Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin (52208 Views)

Is China Having A Coup & Is Xi Jinping Under House Arrest? What You Should Know / Russia Vs Ukraine: What Is SWIFT And Could It Be Used Against Putin? / U.S. Forces Were Training The Guinean Soldiers Who Took Off To Stage A Coup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by lalasticlala(m): 8:07pm On Feb 26, 2022
World turns on 'madman' Putin as minister urges Russian generals to stage a COUP and end 'illogical' leader's 'Tsarist fantasy'

*Foreign Office minister James Cleverly has made an appeal to Russian generals

*He urged them to step in to stop 'illogical' Vladimir Putin's 'Tsarist fantasy'

World leaders and former officials have turned on 'insane' Vladimir Putin as a Foreign Office minister urged Russian generals to stage a coup to stop his 'Tsarist fantasy'.

FCDO minister James Cleverly said military chiefs know the Russian president is increasingly 'isolated' and 'illogical' as he tries to 'recreate a Russian Empire in his mind'.

And in a highly unusual step, he effectively appealed for them to stage a coup - saying 'they are in a position to stop this and we call on them to do so'.

Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the former Secretary-General of NATO, told ITV's Peston programme that Russia's current behaviour is not rational or logical.

Czech President Miloš Zeman said it was a mistake that he once believed that Putin was not 'crazy enough' to attack Ukraine - calling the autocrat a 'madman'.

The extraordinary intervention came as ministers warned that Mr Putin looking increasingly unstable, after a bizarre address to the nation where he ranted at length about the Soviet Union's history.

Ukrainian MP Vadym Galaichuk echoed this during an interview on Sky News when he said: 'The Kremlin has just gone bonkers.'

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said yesterday that he appeared to have 'gone Tonto'.

One Cabinet minister told MailOnline earlier this week that the Russian premier might have been playing too much 'Call of Duty'.

During a round of interviews this morning, Mr Cleverly told Sky News: 'Ukraine is not part of Russia. The fantasy that President Putin is trying to play out – creating some kind of Tsarist expansionist Russia – absolutely has to be stopped.

Ukraine is a huge country physically. I have no doubt the Ukrainian people will be ferocious in defence of their homelands.

'The military leaders must know that this will come at a huge cost – not just to Ukrainians but to Russians.

'They are in a position, even if Vladimir Putin won't, they are in a position to stop this and we call on them to do so.'

Jailed Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny said he was against Moscow's invasion of Ukraine as he stood trial from prison after President Vladimir Putin launched an attack.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10547457/Minister-urges-Russian-generals-stage-COUP-against-Putin.html

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Lamasta(m): 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2022
World turns on 'madman' Putin

Putin is a madman....

Ukraine is not part of Russia

Ukraine is a sovereign nation and the madman must respect that cool

158 Likes 7 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
i dont think they have that gut..Putin is ruling Russia as his empire. He is among the most powerful leaders in the world

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by CrownedPhoenix: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2022
shocked

But doing so is against the ideals of democracy .

The headline might be misleading though because I don't see anywhere he expressly stated that. Calling on military leaders to step in doesn't necessarily mean calling on them to stage a coupé

Russia needs to leave Ukrainians alone to their sovereignty. Pull out of Ukraine, return to Russia and enjoy your sanctions in peace

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Frank25: 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2022
I believe putin is building an imaginary empire in his mind. Putting a call across to the predeccessors of the russian empires won't yield any benefits , i presume he should be warned of the dangers he is strolling in

I perceive danger is lurking around

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Beremx(f): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
grin

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by SultanOfPuna: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Pastor Righteousness praying For Putin

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by WibusJaga: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Abeg o. Make dem take am easy with this Madman Putin, before e go provoke throw one nuke bomb.
I just marry dis year o & I need to enjoy the fruit of my investment small. cheesy

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Hezzyluv: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Putin putting himself and Russians into mess

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by staom: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
All these Nigerian guys praising Putin, I never understand una relationship oo

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by IboHausaYoruba: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hmmn! Two wrongs don't make a right. Nevertheless, Putin has all the Russian military under his carpet. Putin is a mafia, gangster and agbero combined into one heady person.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Leun: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Anyone here agrees putin is a mad man?

But seriously, what's the fate of our people in Ukraine, to think that we in Nigeria our government has little to no interest in the general welfare, how much more of those in diaspora.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by AlphikkaTech: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2022
Propaganda News

You can see how American media made it look like it was a minister in Kremlin Russia that made the statement.

Putin is wise, he made the right decision to invade Ukraine and end NATO encroachment into Russian mainland.

A lot of NIGERIANs are not educated about the Ukraine-Russia conflict hence their support for the United States.

The case of Ukraine is a SOUND warning to all Democratic states, Ukraine voted in a Comedian to run their country and I hope they are all laughing now.

Ukraine saw too Giants fighting and decided to join the fight instead of choosing neutrality or playing them against each other.

Long live NIGERIA, long live RUSSIA

94 Likes 13 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by bestpunterever: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
oya naw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Walkee: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
I stand with Vladimir Putin, the greatest man in the world.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by tyson98: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
Make dem come overthrow Nigeria too

1 Like

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
Of course, they would tag him as mad

I have a deep sense of loyalty to Putin especially after I watch clips of him on Youtube last year. When he was talking to a boy who just had a kidney transplant. He made me cried and laugh that day. The baby boy was also so jovial and was asking questions.... He was so polite to the boy's parent and he asked his mother" Can I touch him". When he was leaving, he kissed the boy.

No matter how hard the western media are trying hard to paint Putin bad.... That man will be a hero to me....

103 Likes 8 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by ChangetheChange: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
cheesy
Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Lovenorth: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
Putin is the most loved and cherished President in the world right now, anybody that is not happy with his action should head straight to Ukraine or shut up

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Newton2024: 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2022
Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by DoggoneDogg: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
He has to first assassinate that evil, negro-hating witch Queen he is worshipping in his country first.

Hypocrite

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by McOluOmo: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
In a prayer they include "May the people of Russia be converted"

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Docodes(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
Na ment? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by LollySeaSide: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
Putin already has the military in his pocket.
Putin is one of the most corrupt politicians in the world and the corruption extends deeply into the Russian military.
Top military personnel are benefitting heavily from this nonsense that Russia is displaying.
I can only imagine the amount of money that'll be quoted at the end of the day for the execution of the "special military operation" in Ukraine.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Mko123(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
Q
Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Btruth: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2022
Hummm.....seconded!
Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by Mustiboy(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
You'd be surprised how much the Russians love Putin.

The generals respect him, which is a result of admiration and fear.

Ain't no way a coup is happening, when they all can't come to one agreement. Putin is loved and hated.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Cleverly Tells Russian Generals To Stage A Coup Against Putin by bigjoe1000(m): 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2022
VERY WICKED PRESIDENT JUST LIKE BUHARI

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Are Stranded - Nigerians Living In Ukraine Cry Out / Anti Mohammed Cartoon Shootings In America / Trump Stops Automatic Citizenship For People Born Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.