Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees (23041 Views)

Bagudu’s $155m Settlement Deal With The FG: The Inside Details By The Cable / Sign Of Rejection: PDP Mocks Buhari, Tinubu For Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Ra / Poor Turnout For APC South East Rallies, An Indication Of Rejection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by OlujobaSamuel: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2023
DisGuy:
Can anyone please explain

The Special Adviser for Works, is that the same as commissioner? Why exactly does she need confirmation, I thought SA are personal appointees?

Egbon @naptu
The SSA was nominated as Commissioner, but was rejected.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by DisGuy: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

The SSA was nominated as Commissioner, but was rejected.

Thanks

She was the defacto commissioner last term, she might as well continue as SSA if they can't navigate the House

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by YesDaddyTill203: 10:44pm On Aug 29, 2023
If you don't win the election, how can you govern?
You can't have some people work for electoral victory then you bring in people who have not done jack to secure the victory.
I'm sure there are so called technocrats in the party that he can Choose from.
Also, how in hell can you only 8 Muslims in the cabinet when majority of the indigenes of the State are Muslims?
Sanwoolu fell my hand on this one.
He seems to say he doesn't care simply because he's not running for re-election. But sooner or later, he will want another position on the Federal level after this because he's still a young man. People will remember.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Acidosis(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
You can have some people work for electoral victory then you bring in people who have jot done jack to secure the victory.
I'm sure there are so called technocrats in the parry that he can Choose from.
Also, how in hell can you only 8 Muslims in the cabinet whe. Majority of the indigenes of the State are Muslims.

Lol. You wicked and evil men now care about Lagos indigenes? Interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by bong4(m): 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2023
1972xy:
This is not Anambra state ,Neither is it labour party government. This Lagos,an Apc state.
It is apc matter arising . So, keep mute.

We really deserve the leaders we get with this your mentality.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Ezmans: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
Rejecting the commissioner for health, Prof. Abayomi shows how xxxxx the lawmakers are... If there is anybody to reject, does it have to be him?

We saw how he was at the forefront of fighting COVID19 during the pandemic to the extent of even getting infected... If not for his proactiveness, only God knows what will have befallen lagosians...

I can't speak for others, but it's high time someone from Abuja calls Obasa and ask him to confirm Prof. Abayomi
nobody fight COVID in nigeria
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by YesDaddyTill203: 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2023
Acidosis:

Lol. You wicked and evil men now care about Lagos indigenes? Interesting.
We are not talking about one brainwashed delusional IPOB terrorist cannibal masquerading as son of Lagos. You can have him your n3xt Governor of Anambra.
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Acidosis(m): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:

We are not talking about one brainwashed delusional IPOB terrorist cannibal masquerading as son of Lagos. You can have him your n3xt Governor of Anambra.

Typical agbado man with empty brain. Is this about GRV or the fact that fine and properly furnished technocrats refused to snatch ballot boxes for a drug baron?? grin

After everything Prof Abayomi did for y'all ungrateful political criminals from abandoned villages, you expect a professor to snatch ballot boxes to qualify for the post of a "mere commissioner"?

The next thing is to tag the able professor an IPOB and ESN member. Awon omo ale!! The man is kukuma Yellowish grin Very easy to tag him an *alambla" man grin grin

May una camp never know peace for instigating violence and xenophobia in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Access03(m): 11:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
KomonSense:
If I were sanwo olu , this is an opportunity to become a godfather in Lagos and western politics.

Because Tinubu's attention is divided in national politics

Sanwo-Olu godfather ke? Dey play!
E no get level pass Fash, Kadiri Hamzat, Obasa, not to talk of the GAC group!
Godfather pass dat one head.

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Mccullum: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2023
Menclothing:
Obasa will kill Apc in Lagos state sanwolu won because of the people support

It's Sanwo-Olu that will kill his futuristic political chances in Lagos State. The indigenes and other Yorubas understood the root of the problem.

Obasa aware of it, that's why he and other legislators preventing Sanwo-Olu from damaging their political careers. APC will still stand in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Amaggedon: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2023
KomonSense:
If I were sanwo olu , this is an opportunity to become a godfather in Lagos and western politics.

If you have not headed a cartel, i mean a very large drug franchis , you can not replicate what tinubu did in lagos. Sanwo olu is just one of those boys he is not a godfather. Dont forget that he will pay for allowing tinubu to be disgraced in lagos if not for the late intervention of tinubu's inec contacts.
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by YesDaddyTill203: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2023
Acidosis:

Typical agbado man with empty brain. Is this about GRV or the fact that fine and properly furnished technocrats refused to snatch ballot boxes for a drug baron?? grin

After everything Prof Abayomi did for y'all ungrateful political criminals from abandoned villages, you expect a professor to snatch ballot boxes to qualify for the post of a "mere commissioner"?

The next thing is to tag the able professor an IPOB and ESN member. Awon omo ale!! The man is kukuma Yellowish grin Very easy to tag him an *alambla" man grin grin

May una camp never know peace for instigating violence and xenophobia in Lagos.

Typical ranting of a brainwashed, delusional, imb@cile IPOB terrorist cannibal monkey.
You better go to bed and cry yourself to sleep thinking about your miserable low-life existence.
We have more than enough people from Lagos state who can occupy any position and get the job done right. We don't need some dumb-ass OSU slave monkey like you to come a tell us how to run our state.

STFU, and get lost. Go and worry about your God-forsaken erosion-ravaged evil jungle that your people are running away from daily and running to the SW to sell Gala in traffic while all your young women have turned to prostitution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Access03(m): 11:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Funny country,they are technocrats but they don't have electoral value grin.

They prioritize winning election's to the development of the state.

Nigerian politicians are a different breed of politicians.

Tell me Engr. Aramide Adeyoye's contribution during the past four years despite the defacto Comissioner for Works, and telling us she had worked with a leading construction conmpaning for 15 years? Are we not in this Lagos together, and tell me about the state of roads again.
We have many thieves calling themselves technocrats today in Nigeria's politics.
Like Obasa rightfully said, there were many technocrats would came home to contest for LAHA seats as members of the assembly, and not by telling us someone spent 20 years in a company abroad or anywhere else.
The technocrats should also be on the field during electioneering and stop waiting for appointments.
Was Dr. Betta Edu not a technocrat as a Medical Doctor where we saw all her CV, where she worked and her positive impacts during the electioneering will resulted in her being made a Minister? Cut us some slacks please.

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by tttmar(f): 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
Infact Sanwo-Olu disappointed me by having only 8 Muslims out of the 39 nominees and honestly majority of people who voted for him are Muslims.

He really cheated Ikorodu and Epe people who came out massively and voted for him.

Sanwo-Olu should not bother contesting for any election after this second term because we will remember what he did.

Very disappointing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Vado(m): 1:09am On Aug 30, 2023
KomonSense:

He doesn't have the guts for it. If he had balls, those lawmakers will start paying for the market they just bought. Imagine a house of assembly saying they wouldn't approve commissioner's lists from Wike or Zulum.

4 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Wickedfacts: 1:42am On Aug 30, 2023
KomonSense:

You reason like a toddler in politics.
You want to go against the President in his home state
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by LagosPrince: 2:50am On Aug 30, 2023
1972xy:
This is not Anambra state ,Neither is it labour party government. This Lagos,an Apc state.
It is apc matter arising . So, keep mute.
Are you even from Lagos

Eran

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by LagosPrince: 2:52am On Aug 30, 2023
tttmar:
Infact Sanwo-Olu disappointed me by having only 8 Muslims out of the 39 nominees and honestly majority of people who voted for him are Muslims.

He really cheated Ikorodu and Epe people who came out massively and voted for him.

Sanwo-Olu should not bother contesting for any election after this second term because we will remember what he did.

Very disappointing.
.the ones that represented you in the past, what did you gain?

And who told you that Lagos belongs to the Muslims ?

Sanwo Olu is the governor of Lagos and will decide who stays and who leaves.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by bdon123(m): 2:57am On Aug 30, 2023
ijustdey:
Some party loyalists say some nominees are not known in their constituencies and did not contribute to the success of the party at the polls

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/618503-inside-details-of-rejection-of-17-lagos-commissioner-nominees.html
Useless set of people...more interested in party politics than qualified people in governance

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by thomasjoe(m): 3:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Life4time:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num; Angela Ubi
G.TBank

You still dey post this thing for how many months now?
Mods where una dey?

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Wickedfacts: 3:10am On Aug 30, 2023
LagosPrince:
.the ones that represented you in the past, what did you gain?

And who told you that Lagos belongs to the Muslims ?

Sanwo Olu is the governor of Lagos and will decide who stays and who leaves.

Look here, you serial loser.
Don't support Tinubu, don't support any Yoruba. Don't infect Yoruba leaders with the eternal bad luck you carry.
Thank you.
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Dshocker(m): 4:17am On Aug 30, 2023
Ain't my fVcking problem...
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by owolabi5: 4:20am On Aug 30, 2023
It's okay☹️
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:23am On Aug 30, 2023
KomonSense:

sanwolu godfather in Lagos politics naso e easy... Anyway lagos APC is just getting too arrogant with the way they're handling this issue... How do u blame commissioner for loss of a party in polling units or ward will they force people to vote APC if they want to vote other Party... During the Pres race it was clear it would be tight in Lagos.. the Muslim Muslim sentiments contribute to why APC lost lagos... For gorvenor they won... Or does APC think they ll just be strolling to Victory always in a cosmopolitan State like lagos... In plateau LP won president but PDP won for gorvenor... That's the beauty of electoral choices...in Delta LP won president but PDP won gorvenor and APC got good state assembly seats... In Edo LP won president APC won two Senate Seats... That's the beauty... The elections system in Nigeria is changing that pple ll make choices on diverse reasons... It's not compulsory for an Political appiontee to be a party member except they are saying Political appointment should be reserved for party members which is myopic... They're other ways to Carry party members along... I mean how do u refused to screen a guy like Prof.Abayomi

4 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:31am On Aug 30, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
You can't have some people work for electoral victory then you bring in people who have not done jack to secure the victory.
I'm sure there are so called technocrats in the party that he can Choose from.
Also, how in hell can you only 8 Muslims in the cabinet when majority of the indigenes of the State are Muslims?
Sanwoolu fell my hand on this one.
He seems to say he doesn't care simply because he's not running for re-election. But sooner or later, he will want another position on the Federal level after this because he's still a young man. People will remember.
I thought religion doesn't matter when APC did Muslim Muslim ticket...?? How does appointing a Muslim benefit Muslim... and so religion now matter in Yoruba land... Again u guys are raising mundane issues to question the gorvenor list... So how many pple who work for election victory can get appointments ain't there other ways to involve them... Or is it the loss of president race in Lagos which wasn't surprising... APC lagos should realize Lagos is cosmopolitan and shove their arrogance otherwise one day they ll be shocked to lose the state and nothing ll happen... Cross river PDP lost to APC for gorvenor and heaven didn't fall

3 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by HeroicMeastro: 4:39am On Aug 30, 2023
christejames:
APC is too trivial and evil
The earlier you understand that APC is just a nomenclature the better for you.
Same people in PDP, LP, NNPP etc today can be in APC tomorrow and vice versa.
The same youths shouting "recycling of old politicians bla bla" would join the league at the slightest opportunity and commit even worse atrocities.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:39am On Aug 30, 2023
Amaggedon:
If you have not headed a cartel, i mean a very large drug franchis , you can not replicate what tinubu did in lagos. Sanwo olu is just one of those boys he is not a godfather. Dont forget that he will pay for allowing tinubu to be disgraced in lagos if not for the late intervention of tinubu's inec contacts.
who ll pay for APC losing katsina where buhari come from.. yobe.. kaduna where El rufai come from... U pple don't realize u don't force pple to vote a party but appeal to them... If u repeat president Elections in Lagos State APC won't win Tak it to the bank... All this nonsense braggado is bullshit and show undemocratic spirit... The recent election shows that pple have democratic choices... In benue State we saw APC win president elections cos of father Alia being popular Amongst the pple despite Ortom endorsing LP he lost his Senate contest... How are u blaming a national elections loss on sanwolu and his commissioners.. the way pple vote for president is different from gorvenor that's why APC won Lagos for gorvenor...

1 Like

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by Racoon(m): 4:40am On Aug 30, 2023
A whole Prof Abayomi rejected by the corrupt Mudashiru Obasa-led APC LASHA on account of not being partisan?

You expected a man that fought tirelessly and did exceptionally well during the COVID-19 pandemic to be a party stooge before meriting political appointment?

This emilokan mentality is killing productivity. See what the deranged drug baron is doing @ the national stage.

3 Likes

Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:40am On Aug 30, 2023
Ventura1:
The matter get cover
it's because of Muslims in Lagos state
Re: Inside Details Of Rejection Of 17 Lagos Commissioner-nominees by BALLOSKI: 6:12am On Aug 30, 2023
KomonSense:

Make him try am. You think this is not the way of the boss above to tell Sanwo-Olu to situp and stop being too comfortable? If he does anyhow, he'd be impeached and Tinubu would endorse that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses / “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” / Captain Who Exposed Ekiti Electoral Fraud Returns To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.