Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Military seizes power in Gabon - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Military seizes power in Gabon (65425 Views)

President Ali Bongo Explains Why There Are No Term Limits In Gabon's Presidency / Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Cutehector(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Aremwayne:
This is becoming something else, Ecowas need to step in an act fast.
lmao. Read book una no gree. Na to dey watch ticktok up and down. You see...

If they say name ecowas states, na so you don fail patapata.. Waste of education.

All these ebola followers sef.

4 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by nairalanda1(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa

Gabon is not in ECOWAS.

It is in a separate grouping...
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by omoyankee3(m): 7:08am On Aug 30, 2023
A contagion
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Ibkingo7: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Nice one,I am extremely happy about this good news, please tell ECOWAS that we are waiting for another good news.Mejorities of ECOWAS stays in power via electoral coup,what is the deferens.That is why ECOWAS continues to remain powerless.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Curious346: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2023
Hnmm.

Best news of the year
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by JuicyStar: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Tinubu still dey dulling in Niger now Gabon , it's over for ECOWAS and west Africa

Is Gabon in west Africa?
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Irony1: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............

What did you smoke when you said this. Gabon is a top oil producer with massive gas reserves.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by sulakishop(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2023
Awa lokan
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2023
ONEjoblessGUY:
Lol........
Gabon has no economical value to Africa/Europe.........this would raise bit of dust.............
Gabon has one of the largest per capita Gdp in Africa. It is the fifth largest oil producing country in Africa and major exporter of mineral oils.

6 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

You have said it all. Corruption has taken over Africa largely and the military seem to be tired of it.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by XAUBulls: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by dragunov: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2023

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Occurstaem(m): 7:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:
Gabon is not a West African country.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Irony1: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Fugazy2023:
That is the danger of not invading Niger republic.
PRESIDENT TINUBU shouldn't have listened to the foolish noise makers that have no vision and sense. Useless bastard of a tribe I'm sharing a country with.

Don't be a coward name the tribe.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by UDUJ(m): 7:12am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier Africa is recolonize, the better for us all.

You know nothing.

Illiteracy is a disease.

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Iziquiel(m): 7:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!

I’m gonna wait to confirm that this is not fake news.

But in the meantime, if it’s true, then congratulations to Tinubu, ECOWAS and their brainless warmongers. They now have more countries to invade.

After invading Niger, they will invade Gabon. Or are they going to invade Niger without invading Gabon? They have to mad not to.

I’m so happy right now, if this news is true. Because I’m sure ECOWAS was already waiting to congratulate President Bongo for winning Third Time in a “free and fair” election even though the report of the Gabonese Electoral Umpire shutting down their Electronic Infrastructure, like INEC did, and even removing names of opponents from ballot papers has been everywhere.

Another reason I like this is that the PEPT will see what is happening in other countries because of disputed election. People are waiting on them to do justice, failure of which no one knows what the outcome will be.

Democracy is fast becoming unpopular in Africa and it’s because of poor Electoral management. The situation where votes no longer reflect the wishes of the majority of the voters, their will be disenchantment with the people seeking alternative way out.

If a coup happens in Nigeria today, Nigerians will celebrate it because we didn’t vote for the idiot in power.

If the PEPT likes, let it insult Nigerians like INEC did, let’s see what the outcome will be.

After all the epistle you write, you no even know say Gabon no dey West Africa.

I don tell you say this your bitterness go ruin you. You are already writing like you are mentally deranged.

10 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by nairalanda1(m): 7:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Tell them. Anything that will break western power is welcome. I don't support the military but if they are a panacea to the inordinate ambition and reckless rule of our politicians, I welcome it. Let themmtake over power, undo the civilians madness and restore a democratic rule in a short time.

Wjat we're seeing in Nigeria today among the political class is worse than madness. See the way the masses are suffering and they don't care

The problem with the army many times in Africa is that most of them turn out to have inordinate ambition and reckless rule.

Mobutu and Idi amin come to mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Philomath1212: 7:13am On Aug 30, 2023
Whiteangel1234:

Wetin concern ECOWAS and West Africa with Gabon?

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by madridguy(m): 7:13am On Aug 30, 2023
Gabon is not West Africa.

CooldipoMPS:
Revolution going on in the West of Africa

2 Likes

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Ezmans: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Curious346: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2023
DMerciful:
All eyes on the judiciary else naija might be next!

Only if the coup is led by a Igbo or Yoruba ..

If they didn't remove Buhari ,then they should not disturb Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by cl0r0x: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2023
Someone sees something interesting, posts on nairaland very early. The mods ignores it, creates a new account, posts the same
thing and sends it to the front page. As if the frontpage pays. Closing my account on this biased forum.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by nairalanda1(m): 7:14am On Aug 30, 2023
StrongAlphMale:
The earlier Africa is recolonize, the better for us all.

Africa is not going to be recolonized.

It costs a lot of money to run a colony. Too much money.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by chigo32: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2023
U like the the backwardness of Africa, unemployment everywhere. Ones have to travel outside the country for Greener pastures, thives are in the affairs of the country. Be supporting bad things, Africa will not be developed when all this thives are in power.
Fugazy2023:
That is the danger of not invading Niger republic.
PRESIDENT TINUBU shouldn't have listened to the foolish noise makers that have no vision and sense. Useless bastard of a tribe I'm sharing a country with.
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by Abimbola29(m): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Wahala no dey finish
Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by alpamo6: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2023
Ali Bongo Ondimba, also known as Ali Bongo, is a prominent Gabonese statesman who has held the position of Gabon's third and current president since October 2009. He is an active member of the Gabonese Democratic Party. Ali Bongo's lineage ties him to his father, Omar Bongo, who served as Gabon's president from 1967 until his passing in 2009. Throughout his father's tenure, Ali Bongo occupied significant roles in the government. Notably, he served as the Minister of Foreign Affairs between 1989 and 1991. Additionally, he represented Bongoville as a Deputy in the National Assembly from 1991 to 1999 and took on the role of Minister of Defense from 1999 to 2009. Following his father's demise, Ali Bongo emerged victorious in the 2009 Gabonese presidential election. He secured reelection in 2016, although these elections were marred by a series of irregularities, arrests, human rights infringements, and subsequent protests and episodes of violence.

1 Like

Re: Military seizes power in Gabon by LincolnOnyeabor: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2023
nairalanda1:

Since civillan rule in 1999, there always has been mass retirements . Obasanjo led the way.

Yeah true but what I implied was that, The Tempo and Morale to carry that out has really been nipped in the bud by those retirements

Hope you get my drift??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Ghanaians Drag Ex-President Mahama On Twitter Over Yahaya Bello's Mobile Clinic / Donald Trump Blasts CNN On Twitter, CNN Replies With An Epic Clapback / Rapists Hired To 'break' Inmates Inside Putin's Horror Prisons (graphic Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.