Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano (17356 Views)

Buhari Approves Establishment Of Orthopaedic Hospital In Plateau / Nigerian COVID-19 Survivor Shares His Experience At Lagos Isolation Centre / Muhammadu Buhari Hospital Kano Records First Spinal Cord Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Af0nja: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Phooooool
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Makinaki: 9:04am On Aug 30, 2023
Which yeye system dey work? Dey play o, you hear?
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by CJStarz: 9:06am On Aug 30, 2023
Healthcare is very affordable in the North. They're not as greedy as our southern.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Taiwo20(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2023
Also note that the healthcare service delivery and cost in the North is different from that of the south
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Father4all: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Baby adult
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Blitzking: 9:12am On Aug 30, 2023
Nightwolf1:
This one is speaking for himself. Come to UPTH in Rivers State and see the madness going on there. Infact, don't ever dream of taking an emergency situation to UPTH because right there in your presence that patient would be gone.

Some idiots are simply making it look like the situation is anything to write about. Our public health care system is absolute rubbish.

I almost had an altercation with a medical doctor in the manner they handled my brother's case. Different doctors coming to examine his health condition and prescribe different drugs. Most times you end up purchasing the same drugs twice. There is no due diligence. It's an apocalyptic situation when student doctors are involved. sad

On Saturdays, lab workers don't come to work. Your test result is handled in the most unprofessional manner. On Sundays, you may realise that you don't even have more than 3 doctors on duty taking care of the entire patients in the wards. It's a sad experience.

And the OP whom I suspect is not vast and experienced in the bad situation we find ourselves in this country, is attempting to hide the truth.

Idiot.

Sorry about your brother..student don't own patients they see and until you become a consultant you are a student. Be it an house officer, registrar, senior registrar. Each member of the team has a role..while medical student are in the ward to learn the art of medicine and see the things they were taught in class. The house officers are under the consultants but being guided by the registrars and SR to carry out the bidding of the consultants after ward rounds...and assist in clinics..the REGISTRARS AND SR ARE ALSO STUDENTS JUST THAT ONE MIGHT JUST BE IN THAT UNIT TEMPORARILY THE OTHER COULD ALSO BE THERE TEMPORARILY COULD BE FROM ANOTHER INSTITUTION COS THAT UNIT ISNT IN HIS 1° INSTITUTION but they are usually more experienced in the unit cos most cases in that field they are involved in mgt so they are more experienced. And work hand in hand with the consultants. Most consultants trust their judgement more except the terrible ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Goodoldays(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2023
So because you went to hospital and got treated under 4hours by a doctor of decades experience…what about insecurities ravaging the country,hunger,inflation,nepotism,bribery upto the federal level

It’s a shame that you have to post your pictures,such a grown man celebrating a treatment in a hospital you paid for with your own money,so it’s now a luxury to you.It’s you that the joke is on,shame!
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Paretomaster1(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Some degree of sanity still abound mostly in the North , I remember around 2010 when I need to d an EGG, both private, and public hospital in Lagos are asking for between 10k-25k, fortunately for me an assignment took me to Sokoto within same period, so someone advice I do it there, I went to their teaching Hospital UDUTH, I myself can't believe how much they demand....

500 naira shocked shocked He shock me no be small...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Paretomaster1(m): 9:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Taiwo20:
Also note that the healthcare service delivery and cost in the North is different from that of the south
because we are greedy down here..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Hanndye: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2023
Kudos to the North, they always have their own backs after all. Unlike our Yolubas, decieving and betraying their own people most of the time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by tofolo(m): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

You are lucky.

What people go through to get treatment in government hospital's is really not funny.

The health workers are really overwhelmed and overworked too. A single doctor attending to somany patients within few hours.

People even go as far as sorting some worker's before they see doctor's.

Most patients even go home without seeing doctors,and the date of appointment is almost a week or two weeks,so what then happens to such patients?.

Health sector need to be given serious attention in Nigeria. We lack a lot of modern medical equipment in Nigeria.

Can you imagine that almost all the hospital in Nigeria don't have a robotic physiotherapy mechine.

It's only when you have health challenge that you will know how bad the situation is in Nigeria.
Dont mind him, let him come to Barau Dikko Specia;ist hospital Kaduna and Sabo General Hospital. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by bdon123(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2023
Estello:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0FJ7gYhfZSeTHmznE1xFbNZLbcCND1c88FgcZvSQzku2sSujbt4VjxqGQJNPiQadUl&id=1144517016&mibextid=Nif5oz
So religion mst be mentioned?how abt u jst say decade of experience in orthopaedic surgery without necessary mentioning religion. Mind u m aware orthopaedic hospital kano is one of d best in d country wit well experienced hands.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by jaykay68(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2023
Estello:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0FJ7gYhfZSeTHmznE1xFbNZLbcCND1c88FgcZvSQzku2sSujbt4VjxqGQJNPiQadUl&id=1144517016&mibextid=Nif5oz
that hospital is one of the best hospitals in the country, l lived there for 20years during my youthful year, my dad worked there, they have very intelligent nurses and doctors, equipments are topnotch.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by jaykay68(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2023
Estello:

that hospital is one of the best hospitals in the country, l lived there for 20years during my youthful years, my dad worked there, they have very intelligent nurses and doctors, equipments are topnotch.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by dettolgel: 9:30am On Aug 30, 2023
NEIGHBOUR:

Bitterleaf people are coming in gradually.😂

Followed by ass licking people cheesy
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Angelfrost(m): 9:32am On Aug 30, 2023
Ballmer:
Millions from Abia Enugu etc

Millions across the nation... You shouldn't play ethnic cards with a nation's healthcare.

It makes no sense.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Jman06(m): 9:34am On Aug 30, 2023
While I'm aware that public hospitals have the potentials of being the best when it comes to quality healthcare, your experience is an exception compared to the experiences of millions of Nigerians.

Alot of things are lacking in the system, both men and equipment
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by bigwig10(m): 9:43am On Aug 30, 2023
That one is up north,try it down south maybe you'll have same testimony though....
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Oju4190: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Go to any National orthopaedic hospital in any of the south south or south east state.....Then u will see the REAL Nigeria happening to u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Mccullum: 9:50am On Aug 30, 2023
My sister used Igbobi in Lagos, she appreciated treatment and caring given to her,

she's walking fine now with her leg that had broken bone and dislocation, there's

hope in Nigeria, meanwhile our challenges are societal trend that deeply induced by corruptions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by uuzba(m): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2023
chi-chi-chin chi!!!!

Drop your address and phone number here.
The day wahala burst, na your house we go come solve am.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by uchennamani(m): 9:53am On Aug 30, 2023
Estello:

This is good. Kudos to the doctors and the institution over there.

My case was totally different at the Enugu Orthopedic Hospital. It was hell.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Tsufyaan: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Paretomaster1:
Some degree of sanity still abound mostly in the North , I remember around 2010 when I need to d an EGG, both private, and public hospital in Lagos are asking for between 10k-25k, fortunately for me an assignment took me to Sokoto within same period, so someone advice I do it there, I went to their teaching Hospital UDUTH, I myself can't believe how much they demand....

500 naira shocked shocked He shock me no be small...

I believe you either meant EEG or ECG and not EGG and the truth is 2010 and you were being charged that much? Abeg that's a big fat lie for you not to even give us an exact figure self no make your comment trustworthy. Thanks boss..
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by Tsufyaan: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2023
MrRhymes101:
You're lucky it's not the national orthopedic hospital (igbobi) in Lagos. I had a terrible experience there late last year when I had a car accident, it was so bad i had to transfer to Ikeja medical center. Una d enjoy government benefits for north sha

Please share your experience for us to learn. Thank you.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by BennyDGreat: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2023
Litmus:
In none emergency instances, thousands (assumption) of UK nationals travel to mainland Europe hospitals for treatment due to increasing NHS dissatisfaction. If you're a well travelled Nigerian on the continent, what West Africa nation would you advise Nigerians to visit for better health care experience and outcomes ?

Ghana
Cape Verde
Burkina Faso
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by membranus: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Moyinoluwa35:
You are just lucky to access the hospital at that time, Nigeria is really facing hell in the hand of vultures masquerading as leaders but one day will be one day when the unthinkable will happen.

The "unthinkable" have been happening in Nigeria from the inception, from military coups to political party regimes, so what has changed?
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by membranus: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2023
Nightwolf1:
This one is speaking for himself. Come to UPTH in Rivers State and see the madness going on there. Infact, don't ever dream of taking an emergency situation to UPTH because right there in your presence that patient would be gone.

Some idiots are simply making it look like the situation is anything to write about. Our public health care system is absolute rubbish.

I almost had an altercation with a medical doctor in the manner they handled my brother's case. Different doctors coming to examine his health condition and prescribe different drugs. Most times you end up purchasing the same drugs twice. There is no due diligence. It's an apocalyptic situation when student doctors are involved. sad

On Saturdays, lab workers don't come to work. Your test result is handled in the most unprofessional manner. On Sundays, you may realise that you don't even have more than 3 doctors on duty taking care of the entire patients in the wards. It's a sad experience.

And the OP whom I suspect is not vast and experienced in the bad situation we find ourselves in this country, is attempting to hide the truth.

Idiot.

"Idiot". Why does it have to end in insult. If his hospital experience is different from yours, is it his fault, or your governors? So why vending your anger on him instead of your corrupt and uncaring state rulers?

Learn to mend your manners, it pays, even in an anonymous forum like Nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by nedekid: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2023
It works. The issue is if you have the time.
I visited lasuth for dental issues. Had to wait to spend virtually the whole day to do scalling and polishing. The whole process cost me about 10k including the mandatory mouthwash I had to buy from them. Though the service was the best I have ever had.
I then spent the whole of the second day waiting to do a scan and see a consultant. The scan price was reasonable. The consultant and quality of service was first class.
The bill was roughly 600k. I had to delay the procedure till when I am financially ready. Outside such procedure would cost minimum 1m.
The issue is time due to the crowd.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by dovee69: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2023
Congratulations, that's in Kano where they have human sympathy. In Abuja you will die before you see a doctor.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by HRMK: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2023
congratulations to the FGN AND EVERY NIGERIAN!MORE OF SUCH GOOD NEWS!!
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by slowice(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2023
It works obviously but not for the majority... Your experience doesn't invalidates the experience of others.

I am happy it worked out good for you... We still have a long way to go.
Re: Nigerian Shares His Experience At National Orthopaedic Hospital, Kano by PlsStayAlive: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
phemmyfour:
Kano happened to you not Nigeria . How many people in the North believe in going to hospital at all
You're talking about 1900s North bro.
20s North is in the future regardless of the bias propaganda y'all see on this side of your internet. Wisen up and live easier ✌️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano / COVID-19 Update For December 11 2020 In Nigeria / Gombe Boy Can't Urinate After He Was Hit By Hit & Run Driver (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.