Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) (29892 Views)

An Open Letter To Tinubu By Femi Fani-Kayode (FFK) / Trump's Acquittal: Femi Fani-Kayode FFK Reacts / Meet Oluwaremilekun Nanadjoa Rachael Fani-Kayode. FFK's Daughter (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Racoon(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
This video grab taken from Gabon 24 shows Gabonese soldiers appearing on television on August 30, 2023 announcing they were “putting an end to the current regime” and the cancellation of an election that, according to official results, President Ali Bongo Ondimba won.

During the announcement, AFP journalists heard gunfire ring out in the Gabonese capital, Libreville. While announcing the cancellation of the results one of the soldiers announced the dissolution of “all the institutions of the republic”.

“We have decided to defend peace by putting an end to the current regime”, one of the soldiers said on TV channel Gabon 24, adding that he was speaking on behalf of the “Committee for the Transition and Restoration of Institutions”.

“To this end, the general elections of 26 August 2023 and the truncated results are cancelled,” he added. “All the institutions of the republic are dissolved: the government, the Senate, the National Assembly and the Constitutional Court,” he added, announcing the closure of the country’s borders “until further notice”. Among the soldiers were members of the Republican Guard as well as soldiers of the regular army and police officers

Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, has said that there will be more coups in the French-speaking West and Central African countries near future. Fani-Kayode said this on following a coup that was staged in Gabon to topple the democratic government of President Ali Bongo, who has been in power since 2009

Bongo was announced as the winner of the presidential election in the West African country on Saturday, having fulfilled a two-thirds victory at the polls. The Gabonese military officers who were dissatisfied with Bongo’s family’s 53-year rule in power overthrew him on Wednesday.  Twelve soldiers appeared on national television to announce an end to Bongo’s rule in Gabon

Reacting to the incident which was the latest in the military takeovers spreading in the Sahel region, Fani-Kayode said this will in Africa, until the stakeholders heed the warning he gave on his previous essay titled: ‘Does Killing Nigerien Babies Bring Glory To Our Name?’

In the article, the ex-minister condemned the cut of power supplies to Niger by the federal government which is adversely affecting the hospitals, and leading to the deaths of babies as pregnant women give birth. He also criticised the influence of France on Francophone African nations, which has been leading to coups.

[b]Fani-Kayode made these known via his X page on Wednesday morning, stressing that he was not surprised about the coup. He wrote, “BREAKING NEWS: Sadly another coup has taken place in Africa

This time it is in the nation of Gabon where President Ali Bongo (pictured below), who together with his late father Alhaj Bongo, had been in power for the last 53 years has been toppled and removed from office.[/b]

It appears that the warning I gave in my last essay, titled ‘Does Killing Nigerien Babies Bring Glory To Our Name?’, was prophetic. I am not surprised that this has happened and frankly we should expect more coups in the Francophone countries of West and Central Africa for the reasons I stated in that essay.
I wonder whether ECOWAS or the African Union will threaten to invade Gabon as well?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/gabon-expect-more-coups-in-africa-ffk/amp/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Racoon(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
All these dementia and Alzheimer's disease plagued sit-tight power drunk autocratic leaders are the bane of African continent. Imagine the last Nigerian presidential election that was roundly condemned by the EU, Chatham House, YIGAR, was what ECOWAS called a free, fair and credible election?

Imagine the urine- leaking Gabonese, Nigerian and Cameroonian presidents involved in criminal capture of state. ECOWAS, AU and even the UNGA will simply turn blind eyes yet expects the continent not to be politically unstable? They are all criminally mad.I guess the message is still being passed. Do anyhow, you see anyhow.

161 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Salvador1: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
It appears that the warning I gave in my last essay, titled ‘Does Killing Nigerien Babies Bring Glory To Our Name?’, was prophetic. I am not surprised that this has happened and frankly we should expect more coups in the Francophone countries of West and Central Africa for the reasons I stated in that essay.
I wonder whether ECOWAS or the African Union will threaten to invade Gabon as well?”

Breakfast has been served in ffk inner room.
They have thrown this hediot out of a speeding train.

118 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Racoon(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
“It appears that the warning I gave in my last essay, titled ‘Does Killing Nigerien Babies Bring Glory To Our Name?’, was prophetic. I wonder whether ECOWAS or the African Union will threaten to invade Gabon as well?”
FFK have ditched the heroin balabloo-blu-bulava baron. The silence of the north in this unfolding drama is defeaning calculative. The marriage is on the brink of shattering now. Meanwhile;

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Racoon(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Salvador1:
Somebody is hungry
I dey tell you.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by yinkus6750(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
Only in French African Countries?
Talk more or sharap jor

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Racoon(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
“We have decided to defend peace by putting an end to the current regime. To this end, the general elections of 26 August 2023 and the truncated results are cancelled.

All the institutions of the republic are dissolved: the government, the Senate, the National Assembly and the Constitutional Court,” he added, announcing the closure of the country’s borders “until further notice”
“A government having forced itself into power in a similar way the putschist did in the Niger Republic, cannot be arrogating itself the honour to lead a puritan force against a sovereign nation. The process leading to any electoral activity is a lot more important than its outcome.

The processes that led to the 2023 general election were skewed, manipulated, and rigged. A government that came into office through such illegal means does not have the moral justification to begin to query a similar process perpetrated outside the shores of this country.

If the election is wantonly manipulated, a govt that emerged from such a process is similar to a military coup. A coup is actually where people extend their limit beyond what is being provided by the constitution. When you rig yourself into election, it is also a coup.

35 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by festacman(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
I am afraid for Cameroon, Togo and Equatorial Guinea because these countries ticks the vital boxes. Paul Biya, Eyedema and the fathead in Equatorial Guinea are sure undergoing tension now and I just hope that many suspected innocent army officers won't be proactively arrested and killed for nothing to prevent coup.

France slept too long on romancing with bad leaders to maintain status quo and 'peace' to facilitate the continued exploitation of former colonies that if failed to notice that realities of the time. France failed to rein in the Presidents of the Francophone countries after independence to AT LEAST do the right for their citizens and obey the constitution on terms of office. It has the implicit moral authority to pressure these African Presidents to grow the economy, which would have benefited France economy too in the long run. It allowed Félix Houphouët-Boigny of Ivory Coast to stay for too long. It looked away while Gnassingbé Eyadéma of Togo grow old in office and even handed to his son who is still in power. They pampered Ahmadou Ahidjo and later senile Paul Biya of Cameroon. It preferred to rather accept the helpless young citizens of these countries as migrants in France in continuation of its exploitative agenda. Stupid.

Even though Britain's policy through Commonwealth organization is mainly for prestige, it also failed to rein in the Presidents of the Anglophone countries to do the right thing for their citizens. It just stayed aloof while the economies of former colonies are mismanaged by their leaders and would rather house the fortunes which these selfish leaders stole from their countries. Sad.

In as much I believe that the Juntas are not any better than the politicians, my prayer is that this coup epidemic will force African leaders to wake up and smell the coffee.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Alchemy528: 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
Alright
Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by madridguy(m): 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2023
lipsrsealed

91 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
law
Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
Only francophone countries, not the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by BoldBrainz(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2023
Olasyke:
Only francophone countries, not the rest.

Rotten governance in the African continent seems to be no respecter of Lingual differences.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by 2BabaNairaland: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
I love this part of the military junta's speech.

For Nigeria, if the judiciary fails to do the right thing.... hmmmmm, I 4see it coming...
Racoon:
“We have decided to defend peace by putting an end to the current regime. To this end, the general elections of 26 August 2023 and the truncated results are cancelled,” he added. “All the institutions of the republic are dissolved: the government, the Senate, the National Assembly and the Constitutional Court,” he added, announcing the closure of the country’s borders “until further notice”

14 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Chinjo2: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
It will spread to other African countries where Civilian Coups have been the order of the day and votes of electorates not being respected.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by magoo10(m): 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
incidentally all the factors that gives room for these coups are presently witnessed in Nigeria.

you see black and you call it white then defend it with all your might,money and voices of sycophants .
as long injustice lingers it is inevitable.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Abufo: 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
festacman:
I am afraid for Cameroon, Togo and Equatorial Guinea because these countries ticks the vital boxes. Paul Biya, Eyedema and the fathead in Equatorial Guinea are sure undergoing tension now and I just hope that many suspected innocent army officers won't be proactively arrested and killed for nothing to prevent coup.

France slept too long on romancing with bad leaders to maintain status quo and 'peace' to facilitate the continued exploitation of former colonies that if failed to notice that realities of the time. France failed to rein in the Presidents of the Francophone countries after independence to AT LEAST do the right for their citizens and obey the constitution on terms of office. It has the implicit moral authority to pressure these African Presidents to grow the economy, which would have benefited France economy too in the long run. It allowed Félix Houphouët-Boigny of Ivory Coast to stay for too long. It looked away while Gnassingbé Eyadéma of Togo grow old in office and even handed to his son who is still in power. They pampered Ahmadou Ahidjo and later senile Paul Biya of Cameroon. It preferred to rather accept the helpless young citizens of these countries as migrants in France in continuation of its exploitative agenda. Stupid.

Even though Britain's policy through Commonwealth organization is mainly for prestige, it also failed to rein in the Presidents of the Anglophone countries to do the right thing for their citizens. It just stayed aloof while the economies of former colonies are mismanaged by their leaders and would rather house the fortunes which these selfish leaders stole from their countries. Sad.

In as much I believe that the Juntas are not any better than the politicians, my prayer is that this coup epidemic will force African leaders to wake up and smell the coffee.

when will you understand that the European powers are the ones engineering the crisis of bad governments in Africa.....when good leaders arise somehow they do not las long in power......but the dictatorial ones sit in power for ages! who killed Lumumba,Sankara,muritala etc Africans need to understand that Europe is heavily invested in African remaining poor!

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by WesternPanzer: 5:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
Abufo:

when will you understand that the European powers are the ones engineering the crisis of bad governments in Africa.....when good leaders arise somehow they do not las long in power......but the dictatorial ones sit in power for ages! who killed Lumumba,Sankara,muritala etc Africans need to understand that Europe is heavily invested in African remaining poor!

This is so true. They do this so as to continue exploiting Africans and using them as cheap labour.

Very heartless, wicked set of humans beings. I have lived with them for long and I can authoritatively tell you that they are the ones heavily invested in Africa remaining poor.

The day Africa wakes up is the day Africa will realise that Africa is the richest continent in the world.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2023
Salvador1:

It appears that the warning I gave in my last essay, titled ‘Does Killing Nigerien Babies Bring Glory To Our Name?’, was prophetic. I am not surprised that this has happened and frankly we should expect more coups in the Francophone countries of West and Central Africa for the reasons I stated in that essay.

Breakfast has been served in ffk inner room.
They have thrown this hediot out of a speeding train.

African Union? Maybe
ECOWAS? NO.

Gabon is part of ECCAS. Economic Community of Central African States.

1 Like

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Ibrahimcoomasie: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2023
magoo10:
incidentally all the factors that gives room for these coups are presently witnessed in Nigeria.

you see black and you call it white then defend it with all your might,money and voices of sycophants .
as long injustice lingers it is inevitable.
False equivalency.
Has any family held on to power in Nigeria for 53 years?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
I thought the Useless agbadorians say it's only Obidients that say this?

12 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
festacman:

Problem is that none of these leaders worked for his people. None. Ghadaffi that worked for his people got killed. Useless agbadorians whose culture encourages slavery would wish they continue in power. I just watched LGA Chiarmen in OGUN state worshipping their governor and I shook my head. No wonder they would always beg for one Nigeria

16 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Lastmessenger2: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ffk has turned ipob wailer and obedient according to Ronu miscreants

17 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Pakute: 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
It is none of my business if Army kicked out an ibo president in Gabon.

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by magoo10(m): 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

False equivalency.
Has any family held on to power in Nigeria for 53 years?
you want to start argument or what?
people like you brag over the fact that a particular family can go away with illegality knowing fully well he can afford to buy judges to give him favourable judgement and when he gets there he embezzles resources meant for the people while sycophants continue to cheer him.

he mustn't rule for 53years he can as well convert states resources to his family to the detrimental of the people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by oglalasioux(m): 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
FFK has joined el Rufai in the club of used and dumped. He is testing the mike.

There’s nothing as dangerous as a hungry FFK. Hope APC finds him what to do before it’s too late.

14 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by tishbite42: 6:09pm On Aug 30, 2023
The gods must be crazy in Nigeria
Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Kukutenla: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
Lol
For food kid
He's still still speaking in parables looking for the right moment to strike

2 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by Goodvibes007: 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
He is right about it happening in Francophone countries.

oglalasioux:
FFK has joined el Rufai in the club of used and dumped. He is testing the mike.

There’s nothing as dangerous as a hungry FFK. Hope APC finds him what to do before it’s too late.
APC knows how to cage him. This is not the first time he is in opposition. Did he not even insult Tinubu several times.

Racoon:
“A government having forced itself into power in a similar way the putschist did in the Niger Republic, cannot be arrogating itself the honour to lead a puritan force against a sovereign nation. The process leading to any electoral activity is a lot more important than its outcome.

The processes that led to the 2023 general election were skewed, manipulated, and rigged. A government that came into office through such illegal means does not have the moral justification to begin to query a similar process perpetrated outside the shores of this country.

If the election is wantonly manipulated, a govt that emerged from such a process is similar to a military coup. A coup is actually where people extend their limit beyond what is being provided by the constitution. When you rig yourself into election, it is also a coup.

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by mariovito(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
Y'all will say FFK is ipob too?

8 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by israelmao(m): 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
Is Gabon created for only the Bongo family?Omar Bongo ruled for 42years and his son who has just been overthrown has ruled for 14years,African leaders are power-drunk and power-greedy even the just-concluded presidential election in Gabon was said to have been fraudulent just as Emilokan staged a political putsch against the will of the majority of Nigerians in the last presidential election in connivance with INEC.

10 Likes

Re: Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) by fourboys: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Mad man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PEOPLE DONATING 5 BILLION , 4 BILLION IN PDP FUND RAISING DINNER / ‘We No Dey Give Shishi’, Keyamo Mocks Obidients Fighting Over Money / Police Launches "Smartforce" Database Management System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.