Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano (17365 Views)

Italian Coronavirus Index Patient In Lagos Attempts To Escape From Quarantine / Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks / 11.6kg Skin Removed From The Body Of A Cosmetic Surgery Patient In Lagos (Graphi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by BlackBuhari: 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2020
Coronavirus: Our Index Case has recovered and thereby discharged

A Special Broadcast on Covid-19 by the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency, Chief Willie Obiano on Wednesday, April 22, 2020 to Update Ndi Anambra on the Latest Development.

Ndi Anambra, I am here to give you an update you on our fight against the Covid-19 pandemic in Anambra State.

In my last address to you on Saturdy April 18, 2020, I informed you that the first post treatment test of the Covid-19 Index Case in Anambra State had returned negative. Today, I am delighted to tell you that the second test on our Index Case has also returned negative. Following the NCDC protocol on Covid-19, therefore, I have asked the Commissioner of Health to discharge him from our Protective Care Center. We have also made some arrangements to decontaminate his home to ensure that there is no further incident.

Update on Contact Tracing:

Following the good news we have received on our Index Case, we have submitted the samples of the 36 remaining people that had direct contact with him for testing. This is to ensure that we do not leave any loopholes in our fight against this pandemic. I will keep you posted on the outcome of the tests once the results are out.

Re-Strengthening our Strategies against Covid-19:

Ndi Anambra, I must commend your resilience, your patience and your cooperation so far in this fight against Coronavirus. However, the danger is not over yet. I count on your support and commitment as we race to the finishing line. To ensure that we are firmly on track, here are the things we must pay attention to –

 All our boundaries with neighbouring states remain completely closed. Only people on essential services and haulage trucks with essential commodities are allowed passage after a stringent check and confirmation by the security personnel at the boundaries.

 From today onwards, it has become compulsory to wear a face mask in Anambra State. Anyone who is seen outside his home without a face mask shall be guilty of breaking the Anambra State Protocol on Covid-19. This principle shall be enforced by all Traditional rulers, Religious Leaders, the Presidents General, Women Leaders, Market Association Leaders, Youth Association Leaders and every community leader that has influence on our people. We encourage our people to make their own masks to ensure availability of masks. However, polyester and polythene materials must not be used in making masks.

 Food markets in Anambra State are to open only on Tuesdays and Fridays. Traders and customers in these markets must always maintain the principles of Social Distancing during the transaction process.

 The wholesale medical drug market (Ndi Ogbo Ogwu) in Onitsha is permitted to open only on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please note that any stores/shops located in the markets not dealing on food items or medical drugs remain closed. The security agents have been directed to ensure a rigorous enforcement.

 Transport operators, banks and other businesses are expected to assist in the enforcement of Mask Wearing by insisting that their customers wear a mask as a pre-condition for service.

 All intercity/intra-community transits remain closed.

 All motor parks in the State remain closed.

 We also encourage our people to maintain the globally accepted Covid-19 protocol of regular hand-washing, regular use of hand-sanitizers and other social-distancing rules that I have repeatedly communicated in my previous addresses.

Ndi Anambra are advised to contact the Anambra State Public Health Emergency Operation Center immediately (PHEOC) once they feel unwell. The PHEOC numbers are 09034728047. 08117567363,09034668319, 08163594310,08145434416. WhatsApp: 09033605959. SMS: 09074285546

Appreciation of Donors.

Ndi Anambra I am delighted to acknowledge that our people have continued to respond to our appeal for help and have been making donations to the Covid-19 Special Fund. I am most grateful to you all for your kind support both to the state and to the various communities. Ndi Anambra that is the spirit that will see us through this trying period. We shall keep updating the list of donors to ensure that no one is left out or denied due recognition.

You may visit www.absradiotv.com for details.

Appreciation of Healthcare Workers:

Before I end this address, I must not fail to commend our irrepressible healthcare workers who are the only army we have in this special war. These are brilliant men and women who keep sleepless nights that we may sleep with both eyes closed. On behalf of the good people of Anambra State, I thank you for standing strong for us all.

Ndi Anambra, we have come a long way on this journey, but we still have some distance left to cover. Let’s all apply ourselves to the task at hand and save the days for ourselves and for our children and their unborn children

It shall be well with Anambra State!

God bless Anambra State

God bless Nigeria

Dalunu

Willie Obiano
Governor

Source: https://web.facebook.com/WillieObiano/posts/2419716004915778?__tn__=K-R

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by BlackBuhari: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
We are waiting !!!

On Friday i dey enter Abakaliki Street

4 Likes

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by mignone(f): 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ok o, wish them luck but they shouldn't rejoice too much lest their joy be cut short. Hope they've got their borders 'closed' too (since members of d NPF av taken over frm NURTW), before 'exportation' of new case(s) happens. They shd also watch out for d contacts of d so-called recovered patient.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Waterypussy2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2020
Better for the bleached governor since he is waiting for 1billion from the federal government

5 Likes

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Ninethmare: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2020
Sharp sharp?
This one is corona virus made in Main market

Anyways Anambra is God's own state.

Where Odumeje base?
Who born you corona
who you be
Idaboski
I am the liquid metal

Nothing mega

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Area4Area: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2020
BlackBuhari:
We are waiting !!!

On Friday i dey enter Abakaliki Street
Nothing go happen, lockdown continues. No try Obiano o

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by DanseMacabre(m): 7:59pm On Apr 22, 2020
Lol I no even see anything about testing. Obiano na joker. Wetin you come dey lockdown for

1 Like

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Cutefergieee: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ok
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by barrypro: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Good news
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by maxiuc(m): 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
cheesy
Someone who was never positive from day one

Anambra case was a lie

NCDC Don turn business

This their only opportunity to loot

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by baillers123: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Igbo amaka. I forbid the sickness in totality. The children of God shall pass tru this pandemic victoriously.. For igbos, bear in mind that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is very much alive n active

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by emmabest2000(m): 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Free movement in Anambra twice a week
Tuesday and Friday , some people will use this opportunity run from onitsha down to their village even with bike before hunger strikes them down grin

It is well !!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Dottore: 8:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
There shouldn't be any celebration about this whatsoever. The truth is that the actual figure of Covid19 cases in Nigeria are under reported because the ratio of tests are far from being commensurate with what could have been termed near adequate.
A lot of people are already carriers but as usual the blame goes to Typhoid and Malaria Parasite and they have resorted to taking self medication from pharmacy Stores and Chemist Shops while others are actually gulping the popular "Agbo" and all manner of herbal concoctions.
By the time our government realizes this and stops playing politics with the pandemic, the cases in USA will be a child's play.
God save us all

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Sonnobax15(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
tongue Point of correction,the only audio covid19 patient in anambra has been discharged..
btw,chebi it was the same patient that said he didn't test positive??

1 Like

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Good news
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Elkiko(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
Awesome
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by aaamos(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
kiss
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Akube1z: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
I like governor obiano. He is very serious and he cares for his people.

1 Like

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by majamajic(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
We don't joke in Anambra
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Babatunde40(m): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
The man was never Covid19 positive

7 Likes

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by fujirice: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
I’ve always known that man doesn’t have Corona Virus.

4 Likes

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Lovelyn451(f): 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
My state, the only honest state in Nigeria not Lagos that is adding figures everyday because of money...tchew

All the dead covid 19 patients in Lagos don't have identities, no family or relations to confirm the incident. 150 people dead and buried in kano, we don't know where, when or who they are...bloody liars

4 Likes

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
Obiano, Anambra people are well-traveled. Fish them out and don't cover up, before your case becomes a replica of kano's. Seek help now

1 Like

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by Infogetong(f): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
As good as the news sounds, I don't believe the right figures are been reported here.

During the lockdown,  here's a little gig for you if you don't mind making 1k per signup you get.  Register at http://top.infobet.tech/P2 and refer to http://top.infobet.tech/setup for set up instructions.
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by PHIPEX(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Good news, we expect similar one from other states.
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by starbuck(f): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
So from the write up, we don't have hope of the Lockdown been lifted next week cry cry
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by ehhmah(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
grin

Hungry men wants to return to their businesses.
I just hope it isn’t counterproductive..

Corona Virus is f**king real.
Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by majamajic(m): 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Waterypussy2:
Better for the bleached governor since he is waiting for 1billion from the federal government

Waiting keee !

We value lives

1 Like

Re: The Only COVID-19 Patient In Anambra Discharged - Governor Obiano by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
The truth is that there was never a case in Anambra. Everyone is just calling figures so as to get a share of the government relief allocation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sperm Donation, Is It Bad? / Visionscape Distributes New Waste Bins To Homes And Offices In Lagos / COVID-19 Update For December 11 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.