Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,582 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:43 AM

Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria (10110 Views)

Properties For Sale In Festac Town, Lagos Under N10m...no Omo Onile Wahala / No omo onile wahala...Properties Under N10m In Festac Town,lagos / Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
This Omo-nile syndrome is also in Rivers-State with a different twist.

Before the advent of governor Amaechi, if you wanted to buy a piece of land in River State, even before you see the said land, you had to pay a fee called "Marching ground".

Then after you had paid that one and entered into an agreement to buy the said land, you'll pay "Fencing permit". Then alot of other fees that would frustrate you. Should the house be a high riser, you'll pay for "air space". Then roofing permit et al.

Now if you pay for the land and dont develop it, your land would be sold to multiple buyers by the same family and you'll spend forvevr in court on the dispute,

Thanks to the present admin, atleast the menace of "marching ground" and multiple levies have been put to a stop.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by lagcity(m): 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
hey South East. I always enjoy these ya posts. You are very commited man cheesy cheesy.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by sheyguy: 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
@mikeywise
i am just trying to add my own bit here, i dont see any reason why u shld attack me like that.
I know how its done here in the niger delta too, how they keep coming back for more money without any real reason. They call theirs 'deve' or 'settlement' plus they have their own association of expensive son-of-the-soil labourers that u must patronise b4 u erect a building.
And if its the south-eastern part u r angry about i am very sorry its sad but true, they 'hardly' sell land to most outsiders.
mikeywise:

YOU ARE GRADUALLY CARVING A NICHE FOR YOURSELF, WELDONE. SOON U WILL SURPASS RHINO AS NUMBER ONE BIGOT IN NAIRALAND.KEEP IT UP
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by UmarSanda: 6:58am On Oct 18, 2011
The northerners are viewed as uneducated,but u dare not try dis nonsense (OMO ONILE) in d north.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by djungle(m): 7:09am On Oct 18, 2011
Seunn11:

Ibos are the problem of the black nations. In south Africa, they are into drug, violation, cannibalism among other crimes;
in ghana: kidnapping, robbery, scam, rituals, cannibalism, prostitution;
in kenya: same as above;
in libya: drug, cannibalism, robbery, mercineries;
in gambia: robbery gallore;
botswana: drug, human trafficking, ritual, cannibalism;
that is to just list a few african countries.
In US: wife-killing, robbery, credit card scam, modern day slavery in form of human trafficking, ritual, drug, pirated cd etc;
in india: cannibalism, murder in order to remove and sell vital organs such as kidney, prostitution, drug etc;
in indonesia: drug, pirated cd, male prostitution;
in china: as above;
in northern europe: drug, scam, ritual, murder, wife-killing etc;
in italy and southern europe: prostitution, murder for vital organ (MDVO), money laundering.
Everywhere they go, they leave sorrow, tears, blood, disharmony, discord, gnashing of teeth, destruction and suspicion.
They are pest. They need a final solution

If you have no sensible reply to the issue being discussed, why don’t you and other trolls like you that have nothing to offer property section take your rant elsewhere, instead of spilling nonsense and diatribe.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by djungle(m): 7:23am On Oct 18, 2011
lawyer:

I would really like Eko Ile to talk about this since he seems to defend the actions of everything done under an AC Governed state is good. tongue

Lagos state is definately the worst in this regard and its from lagos other states copy this bad habit and there is no step to control it one bit; infact its being '. For example signing of Form 1c before you do your governors consent is another way to legalize omonile to pay N50,000 to N1Million depending on the area because without that Form 1c and the signature of the Omonile, you cannot process your documents. Before Tinubu came into power processing your Governor's consent wasn't that difficult and recourse to Omoniles was almost non existent. Yes the occassional N10,000 or N20,000 to the youths to be welcomed into the community was the norm but under Tinubu now passed to Fashola's government, Omonile is now a hydra headed Monster more especially in Lekki/Ajah today.

Virtually every indigene whether he came as a settler or a visitor to that area is now an Omonile to extort money for building and nobody can stop them. It emanated from the free hand given to Area boys to tackle lagosians without any form of repercussion because Tinubu needed the area boys for his political firm grip of lagos, gradually to make it more official and make them leave the streets,they switched to being emperors over landed matters to build. You have no idea how horrible this thing is.

You buy a land lets say 1Million, you pay omonile separately for the receipt e.g N50,000, You pay for fencing separately lets say N50,000 (Something that should be your legal right to protect your property), you pay for Foundation ranging from N100,000 and above, You pay for decking ranging from N100,000 and above, you pay for roofing again ranging from N100,000 and above, your forced to use their own community people to supply the building materials, supply the workers and still pay constant homage to the baale of the place by bringing him brown envelopes and that doesnt stop them from still conniving to re-sale your land and the whole process starts agains with another buyer. How much then did you buy the land and how much have you paid to Omonile and you havent sorted out legal fees, agency fees, survey plan, building plan approval, C/O or Governor's consent fees? How can anybody tell me that Lagos is working when it comes to landed matters and every Nigerian's right to own land peacefully?

The whole aim to keep the so called lagosians bloody rich and hold the political force intact. There are so many millionaires made in Lagos for no reason apart from waking up in the morning to collect omonile fees and drive big SUVs and worst of most of them are stark illiterates and its not fair whether you are an AC Supporter or Not. It started from that Tinubu war cry the ' LAND IS OUR OIL IN LAGOS' and that awoke the greed in land owners and the omoniles to skim people dry and they are exporting a very very very bad thing and precedent to the rest of Nigeria.

For example a lot of people decided to go outside Lagos such as Agbara, Ibafo, Mowe etc to buy lands so that they may be free of the scourage of Omoniles that is rampant in Lagos, not when you meet an Omonile in those places they are now competiting with Lagos Omoniles and they always make reference to the Omoniles in Lagos that they learnt it from there and hereto before you wouldnt pay anything more than N10,000 OR N20,000 to appease the community.

In my own opinion, the best way to check mate this thing is to first cancel the Form 1c that gives the omonile the mandatory power to sign as a seller. If a seller decides to resell his land to another person and the new seller sells it to another person, there should be no reason to go back to the omoniles to sign over and over again the deeds and Form 1c. This avenue of siphoning money is killing the land buyers in lagos and the government is encouraging this this so that the omonile gets money and Alausa taxes them. Its so strange that Ogun state Next door never had a Form 1c style to process their documents years back now they have copied Lagos hook line and sinker and Omonile problems are rising tremendously and i expect this complains to be rife through out the south west anytime soon.

Also deeds of assignments could also act as the official reciept. The fact that omoniles know lagosians reduce the cost of the price the land in their deeds to avoid excess billing during the assesment of their Consent or C/O is giving the Omoniles another free hand to fleece the buyer. Government knows about it, the staffs in Alausa and NTDA know about this. So there is no denying that this is an official conspiracy despite one commissioner or Government official paying lip service that this shouldnt be done and is illegal.

Also paying Omonile for foundation, roofing etc is very very illegal and its borderline tresspass where the police has a right to step in when someone violently prevents another from going about his daily business. Here i have spoken to so many cops about this and they tell me the reason they cant stop them is because of order from above to leave Omoniles because Government has accepted its the culture of the community for you to pay them. (What rubbish Talk!!!! angry) Omoniles were virtually hiding under ground during the Military era. Who revived them from their slumber and gave them a new breathe of life to milk people blind and go unpunished? I remember vividly how Raji rasaki dealt with the so called Omonile in Maroko then and they went extinct now before you attempt to buy land in Lagos save at least N500,000 TO SETTLE OMONILE, MONEY THEY DID NOT WORK FOR OR DESERVE BUT JUST BECAUSE THE STATE GOVERNMENT HAS ACCEPTED AND HAS GIVEN THEM THE FULLY BACKING TO RIP PEOPLE OFF.

If truely the Lagos State Government wants to stop Omonile activities, do you think it will cost them anything to do so and do you think they wont crush this menace under 1 week if they really want to do so? But because they are also benefitting from it thats why its rampant and am sorry to say to future buyers this scourge is here to stay until Tinubu who encouraged it and his cohorts have a change of heart to reverse this evil fleecing of Nigerians who have chosen to call Lagos their home

Thank you Lawyer, FINALLY a sensible reply.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by oluwabamis(m): 10:25am On Oct 18, 2011
Why is tribaland, sorry nairaland like this. It's a shame that young and educated people are worse than the old generation whose only job is to drain the nation's economy. I'm ashamed of all you tribalists, I wish I can ban you all from this forum.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 31, 2011
government should help in this case.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by OmoLisabi(m): 8:30am On Nov 03, 2011
Can you see this thread started by an Ibo Kidnapper?
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by gabbytabby: 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
I just got tired of the omoonile issue. I tried to be civilised about it and asked them to put in writing the relevant amounts prior to purchase and paid up (despite them changing some of these upwards ) so after roofing i said to myself thank God and then during final internals they came round and at that point i lost it I had 6 gun welding mobile police for a couple of days and they left me well alone after that. Now they know to leave the crazy mama well alone.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
Our company abandoned a project in Bayelsa because of similar circumstance. I thought its a SW thing. Its all over the place.
I dont know why lawyer (the mod who only stickies threads he favors) lets this remain in the front page. Shows his disgusting hatred for the Yorubas. The same people whose properties he keeps making millions from weekly through a forum created by a SW guy. Man, abeg this are divisive threads you should delete. Not intelligent and educational ones that are posted my building professionals and real estate veterans. Mschewest!
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by Kx: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2011
One of my friend calls omonile's necessary evil.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by lawyer(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2011
yemi313:

Our company abandoned a project in Bayelsa because of similar circumstance. I thought its a SW thing. Its all over the place.
I dont know why lawyer (the mod who only stickies threads he favors) lets this remain in the front page. Shows his disgusting hatred for the Yorubas. The same people whose properties he keeps making millions from weekly through a forum created by a SW guy. Man, abeg this are divisive threads you should delete. Not intelligent and educational ones that are posted my building professionals and real estate veterans. Mschewest!

lol@ yemi313

This guy must really hate my guts! Haaaaaaa! Am sure you go to bed with me at the back of your mind on how to eliminate me from the property forum as a Mod. Please continue scheming, someday your prayers might come true, but its not going to happen today.

I have chosen to ignore you for a very long time and you have been trying to get my attention but i think your latest tirade and rambling deserves a response. Anyway let me clarify some things for you before you continue on a worthless campaign to get rid of me for no reason.

1. I never delete posts. No moderator has the ability to delete a post foolishly. If your post is not showing then it must have been marked out by the spam bot. I only tackle people that post more than 3 posts per day to move their posts to the recycle bin or posters to try to cause rancour or division. I have no business with you and i don't think i have remotely bothered to even check any your post talk less of deleting them, so please don't flatter yourself that i delete your posts when i don't even know what you post or care to be honest .

2.  Why would you say i hate Yoruba people when am technically a Yoruba person because i was born and bred in lagos and surrounded myself around the SW culture all my life despite the fact that am not Yoruba and i owe my upbringing to them? Also have you ever seen me on Nairaland ever ever engage in any tribalism debate with anybody or belittle anyone based on tribe? I am beginning to think your hatred for me is personal. Have i slept with any body you know personally that is ticking you off so badly? If yes am sorry o! grin

3. This topic on the property forum wasn't sticked by me but  by the Super moderator. I didn't even know about this topic was on the Nairaland homepage until 3 days later before i made my own contribution in the midst of other contributors who posted in favour of or against the omonile syndrome and it is here because it was selected by the Super mod as a contributing topic from the property section so stop spreading falsity that i was the one who made it remain on the property section as a sticked topic. Maybe you should also go as far as saying Mukina is a tribalist since you now know who sticked this topic. Besides what has Omonile got to do with Yoruba people as a group? Omoniles in lagos are bad and dangerous people who also cheat alot of hard working and honest Yoruba people who pay so much to acquire lands and have to still settle these jobless riff raffs, so what has my hatred for yoruba people got to do with Omonile? Am sorry to say but its seems Muscle Pull is infecting your brain for trying to turn omonile syndrome into an ' I HATE YORUBA' Campaign. Please carry such nonsense to the tribalism section and leave such idiocy away from the property forum.   

4. Finally dont get jealous that your posts are not made sticky because if you have a post that is intelligent and contributes to the up liftment of the property section i wont hesitate to put it there because i have done it for so many people to give them the required exposure needed. Besides any topic i put as a sticky topic has been thoroughly investigated by me and i dont put it there for fun whether it belongs to me or not.

5. Finally i have been trying to put a picture to your name and i think am beginning to remember you. Are you not the guy that i came to investigate some where in ogun state that wanted to sell a piece of land to a Nairalander and the documents you showed me were Suspect, dodgy and forged by one person and the so called owners even looked dodgier and i refused to endorse the transaction and you were angry that i didnt play ball with you and you spent the whole time calling me names and trying to convince the buyer that i had a special agenda towards you when prior to that moment i didnt know who you were? Oga that was 2 years ago. If thats the reason you carry a hardon everywhere against me, please feel free to continue hating me because if it was to happen again i will NEVER BE YOUR FRIEND OR SUPPORT YOU to sell dodgy lands. I still have a copy of that dodgy agreement with me and i can post it on Nairaland so that the resident forgery experts can also confirm it.

So please feel free to cal me a tyrant or dictator or whatever as a property mod. If others say it i will check my actions, apologize and conform to their standards but if its only you, i won't bat an eyelid and continue to be dictatorial to you so that you dont Sell another dodgy property to a Nairalander with dodgy documents. Money does not rule my life and would never do so.         

Now that you have finally gotten my attention, i will be looking forward to engaging you in anyway you want from now on! angry
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by arbitrage: 12:56am On Dec 14, 2011
My first experience of omo onile guys was in Effunrun, Warri.
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by Abitat2: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2011
i think the government needs to stop this omonile cancer
it is discouraging investment in the south-west.
if the government makes a rule, then it should be enforced.
there are too many uneducated jobless youth out there as well. or what do you think
Re: Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria by opiscopy(m): 9:25am On Dec 17, 2011
I bought a land for my client somewhere around Akesan and met with the representatives of the Family who asked my client to pay the following charges
Additional fee 400,000
Receipt 100,000
Deed 300,000
Foundation 250,000

At the end of the day, my client paid them 400k being 300k for additional fee and 100k for receipt.

SEE OMO ONILE WAHALA OOOOOOOOOO

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Killed In Lagos Land Dispute / What Is The Cost Of Building 8 Flat In Benin City / Buy Cheap Land In Eputu,ajah, Lagos (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.