Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! (701 Views)

30th May: The Reason Why Ojukwu Declared Biafra / Reason Why Ojukwu Forgave Awolowo On The Civil War 1967 -1970 / Bashir El-Rufai: Ojukwu Was A Failed Hero - El-rufai’s Son Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2023
When I see some myopic people or even enemies try to blackmail Ojukwu for his heroic deeds, I laugh!

Every Igbo man should celebrate the image, life and times of Ojukwu because he was our greatest hero of all times!

If not for Ojukwu, we would have faced serious existencial threat or even risk of being wiped out in Nigeria. I will explain:

Igbos have been targeted and killed in Nigeria dating back to the 1940's! In fact, it was a recurring threat from that period until they took it to brazen heights in 1966 when they organized pogroms that left an estimated 30,000 Igbos dead across Northern Nigeria. Remember that Ahmadu Bello, the then premier of Northern Nigeria kept promoting hate against Igbos in the North until his people eventually carried out pogrom against Igbos.

What did Ojukwu do? He demanded that federal government must protect Igbos in the North and also make reparations to those that were killed or wounded. The federal government ignored Ojukwu and worse still, refused to be decisive enough in stopping the mass attacks against Igbos.

When diplomacy failed, Ojukwu requested that Northerners living in the East should be evacuated back to their region since there was mass anger in the East over killings of their people in the North. He made that request to prevent further retaliatory attacks on them. Already, reports that some of them were now facing attacks in some Eastern cities like P.H and Enugu were beginning to emerge.

Soon, thousands of Igbo returnees suddenly returned to the East with nothing else except tales of woes. Many families had some members either killed or maimed. Others had their buildings, cars etc totally destroyed. Despite all these attrocious acts, the federal government never apprehended those that committed them. Nothing was done to assuage the feelings of Igbos and assure them they're still wanted in Nigeria.

If Ojukwu hadn't declared Biafra, of course with full support of Eastern Nigeria, we would have become complete slaves in Nigeria! No shred of dignity would have been left. It would mean that anything can be done to Igbos & nothing will happen.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 10:30am On Sep 01, 2023
Ojukwu was already privileged. He was from a very wealthy family. He was the military ruler of Eastern Nigeria. But he understood what was at stake for Igbos. Our future, self preservation and dignity has become eroded. He understood the odds were against us but as a courageous man, he didn't allow that to make him give up. At this point, one Awolowo stated that if Igbos should leave Nigeria, that he would take his people out of Nigeria too. But when Ojukwu pulled out, he became morbidly afraid. He claimed that Hausa soldiers were camped in Ibadan and Abeokuta barracks. As if Hausa soldiers weren't camped in Enugu and P.H barracks until Ojukwu asked them to leave East! Anyways, cowards will always give excuses while courageous men will brave the odds. During the time of the Roman Empire, when men were men. They always fight to protect their land, their women, their children and their history! Even when they're outnumbered, men during that era will rather fight and die with honor than watch and see their people debased and taken into captivity!

Today, despite losing a war and being blackmailed and conspired against, Igbos still have their dignity and honor in tact! However, same can't be said of those that cowardly gave excuses why they can't protect their honor. Look deeply, and you will see they were given a Trojan horse which opened them to infiltration and gradual conquest.

Total respect to Odumegwu Ojukwu. The greatest Igbo man that lived!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Wainey: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2023
grin Ojukwu is ur hero but Isaac Adaka boro is not a hero?

How does that work?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by kettykings: 10:43am On Sep 01, 2023
The Nigerian Civil War appears to be a milestone or turning point in the igbo journey to nationhood.

Unlike the igbo leadership of that eea , there appears to be a big lacuna in leadership in the east since mbakwe, Jim Nwobodo era. Let's see if soludo and otti will recreate that feat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by gidgiddy: 10:48am On Sep 01, 2023
Ojukwu saw the future. He saw that Nigeria would be the disaster it is today and tried to fight with his people out of it

Its very unfortunate he failed, now his people are trapped in the disaster, but not forever

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 10:59am On Sep 01, 2023
Wainey:
grin Ojukwu is ur hero but Isaac Adaka boro is not a hero?

How does that work?

What has this post got to do with Adaka boro? Are you sure you're okay upstairs? Or should I recommend a good psychiatrist for you grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by aQUINandmore: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2023
Is he the same man that ran away and left his vulnerable people in the war front by dressing like a woman?

5 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by spagettiluv: 11:10am On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
Is he the same man that ran away and left his vulnerable people in the war front by dressing like a woman?
you mean the coward ojukwu who was hiding in his underground car park he called “ojukwu bunker” whilst he sent his people out on a "chicken run" with WWII rifles to confront the might of the federal troops.

After losing 3 million souls, he finally left his bunker where he and his toy soldiers had been feeding fat at the expense of his vulnerable folks who were dropping dead like flies, from hunger & kwashorko, in the middle of the night like a quintessential coward,he flee to Abidjan disguised in his wife attire lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:13am On Sep 01, 2023
Ikemba was not just a brave & intelligent soldier but a great historian.

A Legend!

5 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by aQUINandmore: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2023
spagettiluv:
you mean the coward ojukwu who was hiding in his underground car park he called “ojukwu bunker” whilst he sent his people out on a "chicken run" with WWII rifles to confront the might of the federal troops.

After losing 3 million souls, he finally left his bunker where he and his toy soldiers had been feeding fat at the expense of his vulnerable folks who were dropping dead like flies, from hunger & kwashorko, in the middle of the night like a quintessential coward,he flee to Abidjan disguised in his wife attire lol
but he can't fit into his wife's dress na, from the pictures I have seen those dress can't be his wife's.

His wife was very slim and he was kinda muscular.
Maybe a tailor made a dress for him or he borrowed his colleagues wife's dress.

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by spagettiluv: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
but he can't fit into his wife's dress na, from the pictures I have seen those dress can't be his wife's.

His wife was very slim and he was kinda muscular.
Maybe a tailor made a dress for him or he borrowed his colleagues wife's dress.
I love your view from these angle
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by aQUINandmore: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2023
spagettiluv:
I love your view from these angle
thank you, please can you send me a pm I think I'm falling in love with you already.
I love you kiss kiss
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Bigkoko: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2023
A leader who can mobilize the full economy & intelligentsia into full blown production deserve the praise of the world!

Construction:
* Airstips & Airports within 24 hours despite bombardment from Egyptian pilots flying Migs.
* Shore Batteries at Onitsha, Oguta, Port Harcourt (Sabotaged by Ogonis), Bonny (sabotaged by Ikwerres), Owerri. Much akin to Hitler Atlantic Wall from Normandy France to Bergen Norway.

Armament:
* Air defense batteries.
* Unguided Rocket systems
* Impact detonators.
* Landmines.
* Remodeled Akwa made rifles.
* Armor personnel carriers & Tanks. Gullible Africans simply stuck to names like Ogbunigwe. Call it what it is: Rocket System in its purest stage!

Refinery:
* Crude oil refining without a single EXPARTE.

Air Traffic & Logistics.
* Full Radar set up & logistics planning.

God punish all those thieves holding the Giant of Africa down because of free money! Together with their western power brokers.

Till date Nigeria can not build any of the following without Western Companies aide & complete Process Control. Was not expecting any thing better when most of the politicians are certificate forgers as opposed to great folks like late Gen Ojukwu who graduated from Oxford. No need mentioning the current usurper in Aso Rock whose certificate is still subject to credibility test.

Ojukwu & his war economy team understood Rocket propulsion systems far before 60% of European Countries did!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:

Lol, coming from those that are too timid to the point they're banned from celebrating their cultural festival by their masters?

If Awolowo hadn't chickened out like the coward he is, your people won't be suffering in the hands of Fulanis today grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by aQUINandmore: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2023
proeast:

Lol, coming from those that are too timid to the point they're banned from celebrating their cultural festival by their masters?

If Awolowo hadn't chickened out like the coward he is, your people won't be suffering in the hands of Fulanis today grin grin
I only asked a question, and I expected a yes or no for an answer.

I am purebred edo babe.
My dream sugar daddy is Bola Ahmed tinubu.
I love you tinubu baby😘😘
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2023
Bigkoko:
A leader who can mobilize the full economy & intelligentsia into full blown production deserve the praise of the world!

Construction:
* Airstips & Airports within 24 hours despite bombardment from Egyptian pilots flying Migs.
* Shore Batteries at Onitsha, Oguta, Port Harcourt (Sabotaged by Ogonis), Bonny (sabotaged by Ikwerres), Owerri. Much akin to Hitler Atlantic Wall from Normandy France to Bergen Norway.

Armament:
* Air defense batteries.
* Unguided Rocket systems
* Impact detonators.
* Landmines.
* Remodeled Akwa made rifles.
* Armor personnel carriers & Tanks. Gullible Africans simply stuck to names like Ogbunigwe. Call it what it is: Rocket System in its purest stage!

Refinery:
* Crude oil refining without a single EXPARTE.

Air Traffic & Logistics.
* Full Radar set up & logistics planning.

God punish all those thieves holding the Giant of Africa down because of free money! Together with their western power brokers.

Till date Nigeria can not build any of the following without Western Companies aide & complete Process Control. Was not expecting any thing better when most of the politicians are certificate forgers as opposed to great folks like late Gen Ojukwu who graduated from Oxford. No need mentioning the current usurper in Aso Rock whose certificate is still subject to credibility test.

Ojukwu & his war economy team understood Rocket propulsion systems far before 60% of European Countries did!

Due to Ojukwu's bravery, we had the opportunity of being the first Black technologically advanced country. We saw a glimpse of what an African powerful nation can look like!

The technological exploits we made then was a proof that Blacks ain't inferior to the Whites.

God bless Ojukwu for giving us the opportunity to showcase how far the Igbos can go if given the chance!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
I only asked a question, and I expected a yes or no for an answer.

I am purebred edo babe.
My dream sugar daddy is Bola Ahmed tinubu.
I love you tinubu baby😘😘

I also answered you accordingly. Meanwhile, I'm also a Northerner but I must say Ojukwu was a great man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by aQUINandmore: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2023
proeast:

I also answered you accordingly. Meanwhile, I'm also a Northerner but I must say Ojukwu was a great man.
would you call your dad a great man if he runs away dressed as a woman when his age mates are fighting your family at home?

4 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Wainey: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2023
proeast:

What has this post got to do with Adaka boro? Are you sure you're okay upstairs? Or should I recommend a good psychiatrist for you grin
I am asking, what is the difference between Ojukwu and Adaka Boro?

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wainey:
I am asking, what is the difference between Ojukwu and Adaka Boro?

Create a thread with that question, tag me and I will come there to answer you accordingly!

As you can see, I never mentioned Adaka boro, so why bring him here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 12:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
aQUINandmore:
would you call your dad a great man if he runs away dressed as a woman when his age mates are fighting your family at home?

If only there is a single Yoruba man with half the courage of Ojukwu, Illorin won't have been an emirate today grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Wainey: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
proeast:

Create a thread with that question, tag me and I will come there to answer you accordingly!

As you can see, I never mentioned Adaka boro, so why bring him here
hypocrite.
So You don't want to talk about Adaka boro, but you can talk about Awolowo and fulani in this same thread grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by T9ksy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
proeast:

Yes, Yorubas will be suffering at the hands of igbos who have always wanted to dominate everyone. That's the main grouse igbos have with Yorubas as they would rather be "slaves" in a union
of Nigerians than be slaves to igbos.

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wainey:
hypocrite.
So You don't want to talk about Adaka boro, but you can talk about Awolowo and fulani in this same thread grin grin

Same cowardly traits I'm talking about!
Yoruba man, why do you always run away and hide behind others all the time?

Face the facts and stop trying so hard to divert attention from the topic.

Dem swear for una?

Anyways, you can't be eating green watery shit called ewedu and still be normal grin grin
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
As it stands today. Peter Obi is greater than Ojukwu and Nnamdi Kanu combined.
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 3:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
T9ksy:

Yes, Yorubas will be suffering at the hands of igbos who have always wanted to dominate everyone. That's the main grouse igbos have with Yorubas as they would rather be "slaves" in a union
of Nigerians than be slaves to igbos.

If Igbos didn't dominate minorities in the East when we were together under one government, why then will the yorubas that claim to outnumber Igbos be so afraid?

Even today, they keep crying that Igbos have taken over Lagos grin grin
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Wainey: 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2023
proeast:

Same cowardly traits I'm talking about!
Yoruba man, why do you always run away and hide behind others all the time?

Face the facts and stop trying so hard to divert attention from the topic.

Dem swear for una?

Anyways, you can't be eating green watery shit called ewedu and still be normal grin grin
both Ojukwu and Adaka boro both fought for the liberation of their people.

But Ojukwu is a hero while Adaka boro is not, hypocrite grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by AfonjaEmir: 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2023
Adaka Boro is like ASARI...

Is Asari a hero? cool

Wainey:

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Wainey: 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2023
AfonjaEmir:
Adaka Boro is like ASARI...

Is Asari a hero? cool

Adaka boro is like Ojukwu.

Nnamdi Kanu is like Asari, infact Asari is even bigger than Kanu

1 Like

Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by AfonjaEmir: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2023
But everyday, you are crying and calling Nnamdi Kanu's name?

You are not even calling SIMON EKPA that is in Finland. Its Nnamdi Kanu, that is making you become foolish everyday.

How many Times have you even hailed Asari, the fat pig?

IGBOs get levels ..FACTs cool

Wainey:
Adaka boro is like Ojukwu.

Nnamdi Kanu is like Asari, infact Asari is even bigger than Kanu
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by Wainey: 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2023
AfonjaEmir:
But everyday, you are crying and calling Nnamdi Kanu's name?

You are not even calling SIMON EKPA that is in Finland. Its Nnamdi Kanu, that is making you become foolish everyday.

How many Times have you even hailed Asari, the fat pig?

IGBOs get levels ..FACTs cool

Ok, true them get levels.
I like where this is going, na Asari Dokubo we deg use compare Igbo worth grin

What's the meaning of levels again?
Re: Why Ojukwu Was One Of The Greatest Africans That Lived! by proeast(m): 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
Wainey:

I never mentioned Adaka boro. You're not Ijaw, but an ewedu eating yoruba. Yet you left awo the coward to be talking about boro?

It was such cowardly acts that made you guys lose Illorin forever grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Opens Visa Office In Enugu State / INEC And APC Manufactures Result In ORSU LGA. / Naira Gains As Dollar Liquidity Rises By 155.03%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.