Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi (28732 Views)

Tollgates To Return As FG Grants Individuals Licence To Build, Maintain Highways / Katsina Residents Block Highways, Protest Against Bandits, Kidnappings / LASG Installs 2,000 Okada, Tricycle Restriction Signs On Major Highways, Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Bravepenis: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2023
tuoyoojo:
Abeg make una help me break down this tori...them say them wan build road when so free so tay na 4 hours e go take to travel for lagos to abuja.....at what speed abeg

By the way, it's about 700km from abuja to lagos

The car would be doing about 175km/h be that o

Umahi, abeg talk another thing

My country man 😊, the talkative just want to make us the racer have an interuptable orgasm for nothing considering so many factors obstructing our speeds on the roads
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by CodeTemplar: 9:25am On Sep 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Woah! That's impressive.
#RenewedHope
Nothing impressive about a project that may never start and if started may never be completed due to corruption of inflated rate of contract/pausity of funds.
What about politically motivated vandals?
This is akother time wasting idea to allow them tunnel barely saved funds into private pockets. Will Lagos to Abuja be the only movement within Nigeria? Though a busy route, it may be too costly for Nigerians generally to expend so much resources into a Lagos Abuja rail.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by JOemmy(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2023
Irony1:

Have you factored out the inpact of the terrain on the cost of the project? Some projects re not just feasible based in ROI and if you now factor in corruption it is a no brainer. The man should just focused first on restoring the current federal roads and make them worthwhile instead of all this political statements that he will later say he didn't say them.

That terrain is the second largest oil producing region in nigeria the communities living in that area deserve the road to better their lives.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Irony1: 11:35am On Sep 02, 2023
JOemmy:

That terrain is the second largest oil producing region in nigeria the communities living in that area deserve the road to better their lives.

Doesn't work that way my friend. Yes they deserve that road perhaps to link other areas in Ondo first
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by JOemmy(m): 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Irony1:

Doesn't work that way my friend. Yes they deserve that road perhaps to link other areas in Ondo first

Linking the road to Lekki is nothing special after all their oil money is been used to build a rail to niger republic in a normal country that area will definitely be given priority first before any other part of nigeria.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Jephyard(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
Umahi is either lieing or don't know what is he is talking about. For an Engineer for that matter, he should know better. For your information the forth mainland bridge is starting from Abraham Adesanya, Ajah, Lagos. (Another structural Nonsense from Lagos. Before you asked me I have seen the video. The Lekki epe express way is still another structural nonsense that doesn't make sense to me with the kind of development going on there). Supersonic and road doesn't go together at all. Ask yourself where will they get the money from to run this project.

For those you applauding this nonsense, really shows that it's the followers that is the problem of this country. This nonsense should not be even be news worthy because it practically impossible in Nigeria now with our economic mess. He should be talking about rail line connecting all the state if possible.

Any driver going higher than 150 km/h nah die him dey look for. I did this shit from Lagos to Abuja using through Ondo state for 6 hrs immediately after presidential election. Mercedes Benz - GLK. Broke my tyre rim along Akure - Owo Road. Won't try it ever again.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by coretechng1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2023
tuoyoojo:
Abeg make una help me break down this tori...them say them wan build road when so free so tay na 4 hours e go take to travel for lagos to abuja.....at what speed abeg

By the way, it's about 700km from abuja to lagos

The car would be doing about 175km/h be that o

Umahi, abeg talk another thing
That was what came to my head too..Because I know Lagos to Abuja is like 700km+
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Joyson: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Omo dem go build the road with jet engine parts so that once your tire touch the road nah fly e go dey fly. shocked shocked
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Omoawoke2(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
ntyce:
Na you wan drive am?
It's impossible by car...

Maybe a supersonic train

Very very possible.

I’ve done some road trips in US, the distances of some states is equivalent to Lagos to Abuja and you use 4 hours to 5 hours.

The reason Lagos to Abuja seems far is because there’s no direct road from Lagos to Abuja. You pass through different states combine with bad roads and police stops.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Irony1: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
JOemmy:

Linking the road to Lekki is nothing special after all their oil money is been used to build a rail to niger republic in a normal country that area will definitely be given priority first before any other part of nigeria.

I agree with you.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Bostin(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2023
sharone21:
Some Federal roads need to be worked on in Ogun State eg the abandoned one from Mawuko, in Odeda LGA linking out through Opeji to Ibadan....

Hoping the zeal in Umahi for road and infrastructural development will rub off on Ogun State's government.
How come you know Abeokuta that much .....
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
coretechng1:

That was what came to my head too..Because I know Lagos to Abuja is like 700km+

It maybe some serious construction that may not follow the normal roads. Maybe a straight highway

Make we dey look sha
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bravepenis:

My country man 😊, the talkative just want to make us the racer have an interuptable orgasm for nothing considering so many factors obstructing our speeds on the roads

I just dey reason all those abuja boys wen like to do drag race, na them go full the road. They would be like "Abuja to lagos in 3 hours .who is up for it ?!"
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Nonywendy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
4 hours? Una wan drive fast and furious on that road?
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
NairaMaster1:

Flying car. Politicians lack the fear of God.

Ibadan hold up alone...

Maybe na fly over them go do o

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

me sef no understand even d fastest car sef no fit

but with what someone said up there lagos lead to ondo, if thats in minutes then ondo to abuja should be like 4 hours

but now umahi relate it to 4th mainland bridge that means that bridge go long

Na observe we go just dey observe for now
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2023
Magabush1:
Sometimes,we need to employ what you call critical thinking before making statements. For him to say ,using that route is 4hrs from Lagos to Abuja means the whole movement has been evaluated. If the normal distance is 700km ,it means using this new route may reduced the distance to like 500km or less since it's a shorter cut . Thanks and God bless

Make we dey use corner eye dey observe Umahi.....make we see wetin go occur

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
countryman13:

Hmmmmmmmm ds one na tori wowo coz even blind man sees it as white lie! Lag/Abj wey one mad Hilux driver carried me sef na btw 6/7 hours. Umahi ds news break my head

Bros, e nor get any magic when APC nor go fit do o....make we dey observe

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
Henryfortune:

a supersonic highway designed for travel at high speeds, having more than one lane for each direction of traffic, a safety strip dividing the two directions, and cloverleaves to route the traffic on and off the highway. : Compare expressway.its allows for speed at all leans

With how they inflate contracts sums in Nigeria, do u want to imagine how much that project alone would cost

Just imagine it...factor in all the Nigerian factors while u are at it
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
Portage1:

Hello,
To be very honest and i can be fact checked, Houston Texas to Dallas DFW in Texas is just the same distance going by the 700km referenced. It is just normal to do this same drive in 4 solid hours at normal speed in the US, The roads are good and if this proposed one is equally good, i don't see why this should not be normal? common man! travel more and broaden your knowledge and horizon!

My last trip, I actually left Dallas Texas to Houston Texas at 5:30pm just few months back and i made it to Dallas just around 9:10pm same day..... just 4 hours or add few minutes! It has always been a smooth ride anytime i engage in the drive. It does not even stress me at all. Just buy gas, drive, no barricaded road, not a single one each time. Just dedicated rest areas if you desire to stop and use bathroom.

I am not really sure why it is such a big deal. Mind you, i have been in public transport 3 time between lagos and Abuja, or Owo (in Ondo) to Abuja, so i kind of know whats up.

You just maintain your lane and speed (mostly 75 miles/Hour equivalent of 120 km/Hour) - trust me, you will make it safely within 4 - 5 hours! No olopa, thieves, or any unnecessary delay on the road! We certainly do have highway patrol here, but they are not after you unless you go above speed limit - trust me, they (highway patrol - very stubborn) will pull you over and hand you a ticket (guaranteed $180 or more) if you go beyond the stipulated speed limit. Sometimes you just wonder where the patrol guys are hiding once they stop you! Mind you, it is usually one guy man patrol with his car /suv ooo!

NB: To put things in better perspective, the entire State of Texas is as BIG as Nigeria as a sovereign nation / country. You actually drive 13 hours alone within the State of Texas (Dallas Texas to El Paso Texas as an example). Google is your friend and you are welcome to fact check.

I Had to log on to Nairaland after many years when i saw your comment today! I have been a member here since 1995 0r 94....with the name Portage! not sure if my old post is still available though....made few comments in the past! regarding tourism in Nigeria etc. I only visit here in nairaland to read Nigeria news!
Boss, nice to know that u have left Nigeria and u still make out time to check on Niaraland.
Truth is that many things are possible but how many these are feasible in this country

Other things that run or work smoothly in other countries would suddenly become impossible to achieve here

Not that I wouldn't want Nigeria to succeed but too many vested interested benefitting from things not working in this country

I would like to be optimistic but I am also trying to be realistic .
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 8:55pm On Sep 02, 2023
tsdarkside:

its not even possible at that speed sef....
you have to drive in and out in the ol highway till abuja....

not a good idea to be racin at that speed....
and how many cars can even always do that speed sef....??

with all the cars in bad shape in nigeria,you wan dare something like that....
what a dreamer....

who recommended this fool to become minister....?? amaechi was much better....

Bros, after I do the maths and observe how the average Nigerian car dey. I just weak like dodo
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
sunray:

Travel time by road from Lagos to kano (private car- 1,000km) use to take 10 hours. And Abuja to lagos is not up to 700km.

Bros, u can easily Google or google map to confirm.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2023
Benwallt:

That's what they called breakneck speed. You know that speed on Okada instead of your tears to flowing down your cheeks it will be flowing to the back of your head.

Hahaahaha, just imagine at that speed the bike man will then attempt to talk to u
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Atarakpa:
even 240 per hour you can't abj in 4hrs from lag.

Na die be that o
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 9:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Intergrated:
the road go teleport pass other states to Abuja.

I tell u bros.....black hole things

1 Like

killsmith:
That means you'll have to drive at least 170km per hour for 4 hours. Doesn't seem realistic.

I tell u bros
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Benwallt(m): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Hahaahaha, just imagine at that speed the bike man will then attempt to talk to u

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ damn! You can relate. You go come down, e go be like your legs dey shake
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tsdarkside(m): 10:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Bros, after I do the maths and observe how the average Nigerian car dey. I just weak like dodo

dangerous nonesense....
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by sunray(m): 5:14am On Sep 03, 2023
tuoyoojo:

Bros, u can easily Google or google map to confirm.

Google does not take me to Abuja from Lagos, cars do. Google map shows via sagamu/benin highway to confirm 768.5km. You are right sir but you don't have to go through benin to travel to Abuja.
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by tuoyoojo(m): 7:35am On Sep 03, 2023
sunray:

Google does not take me to Abuja from Lagos, cars do. Google map shows via sagamu/benin highway to confirm 768.5km. You are right sir but you don't have to go through benin to travel to Abuja.

I hope this would clear any doubts that u have kind sir.
Since u say that Google doesn't take u but cars do. Is it that Google map constructs non existing roads for cars to ply

Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by Henryfortune(m): 6:12am On Apr 18
tuoyoojo:

With how they inflate contracts sums in Nigeria, do u want to imagine how much that project alone would cost

Just imagine it...factor in all the Nigerian factors while u are at it

Contractor and government agency always do this things it's a political signature every where in the world my friend knows.where they don't inflate contract
Re: Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways β€” Umahi by RoxyBrownAutos: 8:49am On Apr 18
Four hours Lagos to Abuja,is it by road or by air

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Winning Imo Despite Trailing With Wide Margin, Party Insists / Ekiti Oba Protests Against PHCN In Benin (See Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 40 In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.