Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision (3709 Views)

Senator Dickson Shares Food To Bayelsa Residents As Christmas/New Year Gifts / PDP Primaries: Senator Dickson Clinches Bayelsa West Senatorial District Ticket / Senator Dickson Bags Award For Support, Development Of Yenagoa Polo Club (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by brutustech: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
Senator Dickson hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision for Senate Committee on Ecology & Climate Change

Former Bayelsa governor and current Senator representing Bayelsa West senatorial district, Senator Henry Seriake Dickson, welcomed Social Media Practitioners from across the nation today, gathering for a media interaction to discuss his new role as the chairman of the Senate Committee on Ecology and Climate Change.

At the media interaction, Senator Dickson highlighted his notable accomplishments spanning various sectors in Bayelsa, including the recent Excellence in Environmental Leadership Award for his outstanding contributions to the issues of environment. This prestigious award was bestowed on him by a coalition of 20 non-governmental organizations.

Furthermore, Senator Dickson's achievements encompass advancements in Education, such as the establishment of the Ijaw National Academy in Kaiama, the implementation of the Bayelsa Health Insurance scheme, and his initiatives that led to a reduction in maternal and infant mortality rates. Notably, his support for pregnant women registered with the state government played a significant role.

Under his leadership, the introduction of free boarding schools transformed the educational landscape, providing children with improved access to quality education. This initiative was especially significant as the concept of boarding schools was non-existent in Bayelsa prior to his assumption of office.

Governor Dickson's focus on healthcare infrastructure led to the establishment of numerous primary health facilities, over 80 primary health facilities were constructed, ensuring that quality healthcare reaches even the most remote corners of the state. These facilities have become crucial centers for providing essential medical services and preventive care to Bayelsans, making healthcare accessible and reliable.

The transformation of Bayelsa's infrastructure during Governor Dickson's administration was truly remarkable. The construction of the Bayelsa International Airport has not only enhanced connectivity but also opened up new avenues for economic growth and tourism. In addition, his commitment to improving the efficiency of the civil service streamlined governance, leading to better service delivery.

Governor Dickson's prowess in economic management was evident from the impressive growth in the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) of the state. Under his leadership, the IGR surged from a modest 60 million Naira per month to an astonishing figure of over one billion Naira. This achievement reflects his strategic planning and implementation of effective revenue generation strategies.

Recognizing the importance of security, Governor Dickson launched the state security outfit, 'Operation Doo Akpo,' equipping it with state-of-the-art security equipment to combat crime and ensure the safety of residents.

Furthermore, his support for education continued through scholarships, ensuring that Bayelsa's brightest minds had the opportunity to pursue higher education. Additionally, the initiative of providing automatic employment to First Class graduates demonstrates his commitment to nurturing local talent and fostering growth.

Also, his contributions include the establishment of a substantial Cassava Processing Plant, along with the founding of numerous secondary and tertiary institutions.

You would recall that Senator Dickson was a recipient of Excellence in Environmental Leadership Award presented by Celestine Okwudili who represented Mrs. Ene Obi of Action Aid at the event.

Okwudili, said the award was conferred on the Senator for his contributions and stewardship in sustaining a healthy environment while serving as Governor of Bayelsa State between 2012 and 2020.

He explained that the Senator, during his tenure as governor, empaneled an International Commission on Oil Spills to assess environmental damages, determine responsibility, and develop a new legal framework for accountability and compensation in the area.

In his speech at the occasion, Dickson explained that the panel he constituted as governor, took samples of blood of residents of the oil producing areas and after laboratory tests it was discovered that there were heavy metal poisoning in their bodies.

Dickson said he drew the attention of the multinational oil firms to the development but that rather than doing something about it, they started fighting him.

He lamented that the situation was still reoccurring even as he urged the attention of his successor to the unfortunate situation and asked him to take action.

He said, β€œThe oil companies were not cooperating with me then. They were even fighting me but I did not mind them because I knew I was fighting a just course.”
He also explained how he recruited 250 graduates to protect the environment, especially the forest resources.

The Senator called on the federal government to pay attention to the reckless deforestation taking place across the country.
The Senator promised to take advantage of his new position as Chairman, Senate Committee on Ecology and Climate Change to collaborate with all critical stakeholders on the issue of the environment.

He pledged to use all platforms available to him to advance the cause of the environment, the ecology and climate change.

β€œAs the Chairman of the Senate Committee of Ecology and Climate Change, I will work with all NGOs in Nigeria, support the efforts of all institutions and bodies, to advance the cause of the environment, particularly to join the campaign against climate change.

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by TemplarLandry: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by brutustech: 9:59pm On Aug 29, 2023
At the media interaction, Senator Dickson highlighted his notable accomplishments spanning various sectors in Bayelsa, including the recent Excellence in Environmental Leadership Award for his outstanding contributions to the issues of environment. This prestigious award was bestowed on him by a coalition of 20 non-governmental organizations

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by crossfm: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hehehe.

After looting bayelsa state dry,he is now in Abuja looting more.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Skillsnigeria: 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Zico5(m): 10:14pm On Aug 29, 2023
People don't allow their work to speak any longer. They pronounce it by themselves for people to hear even if it's nothing to be proud of.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Akerele44(m): 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
His popular saying

See this small rat
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Menclothing: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lolz seeking Re election influencers are cheap to buy
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Sixthsense2021: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2023
What are they influencing! Their pockets

1 Like

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by omooba969(m): 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2023
Misplaced priority
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Nordy: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2023
Hehehe this one's na AGBADO influencers. This our politicians joke alot
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Badguy77(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2023
Where are the influencers??

1 Like

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Maoforeg: 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2023
Join Our Team as a Graduate Intern - NYSC Corp Members in Lagos!

Are you a passionate and driven graduate looking to kick-start your career in the exciting world of Tech? We're thrilled to invite you to be a part of our growing team at Bariumtech.

At Bariumtech, our mission is to shape the company of tomorrow, one technology solution at a time. We're seeking enthusiastic graduate interns (NYSC Corp members serving strictly within Lagos state) who are eager to dive into the world of finance, accounting, management, HR, and admin. The ideal candidates should be self-driven, willing to learn and resourceful individuals excited to join our growing team.
Click to submit your application: https:///BariumtechNYSC
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by RT67i: 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2023
CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING GUIDE.

If you have good knowledge of crypto trading, you are rich already.

Download Binance or Bybit from playstore or iOS and let me teach you how to trade crypto safely. You can start with any amount and grow it up to 5 times within a week. Imagine earning in Dollars every minute.
Stop complaining about govt and simply end poverty. If you aquire the right skills, you would maximize profits and avoid losses. My practical course would expose you to that and you be added to my group for live trading signals. As for newbies, below are part of what you would directly from me:
1. How to Trade Cryptocurrency (Simplified to benefit beginners)
2. Crypto trading success blueprint
3.How to manage risks and emotion properly.
4.How to set stop loss so that if market reverse, you won't loose. (This is where many do fail)
5.How to position and stay focus while trading.
6. Best Crypto tips.
7. Where to get right signals and even how to technically get it yourself.
The course is on a Promo of N5,000.
Get it now and thank me later.
8. How to buy or sell crypto, how to exchange crypto to Naira all within 15 minutes.
9. Technical analysis to help you understand

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Oscarchims: 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
His trouser though
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Oyibopikin: 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2023
LEARN (A.I ART AND ANIMATION) AND MAKE MORE MONEY ONLINE.
AI art (Artificial Intelligence art) is a form of digital art created or enhanced with AI tools.Β  A.I videos are human-like, they are far better than cartoons as they look and perfom like real human/Animals.
A.I art works with tools ( it doesn't require knowledge of programming, painting or drawing skills)
WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT:
* Helps in Marketing ( Video ads)
* Content Creator ( like YouTube and Tiktok) etc
* Enhance Teaching Materials
* Comic Book Creator

HOW YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH IT:
* Freelance Services (it's highly demanded)
* create and sell video contents
* Promote Your brands
* Have a YouTube channel and focus on a nice niche .
* Advertise for Print on Demand video.
* Atimes sacrifice your time, create promotional videos for big brands, approach them with, I bet you, about 90% of them would compensate you.
* With A.I art skills, you are already an artist. Just think about wall arts
* Create Children books
* As the knowledge is not yet saturated, you can teach others and make money also .
The course consists of 16 detailed videos and they are not heavy. Also, children can learn this.
Price is slashed to N4,500.
There's certificate

Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Benwallt(m): 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2023
People from Bayelsa are naturally giants. Why?
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by OgwuEgo: 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2023
Governor of small state wey flood almost sweep away, if not for supreme Court na APC for rule his state.
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by oluwasegun007(m): 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
OP is yet to post the picture of Mr honorable and the influencers.....

Because this people wey I dey see, I no sabi wetin dem dey influence..
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by IjebuWarrior: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2023
Useless Bastards! angry
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by vanitybutiwanti: 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2023
Everybody wants to be popular like wike and obi
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by discusant: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2023
But na only this man Bayelsa get for politics?
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:50pm On Aug 29, 2023
Na to bribe them now to always speak on his favour as well as the lies APC govt will dish out!
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Vyzz: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2023
cool
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by Houseofglam7(f): 11:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
🫀
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by EtinosaDLaw(m): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2023
From minister back to Senator. Same crooks
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by EtinosaDLaw(m): 11:06pm On Aug 29, 2023
discusant:
But na only this man Bayelsa get for politics?
Same thing I was just thinking.
How greedy can one man be??
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by EtinosaDLaw(m): 11:07pm On Aug 29, 2023
IjebuWarrior:
Useless Bastards! angry
Re: Senator Dickson Hosts Social Media Influencers, Unveils Bold Vision by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2023
Social wetin?.....

Abeg when are they inviting nairalander....Me I no go come sha..I know say dem dey find me for hate speesh..

Double ban ontop one thread.. I've seen it all

Ndi ala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mohammed Idris: Binance Bribery Allegation Diversionary / Efcc Seals Off Nnamani’s Companies - Over Alleged N5.3bn Fraud / Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso Declared Winner Of Kano Gubernatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.