Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled (42597 Views)

8 Nigerian Entertainment Events Cancelled Because Of Coronavirus / Wedding Cancelled As Fire Kills Groom's Mother, Injures Others In Abia. Photos / Bride Chases Groom Who Cancelled Wedding Minutes Before Saying I Do - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Kenmatt(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
I don't think I did go through.

It's better it's cancelled.

They say; "Broken relationship is better than broken marriage"
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Originalsly: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
Hmmm..... from comments the thief was right to steal the contributions because the g room was not supposed to depend on it to help fund the wedding. When we are labeled as a people not to be trusted we get upset and wonder why.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Biola67: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
who cares
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Ventura1: 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Marriage committee is a norm for Igbo's
Even for new baby outing, they will still gather fund to celebrate....Na their way
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by NOwazobia: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
So, na contribution he for take feed the wife and unborn kids before.

Some persons will just use their kro kro eye punish themselves and their potential kids in the name of marriage. embarassed
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Mekanus(m): 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
yeldey:

I am not trying to sound tribalistic here, it's mostly done by guys from the South East and South South especially Portharcourt guys.

I once worked there, so I know them very well. While I was working in the Brewery, it was same them that will go about begging almost all the staff in the Organization to dash them their monthly drinks so they can have enough for their wedding or naming ceremonies.

They have difficulty funding a successful wedding ceremony like what is obtainable in the SouthWest. I attended 2 of their weddings before I stopped honouring other wedding invitations while I was residing there.

Their motive is always to recoup what they intend to spend for their ceremonies from family & friends.

Yeye people lol.
You did not lie. This is exactly what is in vogue in South East here. Nobody wants to spend money to host a ceremony but they will want to make millions from the ceremony. Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by stasius: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wait!

People contribute for someone to get married nowadays?

After the wedding will the contribution continue
Tụfịakwa!!!
God punish poverty!
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Peledonomy: 9:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
bolademi:

Why should I contribute for a wedding
Nonsense attitude

Lol. Ppl do it over here
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Cti28(m): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
u get sense I swear,just like one guy I know.added me to a committee on whatsapp for his wedding.wedding bill was like 1.7m.asking pple to contribute.he no even write how much he don save.he put the whole figure 1.7m for us to contribute.i no reply for the group until dem close am.he saw I did not comment mand he had to message me that he needs 400k within some weeks.i no even reply quick.i told him it's like he never ready to marry.u no get money,u wan do big wedding.this is someone who is still doing NYsc

This scenario fits the adage "trouble dey sleep, yang go wake am".

Wisdom is far from some people.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Entanglement: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
That's was how one added me to one useless friends of groom group seeking for financial assistance for his wedding undecided
I now ask this critical question: if we are contributing, should we come to your house and sleep with your wife?
And behold I was kick out of the group grin

What kind of rubbish trend is this? Why should we contribute for someone probably you and you alone will be fvcking? angry
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Funkybabee(f): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
He should do small wedding with his bride
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by highness25(m): 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
Antihypocrite:
The chairman of the planning committee Don japa with the contribution of the committee
So wetin concern is? People are not happy in this country ooo
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Ofemmanu1: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
chinae:
How will someone base the success of his wedding on the outcome of the contributions fro. CoF?

Na only Ipob people are shameless and so stupid to do such.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by jojothaiv(m): 9:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
Peledonomy:

Please push this to front page.

This case is getting out of hand. It seems no body in this country can be trusted with any money again.

My cousin is a victim of this.
Hard luck.

As for the part in bold, one rule of thumb that has never fail me is trust no Nigerian (be it man or woman) when it comes to money matters, if some of them have their ways they'd gladly not repay bank loans.

The craziest part of it is there are people doing worst than this but they'd hide their heads in the comments section.

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Ahigbo1: 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
Nonexisting1:
If the gentleman saw an opportunity for good japa, what is wedding that it would be an obstacle. Wedding has no meaningful contribution to the wellbeing of people. As for using the wedding committee money to japa, I'm sure he had good reasons. Who wedding help. Mtchew

grin It's either you're the one, or you'd advised him to japa
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by KingLennon(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
Timoleon:
Definitely. The op has admitted on this thread the suppose groom Na young man of 27 wey no get money, yet e no set priorities right. Only thing wey Dey him head Na marry marry!

*** be like Na separate conversation I make reference to. The logic is the same though. Marriage no be wetin person Dey enter unprepared. Yoruba say person wey no fit live for bush alone must avoid leprosy.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by MrsTwrite(f): 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
😂🤣😂
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by KingLennon(m): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Timoleon:
Definitely. The op has admitted on this thread the suppose groom Na young man of 27 wey no get money, yet e no set priorities right. Only thing wey Dey him head Na marry marry!

*** be like Na separate conversation I make reference to. The logic is the same though. Marriage no be wetin person Dey enter unprepared. Yoruba say person wey no fit live for bush alone must avoid leprosy.
Your talk sweet. Na pesin wer food full for my mouth go fit train doq sad
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Roozzaay(m): 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
izonborn098:
Ok
contribution to do wedding, many insane men everywhere...
Whatever you believes in will bless and protect you.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by deavicky(m): 11:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Antihypocrite:
The chairman of the planning committee Don japa with the contribution of the committee
na people money he want take do wedding? If na me sef I for run if I notice am.thats why I like giving them money after the wedding.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Enice(m): 12:50am On Sep 05, 2023
Utter rubbish. Thes persons no wan marry before. Na planning committee dey do marriage for them?
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Beey(f): 1:09am On Sep 05, 2023
izonborn098:
Ok
contribution to do wedding, many insane men everywhere...
Actually we Kenyans contribute to fund weddings. A wedding is considered a communal affair & the community comes together to support. Even the wealthy get from their fellow wealthy friends. However, the attendance depends on how well the celebrant attends other people’s events.

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Unyimekelvin: 3:08am On Sep 05, 2023
More una funny 😂😂😂
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by MisfitHPG: 4:38am On Sep 05, 2023
Nonexisting1:
If the gentleman saw an opportunity for good japa, what is wedding that it would be an obstacle. Wedding has no meaningful contribution to the wellbeing of people. As for using the wedding committee money to japa, I'm sure he had good reasons. Who wedding help. Mtchew
left me assume for your sake that you are being sarcastic,if not you are a big giant dump of female shit..fucking slowpoke

1 Like

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:42am On Sep 05, 2023
All of you supporting the Chaiman of the Wedding Committee are evil.

May you all get your comeuppance soonest.

If being woke translates to being mean, unfeeling and unempathic, I do not wish nor want to be woke.

How do people overlook the one who does wrong and shame the actual victim ?

What about those ones who voluntarily contributed whose money was stolen? Were they wrong in helping their friend too?

2 Likes

Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Dshocker(m): 5:08am On Sep 05, 2023
Antihypocrite:

I think he is not ready if he was solely relying on contributed money for his wedding.

A man should be able to fund his wedding, the committee of friends contribution money is just a plus.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Tradepunter2: 5:48am On Sep 05, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
I see alot of anti-love and anti-marriage guys out here smh sad angry

What Reason the topic.... Does it make sense to you as a lady What business does a unstable financial man have with marriage
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by ruffhandu: 6:59am On Sep 05, 2023
So if you gather your family and friends and go to the church to be joined by pastor and his assistants on a Thursday and everyone goes home thereafter the wedding certificate will not be issued?
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by izonborn098(m): 7:29am On Sep 05, 2023
Cancelling the wedding means he is not capable because even if they ran away with the contribution he can use his own money ''kenya woman.
Why don't him use his own money instead of cancelling the wedding?
Beey:
Actually we Kenyans contribute to fund weddings. A wedding is considered a communal affair & the community comes together to support. Even the wealthy get from their fellow wealthy friends. However, the attendance depends on how well the celebrant attends other people’s events.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Antihypocrite:

Fake story. Was he depending on the contributions to do his wedding and run his family.
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Godmother(f): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2023
Let your friend go and do a small court wedding. I'm sure he can afford that.

He could also gather immediate family and friends. One cooker of rice and a kilo of chicken will do.

I attended a wedding where we were just 13 and I was the only outsider since I went to do the bride's makeup (for 5k as a friend)
Re: My Friends Wedding Is About To Be Cancelled by Rajosh(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Antihypocrite:

Different strokes for different folks.

We dey give groom money B4 d wedding
That one no mean say the bulk of the planning suppose depend on the committee.

Your friend never ready for wedding talk more of marriage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Groom Carries Bride On Bike As They Go Home After Their Wedding In Bonny Island / Bride Wearing Sack As Wedding Gown (Photos) / Dan Ladi Celebrates His 24th Birthday In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.