Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# (4518 Views)

Why You Should Start Programming With C. / Building An App That Lets Users Locate A Power Source Nearest To Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# by enzo01(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2011
Hello my fellow naira-guru-landers pls i need help or an advise on how to set a trial period on an application. Say 4 instance i developed a hello world windows app with c# and i want my user to make use of it 4 the period of 7 days. Pls how do i go about this? An illustration is highly needed please. Tanx in advance.

1 Like

Re: Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# by dellnet: 8:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
2 options:

1. Your program may query a server to check itself on startup
or
2. create a special zero tolerance time stamp on the system that the program can read from.
Re: Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# by enzo01(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
@dell_net how can i do that pls.
Re: Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# by dellnet: 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
option 1 requires some network protocol concept,,,option 2 should be put into your registry.
Re: Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# by ssware: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
A common way to create a trial is to limit usage days (say 30 days). You can do this by storing the current date in an obscure registry key, when the software is first run (or during installation). Then you check whether the limit has passed everytime your software runs.

For a readymade system which does this, see CryptoLicensing ( http://www.ssware.com/cryptolicensing/cryptolicensing_net.htm ) - it also has other scenarios like max executions, max runtime in minutes, etc.
Re: Help On How A Make An App A Trial Version With C# by CodeHouse: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2013
Sorry I worked with those languages for too long. If you'd like to use my compiler... I Could develop a splash screen and the registration algorithm (using user hardware ID and username to generate a unique key), also the keyreg for ya. It is going to be a small exe app which will point to your main app...if reg is successfull, it will launch your app. If user back dates or tries to manipulate the app, it will "self-destruct" <-- meant that in a nice way...lol

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Bufferedinputstream Read Blocking Issue In Java / Hash Analytic Internship (A Possible Scam) / How Do I Fix "Player.exe Has Stopped Working" Error Message.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.