Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,005 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover (44216 Views)

Update: No Military Takeover In Zimbabwe - Says Zimbabwe Defence Forces (Video) / Military Takeover: What Zimbabwe Looks Like Today (Photos) / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Timmi: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pierocash:
:Pwhere is this one crawling out from, do you have comprehension issue?

Please this post is not for illiterates to comment on

In your ObiZombie mind, you inferred that if the judiciary didn’t rule in favor of the third class graduate that came in third in an election, then there should be a coup. It’s foolhardy of you to even think that not to even go ahead and verbalize it. Your missive says a lot and it showed your lack of comprehension.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by davidtemi(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:

Nobody know what the outcome of military take over will result to... some western African country under military takeover since 3 or 2 years ago hasn't become canada or the US... so don't get your hopes high...

The country has been damaged beyond.. and it will take years to fix it...
Truth
Another hard truth is... the country can not be good again
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by tope777(m): 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
MT:
Those of you foaming in the mouth and calling for coup do not learn history.

Decree will take over and the constitution will be suspended. So tell me what rights do you have,?

Looting will be on a scale you have never witnessed. Nigeria will be set years back. A case study of Abacha is still fresh in our mind.

I doubt if any of you ever experienced military regime. African can evolve their own brands of democracy but definitely military regime is a no no. The military contributed immensely to the problem we are facing today.

The worst of democracy is better than the best of Military regime.
I can argue with you that military coup is better than the civilian coup we called democracy in Africa.
Many of Nigeria Road still functioning today were buid by military regime including our refineries.
All the project from inception of democracy in Nigeria since 1999 are either substandard or abandoned before completion.
Maintaining civilian administration is too costly too ....
And in some part of Africa it has become family business.
Fact remains that Africa not yet ripe for democracy.

Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Fearyourcreator: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pierocash:
This is to tell you how African citizens are fast embracing military juntas who they once detest, but now accepting them back. Because he that is down fears no fall. No military regime can be worse than what we currently have as civilian governments.

The first true attribute of democracy is the ability to elect leaders of our choice, but no, they rig elections, unleash thugs on people they perceive not as their supporters, beat up electorates, snatch ballot boxes even with the help of security agents, write results and announce it. And expect you to accept that as democracy , and tell you it is better than military government. If this is what they call democracy, sane African societies are telling them they will rather accept military government.

If the judiciary does not restore confidence , I am afraid for Nigeria, the whole world may soon read same story on headlines of various media outlets just like Mali, Guinea, Niger, and now Gabon , even though we do not wish for such
You talking as if those country were better with the military... Yeye
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by TalkingBird: 1:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
New world must come and the whole world will come under the rulership of the divinely selected ruler.

That's the only solution to the global human rulership challenge
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Nnefada: 1:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
E remain for Nigerians to rejoice. God abeg
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by donleo92(m): 1:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
atobs4real:
Go to court
atikulated are already in court
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by donleo92(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pascal9:
obingo did not win
I never said he won..
but I strongly think atiku won
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by asanausana91: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
One day if these politicians no change, hmmm.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by kcbaba007: 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
This might be Nigeria's case if the judiciary refuses to do right.... Reclaim the mandate of the people from the vote robbers and chronic kleptomaniacs
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by atobs4real(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
donleo92:

atikulated are already in court
Join them.
It will carry weight
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by TrumpDonald2: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2023
decatalyst:
Many are tired of the so called democracy.

The old, cruel, and covetous politicians are to blame.

And the stupid fools (especially those on nairaland) that are supporting this rubbish.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Tflex01: 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
LagosPrince:

Says a coward 😂

Cowards that did not let your "brave" fathers and uncles vote during governorship election in Lagos. cheesy grin

grin
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by int0x80(m): 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2023
African leaders have failed, perhaps coup is the new democracy! If only Nigerian military had some balls! Bunch of cowards!
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by blaise26abj(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
Pascal9:
was endsars not ethnicise, didn't Yoruba people said igbos are destroying their land , didn't the north stage a counter protest, ok military is your hope, slow poke wake up

Why the abuse ? Since you lack manners and poorly trained , go look for someone else to direct unnecessary insult .
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Lamasta(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
Africa shall and must be liberated from civilian thieves masquerading as leaders

1 Like

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Sleekfingers: 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2023
LagosPrince:
Nigeria should be next Insha allah

It can never happen in Nigeria. I repeat never
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Xkale1996(m): 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
donleo92:
A big Congratulations to the people of Gabon.

This is a serious warning to the Nigerian judiciary that all eyes are on them. The masses ain't happy, nobody is smiling at all. And for Reno omokri that like attacking the obidient movement I just dey pity am. He doesn't know he is gradually losing relevance.

N/b. Am a strong atikulated personality. I honestly don't have anything against Tinubu, what am against is the process that brought him into power. I think it was corrupt
I voted for Atiku but military coup will be the best
All our leaders fail us

1 Like

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by 2gbasky22(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Congrats 2 the people of Gabon.
Government of the people by the people & for the people. The masses are happy in Gabon.

Those who seize internet connectivity in the middle of a national election in Gabon are the real devils. Anti people civilian coup plotters. They shld all be arrested

Them same way those who caused imaginary glitches on the BVAS on election should also be jailed for life
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by sammyonal: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
MT:

I stopped reading when I got to the bolded. Abacha that was touted as one of the worst head of states, who literally ruined Nigeria single handedly was the same person you were singing his praises.

So much for a critic
WetiN that one know, abacha wey die wey Nigerians dey jubilate like say we win world cup. Some times when I see comments I read and ignore because some comments by some people can give u headache.

1 Like

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Rossikk(m): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
Abifarin16:

If in a democratic setting, people can be power hugs, imagine what will happen in under military. Elections will not even hold in a coup setting so their is no hope of power changing hand.

However this is a Reflection of African democracy, it is inherent in Africans to want to hold on to power. Why don't we practice a semi constitutional monarchy like most Arabian Monarchy. Have a Monarch, as a traditional head, then elect Prime Ministers.

We in Afrika just need to sit down and iron out a new political system that is rooted in African realities and not imported.

Once we do that, we’ll be able to come up with a system that can allow us progress peacefully.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by infofta(m): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
LagosPrince:

Wike rigged election for Tinubu in River state and was rewarded with Minister of Abuja.
We know what ElRufai and his colleagues did in the North.

Why are we tolerating this in Nigeria.
How did we get here?

The next protest in Nigeria will be in front of Defense headquarter and all military barracks across the country.
All these few recycled politicians recolonizing Nigerians economically must end.

Enough is enough.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by infofta(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
donleo92:
A big Congratulations to the people of Gabon.

This is a serious warning to the Nigerian judiciary that all eyes are on them. The masses ain't happy, nobody is smiling at all. And for Reno omokri that like attacking the obidient movement I just dey pity am. He doesn't know he is gradually losing relevance.

N/b. Am a strong atikulated personality. I honestly don't have anything against Tinubu, what am against is the process that brought him into power. I think it was corrupt

Wike rigged election for Tinubu in River state and was rewarded with Minister of Abuja.

How did we get here?

The next protest in Nigeria will be in front of Defense headquarter and all military barracks across the country.
All these few recycled politicians recolonizing Nigerians economically must end.

Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by okewumi: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
Airlohim:
AU and ECOWAS can go fuk themselves!

Africans, it's time to take your destiny in your own hands. The whole world is leaving us behind!!

Mumu. Military will allow u to take destiny? You know nothing. No investors bring their money because of government instabillity dur to coup. I pity u

1 Like

Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Greatestkidb: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
okewumi:

Mumu. Military will allow u to take destiny? You know nothing. No investors bring their money because of government instabillity dur to coup. I pity u
Very true sir. Some people don't know this, even their citizens there. Why'll u be hailing a military government. Their eyes will soon clear
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by victory36(m): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
MT:

I stopped reading when I got to the bolded. Abacha that was touted as one of the worst head of states, who literally ruined Nigeria single handedly was the same person you were singing his praises.

So much for a critic
under Abacha, inflation was at an all time low. He managed the economy much better than the others. He was just very authoritorian.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by donleo92(m): 9:39pm On Aug 30, 2023
[quote author=atobs4real post=125463251] Join them. It will carry weight[/quote
The court is not in session.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by HoneySwag(f): 9:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
Omg! I'm so happy for them! This is Victory worth celebrating! Freedom at last!
I pray for God's wisdom upon the military leaders to teach them and put them through in the best way to govern the nation. I pray that this regime favours the people 🙏
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Baatunde(m): 9:29am On Aug 31, 2023
In your dream, you and your cohorts prayer of “ if we can’t have it lets destroy it” will not work for Nigeria

LagosPrince:
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Baatunde(m): 9:43am On Aug 31, 2023
You still dey on this your ALL EYES ON THE JUDICIARY rubbish. When your fake ‘Men of God’ were misleading the faithfuls with fake prophecies you never thought of ALL EYES ON THE CLERGY. We know you people never wish well for NIgeria , all you want is to get the Presidcency at all cost and if not make we kuku destroy everything.

Na today military start taking over in Africa? Even then which of the military regimes have ever outperformed the civilians they sent packing, tell us anyone of those you know. I do not support the stupid idea of hereditary presidency or presidency for life , nevertheless, military coup is not the answer.

For your information, the same military that are taking over in Gabon just now have been the ones propping up the Bongo family for years and it is the same for most other dictators.

OBIDIENTNAIJA:
Nice one. You can't impose your lanky self against the WILL of the people.

PEPT better take some lessons here. African have finally woken up to realise the West are using the corrupt criminals like Ebola Ahmed Thiéfnubu and his likes to steal our commenwealth and use it to develop their countries while bringing in little as Aides Rubbish.

ALL EYES ON THE JUDICIARY.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by Baatunde(m): 9:58am On Aug 31, 2023
I hope you are personally leading the protest, dont just be forming on social media, put your words into action.

infofta:

How did we get here?

Enough is enough.
Re: Gabon Residents Hail Soldiers, Celebrate Military Takeover by DonroxyII: 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
I'm not and will never be in support of military rule...

But to think that some african leaders still hold onto power even in democracy for years as if it is a monarchical system is baffling....

Africans deserve better than the type of selfish leaders we've been punished with..
Your Leaders are From You thus You Don't Deserve better than Your Own Norms & Value systems Except Connected to Advanced Norms ....

Nevertheless, An Average African is Quite Greedy, Abusive & Stingy Not to talk of Wickedness, Beasty & Evil .... We are Very Good in Fake Greetings, Smiles wey no touch Belle, Dancing & Music when our Bad Behaviours Catched Up With Us & Depressed Us ... Music Yaff Started & Enemies Shaming grin ... Imagine Person Wey dey Do himself/Herself started Casting Enemies/Demons But Would Never-Ever Blame Herself/Himself For Any Wraths He Caused Unto Himself with His Own Hands.

My Own Problem is the Hypocrisy from Hypocrites... a Corrupt Pastor Condemning Corrupt Politicians But God knows how e tey dey cast Fake People ....

Most Africans ain't Real ... Our Leaders ain't real from Democratic to Military ... Most of them are Puppets of Colonialists For Support against their Fellow Brothers....

Such was the fate of our ancestors such was our fate today ... The Real Problems are the colonialists & if we don't step up to take our resources from them, We ain't going no where..

Burkinfaso Junta Ran from France into the Hands of Russia grin ... I laugh in Spannish cheesy.. Russia will also take over Burkinafaso & Do Businesses till You run to China & You shall Eventually Run Back to France after US, UK had their Turn grin .....

..... Our Cultures responsible for producing our Leaders must be tweaked to accommodate Contemporary Realities ... Africans are too stubborn to teach & Used to Abuses & Bastardising all Good things!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mariupol Residents Suffer As Russian Forces Lay Siege (Photos) / Leave The US If You Are Not Happy - Trump To Congresswomen Of Foreign Descent / Man Beheads 70-Year-Old Farmer In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.