Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

African Military Are As Useless As The Current Politician They Coup Against - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Military Are As Useless As The Current Politician They Coup Against (147 Views)

Russia Warns Of A Military Coup Against Sisi / James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin / Samsung Blocks TVs Looted By South Africans, Making Them Useless (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Military Are As Useless As The Current Politician They Coup Against by AlexBells(m): 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2023
When you see some Nigerians and other Africans cheering coup you will think that the coupists have some substances. They are all useless both the military that plan coups and the politicians they manage to overthrow. First you can’t overthrow a great politician and a great military understands that the governance of the broader society is not a military undertaking for that the broader society have serious complexity that would break the military if military rule is prolonged.

The African military are currently useless and most of them are confused on their responsibility that they have their eyes on the paramount ruling of their countries. They can heap the blames on how the government turn blind eyes on Fight against insurgency and how terrorists are released and all of that but these are all stupid excuses which further shows a failing state with a failing military.

With the little these military was given, they show nothing for it, Nigerian military is even trying but where is Niger’s bio weapon lab, where is Gabon’s space force institute, where is Nigeria’s aircraft carrier? The military has it’s own budget, apart from fighting insurgency, what other positive contributions are these military making in the society.

I try to come from an angle of balance, I’m neither siding the military nor the politician, I have strong affiliation with both, just that the two system are just trying to blame the other and I say, unless the system changes, both are currently useless in Africa.

As for the current coup I appreciate that they are given enough time not more than a year and six months to set their country in the right part and bring back democracy or any other form of government acceptable to the people and go back to barracks this is because military men are trained in the art of war not in the art of governance of complex society and if they stay longer than important in power, they would either create wars, mutiny or high scale abuse of the ordinary people.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The UAE Closes The Page On The Dispute With Saudi Arabia After A Us-iranian Deal / Thousands Of Japanese Gather In Israel Embassy To Protest Genocide In Gaza (vid) / This Is The Only Solution To The Israeli/palestinian Conflict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.