Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike (24511 Views)

Show Proof I’m Working For Tinubu, Wike Tells LP / Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) / Rivers APC, Wike’s Loyalists Differ On Governor’s Overtures To Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Bobloco: 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2023
The Minister of Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, clarified that he is working for President Bola Tinubu and not the All Progressives Congress.

“I am not working for APC. I am working for Tinubu who have trust in me to help him deliver the renewed hope,” Wike said when he featured on Channels TV Politics Today.

He added, “I owe nobody any apology at all. I was in PDP and I worked for Ahmed Bola Tinubu to become the President of Nigeria.”

The PUNCH reports that controversy surrounded Wike’s reported APC membership after his name featured in the ruling party’s campaign council for the governorship elections in Bayelsa, Imo and Kogi states on November 11.

This followed the denial, on Tuesday night, by the party of releasing the controversial documents containing notable names of chairmen, co-chairmen and members of the campaign councils for the governorship elections that went viral in the media and online platforms.

The rebuttal was contained in a statement issued in Abuja by the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Felix Morka.

The statement read, “The attention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has been drawn to National Campaign Council Lists for November 11 2023 Governorship Elections in Bayelsa, Kogi and Imo States in circulation in sections of the media.

“The lists are not official documents of the Party and should be disregarded,” the APC rebuttal read.

The inclusion of Wike, which was revealed in the documents signed and posted on the social media platform of the ruling party on Tuesday evening by the party’s National Organising Secretary, Suleiman Arugungu, generated heated debate, especially in the camp of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.

But speaking on Wednesday night, the minister insisted that he is still a member of the main opposition party.

He, however, said he owes nobody an apology for supporting Tinubu during the February 25 presidential election.

Asked if he is afraid if his party would take disciplinary actions against him, the former Rivers State governor responded: “Who is the party? Who are they?

“With all due respect, I have not seen that person who will suspend me. Nobody will do it. Who will discipline me? I should be the one calling for the discipline of these people who violated the party’s constitution. Who dare say they will suspend me? Who is the person?”

https://punchng.com/just-in-im-working-for-tinubu-not-apc-wike/?amp

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Aonkuuse(m): 8:35pm On Aug 30, 2023
You would have said I am working for Nigerians, it would have been better.

Meanwhile, watch video of how Gunmen open fire on Auchi Poly, Kill Female Student, 2 Others >>>> https://trendygists.com/2023/08/30/gunman-open-fire-on-auchi-poly-campus-kill-female-student-2-others-video/

151 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by TemplarLandry: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
Wike our man!
Popori too much!
He's repping South South to the fullest.
#RenewedHope

I dedicate this 2011 jam titled “Cutlass” (Dem Mama Anthem) by Timaya feat. 2 Solo & Wrecoba to him. Great jam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efy_VqcPrRk

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Racoon(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
Meanwhile, the same balabloo-blu-bulava heroin drug baron was the national leader of the same APC that Nyesom Wike once called "a cancer." Fear politicians!

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Naijanascam: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2023
Odiegwu really

You are working for BAT and not the nation.... confusion everywhere

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by successmatters(m): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2023
What's the difference you confused man ?

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Lateefodutola(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
Make WIKE no talk say them no fit discipline am o. The law fit implicate person ehn!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Pusyiter(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2023
....this Wike does not understand the political gimmicks of the City boy
After the supreme Court ruling then you shall see the chameleon called jagaban

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the same balabloo-blu-bulava heroin drug baron is the national leader of the APC that Nyesom Wike once called "a cancer." Fear politicians!
He is an embarrassment

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Ofunaofu: 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
sad

2 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by BoldBrainz(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2023
successmatters:

There's actually a difference.

Peter Obi was a member of APGA when he was appointed by Goodluck Jonathan into his executive cabinet. There's nothing wrong in Wike serving as a Minister under Tinubu. The ministerial role is not exclusively meant for party members. Whoever the President deems fit and capable can be called upon to serve, without necessarily having party membership.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by adekolaelect(m): 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Peter Obi was a member of APGA when he was appointed by Goodluck Jonathan into his executive cabinet. There's nothing wrong in Wike serving as a Minister under Tinubu. The ministerial role is not exclusively meant for party members. Whoever the President deems fit and capable can be called upon to serve, without necessarily having party membership.
Gbam they have forgotten. You finished am

94 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by LagosPrince: 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Wike will be dumped like tissue paper soon

A fly that think itself a bird 🐦

He's forgotten that he's no longer a governor, the power that he wielded as governor during the presidential election will not happen again now that he's just a mere minister in Abuja

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by successmatters(m): 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
BoldBrainz:

And when he started working for Jonathan, Jonathan moved to APGA?

6 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by b3llo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2023
Tinubu employed you and not APC

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by BoldBrainz(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
successmatters:

And when he started working for Jonathan, Jonathan moved to APGA?

What are you saying?

GEJ of PDP appointed Obi of APGA. Why would GEJ be moving to APGA? And in this scenario, has any of Wike or Tinubu remotely suggested moving over to each other's party?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by successmatters(m): 9:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What are you saying?

GEJ of PDP appointed Obi of APGA. Why would GEJ be moving to APGA? And in this scenario, has any of Wike or Tinubu remotely suggested moving over to each other's party?

Take it easy boy, so, is tinubu still working for APC, or for himself?

6 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Confirmedzombie: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
Obedients are too quick to attack wike. But forgot Peter Obi was a member of APGA when GEJ appointed him into his cabinet.

Nobody condemned it but igbos applauded it.

Today the igbos are attacking wike for accepting appointment from Tinubu.

Obedients are indeed confirmed hypocrites

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by BoldBrainz(m): 9:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
successmatters:

Take it easy boy, so, is tinubu still working for APC, or for himself?

You're asking questions that are running foul of the issue in discourse. This thread is solely about Wike and where his allegiances lie. But to answer your question, Tinubu at this point is working for Nigerians, having been (s)elected on the platform of the APC. He's neither working for himself nor his party. He represents his party, but serves Nigerians.

And please don't call me "boy" in your subsequent submissions. Accord me what respect I do you.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by PortHarcourtcit(m): 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2023
successmatters:
the difference is that pit obi is not the president... And that he came third in the last election...

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by FreeStuffsNG: 11:21pm On Aug 30, 2023
This is not politically convenient and may prove too costly for him.

He should keep his strategy close to his heart . Asiwaju is the Leader of the nation and APC, there's a thin line between working for him and not working for APC.

Those working at TVC owned by the President fit what HE Wike is saying and not those working full time for APC govt.

38 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by GeneralPula: 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2023
Racoon:
Meanwhile, the same balabloo-blu-bulava heroin drug baron was the national leader of the same APC that Nyesom Wike once called "a cancer." Fear politicians!
Politicians are even better than you!

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Kellie069(m): 12:29am On Aug 31, 2023
Once said by a stupid and senseless man…
Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by PHZADDY1(m): 12:29am On Aug 31, 2023
This Rumuepirikom clown grin

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by oluwaseyi0: 12:29am On Aug 31, 2023
Dey play
Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Keme4Real(f): 12:30am On Aug 31, 2023
We hear u mumu man. This man dey always feel like say e too smart. Bloody hustler with no shame

1 Like

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by itsme01: 12:30am On Aug 31, 2023
You suspend him. He demolish PDP headquarters

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by assholemods: 12:30am On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:
All these una balabloo is stale.

52 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by Keme4Real(f): 12:34am On Aug 31, 2023
assholemods:

All these una balabloo is stale.

But una obid.iot and Pand.ora obi and ipo.b no stale abi.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Working For Tinubu, Not APC – Wike by AllenSpencer: 12:36am On Aug 31, 2023
Dogged Wike!

Neck Presser!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senators Concerned As Buhari Overlooks Law In AMCON Appointments / EFCC Boss Magu Blasts Lawyers Defending Looters / President Buhari Receives Briefing From Buratai (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.