Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

How I D Ogungbe, M T N Contract Tear Keke And D1 Apart - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I D Ogungbe, M T N Contract Tear Keke And D1 Apart (4502 Views)

Korede Bello Poses With Kenny Ogungbe & Dayod1 (pic) / Kenny Ogungbe's Daughter Graduates Photos / Adenike Ogungbe Is Dead, CEO Of Ewar Make-overs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I D Ogungbe, M T N Contract Tear Keke And D1 Apart by channel801(f): 6:25am On Oct 16, 2011
The godfathers of Nigeria’s hip hop music, and popular radio/tv personalities, Kenny Ogungbe and his partner, Dayo Adeneye of Primetime Entertainment have decided to go their separate ways, after over ten years of partnership.

The duo of Kenny and Dayo with their entertainment outfit revolutionalized the hip hop genre of music in Nigeria through their numerous radio and television programme in the early 1990s. They popularized the first major hip-hop group in Nigeria called – Remedies, comprising of Eedris Abdulkareem, Tony Tetuila and Eddy Montana. These groups actually changed the face of Nigeria’s hip hop music scene.

Until recent times,  Kenny and Dayo were always seen together at any public function. They received awards together, drove the same type of cars and their fans refer to them as ‘twins’. But all that has changed as Kenny and Dayo, popularly called D1, have decided to say goodbye to their union, but keeping it from the public.

A multi-million naira deal with Africa’s telecoms giant MTN tore them apart, and Kenny Ogungbe’s younger brother, Idowu Ogungbe also called ID Ogungbe was instrumental to the break up.

After the expiration of their earlier MTN deal few years ago which got the duo of Kenny and D1 two MTN branded H2 Hummer jeeps,  efforts to renew it proved abortive as the terms proposed by D1 to MTN was turned down while the telecoms company made a less juicy offer which D1 also rejected. The deal was for Primetime Entertainment, jointly owned by Kenny and D1.

For details, continue here http://www.channel801.com/Varieties/how-id-ogungbe-mtn-contract-tear-kenny-ogungbe-and-d1-apart.html
Re: How I D Ogungbe, M T N Contract Tear Keke And D1 Apart by Dagods(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2011
nonsense'''y is dis common in Nigeria? Well they better sort there self out 4 d sake of there biz'.
Re: How I D Ogungbe, M T N Contract Tear Keke And D1 Apart by doublekay: 12:15am On Oct 17, 2011
Another media hype i guess

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Klint Da Drunk And Family......lovely Wifey N Kids... / Chris Brown Posts Explicit Picture Of Him Eating The Booty / Legendary Bob Marley Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.