Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,916 members, 7,835,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

To All Those Who Go To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To All Those Who Go To Church (1077 Views)

Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / Why Do You Go To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All Those Who Go To Church by Orikinla(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2011
So you go to Church, pretending to be a Christian, yet you do EVIL. How can an evil doer be a Christian? If you don't repent, you shall perish! You are cursed and judged by your own evil deeds.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Jenwitemi(m): 9:38am On Oct 16, 2011
Because a church does not actually care whether you are good or evil as long as you keep on coming and handing in your "substance" in form of money(via tithes) and faith, weekly till the day you land in the grave. And that is a FACT. It is the substance of the believers that every church needs because it is what sustains it and keeps it going. This is what every believer contributes whenever they match to a church every time they do, contribute their substance towards the sustenance of the church in other to ensure it's continuing existence.

That is why they want more and more believers coming into the "fold" so as to increase that very  "substance" that is so crucial to the sustenance of any church and it's posse of priests. Anyone who is wide awake would have arrived at that conclusion already.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Nimshi: 10:14am On Oct 16, 2011
You misunderstand the reasons for going to church . . . In any case:

1) Oyedepo confirmed this morning that even ordinary members of his church steal: they steal bibles to check if there's money in them. . . he also noted that some ushers are dishonest; church members steal during church service. Oyedepo's curious thesis is that this is due to the lure of 'the god of money'

2) Church these days offer almost free entertainment: it was entertaining to listen to Oyedepo today adavncing the argument that his Covenant University is #1 in Nigeria.

To your point:

The pastors condone the nonsense of payers of tithes and donors of offerings:Ibori in Adeboye's church, that Intercontinental bank big shot (I forget his name) who's also a top shot in Adeboye's church, etc etc; the Church serves a purpose other than making people change; business is booming.

Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:25am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Thanks to the almighty Satan i need no bleeping Christian Church (s) on Sundays like this or weekly days . cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Nimshi: 10:28am On Oct 16, 2011
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Thanks to the almighty Satan i need no bleeping Christian Church (s) on Sundays like this or weekly days . cheesy cheesy[/size]

Your assesment of Mr. Satan as almighty is suspect; it certainly isn't objective!
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:41am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Okay , what are u going to do now. . .? grin[/size]

Nimshi:

Your assesment of Mr. Satan as almighty is suspect; it certainly isn't objective!
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by HISchild: 11:01am On Oct 16, 2011
What shall happen and IS forever:
"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." - Rev 1:7-8

What happened (and is):
"And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.  Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there." -1Ki 18:36-40   

What shall happen very shortly, permanently:
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." - Jud_1:6
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever." -  Rev 20:10
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:23am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Dear Christian:

Some points of clarification:

• We do NOT think you are stupid. We only think you are mistaken.

• We don’t PRAY for things to go well. . . however, we might DESIRE for things to go well. It’s different.

• Your good book is colorfully written-just like someone said on this thread, gloriously detailed and a fair representation of human life. . . 2000 years ago. But without updating the information for modernity, it is like performing surgery based on a 2000 year old medical journal.

• Ask yourself: If you were god, would you want your people to build churches in YOUR honor, kill other people in YOUR name and take one day off in seven to praise YOU? If your answer is yes I’m glad I’m not YOUR child. cheesy cheesy

• When you refuse to believe things that have evidence and ARE FACT, we are perplexed, but we understand that whenever you face cognitive dissonance you always choose your religious teachings, right or wrong. We admire your loyalty and tenacity but wonder if you feel that way to the core. . . . or do you ever experience some doubt when confronted with fact that disproves your teachings? wink

• When one of your leaders is proven to be false we don’t understand how you can continue to follow them. If one of our satanist should ever lie to us, they would no longer be respected. smiley

• When you decide, individually or as a group, that unity is enlightenmen. . . we will welcome you.

Satanist ( Ogaga S.O.S ) wink
[/size]
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by freecocoa(f): 11:28am On Oct 16, 2011
@ Hischild,are you not supposed to be in church?
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by freecocoa(f): 11:34am On Oct 16, 2011
@ ogaga the satanist,please note that Christians don't kill anyone in God's name so beware.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:50am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]hahahaha this is becoming interesting ^^ grin

now here come another damsel saying that i Christians do not kill other people and asking me to beware. . .lol grin grin u and your God including Jesus and his green blood can do me nothing ! cheesy Christians do kill does that doesn't serve or accept their God or that Jesus they want everyone to accept by all means . If i start giving proves you'll start insulting me for saying the truth , from historical to modern now Christians hate and can do the worst harm to any one that doesn't accept Jesus as their personal lord and savior . Couple of weeks ego friends from Nigeria have been sending me mails how Christians in the state '' Plateau '' - have been killing Muslims .

Your God is also a expect killer though he can't cross my line because I'm red-hot! cool . The act of murder is rampant in the Bible. In much of the Bible, especially the Old Testament, there are laws that command that people be killed for absurd reasons such as working on the Sabbath, being gayyy -if u like say i am one cheesy cheesy cheesy , cursing your parents, or not being a virgin on your wedding night. In addition to these crazy and immoral laws, there are plenty of examples of God's irrationality by his direct killing of many people for reasons that defy any rational explanation such as killing children who make fun of bald people, and the killing of a man who tried to keep the ark of God from falling during transport. . . .(Imagine that ?) There are also countless examples of mass murders commanded by God, including the murder of women, infants, and children.

freecocoa honestly if u need me to give u more deeper prove from the Christian bible I'll do that for u just right away as u open with me grin grin

Ready? wink
[/size]
freecocoa:

@ ogaga the satanist,please note that Christians don't kill anyone in God's name so beware.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt]Church is not important. . . i guess he's inside hotel or some special place . smiley[/size]

freecocoa:

@ Hischild,are you not supposed to be in church?
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Orikinla(m): 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2011
We have to keep on beating and lashing ourselves by saying the TRUTH even if the TRUTH finds us guilty, lest we perish in our arrogance and ignorance, because many of us are already perishing from east to west and from the south to the north.

Christians are being arraigned for their crimes and sins and some of them are so shameless to be grinning like goats even while in court.
Shameless humans will continue repeating crimes daily.

There is no plea bargain in the Holy Bible, except repentance and restitution without which all criminals and sinners shall be damned.

Pagans even fear their Juju more than we fear our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christians must stop swearing on the Holy Bile when taking oath of office or appearing in court, because we have continued to blaspheme the Holy Name of God when we lie on oath and fail to keep the vows of the oath of office, marriage, etc.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
[size=13pt] grin grin grin grin I laugh the Christians grin grin grin grin[/size]

Orikinla:

We have to keep on beating and lashing ourselves by saying the TRUTH even if the TRUTH finds us guilty, lest we perish in our arrogance and ignorance, because many of us are already perishing from east to west and from the south to the north.

Christians are being arraigned for their crimes and sins and some of them are so shameless to be grinning like goats even while in court.
Shameless humans will continue repeating crimes daily.

There is no plea bargain in the Holy Bible, except repentance and restitution without which all criminals and sinners shall be damned.

Pagans even fear their Juju more than we fear our Lord Jesus Christ.

Christians must stop swearing on the Holy Bile when taking oath of office or appearing in court, because we have continued to blaspheme the Holy Name of God when we lie on oath and fail to keep the vows of the oath of office, marriage, etc.

Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by HISchild: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
@freecocoa , I don't go to "church" because GOD's righteous judgment is on the churches for apostasy. All things are at an end and the age of the new testament church, just like old testament church (nation of Israel), has been at an end and GOD gave definite commands for HIS own to come out of them (Mark 13:14, Matt 24:15-16, 2 Thess 2:3-12, Rev 18: 3-7, etc). Sound heretical? I'm sure it did to the pharisees and jewish scribes when the apostles and disciples of The Lord JESUS CHRIST were warning of GOD's shift from The nation of Israel / synagogues to the Christian churches, preaching The Lord JESUS CHRIST crucified and gloriously risen and on the right hand of the Majesty on high.

========= a previous post==============
I pass no personal judgment, GOD HIMSELF IS JUDGE. In fact, The Lord Jesus Christ says “Judge not, that ye be not judged”.
but i tell you -
In this day, these very last days, you hear "peace and safety" and "breakthrough", financial, "miracles" or some other sort. It is not a day of peace for all, but desolation for many. "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17

Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.” - Jer 23:1-2

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.” - Jer 23:16-17 --->But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For ourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape."- 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

Be warned, The gospel of The Lord JESUS CHRIST is about our reconciliation to GOD through HIMSELF (Acts 4:12), “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23, “For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” - Rom 6:23.

Not as is commonly taught today in churches re: covetousness / materialism, signs and wonders, etc. "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"- Mark 8:36 . Also, GOD ALMIGHTY is The miracle working GOD. However, where you have The Original, there are almost always counterfeits - "And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live." - Revelation 13:13-15 - (see also & compare Dan 8:25, Matt 24:15, & 2 Thess 2:3-4)

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." - 1 Timothy 4:1

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned to fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
============
Let me encourage everyone, self included, to be a follower of GOD, The Lord JESUS CHRIST only, by HIS grace (not our works), particularly in this day and age (in these very last days), wherein are many deceivers. Stay in the infallible, life-giving, true word of GOD, which is pure, abides forever and never deceives. Keep reading and keep praying (1 Thess 5:17), "watch and pray".

"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."
- Romans 3:4
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by zataxs: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Ogaga4Luv very well said, !!!!
"Ask yourself: If you were god, would you want your people to build churches in YOUR honor, kill other people in YOUR name and take one day off in seven to praise YOU? If your answer is yes I’m glad I’m not YOUR child."
I think when we were young we were taught that we should fear God.
I thought fear was a different way of saying respect.
But in reality, if I was a Christian I would truly fear God. He is obnoxious, blood thirsty, vain, inconsistent, too much power and very little understanding of what to do with it, He is indeed a very fearful creature.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Jenwitemi(m): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
How many christians know the origin of the word, CHURCH? This man shed some light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg98NvvbBCM
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2011
[size=13pt]"YHVH" aka "Yaweh" "Jehova" is nothing more than a system of Jewish magick. "YHVH" known as the "tetragammaton" represents the four corners and elements, as does "INRI" along with the four gospels; these represent the four corners of magick and the four elements that are so important in any magickal working. "YHVH" is used extensively in (Jewish) magick. The Jews stole the Kabalah from the Egyptians and corrupted it. It is mainly chanted- "Yod Heh Vau Heh" in different combinations.

The Gentile people have been force fed Christianity in order to strip us of all knowledge and power. Those at the top play both sides against the middle. What this means is the enemy works from within both sides- each side bashing the other while they both move ahead lipsrsealed . This is analogous to a cop who is heavily involved in an open and public anti-drug crusade and secretly sells and pushes drugs unbeknownst to his family and community cool
[/size]
zataxs:

@Ogaga4Luv very well said, !!!!
"Ask yourself: If you were god, would you want your people to build churches in YOUR honor, kill other people in YOUR name and take one day off in seven to praise YOU? If your answer is yes I’m glad I’m not YOUR child."
I think when we were young we were taught that we should fear God.
I thought fear was a different way of saying respect.
But in reality, if I was a Christian I would truly fear God. He is obnoxious, blood thirsty, vain, inconsistent, too much power and very little understanding of what to do with it, He is indeed a very fearful creature.
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Pimpu(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2011
if really there is god then 99% of all christain would have perish
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by HISchild: 11:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
"To the chief Musician upon Mahalath, Maschil, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good." -Psa 53:1

also, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." - Mat 7:21-23

"Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator." - 1 Pet 4:16-19
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Joagbaje(m): 5:42am On Oct 20, 2011
Orikinla:

So you go to Church, pretending to be a Christian, yet you do EVIL. How can an evil doer be a Christian? If you don't repent, you shall perish! You are cursed and judged by your own evil deeds.

This sounds like froebel gospel grin
Re: To All Those Who Go To Church by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:50am On Oct 20, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Joagbaje:

This sounds like froebel gospel grin

(1) (Reply)

God's Wrath -- A Forgotten Doctrine / Significance Of Ash Wednesday - Lent Begins On 13-02-2013 / Wearing Jewelries Is A Sin? How about 1peter 3:3, 2tim 2:8-9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.