Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life (962 Views)

Nigerian Student In Scotland, Chinenye Okonkwo Killed After Being Hit By A Car / The Ultimate Baker’s Dozen For Scotland SEO / 11-yr-old Killer Narrates His Sojourn In The Underworld [video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 2:14am On Sep 02, 2023
This is the story of my life, and I only choose to do this so I can reach out to that person who's been down psychologically , emotionally etc. You've done all you can but it seems things aren't working out well for you, this Thread is for you. I hope my story inspires you and keeps your hope alive.

And to the demons, who can't afford an international passport but jumps from one thread to another , convulsing... You won't get a single reply from me.

And to the higher demons who have travelled out of Nigeria and also gotten another passport but will still tell you that you wasted your time travelling out of 9ja... Best believe me, I'll ignore you too grin

DisGuy or Justwise banned me from the travel section for 2 years cos I misused the report button... But I think all I was trying to do was to report comments derailing Tensazangetsu20 Thread but I got banned. I'm calling on the Moderators to please reconsider and unban me , so my story can help someone out there in Nigeria.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:19am On Sep 02, 2023
Men I am so happy for you. All my close paddies online and offline are out of the agbado kingdom smiley smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 2:21am On Sep 02, 2023
As I sit across my window and stare at the beautiful streets... I reminisce about my past... And I just smiled. Big shout out goes to Regex , Tensazangetsu20 , karleb , gtguru.... Especially the Two first names...You guys played a big role in my life here on Nairaland. I would write more on this later.

3 Likes

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 2:22am On Sep 02, 2023
Also shout out to Trillions , Danny and Ade....met them on Nairaland and Formed a travel WhatsApp group cos we had dreams to travel. Big shout out to these guys. Although I and Ade do not talk anymore... But I guess that's just life... Things happen for a reason.
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 2:28am On Sep 02, 2023
I'll begin my story from 2017 or so when my uncle first travelled to the US...
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 2:32am On Sep 02, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Men I am so happy for you. All my close paddies online and offline are out of the agbado kingdom smiley smiley

My G... Thank you baba!! Me self happy die!! Honestly I still dey shock say I finally escape ... And it happened when I least expected it to.

Congratulations on your smooth and well planned escape too.
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Regex: 3:14am On Sep 02, 2023
lordally:
As I sit across my window and stare at the beautiful streets... I reminisce about my past... And I just smiled. Big shout out goes to Regex , Tensazangetsu20 , karleb , gtguru.... Especially the Two first names...You guys played a big role in my life here on Nairaland. I would write more on this later.

Odogwu... Na God we go thank oh. E no easy.

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by RSVP: 3:55am On Sep 02, 2023
Share your story let's learn one or two cuz as e be like ehn.....
Naija is messed up

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by gaby(m): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2023
This was how we all felt over 20 years ago when we made our daring escape and exodus from the country.

24/25 years down the line, it has gone from bad to worst.

Isn't this ironic?

Are we making progress or retrogressing?

What's to hope about this contraption and her demonic leaders?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by sageb: 6:59am On Sep 02, 2023
Congratulations to you

no more Buhari cum Agbado problem for you

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Karleb(m): 7:28am On Sep 02, 2023
Congratulations brotherly. I'm really happy for you. cheesy

Another day outside of this agbado land is an actual day of joy.

2 Likes

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Sweetvie: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2023
Congratulations.
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by ThiagoKid(m): 10:39am On Sep 02, 2023
@gerrard59
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Gerrard59(m): 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2023
lordally:
This is the story of my life, and I only choose to do this so I can reach out to that person who's been down psychologically , emotionally etc. You've done all you can but it seems things aren't working out well for you, this Thread is for you. I hope my story inspires you and keeps your hope alive.

And to the demons, who can't afford an international passport but jumps from one thread to another , convulsing... You won't get a single reply from me.

utton... But I think all I was trying to do was to report comments derailing Tensazangetsu20 Thread but I got banned. I'm calling on the Moderators to please reconsider and unban me , so my story can help someone out there in Nigeria.

"These are the demons we fight every day in this section" - Gerrard59. Apparently, one of the demons can't afford a Nigerian passport. grin

Looking at it closely, e be like say my instinct that stated some of them are ex-convicts from British/American prisons might actually be apt. After all, a significant number of the demons are those who have been denied visas at different embassies or agents duped them.

Congratulations on your relocation.

P.S. We keep fighting the demons one day at a time. We cannot lose because no one has ever lost betting against Nigeria.

cc: Thiagokid, thanks for the mention.

3 Likes

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

"These are the demons we fight every day in this section" - Gerrard59. Apparently, one of the demons can't afford a Nigerian passport. grin

Looking at it closely, e be like say my instinct that stated some of them are ex-convicts from British/American prisons might actually be apt. After all, a significant number of the demons are those who have been denied visas at different embassies or agents duped them.

Congratulations on your relocation.

P.S. We keep fighting the demons one day at a time. We cannot lose because no one has ever lost betting against Nigeria.

cc: Thiagokid, thanks for the mention.

Thanks baba... you too much. It's a well cut out plan, well executed... but one thing that shocks me is the speed at which my Japanese happened... I just thank the stars for aligning to my course...

I'm currently outside in the city center with my people... when I'm back I'll write my story

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by logik29(m): 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
Congrats🎊
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
gaby:
This was how we all felt over 20 years ago when we made our daring escape and exodus from the country.

24/25 years down the line, it has gone from bad to worst.

Isn't this ironic?

Are we making progress or retrogressing?

What's to hope about this contraption and her demonic leaders?

You can never lose betting against Nigeria.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by sharone21(f): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
Congrats..... More good news from you.

Itching to hear your story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by LordAdam16: 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
Congrats on the move LordAlly!

-Lord
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2023
LordAdam16:
Congrats on the move LordAlly!

-Lord

The man with the Encyclopedia brain.... thanks a lot. I've been busy with work and all. Na whybi never update the thread

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by LordAdam16: 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
lordally:

The man with the Encyclopedia brain.... thanks a lot. I've been busy with work and all. Na whybi never update the thread

Settle in and take your time. Stay blessed chief!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
I'll be dropping my first post on Sunday... Stay tuned

2 Likes

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Regex: 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2023
lordally:
I'll be dropping my first post on Sunday... Stay tuned

We are waiting. Sunday I go remind you.

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by GlobeTrotter2: 9:32am On Sep 27, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2023
GlobeTrotter2:
Congratulations bro

Thanks boss. Omo I hope you have still my number o
Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08
Sorry for the long wait. I have been busy and trying to wrap my head around a whole lot of things. So my decision to document my story was born out of the sole aim to Inspire that one person who has a plan and sees no way out in executing that plan or has tried hard to achieve something but things seem not to work out. I believe my story will help to keep your hope alive and I believe, things will work out for good.

I will omit some private details due to personal reasons sha...

So it all started in 2017, when I was at home and then my uncle came to see my dad, to let him know that he has gotten a US visa. Everyone was so happy, because this is something my uncle has been trying to get for a very very long time. He has spent so many years and even refused to go to a Nigerian university because all his eyes is in USA. The whole family was tired of him, and even saw him as someone who's not serious with his life.

But all that changed when he got a Visa to the USA. Money no dey Money no dey, the family raised 1.9M for him and he left. I can still remember the day he left... one evening like that around 5pm via Qatar airways. Meeeeeeen that was a defining moment of my life! As I never saw the possibility of leaving Nigeria due to finance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 4:49pm On Feb 08
I began to see that things could be possible and all I needed to do was have a plan...even if the plan wouldn't work, I just needed to have a plan. So I became active on Nairaland. Through Nairaland, I literally became an immigration expert o, knowing Japa routes about Germany, USA, Estonia, Poland, Czech republic, Brazil, Lithuania and Mexico. I had a nairaland account before then but I wasn't active. But my uncle's US movement opened my eyes and gave me the interest to read and gain more knowledge about JAPA. And from that moment, I never looked back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 5:01pm On Feb 08
I got into Nysc in 2018. And in that period I was very active in the Japa thread on Nairaland. Anywhere I see a new Japa thread you go see my for there. In 2019 I applied for one Entry the Finland Government was doing. I can't remember what it was at the time but it was something that had to do with the Happiness of Finland and in respect to that, they wanted to bring people from other countries to come and stay in Finland for I think 2 weeks...all expenses paid! All that was required for you to do was to upload a video of yourself, telling them why you should be selected and all that.

Omo, with my Itel P32 phone I went out to and open field , just opposite the place i was serving and did the video, said all the things I had in mind and then uploaded it. And hoped I would be selected. Then I went on to read about Finland and other ways to Japa to Finland. As expected grin , I wasn't selected, but then it gave me the interest of knowing more about Finland and how to Japa there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 5:04pm On Feb 08
Then in 2019... my Uncle in US reached out to me!!! grin

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Julibet: 5:09pm On Feb 13
lordally:
Come and update the thread nau please. Following back to back.

2 Likes

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by Maxxim: 5:42pm On Feb 13
lordally:
Don't keep us waiting bruh

1 Like

Re: My Sojourn To Scotland... Story Of My Life by lordally(m): 11:53pm On Feb 13
I'll continue tomorrow... make una no vex

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

teefah - Hello / Abdulmutallab Is My Role Model Lol / Nigerian Passport In NY, USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.