Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. (23587 Views)

List Of Premier League Stars At 2019 Africa Cup Of Nations / Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Libya: Africa Cup Of Nations Qualifier - 4 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by Jikesonoje: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2023
Peter Rufai was our best keeper then.

To retrieve your MTN PUK number, or to Block your lost stolen MTN number, Join my watsap group for your services

https:///F0fEvs81sCU8NPbXBBq43V
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by Nealson(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
wrongman665:
The year i was born. shocked

once again! Congratulation Naija.

Woah.... Nice to hear wink
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by chopnaira: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
I remember this March. Zambia showed us shege.
Even Pele the legend at the stadium had no choice but to support Zambia, but we eventually won.
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by Mansunny: 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2023
Angelfrost:
The best national team ever assembled for this nation... Closely followed by the 1996 Olympic Gold medal-winning Dream team.

Nigerian Football has clearly and steadily declined ever since.

No continuity, no investment, no leadership!
I they tell you, the current team cannot be compared with that time
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by DJInfluence: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nice post. Very interesting facts. I never knew 2 Hattrick were scored in a single match and it was even against my poor country.
I won't be surprised if some blames it on Obi while others blames Tinubu
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by 3seriez(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2023
Psady:
The mention name of KALUSHUA BWALYA back then sends shivers up one's spine , when we meeting the zambia.that guy was so dependable in the Zambia team.

Confirm & correct. The guy was a problem. I'm not a Zambian, but his playmaking was a headache for many opposition teams. Guy was good.
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by marca(m): 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
What a good memory... The memories always come to mind... I enjoyed every bit of that time when things was totally good and we enjoyed the best of life with our black and white tv.
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by godwon01(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2023
Why is Zambia national anthem sound the same like South Africa national anthem.
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by bluefilm: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2023
I watched this game that very day as a juvenile.

It was a very explosive and interesting game of soccer that very day.

I still remember the Zambia defender that marked Rashidi Yekini to the extent that Rashidi went down on his knees and pleaded with the guy to let him breathe.

Anyways, Nigeria won in the end thanks to Emma Amuneke's quick reflexes.
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by McLizbae: 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2023
The match sweet die!
Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by Eriokanmi: 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
BoldBrainz:

This match didn't give us much of a heart attack compared to the '96 Olympics final in Atlanta.

Everyone had given up hope for that match. We were only glued to the tv because of patriotism and belief.

Enter Kanu Nwankwo in the second half, with his jersey that looked like Ganduje's agbada..😁!
I was a jambite that year lol. I vex commot common room where i dey watch am, go my hostel after we were down by 3 goals. I was in my bed when i heard goal, 3-3. I had to jump up and returned to the common room fast.

We didn't sleep in the hostel. We were jubilating all over campus. After Kanu, I doubt they used the football body ever used golden rule again lol

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by dododawa1: 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nothing like
OBIDENT and AGBADO
Then.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: 1994 Africa Cup Of Nations Finals. by kcbaba007: 3:49am On Sep 01, 2023
Just finished watching this match again, and the tension, is still like it was in 94. This was when Nigeria actually had a team

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS / Egyptian FA Optimistic Over Salah’s World Cup Chances After Champions League / Nwakali Honored As MVP By Netherlands Prince In Presence Of Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.