Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Abs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abs (395 Views)

Master Brake And ABS Problem / Toyota Camry Is Showing ABS And BRAKE On The Dashboard At The Same Time / ABS Wahala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abs by vivalavida(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2023
I have had my car for a year and 4 months now. I have tried tackling most of the lights that appear anytime on the dashboard. But I have never attempted the ABS light that has been there with it abinitio. Yesterday I decided to scan the ABS and got the following result. What should I do? Change the sensors or the ABS itself?

Re: Abs by aieromon(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2023
vivalavida:
I have had my car for a year and 4 months now. I have tried tackling most of the lights that appear anytime on the dashboard. But I have never attempted the ABS light that has been there with it abinitio. Yesterday I decided to scan the ABS and got the following result. What should I do? Change the sensors or the ABS itself?

Run live data and drive the vehicle to see if the sensors will track your speed. If they don't, inspect for damages. Last resort is to replace the faulty sensors.
Re: Abs by codemaster2much: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2023
You are lucky, these codes are just for wheel sensors, worst case you change them, best case you check connections and connect properly case close wink. ACTUAL abs faults can be pricey.

1 Like

Re: Abs by Conner44: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2023
Yeah op if you switch out the defective sensors your abs light should be off and functioning normally.

When next your mechanic is working on your wheel bearings or hub make sure they are careful not to break the sensors there while the tear down is in progress.

1 Like

Re: Abs by vivalavida(m): 11:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
Thanks for the comments so far. At least I have an idea on how to go about tackling this now. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Abs by codemaster2much: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2023
vivalavida:
how much you buy the scanner
Re: Abs by vivalavida(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2023
codemaster2much:
how much you buy the scanner

I have a small Bluetooth scanner. To scan ABS,transmission,SRS and TPMS, I sought out a guy in my area who does this with a high end scanner.
Re: Abs by codemaster2much: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
vivalavida:

I have a small Bluetooth scanner. To scan ABS,transmission,SRS and TPMS, I sought out a guy in my area who does this with a high end scanner.
how much does he charge chief
Re: Abs by vivalavida(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2023
codemaster2much:
how much does he charge chief

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Isuzu Truck For Sale (toks) / TOKUBO 2010 RX 350 Available For Sale / How To Inspect Your Next Car Without Leaving Your Home Or Office Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.