Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare (1554 Views)

Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare / I’m ‘Sweating’ Over High Cost Of Diesel – Obasanjo Laments / Nigerians Cry Out Over High Cost Of Cooking Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by stephendinks: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
The upcoming launch of the Blue Line rail system in Lagos has sparked mixed reactions among citizens due to its steep cost of N750 per trip. Abimbola Akinajo, the Managing Director of the Lagos Metropolitan Transport Authority (LAMATA), announced that the rail system is set to commence operations on September.........

https://ratecaptain.com/blue-line-rail-launch-in-lagos-sparks-concerns-over-high-n750-fare/
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by updatechange(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2023
Abeg mk dem reduce it to150

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Ballmer: 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Ballmer: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
The day any ipob or Obidient step foot on this train is the day I will believe indeed the ipob tribe is the most foolish tribe on the face of Earth though Uwazirike declared so before but I do not believe so. I am w aiting patiently for Ipob not to enter train that was being pushed with hand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by KnowAll(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
They should have a day travel card of maybe 500.00 for the whole day.

4 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Timoleon(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
Why? Is that how much they pay in the west?
KnowAll:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by KnowAll(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timoleon:

U pay according to your economy. U don’t expect what they pay in china and India to anywhere what we pay in the uk

3 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Roger3D(m): 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2023
A good palliative from the government would have been to subsidize the transport sector especially in Lagos and Abuja instead of the small rice and oil handouts they're giving.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by christistruth01: 4:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
KnowAll:

Excellent idea

It should be valid for BRT too for the day

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Timoleon(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
Who decides that our economy should fix it at 500? What indices would we use to do an empirical analysis and comparism?
KnowAll:

U pay according to your economy. U don’t expect what they pay in china and India to anywhere what we pay in the uk

2 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Khyrvxjzy: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
KnowAll:

answer simple question

in the west do you pay per trip or per day?
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Parachoko: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
Roger3D:
A good palliative from the government would have been to subsidize the transport sector especially in Lagos and Abuja instead of the small rice and oil handouts they're giving.
If you live in Lagos, you would have known The Transport Fare On BRT have been slash
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Khyrvxjzy: 4:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timoleon:

don't mind that educated illiterate
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Maazieze(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
The topic is about train fare and some underdeveloped animal mentions igbos on some random tangent? Hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Parachoko: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
They should charge the amount that will make then function effectively.
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by christistruth01: 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
agulion:
Local Yoruba Muslims miscreants ,those unity begars will always want igbos to be in their mist

Tribalists are not hard to know

The topic is Railway launching

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by KnowAll(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

answer simple question

in the west do you pay per trip or per day?

We have both. Per trip a certain figure, e.g buses in London are 1.75 per trip within an hour. That means u can touch in 3 buses as long as it is within d hour. After an hour u pay another 1.75.

Trains is about 2.00 per trip.

Meanwhile for 12.00 u can buy a travel card that covers buses and trains in London for a whole day, up till 12:00

4 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Gajagojo: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
KnowAll:
How did you arrive at that figure

Does it have any basis in logic or rationality?

1 Like

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Gajagojo: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2023
KnowAll:

You pay according to the cost of construction and maintenance

The line is built with loans denominated in dollars

Where will the money to repay the loan and maintain the service come from if not from those using the service?

4 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by WorldRichest: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ballmer:
The day any ipob or Obidient step foot on this train is the day I will believe indeed the ipob tribe is the most foolish tribe on the face of Earth though Uwazirike declared so before but I do not believe so. I am w aiting patiently for Ipob not to enter train that was being pushed with hand.

They have proven this over and over through the decades
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Kaycee9242(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
KnowAll:

Are you answering that one? He didn't ask how much is minimum wage in that west he is referring to. Illiteracy no good

1 Like

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Kaycee9242(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timoleon:

How much is minimum wage in that west you are referencing to
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Timoleon(m): 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2023
You tell me.
Kaycee9242:

How much is minimum wage in that west you are referencing to
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Kaycee9242(m): 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timoleon:
Who decides that our economy should fix it at 500? What indices would we use to do an empirical analysis and comparism?

Subsidizing the fare of transportation is by far better than that useless cups of rice they decieve you guys with
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Kaycee9242(m): 5:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timoleon:
You tell me.

Its 30k per month, you expect workers who receive 30k salary to pay 750 per trip. The train is indirectly made for the rich. No staff that earns 100k can comfortably pay that fare tro and fro

2 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Abufo: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2023
Ballmer:

what exactly is the matter with you people! why are you so pained that Ndigbo had the nerve to call out the fulani/yoruba conspiracy to render them 2nd class citizens in a country they help to establish! The establishment of ESN was the one that finally finshed you people! You prefer to read in the papers that fulanis have wasted another 100 innocent Igbo persons......You have no idea how audacious Ndigbo can be! just continue with your hate.......

2 Likes

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Timoleon(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2023
Please stay on topic. By what indices do we do the calculations so we can come up with h the right price. No be everything dem Dey pour emotions. I’m sure you can’t point any post of mine talking about palliatives let alone advocating for it.
Kaycee9242:

Subsidizing the fare of transportation is by far better than that useless cups of rice they decieve you guys with
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Timoleon(m): 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
How has the person been going to work? The old trains that are rickety and usually filled to the brim have been 700 since April.
Kaycee9242:

Its 30k per month, you expect workers who receive 30k salary to pay 750 per trip. The train is indirectly made for the rich. No staff that earns 100k can comfortably pay that fare tro and fro
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by talk2hb1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2023
750 for which route, abeg?
Tani àti Tani, Níwájú Tani?
Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by Ballmer: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Just look at this fool.
Igbos have nerve to call out a project in Yoruba land n you are not worried about the hypocrisy n foolishness of same Igbo not being able to call out project in Alaigbo ?!

Please tell me why you should not be flogged to your doom ? Just one reason.

Abufo:

what exactly is the matter with you people! why are you so pained that Ndigbo had the nerve to call out the fulani/yoruba conspiracy to render them 2nd class citizens in a country they help to establish! The establishment of ESN was the one that finally finshed you people! You prefer to read in the papers that fulanis have wasted another 100 innocent Igbo persons......You have no idea how audacious Ndigbo can be! just continue with your hate.......

1 Like

Re: Blue Line Rail Launch In Lagos Sparks Concerns Over High N750 Fare by deji17: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
KnowAll:

How do you plan to maintain or expand it, if you are charging below cost? I'm sure you still want the people to work there to get paid like their counterparts in the west. You just have to choose one. You can't have it both ways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

They Don't Want To Be Associated or Identified As Africans / Peter Obi Does Not Know The Difference Between LIGHTNING And THUNDER / Breaking: Former Anambra Governor, Ezeife Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.