Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read (891 Views)

Alleged Ballot Box Snatcher Demola, Head Of OPC In Okota Survives / Head Of OPC In Okota Stoned To Death By Voters / Thousands Of OTOGE Chanters Sweep Saraki Out Of Offa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by enemybulldozer(m): 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
Christistruth03:

Let ipob Terrorists too be given the same treatment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O5cn9lZG2o?si=xMlftfsm8ttstOcl

IPOB is a freedom fighting movement while OPC is a gang of hoodlums and killers. so you see, there are not the same in anyway.
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Elsudani2: 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
Christistruth03:

I checked and OPC are not on the Global Terrorists index

Gani Adams is even preaching Peace all over the Country and all people can testify to this

A shoot on sight order was given against OPC and they completely gave up all violence

Their violence was nothing compared to IPOB

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by enemybulldozer(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
Elsudani2:
Same mode of operation.

There have been several other incidents in which OPC members attacked people on the basis of their ethnicity, particularly Hausas, other northerners, and people suspected of being sympathetic to the Hausas. A Hausa trader in Lagos told Human Rights Watch how, during violent clashes at the Agege abattoir on the outskirts of Lagos, in late 2000, the OPC had targeted anyone suspected of being a Hausa: "They killed Alhaji Zubairu, a father of three from Kogi State. They asked him where he was from. He said Kogi. They said he was a Hausa man, and killed him. Actually he was a northerner, but not a Hausa."

An Igbo man witnessed an OPC operation in around January 2001 in which Hausas were specifically targeted. Apparently the incident was sparked off by a minor dispute between a Hausa man and a Yoruba man; the dispute escalated, the Yoruba man killed the Hausa man, then the Hausas retaliated and killed the Yoruba man. The Yoruba people then mobilized the OPC to come to their aid:
We were in the office that day and heard an uproar. We all came out. We saw people in a group holding matchets [machetes] and dangerous weapons. They were OPC, wearing uniforms. They were stopping commercial vehicles at Surualaba. They looked at every face. Anyone suspected of being a northerner was brought down and the vehicle asked to continue. They asked the person to speak their own language [Yoruba] or Igbo. If they failed, they cut their heads with matchets. They cut them, then set them ablaze with fuel. That day, they were targeting Hausa. They also attacked beggars (who include many Hausa) and burned them. If a person doesn't want to die, they use their guns [...]

The OPC killed Hausa for two days in that place. There were corpses littered all around. I saw more than thirty-six dead. There must be more as I didn't walk all the way. The victims included men, women, and the people who help the beggars.

After two days, the state government mobilized the police, the navy and the army. They arrested people. The military threw a grenade into a lorry-load of OPC people advancing. All the OPC members inside died. The lorry was burnt at Okokomaiko, about three miles away. That was the final blow, so they stopped.

Hausas were not the only targets of the OPC. In some cases, the OPC attacked people from other ethnic groups with whom they had had disputes, including Igbos; in other cases, they would simply attack anyone who was not a Yoruba. An Igbo man from the Yaba area of Lagos told Human Rights Watch about his experience following a clash between Igbo traders and Yoruba youths, in December 2001:
I was coming home from work, after 7 p.m. I ran into a group of OPC at Ebute Metta. They had clubs and machetes. They were in uniforms, white gowns with red cloth on their foreheads. They included men and women. They asked me which tribe I was from. I told them I am a child of God. They said: "he is not Yoruba, he must be Igbo." They said I should follow them. I said: "for what?"

I ran into a house for safety. The owner of the house told me what had happened. Earlier that day, some Igbo traders had fought area boys.

The Igbos had refused to pay the area boys and a fight ensued. The Igbos defeated the area boys, who were Yoruba. The area boys went to invite the OPC. Therefore, if you don't speak Yoruba, you must be Igbo.
The owner of the house said I should stay there that night.

Later I decided to go home, with some others. We started walking. All the vehicles were parked. There was complete confusion. We ran into another roadblock formed by the OPC. There were about 120 of them, including women who wore baggy trousers. They come like locusts, chanting war songs [...] They were beating any person who didn't speak Yoruba, using knives, arrows, local instruments, locally-made guns, and juju [charms]. This time they caught all of us. They let go those who could speak Yoruba. I could not speak Yoruba. They flogged me with canes. I was pleading with them. Some were asking me for money. Some said the Igbos had beaten one of theirs into a coma and they wanted revenge. One of them put his hand in my pocket and took all my money and ID card. By luck, a bus was passing by. I thought it was a chance to escape. I wriggled out of them and jumped onto the vehicle, injuring myself against the iron seats. The bus drove off. My injuries meant that I didn't work for three days.
helinues is this true?
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
Una don shift from from Fulani to Yoruba!

From warning us about the north to being their defender

grin grin grin
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Elsudani2: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
enemybulldozer:
helinues is this true?

He will deny
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by helinues: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
enemybulldozer:
helinues is this true?

Use your regular trolling monikers, I want to check something
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by enemybulldozer(m): 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
helinues:

Use your regular trolling monikers, I want to check something
Me troll you with numerous monikers what for?
I can see you're dreaming.
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Occurstaem(m): 9:07pm On Sep 04, 2023
I thought that these 0sus have relented in their misinformation and propaganda against Yoruba.

As reality is staring at them in the face about Hoebí Pandorà and his master Atiku. Zombedi0ts want to use propaganda as a coping strategy with their impending failure at the tribunal.
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Aldol: 10:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
StaffofOrayan:
Una don shift from from Fulani to Yoruba!

From warning us about the north to being their defender

grin grin grin
E shock you too abi. Very funny people indeed. They serve as my comic relief
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Christistruth03: 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
[quote author=Elsudani2 post=125580288][/quote]

That news is wrong because Ipob ESN are still on the Global Terrorists index at number 10

You can go and check it right now on their website

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Christistruth03: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
enemybulldozer:
IPOB is a freedom fighting movement while OPC is a gang of hoodlums and killers. so you see, there are not the same in anyway.

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by enemybulldozer(m): 6:44am On Sep 05, 2023
Christistruth03:

Deal with this..

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Christistruth03: 9:28am On Sep 05, 2023
enemybulldozer:
Deal with this..

Go and check out the Global Terrorists index Website

ipob ESN is still at numbers 10 as we speak
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by enemybulldozer(m): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2023
Christistruth03:

Go and check out the Global Terrorists index Website

ipob ESN is still at numbers 10 as we speak
Post it here lets see the date because, una lie don too much.
Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by Christistruth03: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2023
enemybulldozer:
Post it here lets see the date because, una lie don too much.

Oya go and check it out on their Website

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by enemybulldozer(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Christistruth03:

Oya go and check it out on their Website
I said show us the date they published this let us see.

We need to know if it corresponds with the date of the article below.

Re: OPC Terrorists Now Disguising As Ronu Chanters A Must Read by duro4chang(m): 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
ZombiePUNISHER:

The bigots that supported Buhari for eight years have all queued up behind Tinubu to continue the country's destruction.

It's a pity non of them could challenge Sanusi on his lambasting his administration..

bloody shame
Tinubu is our president. Obi will not be president

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi / Why Can't PDP Organize Protest against Tinubu Like APC in 2014 / Living Prisons Baracks In ENUGU STATE Is A Shame To Nigeria Government ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.