Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso (60711 Views)

Olaoye: Court Sacks Soun Of Ogbomoso, Orders Fresh Selection process / God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye / Soun Of Ogbomoso, Oba Ajagungbade Buried (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by StUriah(m): 6:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
compton11:
must a traditional ruler bow to orísha?

That's why he is called 'Traditional Ruler'. He is a custodian of the traditional rites and culture, and deputizes the gods (Orishas) on the planet earth.

Can a Christian Pastor serves as a representative or a deputy to the Orishas in the real sense of it?
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by gbire: 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
hansomb:
I wonder ooo. I think Makinde being a Christian played a role too. The former king is a Muslim and majority Yoruba in Ogbomosho are Muslims. How did He becomes the king ?

You're wrong! What's the source of your information and statistics. Moreover, as regards your question, you may like to consult the Ilus (Soun-in-council).
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by stevups(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2023
Yahoo Yahoo pastor
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by OmoNla99: 8:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
hansomb:
I wonder ooo. I think Makinde being a Christian played a role too. The former king is a Muslim and majority Yoruba in Ogbomosho are Muslims. How did He becomes the king ?

That the former King was a Muslim doesn’t mean a Christian can’t be a king. If truly you are from OGBOMOSHO, you would know the town doesn’t play religion card. Oba Layode was a Christian too. For your records, Muslims don’t have Christians population in Ogbomoso.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by osuulola(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
windvane:
THE MAN WAS NEVER CALLED TO BE THE KING,IN SHORT HE IS THE 13TH IN LINE TO THE THROWN BUT HE BRIBED THE KING MAKERS WITH 10M EACH,IN OTHER TO BE SWITCHED TO THE FIRST.......VERY SAD
13th in line? Interesting! Who arranged the line? Can you list the people on the queue? Who is the 100th?
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by compton11(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
StUriah:

That's why he is called 'Traditional Ruler'. He is a custodian of the traditional rites and culture, and deputizes the gods (Orishas) on the planet earth.

Can a Christian Pastor serves as a representative or a deputy to the Orishas in the real sense of it?
traditional rite/culture not religious rite
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by OmoNla99: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
windvane:
THE MAN WAS NEVER CALLED TO BE THE KING,IN SHORT HE IS THE 13TH IN LINE TO THE THROWN BUT HE BRIBED THE KING MAKERS WITH 10M EACH,IN OTHER TO BE SWITCHED TO THE FIRST.......VERY SAD
No one was called to be the king. The family agreed that any member of the family interested in the throne should collect form. About 22 of them got the form and were all interviewed by the family. We have some of them that were sponsored by politicians and rich indigenes in the town. All of them were interviewed by the king makers as well. The kingmakers in their discretion chose him and forwarded his name to the Governor as SOUN elect since last year (videos on the internet for your entrainment). The head of the family sponsored his son as well. One man Tewogbola spokesman of the family after realizing his candidate wasn’t chosen started the blackmail. Some mulims that feels they can’t be ruled by a Christian started an agitation for a Muslim (this was after the kingmakers have done their job). Prince Afolabi Ghandi Laoye is a descendant of Oba Laoye Orumogege of Baiyewuwon royal family. Prince Ghandi’s father uses a 504 Peugeot and wears a very distinct glasses during his lifetime (glasses with four lenses). He was a noble and well respected man.
Do a little research of this and stop feeding the internet with lies simply because one of your candidates wasn’t selected.

1 Like

Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by OmoNla99: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
alfarouq:

What he said is the truth. I have been there and have met a lot of Ogbomoso people.

When you want to know who are the majority in town, check the faith of the ruling families and you have your answer. Even this article confirm that the new selected king despite been christian is from a largely muslim family. The chiefs in Ogbomoso and king makers are largely muslims. I know you guys like to claim otherwise but reality on ground is the reality and cant be changed by denial.

Note my mum is from Ogbomoso, from ”Aremole” house. My brother is married to a ladyvfrom Ogbomoso. Her dad is from “Ile Sarumi” and mum from ” Ile mogba”. I jave xousins from ” Ile Elemoso”
Christians have a large population in n Ogbomoso than Muslims. I was born and raised here.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by DonroxyII: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by windvane(m): 12:58am On Sep 04, 2023
OmoNla99:

No one was called to be the king. The family agreed that any member of the family interested in the throne should collect form. About 22 of them got the form and were all interviewed by the family. We have some of them that were sponsored by politicians and rich indigenes in the town. All of them were interviewed by the king makers as well. The kingmakers in their discretion chose him and forwarded his name to the Governor as SOUN elect since last year (videos on the internet for your entrainment). The head of the family sponsored his son as well. One man Tewogbola spokesman of the family after realizing his candidate wasn’t chosen started the blackmail. Some mulims that feels they can’t be ruled by a Christian started an agitation for a Muslim (this was after the kingmakers have done their job). Prince Afolabi Ghandi Laoye is a descendant of Oba Laoye Orumogege of Baiyewuwon royal family. Prince Ghandi’s father uses a 504 Peugeot and wears a very distinct glasses during his lifetime (glasses with four lenses). He was a noble and well respected man.
Do a little research of this and stop feeding the internet with lies simply because one of your candidates wasn’t selected.
I don't have to exchange words with u ...You are free to read from the media,we that had 1st hand info about the process will say how it went
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by windvane(m): 12:59am On Sep 04, 2023
osuulola:

13th in line? Interesting! Who arranged the line? Can you list the people on the queue? Who is the 100th?
Your father is?any other question?
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by OmoNla99: 2:12am On Sep 04, 2023
windvane:
I don't have to exchange words with u ...You are free to read from the media,we that had 1st hand info about the process will say how it went

You had no single first hand info dude. The kingship secretary for the selection TJ from the Laoye family I personally know.
Someone been around when the late king died doesn’t mean he will automatically be crowned. A kingship position is one that is always keenly contested among princes (find out how many people are contesting for Alafin and how many contested the Aseyin stool). The late Oba Jimoh Oladunni Ajagungbade III has raised the bar of Obaship in Ogbomoso and Ogbomoso will never settle for less. From the way you sounded, it seems your candidate lost. If you or any other person isn’t happy, pray the court says otherwise. For now, the people of ogbomoso are happy and jubilating on the new selected prince as the next Soun, Prince Afolabi Ghandi Laoye.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by windvane(m): 2:19am On Sep 04, 2023
OmoNla99:

You had no single first hand info dude. The kingship secretary for the selection TJ from the Laoye family I personally know.
Someone been around when the late king died doesn’t mean he will automatically be crowned. A kingship position is one that is always keenly contested among princes (find out how many people are contesting for Alafin and how many contested the Aseyin stool). The late Oba Jimoh Oladunni Ajagungbade III has raised the bar of Obaship in Ogbomoso and Ogbomoso will never settle for less. From the way you sounded, it seems your candidate lost. If you or any other person isn’t happy, pray the court says otherwise. For now, the people of ogbomoso are happy and jubilating on the new selected prince as the next Soun, Prince Afolabi Ghandi Laoye.
like I said,I don't have to trade words with you,I have put out information I want to,if you feel pained or feel it is wrong,approach the courts....agenda must agend....
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by OmoNla99: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2023
windvane:
like I said,I don't have to trade words with you,I have put out information I want to,if you feel pained or feel it is wrong,approach the courts....agenda must agend....

I think you should be the one doing that.
LONG LIVE THE NEW KING.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by Owologbo(m): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2023
yinkus6750:
Civilisation has come to play in traditional institutions.
In this 21st century,it's good we have younger, educated, civilized and religious traditional ruler's .
His not the first,Iba Tejuoso became born again on the throne , while Olu of Ilaro was also an RCCG Pastor .kabiyesiiii o

Forget all these English.
He's now serving two masters.
You can't be king and not involved in the traditional dealings of your kingdom.
I know a lot of them on this table.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by Owologbo(m): 7:43am On Sep 04, 2023
easyfem:
David was a king and a priest in the bible

bible is a balance good book

Can you name the shrine of David's kingdom?
After being made a king, can you take him as your pastor?
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by bennynaza(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2023
easyfem:
David was a king and a priest in the bible

bible is a balance good book

David was never a priest. He wasn't born a levite
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by osuulola(m): 1:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
windvane:
Your father is?any other question?
My father is not from Ogbomoso. Is yours?
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by gaskiyamagana: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
Mrbenny001:
Not every where they consult oracle before chosen Kings even hundred of years back..it'd just selection in some places, Ibadan kingship for example...you watch too much Nollywood.

No permanent royal family (families) in Ibadan; that's why no oracle consultation. Any town in Yoruba land with many heirs to vaccant throne, there's always IFA consultation to choose the one, among the qualified ones.
Mind you l am a Yoruba man. I know quite alright that nowadays lFA is EGUJE COLLECTOR .
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by alfarouq(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2023
OmoNla99:
Christians have a large population in n Ogbomoso than Muslims. I was born and raised here.

Dey play.

We both know this is not true
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by Bonapart(m): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ningishzida:
Christianity; the religion of texts copied from Sumerian Tablets, used by the Europeans to enslave the dumbest among humans.
I can't believe I used to shun worshipping the God's of my ancestors because my early child hood religious brainwashing made me afraid that a White man in some heaven will reward/punish me.
To hell with every Abrahamic religions and the division they have created for humans.
Pastors can worship the God's of their ancestors and keep scamming the mugus who believe a White man is watching over them from Heaven. Abrahamic religious people are Creatures, not conscious enough to be considered Beings, therefore, they should be treated as such.
big phool. mumu
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by hansomb: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2023
OmoNla99:

That the former King was a Muslim doesn’t mean a Christian can’t be a king. If truly you are from OGBOMOSHO, you would know the town doesn’t play religion card. Oba Layode was a Christian too. For your records, Muslims don’t have Christians population in Ogbomoso.
forgive my ignorance. My Mum is 4m der, but I didn't grew up there, infact I have only been there twice way back 2004. Heard the Oba Layode was lynch to death by mobs. But honestly Islam has been in Ogbomosho for more than a century bcus like my 5 grandfather is an Ogbomosho Muslim. While Christian is not even up to 200 years, so how did they become majority ? Though I knew a lot of Muslims n atheist converted to Christianity due to western education, and free abroad scholarship offered and free job after completion but many still rejected it in loyalty to their faith. My great great grandfather being one of them. That's around early 1800s as we've been told.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by windvane(m): 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
OmoNla99:

how far with your king?is he still on the throne?
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by OmoNla99: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
windvane:
how far with your king?is he still on the throne?

Yes, hale and heathy. HRM Oba Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Orumogege III, SOUN ti ile Ogbomoso is still very much on the throne of his ancestral father.
Re: RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso by windvane(m): 5:56am On Nov 22, 2023
OmoNla99:

Yes, hale and heathy. HRM Oba Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Orumogege III, SOUN ti ile Ogbomoso is still very much on the throne of his ancestral father.
hahahahaa....You are far from the news,as late at 25 of October,the court had already order for a new selection process and sacked your king

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife Undergoing Rites To Be Queen. Nigerians React / Ayiri Emami Offers Coke, Fanta, Sardines And Bread To River Goddess -photo / Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.