Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

One Wild Night (A Romance Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / One Wild Night (A Romance Story) (1175 Views)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 8:08am On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 1: Checklist

Lucinda Perry couldn't help feeling a bit nervous as she walked into the club, dressed in a strapless mini black dress and a gold-colored knee-high boot. Her long curly jet-black hair was let down for the first time in a long while instead of the usual bun, and she was wearing a green-colored contact lens in place of the usual glasses which she always wore because of her short-sightedness.

Even though she was giving off a slutty vibe with her outfit, she was nothing close to being a slut. Unless of course, you'd want to call her a slutty virgin.

For the first time in her adult life, she wanted to do something outrageously reckless. Something daring. The kind of stuff that would leave her best friend's mouth hanging open in disbelief when she tells her how she spent the night of her twenty-fifth birthday. Was she ready for it? NO! But was she going to do it? Hell yeah!

She looked around the club as she tried to adjust her sight to the dim-lit room, and noticed everyone around her seemed to be having so much fun. It was her first time in a club, so of course, she was feeling kind of lost and out of place as a fish in the dry land. She looked ahead of her and took in a deep breath when she caught sight of the bar somewhere to the right ahead of her, "You can do this Lucy!" She assured herself as she slowly made her way towards it.

The music was too damn loud, but she tried not to worry too much about her eardrums being blown off. At least not that night. She had made a promise to herself on her last birthday that she was going to do something crazy come her next birthday if she was able to achieve certain goals she had set for herself. And as though the universe was in support of it, she had gotten her long-deserved promotion two days earlier. So that night was kind of different because it not only marked her twenty-fifth birthday, but it also marked her first night in the city of Ludus. She had been transferred to the head office here in Ludus to take over from one of the senior staff in the fashion unit who had just recently retired.

She worked for one of the largest conglomerates in the world, the I-Global group, and as such being transferred to the headquarters was a very big deal, and a dream come true for her.

She was the sort of person you would describe as miss goody two shoes. She was a typical good girl and a very intelligent one at that. She was also a very devoted staff in the company... the type to put in extra hours and give her best to every assignment placed under her authority. In simpler terms, she was a workaholic with zero social life. The type who would rather work all night and sleep off reading a crime novel or something, rather than go partying or hang out with friends.

"Hey, gorgeous!" A rough-looking man called out as she maneuvered her way through the crowd, but she only flashed him a polite smile as she continued in her quest for the bar. She quickened her steps when she felt a hand on her lower back like someone was trying to grope her, but she did not bother to look behind her to see who it was. She almost let out a sigh of relief the moment she got to the bar but frowned when she noticed there was no empty seat available around her.

"Hey pretty! It's your first time here, isn't it?" The stout middle-aged barman with a ginger-colored beard called to her with a welcoming smile, and she flashed him an embarrassed smile.

"Yeah. Sort of. I'm kind of new in the area." She explained with a nervous giggle and then chided herself for giving out too much information. She tended to talk too much whenever she was feeling nervous.

Ads by Pubfuture

"Aw! Your first drink is on me then. Come on here and I'll get you a seat." He offered as he circled the bar and came out carrying what she suspected to be his bar stool.

"I'm Sam. What is your name?" He asked after he found a spot for the stool at the end of the bar which was directly facing the dancefloor, where a young man was seated.

"Thanks. I'm Lucinda. Lucinda Perry. But my friends call me Lucy, so I guess you can call me that too." She told him as she sat down.

Sam looked at her with a smile on his face like he could tell that she was feeling very nervous and then he extended his hand for a handshake, "Well, it's nice to meet you, Lucy. I need to get back to my position. What can I get you?"

"A double martini would do. Thanks." Lucy said as she settles down on her seat and looked towards the dance floor.

"Your drink," Sam said as he returned with the glass and placed it in front of her, while Lucy flashed him a smile of gratitude.

"So what brings you to the city of Ludus?" Sam asked, propping his elbow on the bar counter as he looked at her, his curiosity burning in his eyes.

She took a sip from her glass and grimaced before answering him, "Work."

"Work?" Sam asked curiously.

"Yeah. I just got transferred to the head office here." She said with a nod making the young man seated beside her turn to spare her a glance. He said nothing as he returned his attention once again to what he had been busy with.

"Interesting. I take it you've never been to a club before today?"

She laughed self-consciously at that, "Why would you assume so?"

"Well, I've been on this job for over twenty years, and I can tell a newbie when I spot one. And you my dear new friend is one. I've watched you from the moment you walked right in through the door." He said with a wink making her shrug.

"Well, it's my birthday, and I'm in a new place. No friends yet. So..." She shrugged again and let her words trail off.

"Hey everyone! She's new here and it's her birthday! Let's show her some love y'all!" Sam announced loudly causing the others around them to turn in their direction, they raised their glasses in a silent toast while her cheeks burned a bright red in embarrassment as she bowed politely and murmured her thanks.

"You're welcome. Feel free to come around whenever you need company." Sam said with a wink before returning to his spot to attend to some others who had just walked in.

Lucinda sighed to herself before taking out her little pocket-sized journal and a pen from her purse, ready to check some items on her to-do list.

1. Dressed outrageously sexy, check.

2. Finally tried out contact lens, check.

3. Went to a club, check.

4. Took a double martini, check.

She paused when her eyes fell on the fifth item on her list and she swallowed nervously.

5. Have a one-night stand.. Not checked yet.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 8:16am On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 2: Generous stranger

Read Novel Online Full FREE WEB NOVEL
Novel One Wild Night Chapter 2 - Generous Stranger
ONE WILD NIGHT
C2 - Generous Stranger

Play Quizzes, Earn Coins
Play Quizzes, Earn Coins
Sponsored: Quizzop
How on earth was she ever going to accomplish such a huge feat? She wondered as she looked around the club for any prospective candidate. Had Sam been a younger guy, maybe she would have considered him, but Sam looked way too old and that was not the kind of person she had in mind to lose her virginity to.

She noticed several guys staring at her like they were waiting for a sort of signal from her before approaching her, but neither of them looked attractive enough to her taste, so she looked away from them.

She did not doubt that she was going to be needing lots of alcohol to build up her courage level, she thought to herself as she gulped down the content of her glass and called out to Sam for another shot.

"Hey, sweety! Heard you're new around here. Need me to show you around?" An average-looking young man asked with a suggestive wink as he let his eyes travel down Lucy's legs.

Ewwww! She thought as she tried not to look at him repulsively, "No thanks." Lucy said with a forced smile.

"Are you sure? There's plenty of places I could take you to if you know what I mean." He said as he leaned closer to her and placed a hand on her exposed thighs.

"Thanks for your offer, but I'll pass," Lucy muttered through gritted teeth.

He was so close that she could perceive the alcohol on his breath mixed with something else she couldn't tell. The idea of having someone like him on the same bed with her was so repugnant that she was beginning to feel like retching.

Ads by Pubfuture

"She said NO! Why don't you get lost." The young man who had been sitting quietly beside her growled ferociously, making the guy with the bad breath scurry away.

Of course, she had been aware that someone was sitting beside her, but she just hadn't taken note of him until she heard his voice, so she turned her head slightly to look at him and froze when their eyes met.

He was staring directly at her and she noticed a smile was dancing playfully on his lips as he looked at her. His eyes looked as though they were laughing at something funny. His voice had not sounded like he was having fun a moment ago, so what was he finding funny? she wondered as she cocked her head to the side and raised a brow as though asking him what he was finding so funny.

Tom tried not to chuckle as he looked down at her journal which was lying open on the table between them, before looking into her face once again. He grinned when her eyes widened in mortification and chuckled when she quickly snapped her journal shut.

Lucy blushed a deep shade of red as she quickly looked away from the handsome devil.

Although their gaze had held for only a few seconds, she had gotten a clear picture of his facial features before turning away. The brown-looking handsome devil was blessed with an oval-shaped face with a prominent lower jaw and chin. And his face was decorated with the finest hazel eyes she had ever seen on a man, and a well-defined straight nose with full symmetrical lips.

Lucy silently pray that he wouldn't say anything or expose her to the others. The last thing she wanted on her first day here was to be labeled as a pervert or a man-eater. That would be very bad for her reputation around here.

"Since we just shared such a deep secret, don't you think it's safe to say we are friends now? And as such shouldn't we at least say Hi to each other?" The handsome devil asked her, breaking the silence which she had just begun to be thankful for.

She gritted her teeth, and then pasted a smile on her face before turning to look at him, "Hi!"

"You can call me Tom. I heard you say your name is Lucy earlier. I can call you that, right?" He asked with a grin as though he knew something she didn't.

"Sure." Lucy said, and then cleared her throat, "About what you may have seen..."

"May? Not may. I actually did see it." He assured her in a very confident tone leaving her speechless.

Had it been a less embarrassing situation, she probably would have demanded an apology from him for invading her privacy by sneaking a peek from her journal, but she couldn't do that for fear that he might decide to expose her to the world. So instead she forced a smile, "Uhm..."

"There's nothing to feel embarrassed about. Nothing at all. It's normal. People do these things all the time. I can assure you it's not a big deal. I could just pretend like I didn't see anything." He said with a straight face but she could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Yeah. Thanks. I'll really appreciate that." Lucy said with a smile of gratitude, grateful that he was responsible enough to let her off the hook so easily. She decided she was just going to drink really quickly and disappear from the club before she embarrass herself any further.

"Sam, can I get another glass, please? And get one for the lady too." Tom called out to Sam before looking at her, "Since it's your birthday, permit me to buy you a drink."

"Thanks, but that won't be necessary. I'm almost done here." She quickly assured him.

"You can't say you've been to a club or had a double martini if you did not get drunk or get on the dance floor. Plus I don't see any man leaving with you either. Aren't you going to check that on your little list?" Tom asked, wiggling his brow playfully as he glanced at her journal which she had tucked into her purse.

Lucy felt her face heat up again, "You promised to pretend..."

"I didn't promise. I said I COULD just pretend." Tom reminded her with a wink, "So how about I help you tick that? I'm feeling very generous tonight.." He said with a grin, showing her he was really enjoying himself at her expense.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 3:Kiss Me

Lucy was feeling completely embarrassed now since this wasn't the way she had envisioned the night when she made her plan hours earlier.

Things like these usually happened in stages in most of the movies she had seen, one minute a lady was drinking and the next she was chatting with a guy, and next they were kissing and groping in the dark as they try to UnCloth each other and find their way to the bed or end up on the couch or on the floor, who cares where?

When she was making her list, she never imagined or planned for someone else to see it apart from her best friend, Sonia, to who she had planned on sending a picture of her checklist.

'Okay! Lucy, you can't chicken out. You wanted to do something daring, here is your chance. You've got a sinfully gorgeous man offering to be your one-night stand. You're going to grab this opportunity now.' She said to herself, and then gulped down the remaining content of her glass before flashing him a courageous smile.

"How about we have that drink first?" She asked making him smile.

"Sure. Let's do that. And then we can dance, and then we will go over to my place or yours."

"Yours. Yours is absolutely fine." She told him quickly. Of course, she didn't want a one-night stand knowing where she lives. The last thing she wanted in her life at the moment was a one-night stand who might decide to show up on her doorstep the next day wanting another stand.

She really was not interested in a relationship of any kind with any man. All she wanted was this one-time experience, and then after that, she would return to her loveless workaholic life. That was exactly the way she loved it. She loved being a career-driven lady who was able to take care of her herself and her loved ones. The last thing she wanted was that trouble and distraction which was usually associated with being in a relationship. Those boring long calls, spending hours visiting and doing sweet nothings, incessant and unnecessary misunderstandings et veteran. Those were things she was avoiding.

"My place it is then," Tom said with a nod.

Ads by Pubfuture

"I see you've gotten yourself a friend," Sam observed as he handed them both their glasses.

"Yeah, she has. Get her more glasses, she needs to get drunk." Tom said to Sam who gave him a questioning look before glancing at Lucy.

"Yeah. I need to get drunk." She assured Sam with a small smile of gratitude, and then he gave her a nod before returning to his position.

"So tell me about yourself," Tom said as he sipped from his glass slowly while looking at Lucy with interest.

"I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be telling a one-night stand anything about myself," she murmured to herself, and then realized she had just spoken out loud when she heard him chuckle.

"What are the chances of seeing your one-night stand again? It won't hurt to tell me something about yourself. I'm a stranger to you after all and you may never see me again. You could tell me something you've always wanted to tell someone about yourself." Tom said with an encouraging smile.

Lucy felt her face pull back into a responding smile. Maybe it was the effect of the alcohol which was slowly beginning to move in her bloodstream or something, but soon her tongue gradually loosened up and before she knew it, she heard herself start saying some things to him.

He laughed at something she said, and soon she realized she was moving. Her thighs started feeling kind of heavy, while her head felt very light. She felt his hand on her waist and heard herself laughing really loudly as she swayed her waist to what she believed was the tune of the music. Soon she realized that they were on the dance floor.

"Kiss me." She heard herself say to him. By now the alcohol had completely taken over her entire being.

Tom smiled at the invitation, "I don't think you're ready for that yet." He said, and then she felt him dragging her away from the dancefloor.

Her vision was kind of blurry so she couldn't focus, and just followed in whatever direction he was leading her to. She soon heard him say goodnight to Sam and then a minute later she felt the evening breeze on her bare shoulders, telling her they were outside now.

"Did you drive?" Lucy heard him ask. She murmured some gibberish, which he took as a no, and next, she felt herself being carefully placed in the backseat of a car.

This was definitely not the way she had envisioned her 'wild' night, so she knew she had to do something else she might end up being knocked out in the back seat of a stranger's car. What if he was a psychopath? What if he goes to bars and picks up random girls then chops off their legs as those guys do to their victims in the crime novels she always read? she asked herself drunkenly and then shook her head.

"Sam knows him, so I'm sure I'm safe." She assured herself out loud making Tom who was still trying to make her stay put in the backseat smile.

She sat up as quickly as she could manage and wrapped her hands around him before he could leave, "Kiss me." she ordered again with puckered lips, pushing her lips forward with her eyes closed as she waited for his lips to meet hers.

Tom sighed as he watched her. Who would have thought he would meet someone this interesting while waiting at the club for Anita, his self-centered girlfriend? He did not doubt that he had been stood up once again, but that was fine. He had planned on finally breaking up with her tonight anyway, so it was probably for the best.

Tom brushed his lip on hers, "Now stay still. I need to get us out of here before I do anything." He told her softly before shutting the door.

She really did not want to fall asleep so she sat up and crawled into the front seat of the car before he could get around the car, "Turn on the stereo." she ordered him as he got into his seat.

"I guess you don't want to sleep off." He said in amusement as he turned it on. Luckily it was on her favorite station and Kenny Roger's coward of the county was playing so she sang along in her not-so-pleasant voice.

She dozed off after a while and came awake when she heard him shut his car door before coming around to her seat to help her out, "We are home?" she asked, squinting her eyes to see if she could make out the environment in the darkness.

"Yes. Now I can kiss you.." He said, and before she knew it, their lips were locked in a passionate kiss and his hands were all over her body
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 4: Don't Stop

Lucy closed her eyes as different crazy sensations passed through her body at the same time. One minute she could feel his hands on her boobs, and the next it was on her back, and then her ass.

'Am I supposed to touch him?' she asked herself. 'Yes, I probably should. But where?' she wondered and let her hands roam around his body. She touched his chest and then his back and cupped his ass too just as he had done hers.

Tom lifted her in his arms and carried her inside his house while their lips remained locked in a kiss as they both desperately panted for breath.

Lucy suddenly remembered reading something about the neck being an erogenous zone, so she broke the kiss to catch her breath before licking and biting his neck softly.

He made a guttural sound and then squeezed her ass before turning on a light. Lucy quickly shut her eyes from the sudden assault of the light and then moaned softly when she felt his lips on her neck.

Lucy could feel herself being lowered on the bed and the next thing she knew he was taking off her gown. She was not wearing a bra since her boobs were neither too big nor too small, but were rather round and firm.

"Ahhh!" She moaned loudly when she felt his tongue on her nipples. It was the first time ever any man had gotten that close to her body.

Ads by Pubfuture

He played with the left nipple using his finger while he used his tongue to make circular motions on her right nipple. He sucked and bit on it softly making her moan wildly at the unbelievable amount of pleasure she was getting from that.

"Who knew my nipples could be that sensitive yet I've been allowing them to lie waste for so long?" She asked herself and then was startled when she heard him chuckle.

"I didn't just say that out loud, did I?" she asked herself quietly.

"Yes, you did. You did say it out loud." He told her with a chuckle and paused what he was doing to look into her face.

"Don't stop. Go on." She said, urging him on impatiently. She pulled his head down on her breast and closed her eyes again, ready to feel the pleasure again.

Tom lowered his lips to her nipples once again, and then let his hand slowly find its way down her abdomen towards her Honeypot. Her alcohol-ridden brain became completely blank when his fingers pushed aside her panties and then stopped over her clitoris.

She closed her eyes and allowed herself to feel and enjoy it all. His tongue on her nipples kept licking and teasing, while his finger moved steadily over her clitoris drawing out moan after moans from her.

Tom let his finger go further down her vagina, and then he froze. He stopped playing with her nipples and stopped teasing her clitoris. She opened her eyes to look at him, and noticed he was giving her a funny look, "Is this your first time?"

"Sweet Jesus and all his seven angels! Can you just continue with it? Please!" She pleaded desperately. She was sure she never would have been bold enough to make such a request had she not been totally under the influence of the alcohol.

Tom simply smiled at her, and then before she knew what he was up to, he moved away from her nipples and,

'OH, MY GAWD!' She moaned loudly. She figured that saying 'God' at this point will likely be sinful and might attract the wrath of God and earn her eternal damnation.

She could feel his tongue on her clitoris. And then he did something completely crazy and unexpected. He inserted a finger into her anus and kept taking it in and out as he kept sucking and licking her Honeypot.

At this point, Lucy was no longer just moaning now, but was screaming madly at the pleasure, "Bleep! Bleep! Bleep!" She yelled loudly.

She wasn't sure she had ever said 'Bleep' so much in her life until this very minute. Soon she began to feel this funny tingly sensation between her legs, and before she could stop herself, she was giggling and trying to push his head and hand away from her.

"Stop! Stop! It's tingling me." She said to him while trying to stop laughing.

He stopped and then looked into her face, "I don't think I'm going to forget you in a hurry." He whispered, and then dropped a kiss on her lips and forehead before standing up.

"Where are you going to? We are not done, are we? I'm supposed to touch you too, right?" She asked with a yawn.

Tom looked at her with a small smile, "I'll be back shortly.." He said before walking out of the room, leaving her lying on the bed naked.

Ads by Pubfuture
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 5: Morning After

The first sight that greeted Lucy's eyes was the ray of sunlight coming in from the open window. She raised a hand to her head which was banging as she tried to sit up on the bed. She looked around her as she tried to remember where she was how she had gotten there.

From the high ceilinged roof of the bedroom to the full-length glass window which overlooked what looked like a beautiful love garden, to the exotic-looking furniture, down to the interior decor and paintings. Everything in the room screamed of money and class. This definitely couldn't be someone's house, so what was this? A presidential suite in a 10 Star hotel? She couldn't remember going to a hotel so how had she ended up here?

"My one-night stand!" She said out loud when Tom's handsome face flashed before her eyes. She quickly looked down at her body and noticed she was wearing a man's shirt but she wasn't wearing any undies. 'I did it!' She said to herself with a smile when some parts of the previous night flashed in her mind. She remembered moaning and screaming Bleep. She raised a hand to her nipples and smiled when she remembered the tingly sensation.

It also occurred to her that she was no longer wearing her contact lens. She couldn't remember taking it off, so when had that happened? She wondered as she looked around the room. The more she looked around the room the more she was tempted to think it was a hotel room since there were no personal belongings anywhere apart from her clothes which were neatly folded on the couch.

Had her one-night stand brought her here and run off leaving her behind to pay for this expensive hotel suite? How was she going to afford it? What if he had robbed her while she slept and taken away her money and cards? Lucy wondered and quickly stood up from the bed and hurried towards the couch where her purse was lying.

She opened the purse and let out a sigh of relief when she realized that all the contents of her purse were intact. That had to mean he was a decent person, so if this was a hotel, she was certain he would probably have paid the bills.

Ads by Pubfuture

She looked around the room in search of anywhere she could have dropped her contact lens, and paused when she noticed the glass of water sitting on the center table with her contact lens floating in it. As she moved closer to the table to pick it up, she noticed the glass was sitting on a note so she quickly picked up the note, "You looked so beautiful in your sleep and I didn't want to disturb you... I had to take care of something urgent. Someone will be waiting to drop you off. See you around... or maybe not."

Her heart skipped a beat, and a gasp escaped from her lips when it finally dawned on her that it was morning. She shook her head in horror when she looked towards the window again and it dawned on her that it was actually morning... like not just any morning, but MONDAY morning. Her eyes fell on the wall clock hanging opposite the bed and she moved closer to see what time it was, "No! No! No! God No!" She repeated shaking her head vigorously when she saw it was past 10 AM already.

She was supposed to resume at the office by 9 AM for a meeting with her boss, yet it was past 10 AM already. 'How could I have been so reckless?' She asked herself as she quickly took off Tom's shirt and slipped on her gown. She looked around the room for her panties, and when she couldn't find them, she went ahead to fix her contact lens. She looked around one more time for her pant before picking up her boot along with her purse as she dashed for the door.

Had the situation been different, she probably would have stopped to take a look around this exotic mansion before leaving, but all she could think about at this point was getting to her apartment as fast as she could and changing into something presentable before going to the office.

"Good morning Miss!" She almost jumped out of her skin when she heard a masculine voice greet her the moment she opened the door.

She could guess what she looked like, especially as she had even failed to check her appearance in the mirror or wash up. She probably looked like a cheap hooker dressed in all of this in broad daylight.

"Good morning sir?" Lucy said with an awkward smile as she looked at the middle-aged man wondering who he was and why he was standing by the door like he had been waiting for her.

"I see you're ready to leave." The man said with a polite smile.

"Yes, I am," Lucy said with a stiff smile.

"Tom requested that I drop you off after you've had breakfast."

"That won't be necessary. I'm late for work already and I have to run. Thanks." She said as she ran past him, and stopped when she realized she didn't know where she was going to. She turned around to see him looking at her.

"That's the way." He said pointing in the opposite direction.

"Ah! Thanks." She said as she turned around and quickly ran past him.

She wished she could appreciate the beauty of the mansion right now, but her job was on the line. She needed to come up with a really good story to make up for why she had arrived late at the office on her resumption day.

Immediately she got outside she sighed when she realized she had made another error. The mansion was really large and walking to the gate from the house was going to be a marathon.. It was going to be a really long day.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 6:Club?

Thomas Hank, thirty years old CEO of I-Global group, and the most eligible bachelor in the city of Ludus, sat behind his office desk looking through some documents which were on his desk.

Although his name was well known, his face was unknown to the public since he was known to avoid the media like a plague. Even most of his employees in the company had no idea of his true identity apart from the senior directors and shareholders. He had a habit of following his private elevator and staircase to his office on the few occasions he decided to show up at the office, and he didn't need to worry about the company's welfare, since Harry, his friend, and right-hand man always acted in his stead. So while he was the brain behind the company, Harry was the face.

As handsome as he was, so also was his intelligence on a genius level. Of course, that was the only way he had been able to build such a large conglomerate with major subsidiaries that dealt for himself such as; I-Global towers and real estate, I-Global hotel, and resort, I-Global motors, I-Global pharmaceuticals, I-G clothing line as well as the newly launched subsidiary I-Global airline.

He looked down at his phone when it started ringing and sighed when he noticed it was a call from Anita, "Oh baby! I'm so sorry about last night." Anita gushed immediately after he accepted her call. Tom said nothing and just sat back in his seat listening to her and waiting for her to give him one of her excuses as usual.

"I was so exhausted when I returned from work last night, and then I found out Snow was suffering from food poisoning and I had to call the vet..."

"I thought Snow died two weeks ago?" Tom cut in before she could finish, making her pause to think about that.

"Did he? I told you that?" She asked with a confused frown which made Tom question what he ever saw in her to have put up with her for the past year.

"Anita, let's both do ourselves some good. It's over between us." Tom said in a flat tone making her blink in surprise, and then she started laughing.

"You're kidding, right? Of course, there's no way you mean that. Right?" She asked doubtfully when he didn't join in her laughter.

"I'm not. You're obviously not interested in me, and I can't even begin to imagine why you agreed to be in a relationship with me in the first place. I'm done with this, so feel free to live your best life now." Tom said before returning his attention to the documents he had been busy with before her call came in.

Ads by Pubfuture

"But..."

"Anita... Why don't you save the drama for someone else? We both know you don't care about me, so please be mature about this. I have to return to work, I really hate being disturbed when I'm working." Tom said dismissively. He knew the only reason she had been taking him for granted was that like most people, she didn't know who he really was.

Anita opened her mouth to say something, but snapped it shut when she heard the coldness in his tone, "Oh well! Good riddance then!" She said as she hung up the call.

The door opened and Tom raised his head as Harry Jonas his right-hand man walked in, "I was just informed you canceled the meeting that was slated for this morning with the directors?" He asked as he walked in and took the seat opposite Tom.

"Yeah, I did."

"Why? You're not the type to just change plans on such short notice. Are you feeling sick?"

"No, I'm not. I'm going to be needing a break for some time, so I will need you to step in and take care of things here at the office. Especially in meeting with the directors." Tom said, making Harry raise a brow.

"Haven't I been doing that this whole time? Half the staff in the company already thinks I'm the CEO. I wonder why you bother to be so rich if you're not going to even flaunt it." Harry said making Tom chuckle.

"The new director who was supposed to resume today at the fashion unit, has she arrived at her office yet?" Tom asked making Harry give him a questioning look.

"Why are you so interested in her? I can't believe you woke me from sleep last night just to confirm the name of the director. Did something happen? Or perhaps you know her from somewhere?" Harry asked curiously.

Tom thought about it for a moment and decided there was no harm in confiding in Harry, "Yeah. I met her at the club last night." Tom said making Harry's eyes widen in disbelief.

"Club? Miss Lucinda Perry? I don't think so. From all I was told about her, she is a workaholic with zero social life." Harry said making Tom smile.

"I don't doubt that. Yesterday was her birthday so I guess that was why she ventured out. She did seem like a fish walking on dry land. And I find her intriguing." Tom said with an amused expression.

"You find her intriguing already? And what about Anita?"

"I broke up with her just before you walked in," Tom said disinterestedly.

"You did? Why? Because of Miss Perry?"

"I was going to do that last night, but then she stood me up once again."

"You didn't happen to talk to Miss Perry, did you?" Harry asked, making Tom grin as he remembered last night. He hadn't wanted to deflower her, so he had taken his time to take a long walk outside, and by the time he had returned, she had dozed off as he had known she would. He had helped her take off her contact lens, even though it hadn't been very easy getting her to cooperate with him, and then he had dressed her up.

"I even danced with her," Tom said, leaving out every other detail he knew might embarrass Lucy.

"You danced with her?" Harry asked in surprise.

"Yep! But she has no idea who I am, and I intend to keep it that way. So you have to help me keep an eye on her."

"Does this mean you canceled the meeting because you knew she was going to be late? Wait! Don't tell me you spent the night with her!" Harry asked in alarm.

"Don't be ridiculous! She had a lot to drink last night, and I figured since it's her first time going that wild, she might find it difficult getting out of bed. So can you not give her a hard time over it? Scold her for being late, but don't be too hard on her." Tom said, making Harry look at him with narrowed eyes.. He nodded his head even though he didn't believe what Tom had just said.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 7: Liar

Lucy knew she wasn't just late, she was very very late. She was resuming at the office by past 11 AM, for a meeting she was scheduled to have by 9 AM. She could only pray that a miracle would happen and save her from this embarrassment. No one at her former office would believe it if they heard she was resuming work two hours late. She always prided herself at being at least thirty minutes early to every meeting. She was that principled.

She had never felt more self-conscious in her life as she walked into the company building, dressed in pristine navy blue suit pants, her hair tied neatly in a ponytail and twisted to form a bun on the center of her head, and her thick round glasses sitting on top of her nose.

"Good morning, how may I help you?" One of the female receptionists at the front desk of the building asked, with a polite smile.

"Hi! I'm Lucinda Perry. I'm supposed to be resuming at the fashion unit today. I need directions." She said with a polite smile as she showed them her identity card.

"Oh! You're welcome. Please take the elevator to the third floor and then take a turn to the left-wing. That's where the fashion unit is located." The receptionist said with a polite smile, and Lucy smiled back in gratitude before walking away.

Immediately Lucy walked away the receptionist dialed Harry's number, "Hello sir! The lady you talked about, she just came in."

Ads by Pubfuture

"Thanks," Harry said as he hung up. It was time to see this lady that had left quite an impression on his friend, Harry decided as he walked out of his office and headed for the third floor.

Inside the elevator, Lucy desperately prayed that she wouldn't see a sack letter on her desk when she gets to her office. She had not been able to think of anything else since she walked out of Tom's bedroom that morning. How would she explain to her parents that she had had a wild night out to celebrate her birthday and her promotion, and had ended up getting fired because she had overslept?

Immediately the elevator dinged and the door opened, her heart started beating really fast when she realized that she was yet to come up with any story that would at least make them pardon her. Her brain started working really fast as she stepped out of the elevator and turned left as directed by the receptionist.

"Miss Perry?" Harry called out making every story she had just come up with fly out of her brain as she turned to look at him. Did someone know her already? Oh great!

Lucinda flashed him a polite but confused smile as she wondered who he was, "Good morning Mister...?"

"Harry Jonas."

Her eyes widened in surprise and she raised a hand to her lips to mute the gasp that had just escaped from it, "Mr. Harry Jonas?" Of everybody to see her right now, why did it have to be him? Everyone at her former office knew him as the boss since he was the one who always visited there for inspections. He was known to be ruthless and mean when he wanted to, and he had a reputation of always firing at least one person whenever he visited.

Harry didn't need anyone to tell him what was going on in her head, so he flashed her a smile to calm her down, "I see you're just coming in at... What is it by your time?" He asked, looking at her wristwatch.

"I'm sorry I'm late. My fiance got involved in an accident last night, and I had to be with him at the hospital all through the night while he fought for his life. I only just arrived in the city a few minutes ago. I would have called, but I didn't have the office line, and I didn't know who to call." Lucinda lied, making Harry raise a brow.

"Your fiance? And you were there all through the night?"

"Yes. It was really horrible." She said and broke into a false sob, raising her hand to cover her face.

Harry looked at her and decided it was either Tom had met the wrong person at the club, or the lady before him was a world-class liar and actress.

"I guess I understand. But we won't tolerate any form of laxity after today. The meeting was canceled, so I'll show you to your office now and introduce you to your team." Harry said as he led her towards her office.

The meeting had been canceled? Just like that? Why had she been so worried all morning over nothing? If she had known the meeting was going to be canceled she probably wouldn't have been in such a hurry, Lucy thought and sighed when she remembered she had left her thong behind at Tom's house in her hurry.

Enough about last night! It was time to forget the past and focus on the present and future now.. Lucy decided as she hurriedly followed Harry.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 8: Completely Crazy

"She really said that?" Tom asked, howling with laughter as Harry recounted the lie Lucinda had told him.

"She is really not what I expected. I had to let her off the hook just because of you though, or maybe it was because she looked pretty nervous when I introduced myself to her." Harry said with an easy shrug.

"Thanks. Hope she settled in well?" Tom asked curiously after his laughter settled down.

"She did."

"Good. So after you left earlier, I was thinking." Tom said with a look on his face that had Harry shaking his head.

"Not good. I'm sure whatever you want to say isn't good." Harry said making Tom chuckle.

"Well, I need a job and a house," Tom said making Harry frown.

"You have a mansion, and you don't just have a job, but you own the most successful company in the country." Harry reminded him.

"Sure. Find out where Lucy lives, and see if you can get me an apartment very close to her..."

"What?" Harry asked in disbelief.

"Let's just say I'm bored. I want to get to know her and be friends with her without her knowing about this aspect of my life."

"What if she is in a relationship?" Harry asked skeptically.

Ads by Pubfuture

"That should be part of me getting to know her. And about the job... I want to be her personal driver. So that means you have to give her an official car. Tell her it comes with her promotion package." Tom said making Harry's mouth drop in disbelief.

"There is absolutely no way I'm letting you do this! You're completely out of your mind!" Harry exclaimed.

"Maybe. Just humor this crazy friend of yours and do as you're told." Tom said with a grin.

"What do you hope to accomplish by being her driver?" Harry asked in confusion.

"That's also a part of me getting to know her. So make it happen before the end of the day." Tom said with a smile, pleased with himself for coming up with such a brilliant plan.

"I really think this is crazy. Completely crazy.!"

"I think so too. And that's more reason I want to do something completely crazy." Tom said with a smile as he thought of Lucy. She not only intrigued him but also aroused his curiosity. He was willing to do as much crazy things as he could just to get to know her.

"I'll just get to it then." Harry said as he headed for the door, and then stopped when he remembered something, "That reminds me, your mother called earlier, she asked that you return her call immediately you get the message." Harry said making Tom groan.

"We could just pretend like I haven't received the message yet, right?" Tom asked Harry who shook his head.

"No, we can't. Every single time I've tried to lie to her in the past, she caught me. So I'm just going to tell her the truth if she calls again and asks why you haven't returned her call." Harry warned making Tom shake his head.

"Coward. Just leave, I'll call her now. Did she give you any hint as to why she wants me to call her?" Tom remembered to ask.

"She only asked about your girlfriend and if things are going smoothly..."

"And what did you say?" Tom interrupted before Harry could finish.

"I told her everything was fine."

"Good. I'll return her call right away." Tom said and waited until Harry had left before picking up his phone.

"I learned you had a hooker over last night. Is that how I brought you up? Don't tell me your wealth is beginning to get into your head." Sixty years old Evelyn Hank asked the moment she accepted his call.

"First of all, she's not a hooker, and secondly it's none of your business who I bring into my home or what I do in my home," Tom said in an easy voice.

"So am I to assume the lady you passed the night with is your girlfriend?" Evelyn asked ignoring what he had just said.

"You're free to assume whatever you please. How are you?" Tom asked, changing the subject.

"I'm alright. I read in the papers that you finally bought Oceans airline... Well done son. I'm proud of you." Evelyn said making Tom smile.

"Thanks. How is dad?"

"You should come to see us if you're so concerned about your father." His mother said with a snort.

"I've just been really busy lately. I'll visit you soon. I promise."

"If you say so. What about your siblings? When last did you hear from them? Or you've been too busy to reach out?" She asked making Tom wince guiltily.

"I'll give them a call the moment I hang up," Tom said apologetically.

"You should do that. Heaven knows I miss the lot of you around the house. Everywhere seems so silent without any of you around. It would be good to have grandchildren playing around here." Evelyn said making Tom chuckle since he had been waiting for her to say it as usual.

"I'm sure you'll get plenty of them soon. So you should try to enjoy the silence for the time being. And if you get too bored, you both can travel down here. My house is big enough for you all."

"Yeah, maybe we should do that soon. I'll just talk to your siblings." Evelyn said thoughtfully.

"I have to go now. I love you, mom.." Tom said before hanging up.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 9: Hopefully Not

Now that she was relaxed in her office, after doing the majority of the paperwork she needed to do, Lucy's thoughts drifted back to the event of the previous night and the mansion she had woken up in that morning. She sat up as she thought about Tom. Who was he? She wished she could remember how he had made love to her, but the only thing she could remember was the pre-intimacy and how he had made her scream and moan loudly. Her face colored in embarrassment when she remembered the man who she had met outside the bedroom door. Had he possibly heard her scream? She really hoped not.

She suddenly remembered she hadn't checked her phone since she woke up because of the rush to get to the office on time, and she quickly dipped her hand in her handbag and took out her phone. She bit her lower lip when she saw over fifty missed call notifications and about five text message notifications. She had no doubt who the calls and texts were from. Her parents, her twin brother, Lucas, and her best friend Sonia.

Two of the text messages were from her mother asking her to call her immediately she saw the call, one was from her father threatening to file a missing person report if she failed to contact them before the end of the day. another was from Lucas asking her to call him immediately she saw his text. And the last was from Sonia asking her why she wasn't taking her call, and if she had been kidnapped by a serial killer.

She called her parents first and assured them she was okay and had been too busy unpacking to check her phone, before returning her Lucas' call.

"You got us all worried, where were you?" Lucas asked, sounding very relieved to hear from her.

"I went partying last night and I got drunk... You won't believe I woke up really late and arrived at the office over two hours late." Lucy said making her brother's brow furrow.

"That was a very risky thing to do knowing you do not have the head for alcohol. What about your boss? Did he query you?" Lucas asked in concern.

"Just a little bit. But I took care of it. How did you celebrate your birthday?" She asked curiously.

"Well, I celebrated it at the hospital. There was an emergency case and being the doctor in charge, I had to be here for most of the day." Lucas explained.

"Don't worry, I had enough fun for two," Lucy said making Lucas chuckle.

Ads by Pubfuture
"I'm sure you did. I really wish I could have helped you move. What do you think about the city? Are the people over there friendly? What about your apartment? Any nice neighbors?"

"It's still too early to tell. When I have the answer to your questions I'll let you know. For now, I need to hang up so I can return Sonia's call." Lucy said before hanging up.

She decided to surprise Sonia with her checklist before giving her a call, so she opened her gallery and transferred the photos she had taken the previous evening after dressing up, to Sonia, before picking up her journal and sending a picture of her checklist to Sonia.

She giggled when her phone started ringing almost immediately, "NO WAY! You definitely didn't do that!" Sonia said in disbelief Immediately Lucy received her call.

"Yes, I did," Lucy said with a giggle.

"Oh my God! Do you mean you really got deflowered last night? Oh my God! How was it? What did it feel like? Who is the guy? What does he look like? Let's switch to video call, I want to see your face." Sonia said as she quickly switched the call to FaceTime, while Lucy grinned from ear to ear.

"Why did no one tell me my nipples could be so sensitive?" Lucy asked in an excited whisper making Sonia giggle.

"Details! Give me all the lewd details!" Sonia said and listened as Lucy described all the events of the previous night.

"Oh my God! I feel so embarrassed on your behalf! You mean he actually caught a glimpse of the checklist?" Sonia asked as she howled with laughter.

"I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me! I've never felt more embarrassed in my entire life!" Lucy said before continuing with her story.

"Wow! I wish I was there! I can't believe you lost your virginity on your first night in a new city to a stranger! Gurl!!! I'm fucking proud of you. Maybe I should come there and find myself someone, to warm my bed at night!" Sonia said thoughtfully.

"You're just a LovePeddler!" Lucy responded with a giggle, which Sonia joined in

"Wow! I really hope you meet this handsome stranger again." Sonia said after they settled down.

"It was just a one-night stand. I have no intention of meeting him again or having anything to do with him for that matter. I'm still not interested in men." Lucy said making Sonia roll her eyes.

"You don't want to experience that pleasure again?" Sonia asked.

"Well, I could get a vibrator," Lucy said with a shrug.

"A vibrator won't suck your nipples or your clit!" Sonia pointed out.

"I'm sure I'd get something that can do the job in a good intimacy gadget shop! All I need to do is find one around here. Enough about me! How's your story coming?" Lucy asked, changing the subject.

"I'm having a sort of writer's block at the moment. I've been trying to write the next chapter but I can't. And my editor keeps calling! He is literally driving me crazy!" Sonia said through clenched teeth.

"Calm down. I'm sure you'd figure something out. Maybe you should take a break from writing. Go out and have fun. You never can tell, you could get your ideas outdoor." Lucy suggested making Sonia roll her eyes.

"Says the one person who never leaves her bedroom." Sonia countered.

"Well, that's me. I'm an introvert whereas you're an extrovert."

"No, I'm an ambivert. But whatever. I'll just take your suggestion and step out of the house. I need a break after all. And who knows? I just might find my own Tom." Sonia said making Lucy laugh.

"I wish you good luck with that. Got to go now. Let's talk later." Lucy said before hanging up. Was there any chance of her bumping into Tom again? Hopefully not! She thought as she returned her attention to the documents in front of her.
Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 5:55pm On Sep 01, 2023
Chapter 10: Neighbor

Immediately Lucy returned home from work that evening, she collapsed on the couch. Luckily for her finding an apartment in the city had been much easier than she had thought possible. Immediately she was informed of her promotion on Friday, the first thing she had done was check for available apartments on the net, and she had been able to get an affordable one on such short notice. Her parents had suggested she live in a hotel since the company had offered to give her allowances to take care of her living expenses until she was fully settled, but she had seen it as a wasteful venture, especially since she didn't like the idea of lodging in a hotel.

She took off her shoes and sat up to have a good look around her apartment. She was yet to fully unpack, so her things were scattered all over the place. And she winced when she saw the clothes she had worn the previous night on the floor. She had taken it off and dumped the gown on the floor along with her shoes as she quickly changed into her work clothes that morning.

She forced herself to stand up, and then took off her office clothes and changed into a short and crop top, before bending down to pick up the clothes. Soon she got busy with arranging her things and putting everything in place. She was sweating profusely, and her clothes were all messed up by the time she paused to take a break and drink water. She glanced at the clock and was surprised to see it was past 7 PM already, and she had been busy for over an hour.

She raised her head when she heard the sound of her doorbell. Why was anyone ringing her doorbell? She wondered as she dropped the bottle of water she had been holding and headed for the door to see who it was. She spied through the window and her heart almost dropped when she saw Tom standing there with something which looked like a tray in his hand.

Tom? How did he find out where she was living? Did he have someone follow her? She had deliberately turned down the man's offer to drop her off at home and had only pleaded with him to drop her off somewhere she could easily get a cab to her house, so how on earth had he found out where she was living? This was supposed to be a one-night stand for crying out loud! Lucy thought, at the edge of panic as she tried to make up her mind on what to do.

"Hello?" Tom greeted making her jump back in surprise when she realized he was now standing in front of the window looking directly at her.

Ads by Pubfuture

"Oh! Hi! Who... Who are... Who are you?" She stuttered, pretending not to recognize him. She knew she was looking quite different in her glasses and with her hair tied in a bun, so she was counting on that to help keep her identity.

"Hi! My name is Tom. I'm your next-door neighbor, came to welcome you to the neighborhood." Tom said with a grin as he held up the tray so she could see the contents. Lucy's stomach rumbled in protest when she saw the apple peach cobbler he was carrying, reminding her she was yet to eat anything all day.

Next door neighbor? Oh, God! The mansion where they had passed the night wasn't his? How was he her neighbor? "Oh! Okay!" She said, feeling thankful that he hadn't recognized her.

"The door?" Tom reminded her.

"Oh! Yeah! I'll get it!" She said with a nervous laugh as she quickly moved over to the door to unlock it, and nervously tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear the moment his face came into view.

She reached out to take the tray from him, but Tom moved it out of her reach as he walked into her apartment, "You're just unpacking? Do you need help?" He asked when he noticed the way she was sweating and saw some of her furniture and photo frames on the floor.

"No, I got it. Thanks." She said, standing away from him with both hands in her pocket.

Tom noticed she was yet to shut the door, and he could tell it was a polite way of telling him he wasn't welcome to stay, "Oh come on! I just have to help you unpack. I can't let a pretty young lady like you move all this heavy stuff around yourself." Tom insisted we he dropped the tray on the table and faced her, "So what can I do? Hold on! why do you look so familiar?" He asked peering into her face.

Lucy swallowed nervously and quickly turned away from him, "Do I? I'm not sure I've met you before." She said with a nervous smile which made Tom chuckle.

"I guess you're one of those people," Tom said with a smile.

"One of what people?" She asked in confusion.

"The sort to forget everything that happens after taking alcohol. Don't worry. It's fine. I remember enough for us both. Wow! Who would have thought you'd end up becoming my next-door neighbor? Could this be coincidence or Fate?" He asked sounding genuinely surprised.

Lucy cleared her throat, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You're Lucinda Perry, aren't you? We met at the club last night." He said as he picked up her company's identity card from the table before she could stop him, making Lucinda's face color with embarrassment.

"Wow! You look really different with your hair up, and with these glasses on. I almost could not recognize you." Tom said as he looked at her with a grin.

"What do you want?" Lucy asked with a weary sigh. He wasn't going to blackmail her, was he? Her heartbeat doubled at the thought as she looked at him with a frightened expression on her face.. What if he had taken nude photos of her and was going to demand money or leak them on the net? She wondered as she started breathing really fast.

1 Like

Re: One Wild Night (A Romance Story) by YoungTobi(m): 6:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
Chapter 11: Good Friendly Neighbors

with the bulk of the work I'll leave you to it and return to my apartment. I need to check on my siblings." Tom said as he hurried towards the door.

"Oh! You're not going to have a taste of the apple pie?" She called out as he hurried towards the door.

"It's for you, so enjoy it. I've got some at home. You can bring the tray to the apartment next door when you're done." He said as he shut the door behind him.

Immediately he was out he grinned to himself, proud of himself for acting so neighborly, and very glad he had come up with a good excuse to leave in such a friendly manner.. She wanted a good friendly neighbor? She was going to get just that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

"Catholic Contradictions" The Longest Poem Written By A Nigerian On Poem Hunter / The Devil She Knows / My First Book Of Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 227
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.