Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,779 members, 7,851,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

FG To Establish Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund - Betta Edu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Establish Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund - Betta Edu (7356 Views)

The APC National Women Leader Dr Betta Edu Shines At Ekiti APC Campaign / Betta Edu Joins APC, Launches Campaign For National Women Leader / Wheelbarrows Used For Poverty Alleviation In Nsukka, Enugu State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: FG To Establish Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund - Betta Edu by lexy2014: 10:16am On Sep 02, 2023
UmehzEmmanuel:

He made perfect sense.

Census means everything.

How can you talk about lifting bla bla bla million people out of poverty when you have no stats on the percentage of the masses that are living in poverty?

Didn't you study Economics in secondary school?

Fiscal policy/budgeting, siting of infrastructure, distribution of security personnel, projection of labour force, crisis and disaster management and a host of other government responsibilities all heavily depend on an accurate knowledge of population stats.

Population distribution determines what goes into capital or recurrent expenditure.

A chart of current population statistics with variables of natality and mortality can give an idea of population increase or decrease in subsequent years.

Go back to your Econs and stop debating what should be common sense.

Commonsese manager, up till now you haven't answered my questions.

1. is it knowing population of Nigeria that will automatically make Nigerian leaders to be patriotic, unselfish and not corrupt?

2. the people that have NIN, what has been done for them?

3. Is arresting people that dont have NIN that will make naira to rise against the dollar , reduce inflation or provide employment?

4. Is it census that will make government officials and politicians to be accountable?

5. In all honesty, you sound just like the politicians because these are the kinds of things they like t o do to chase shadows instead of doing their jobs.

NB: can u pls show me the argument you are talking about?
Re: FG To Establish Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund - Betta Edu by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
lexy2014:

Commonsese manager, up till now you haven't answered my questions.

1. is it knowing population of Nigeria that will automatically make Nigerian leaders to be patriotic, unselfish and not corrupt?

3. Is arresting people that dont have NIN that will make naira to rise against the dollar , reduce inflation or provide employment?

4. Is it census that will make government officials and politicians to be accountable?

5. In all honesty, you sound just like the politicians because these are the kinds of things they like t o do to chase shadows instead of doing their jobs.

I have a life outside of Nairaland.
You don't pay me for replying your mentions.
It is my prerogative to or not reply you.

1. You don't relate two unalike characteristics and ask me to find a common ground between them.

Knowledge of accurate population statistics is essential for the day to day running of the affairs of government, including planning, budgeting and crisis management.
This is the impression I hold with the OP.
If you have any angst with the irresponsible lifestyle of our leaders, find another way to address those.

2. It appears you are one of those who assume that part of government's duties is taking care of the affairs of the personal responsibilities of it's citizens.
Nigeria runs a democracy.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the government promising anything to those who enroll on the NIN platform.

If no promises were made, no is deemed broken.

3. Yes.
Go back to your lessons on fiscal policy and realize how much population statistics affects those factors.

4. Go back to #1.

5. ...
Re: FG To Establish Poverty Alleviation Trust Fund - Betta Edu by lexy2014: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
UmehzEmmanuel:

I have a life outside of Nairaland.
You don't pay me for replying your mentions.
It is my prerogative to or not reply you.

1. You don't relate two unalike characteristics and ask me to find a common ground between them.

Knowledge of accurate population statistics is essential for the day to day running of the affairs of government, including planning, budgeting and crisis management.
This is the impression I hold with the OP.
If you have any angst with the irresponsible lifestyle of our leaders, find another way to address those.

2. It appears you are one of those who assume that part of government's duties is taking care of the affairs of the personal responsibilities of it's citizens.
Nigeria runs a democracy.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the government promising anything to those who enroll on the NIN platform.

If no promises were made, no is deemed broken.

3. Yes.
Go back to your lessons on fiscal policy and realize how much population statistics affects those factors.

4. Go back to #1.

5. ...

Commonsese manager, so you didn't know that you have a life outside nairaland before you made your initial response?

Unfortunately, all you said is offpoint. Let's try again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) / Local Rice Price Rise 73% In 12 Months – NBS / Has Dora Akunyili Lost Her Integrity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.