a leaking roof....have you bothered to verify the authenticity of the figure quoted by the Op.....it is same people like you that were conjuring fire and brimstone when another useless print media falsely accused same Wike of buying and using a bullet proof official car which was later proven to be false.

All you people know is to come on social media to wail like rabid ekuke.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by winner37(m): 5:56pm On Aug 29, 2023
SmartPolician:
Some Abuja indigenes will become millionaires overnight. Congratulations to them!

This is why I always write on this administration many will be crying while few will be smiling..
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by winner37(m): 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2023
Just listen to the amount of money to be used for construction of second runway whereas millions of Nigeria are dieing in poverty..
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by gbishman: 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2023
All misplaced priorities. Building a second runway when the existing one and structure is nothing to be compared with other countries domestic airports; yet you want to build another one. Wike needs to assisted with prioritization of projects and management of scarce resources of the country.
Nigeria is going through a very tough and challenging time this is not the time to be throwing money away on frivolous projects.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by BALLOSKI: 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
How much dem de build new airport?
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Jorussia(m): 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
Its 825m not billion.Its quite unfortunate that Nairaland has turn to moving posts from unverified sources to front page.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by NaijaCover(m): 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by bonnyhope: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Abeg hw much be d runway?

Na Naija way

They inflate everything to benefit themselves
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Bhol28: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2023
Fake news,the actual compensation fund approved is 825m.I wander why spreading this lies and some gullibles still believed such outrageous amount

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by freemanq(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
Another waste of public fund
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Agent17th: 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2023
Bioboy1213:
That money much, for such project now.

If that were to be your family home, will you be happy if government pays your dad peanuts to take over your ancestral home?

They want to settle the indigenes cos that runway go chop much land
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Bioboy1213(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
Agent17th:

If that were to be your family home, will you be happy if government pays your dad peanuts to take over your ancestral home?

They want to settle the indigenes cos that runway go chop much land
if you are from Abuja or familiar with that particular axis, you will definitely understand better.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by AdesegunSanni89: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
This is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vBZZemdrmI where WIKE clearly said 825 million not billion. No wonder mediocrity persists in Nigeria when citizens don't verify information before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by MrSmithy: 9:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
So how much will be used to build the 2nd runway...Thats huge bro
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by hollywater: 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
If you like promise heaven and earth,all of you are vacating that Office come 24/09/2023 by God grace.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Shedking(m): 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
nairalandkachy1:
OPINION

Let the aviation ministry and the foreign affairs ministry do their jobs. If they on top of their duties as FCT Minister, you won't be saying this
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by SnoppyG: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
fake , it's 825m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Ilekokonit: 12:16am On Aug 30, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Abeg hw much be d runway?

These blood suckers are worse than satan himself.

How much con be the runway itself if a whopping N825 billion is allocated looted for compensation. That's almost a trillion Naira just for compensation and the cost of the work proper has not even been added yet ??
How much con be Nigeria's total GDP if just one of the projects of a single ministry is gulping almost a Trillion Naira.
No wonder nothing is left in the treasury to budget for schools, hospitals and caring for the elderly and disabled
Eyin oloselu yi, e beru olohun now
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Ilekokonit: 12:22am On Aug 30, 2023
I said it and I'll keep saying it. By the time Tinubu finishes with Nigeria, his cached Loot will dwarf Nigeria's total external reserves. Just keep watching.

What Tinubu stole and has continued stealing in Lagos since 1999 should have taught Nigerians a lesson to avoid this disaster but we did not listen, did we ?
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Ilekokonit: 12:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Unperturbedpota:
So teach your children from now if you are still in NIGERIA. Teach your kids that they can make it only either through politics or crime. So they start now to know their reality grin nothing like daddy I want to be a lawyer or doctor. Correct that kid and tell him or her no, my dear you want to be a politician
Political science will become the hottest course to study in Nigeria soonest
😎

Na wa o.

Actually my cousin had a friend many years ago whose Dad taught them from a very young age that dishonesty is the best policy and I'm talking of like 40 years ago.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Ilekokonit: 12:33am On Aug 30, 2023
How many days has Wike been in office as Minister that he is announcing N825b Compensation ?

Haba Tinubu. I wanted to call you and Wike bastards but there is no point wasting my energy.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 30, 2023
MuslimPegan:

That is what you get when a black man is in charge of funds
See only Igbos write stuff like this. Very weird. They swear they’re white

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by grandstar(m): 4:12am On Aug 30, 2023
ivolt:
Fake news.

I concur but fake news like these can create chaos.

Abuja does not need a second runway. It's a purpose built capital city.

It is the endemic renter system in Nigeria that has made Abuja what it is. Most purpose built capital cities tend to be small affairs like Ottawa in Canada and Canberra in Australua

1 Like

Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by killsmith(f): 4:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Tinubu is using government money to purchase land for him and his cronies.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by normaman(m): 5:59am On Aug 30, 2023
Can’t be billion, na million.
Re: Abuja Airport 2nd Runway: Wike Announces N825b Compensation For Indigenes by Agent17th: 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
Bioboy1213:
if you are from Abuja or familiar with that particular axis, you will definitely understand better.

You aren't an indigene, so this won't make much sense to you. I totally understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Why Shiites Protesters Are Not Intelligent / 7 Notable Achievements Of Okonjo-iweala And Alison-madueke In The Ministries / Governor Ganduje Inspects Projects By 1am (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.