Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi (869 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Campaigned For Tinubu Because Osinbajo Is Harder To Defeat / Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Reno Omokri: I Regret Supporting Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Biodun556(m): 3:21am On Jan 08
That I praised Funke Akindele is just that. Praise. Nothing else. No agenda. Praising her does not mean that I am attacking Genevieve or a particular ethnic group. Yes, I observed that we all have a lot to learn from the Yoruba in the use of culture to develop our indigenous creative industry. That is a fact, seeing as almost 100% of the top ten highest-grossing movies of Nigerian origin are by people of Yoruba origin, and all Nigeria's Grammy winners are either fully or partially of Southwest origin.

And Funke Akindele's achievements are all the more noteworthy when you consider that this new feather in her cap came at a year when she was into full-time politics and campaigning around Lagos State and Nigeria. It is a feat.

We should not feel attacked when others are praised or be triggered when they are fingered for greatness. This attitude of 'You praised them, but you did not praise us' is very immature. We are not still in nursery school.

I have spent a great deal of time and effort promoting Mambilla Plateau, Taraba State, as a tourist destination. My writings and videos about that part of Nigeria went viral. What was my agenda? Am I from Taraba? No.

I use my profile to defend Arewa. I not only shield the North, I project her. I celebrate Northern women for their beauty and virtue. Am I from the North? No. I do this because we have a country to build.

I challenge anybody to name one Nigerian, including Peter Obi, who fought for Ndi'Igbo more than I did when Buhari was oppressing them as a dot nation for eight years.

I am not referring to opportunists who suddenly became friends of the Igbo in 2023.

When there was injustice, I fought for the Igbos by mouth, pen, protests and money. Buhari put me on his hit list. If not for Ndi'Igbo, Buhari and I would have been friends. But I would not befriend injustice because of stomach infrastructure.

How much did I give to Onitsha Market traders after the 2019 fire? Google it. Which region benefitted most when I shared money to Nigerians as palliatives during the #COVID19 pandemic? To use a popular parlance, 'go and verify'.

I wrote about the Igbo apprenticeship scheme and recommended it first to Buhari and then to Tinubu. Please assume I am lying and research it. How many of those around Peter Obi and Arise Peoples Party were speaking, donating, protesting, and writing for the Igbos when I was doing that? All of them, like mushrooms, sprang up overnight in 2023 because they are opportunists.

It is just that some people have short memories and do not know their true friends.

Not everybody has an agenda. Not everybody does things for gain. There are people with purity of heart. I am a pan-African citizen of the world. I want Nigeria and Africa to grow. That is why I dress in local fabric to go to important events with movers and shakers. Because I want to promote Nigeria and Africa.

But when you feel attacked if I and others praise some people, then you betray a crab mentality that wants to pull other Blacks down.

I have met Genevieve Nnaji, but I have never met Funke Akindele. In terms of attraction, if I were not already married to a beauty queen, I would find Genevieve more attractive than I would Funke.

But honour should be given to whom honour is due. Funke and her fellow Yorubas have used their culture to good effect to advance Nigeria's creative industry. In a highly competitive industry like show business, if you cannot beat them, then you join them.

Once again, I congratulate Funke Akindele. You are without equal in Nigeria. And that is just a fact.

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #TableShaker. Ruffler of the Feathers of Obidents. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Hodophile. Hollywood Magazine Humanitarian of the Year, 2019. Business Insider Influencer of the Year 2022.

https://www.facebook.com/100057351074401/posts/875493587705669/?mibextid=mqjNyhXYnDq2O9au

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Raskimonojendor: 3:32am On Jan 08
We should not feel attacked when others are praised or be triggered when they are fingered for greatness. This attitude of 'You praised them, but you did not praise us' is very immature. We are not still in nursery school
They have carried their insecurity and Inferiority complex go Reno page. After the news broke, "they" started comparing Funke Akindele to Genevieve. Like what the Bleep. grin

Indeed, he made donations. A 2019 thread below 👇

https://www.nairaland.com/5478305/reno-omokri-locates-victim-onitsha

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by aljharem(m): 3:37am On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor:

They have carried their insecurity and Inferiority complex go Reno page. After the news broke, "they" started comparing Funke Akindele to Genevieve. Like what the Bleep. grin

Indeed, he made donations. A 2019 thread below 👇

https://www.nairaland.com/5478305/reno-omokri-locates-victim-onitsha

It is sad really cry cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Armaggedon: 3:39am On Jan 08
Na to commit suicide remain for Reno.

Only him is talking and and explaining to himself.

Only him is playing music and still dancing to it. What a sad life.

17 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by judgementyard(m): 3:44am On Jan 08
Am beginning to dislike this Reno

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Raskimonojendor: 3:53am On Jan 08
Armaggedon:
Na to commit suicide remain for Reno.

Only him is talking and and explaining to himself.

Only him is playing music and still dancing to it. What a sad life.

judgementyard:
People wey like am plenty. That post of his gather likes .

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Raskimonojendor: 4:02am On Jan 08
aljharem:

It is sad really cry cry
In their dick measuring contest pattern, they were hoping to drag GV into their rubbish behavior, gladly people looked away. Funke has always called GV her Oga in the industry.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Niccoloimhotep: 4:03am On Jan 08
Talkative
Who asked you
😂
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by kernniejay(m): 4:03am On Jan 08
I don't understand how the achievement of a movie producer will make a whole tribe feel intimidated.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by TreasureJunky: 5:24am On Jan 08
Igbo people and comparison sha,,, do you people think you can excel in every industry??
The way life operates is that, you have comparative advantage in some, and lower advantage in some. You can't excel in everything, you're not God

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Bigkoko: 6:25am On Jan 08
Na sucide remain for Reno Omokri..... Na only him dey talk, na only him dey ask questions, na only him dey answer... hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Reno Omokri go explain tire. Na wetin hate dey cause. Hate will make you feel good while destroying your self.

The baba wey cook that madness give Reno Omokri strong Sha.... grin grin grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:29am On Jan 08
kernniejay:
I don't understand how the achievement of a movie producer will make a whole tribe feel intimidated.
E shock you bah. If we post some things now. Dem fit knack us ban, so na style we dey take post now...

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by MasterJayJay: 6:52am On Jan 08
Reno Omonkey go explain tire!
No evidence!
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by TimeManager(m): 7:07am On Jan 08
Reno can really smack ass.
-kiss the truth!

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Bobloco: 7:12am On Jan 08
Someone around the presidency should call the attention of Tinubu to please find a job for Reno Omokri so that he can be busy. He has really earned it.

E no easy to dey attack an entire tribe and Peter Obi just to get the attention of Tinubu for this long while the people he is attacking are giving him the silent treatment that has never been witnessed before.

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Obiedun(m): 7:21am On Jan 08
judgementyard:
Because he told you the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by franchasofficia: 7:23am On Jan 08
Only a fool wouldn't know that Reno Omokri's sudden love and praise singing of Yorubas and everything Yoruba while indirectly castigating Igbos and Igbo related things is just a way of appealing to Yorubas around Tinubu to convince Tinubu to consider him for a political appointment.

But Reno being so shameless and foolish overdid it and blew his cover.

How he take the opinion of few commenters bearing Igbo name on his foolish posts as Igbo people's majority opinion even make Reno look more stupid.

Very useless man. Reno will never end well, that man is more dangerous than a snake's venom

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Laple0541(m): 7:25am On Jan 08
Those people are so stupid that they display their inferiority complex at every circumstances. Reno have time for replying them. There is no way you can explain to a pig not to go to the mud.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by onez: 7:28am On Jan 08
I didn't bother to read this Reno article. As usual, it will be just hate and hate. Please mod should delete all reno related post here. We need sanity. We are one Nigeria pls. Our enemies are shameless politicians not tribe

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Laple0541(m): 7:30am On Jan 08
franchasofficia:
Only a fool wouldn't know that Reno Omokri's sudden love and praise singing of Yorubas and everything Yoruba while indirectly castigating Igbos and Igbo related things is just a way of appealing to Yorubas around Tinubu to convince Tinubu to consider him for a political appointment.

But Reno being so shameless and foolish overdid it and blew his cover.

How he take the opinion of few commenters bearing Igbo name on his foolish posts as Igbo people's majority opinion even make Reno look more stupid.

Very useless man. Reno will never end well, that man is more dangerous than a snake's venom

Keep quiet, Reno is the most detribalized public figure in Nigeria. He is factual and always say things the way they are. You people just hate to be told the truth.

Reno wrote this years back even when Tinubu did not know he was going to contest, so how is he all of a sudden being perceived by you people as an ass licker simply because he’s truthful?

https://www.kemifilani.ng/life-style/why-yorubas-are-the-bravest-and-courageous-nigerians-reno-omokri/

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by franchasofficia: 7:51am On Jan 08
Laple0541:

Keep quiet, Reno is the most detribalized public figure in Nigeria. He is factual and always say things the way they are. You people just hate to be told the truth.

Reno wrote this years back even when Tinubu did not know he was going to contest, so how is he all of a sudden being perceived by you people as an ass licker simply because he’s truthful?

https://www.kemifilani.ng/life-style/why-yorubas-are-the-bravest-and-courageous-nigerians-reno-omokri/
As a kid you are, you won't understand why Reno suddenly hate Igbos and anything Igbo lol.

The Igbo family harbouring him in US evicted him, that's one.

He foolishly believed that Peter Obi leaving PDP and causing majority of Igbos to abandon PDP was the reason Atiku didn't win which he so much banked on to return to power and start enjoying free government money again.

He has to quickly switch to Yoruba side to appeal to Tinubu's men to consider him for an appointment.

Go and check the unprintable things Reno wrote about Tinubu before 2023, all of a sudden he started praising Tinubu and you think all is well with Reno ?

If you are among those that take that foolish Reno Omokri serious then your life is on the way to misharp shocked
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by mycar: 8:14am On Jan 08
What Reno is good at is to instigate ethnic banter. Has ever he ever reacted to any similar disgruntle post from other bigots from other tribes?
And to the foolish ones that do not waste time to use the word Igbo people. Your achievement this year will be to witness the progress of the Igbo people.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Raskimonojendor: 9:08am On Jan 08
Laple0541:

100%. That guy no send tribe. He says it as it is. He still believes Tinubu did drug till date and doesn't rate Buhari. He has always expressed his dislikes for the Obidient movement as well. He even donated money to Onitsha market fire victims in 2019. He is detribilized.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Asvosion01: 9:22am On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor:

People wey like am plenty. That post of his gather likes .
I think say u open trend with ur other monika say u want quit Nairaland.

What Goes You ?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Greenback: 9:49am On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor:
we all know only Igbo matter give ya own limp pencil etectn grin
In their dick measuring contest pattern, they were hoping to drag GV into their rubbish behavior, gladly people looked away. Funke has always called GV her Oga in the industry.
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by accordadoga25(f): 10:07am On Jan 08
Hehehe

A tribe and inferiority complex.

Dem don start dey grunt again for Reno page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by DesChyko: 10:12am On Jan 08
That's the business of Indi Igbo no?
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by Freebills12: 10:51am On Jan 08
[color=#000099][/color]
kernniejay:

No vex, which movie is that?
U think people in the market that are hussling do talk of movie? U are committing fallacy by this ur statement
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:52am On Jan 08
Yoruba people are not competing with anyone,they know whom they are and what they're capable of doing. Those who are hellbent on measuring dick with the Yoruba are only wasting their time,there is no basis for such contests! Yoruba people are several miles ahead of them and are still even waxing stronger ! If these people with complex issues and paranoids had just a half of what the great Yoruba have achieved,without even making any noise,they would not allow anyone to breathe !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by aljharem(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08
Raskimonojendor:

I am glad no yoruba has disrespected Genevieve.

Iwa omoluwabi must always be a guiding principle.

Everyone has contributed in their own manner just that we must show these online miscreants they are not at par with us
Re: Reno Omokri: I Fought For Indi Igbo More Than Peter Obi by yyba: 4:57pm On Jan 08
Peter obi is a known fraudster

(1) (Reply)

APGA: Obi,obiano,soludo Just Stunted Anambra's Progress, Says Ganduje / Gen TY Danjuma Taking Taraba To New Heights Every Day - By Emmanuel Bello / Stay At Home,I Have Work To Do- Yar'adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.