Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State (2212 Views)

Gunmen Who Burnt Uzodinma's House Killed 2 Security Aides (Graphic Picture) / IPOB Members Killed 2 Policemen In Anambra - Police React (Graphic Photos) / Ohaneze Youth Names 2 Igbo Senators Working With IPOB To Overthrow Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2023
Two Igbo men in their thirties, Silas Onyebuchi Ihenacho and Kingsley Izuchukwu Anaso, were shot dead on October 9, 2000, in Isolo, Lagos, by OPC members who accused them of being armed robbers. According to an investigation by the Civil Liberties Organisation (CLO), residents of Ire-Akari Estate, in Isolo, including the two victims who were staying there, heard gunfire and came out to find out what was happening. They were told that there had been a clash between the OPC and armed robbers. Silas Onyebuchi Ihenacho and Kingsley Izuchukwu then ran into a group of OPC members, who were wearing red bands on their arms and forehead, who accused them of being armed robbers. Despite interventions by local residents who confirmed they were not criminals, the OPC members shot and stabbed the two men, then took their bodies to other locations where they set them ablaze. The sister of one of the victims who tried to intervene on their behalf was also attacked and stripped, but managed to escape. Another man who had come to visit the same family was also attacked by the OPC, but was saved when the police arrived. It was reported that the chairman of the local landlords' association, who was present at the time, had pointed out the victims to the OPC alleging that they were armed robbers.

A cabinet-maker, who also worked as an okada (motorcycle taxi) driver in Lagos, remained seriously injured and unable to work almost a year after being attacked by OPC members:
On Sunday 15 September 2001, at 10 p.m., I was coming back from the garage. The OPC stopped me. There were seven of them, all young men. Some of them wore blue and red uniforms. They had guns, no other weapons. They told me to put my hands up and searched me. They took 500 naira. They asked for the key of my okada. Just as I was handing them the key, they shot me in the right side of my right leg, with a local cartridge gun. They carried my okada away. The boy who shot me said: `If you get up, I will give you another bullet to die.' They shot me at the place where I used to park my machine, near the church bus-stop. I told them who I was and where I lived, but they refused to check. Then they carried me to the police station [...] They left me there and ran away. The police came to meet me. They asked who brought me there. I said the OPC, but they had already gone. The police went after them and after fifteen minutes, they caught five of them and two rifles. They detained them, but the OPC denied what had happened. The one who had shot me had escaped. The police asked the five to get him. They then arrested him and released the five. He was taken to court. He was detained for one month, then was granted bail.

I was in hospital from September till mid January. The bullet is still inside the leg. I can't bend my leg and I can't walk. I have to use a crutch. I can't work. I'm still living with fear. I had to pay for the whole hospital treatment myself. The doctor said I won't be able to bend my leg again. I'm pursuing the case through the court. The one who shot me confessed, but said it was a mistake.

The OPC are always based around the bus-stop. They are used to ensure security. I even used to contribute money myself. Everyone does. It is twenty naira per room. They guard the area at night.
In some cases, the police managed to intervene to save people who had been arbitrarily arrested by the OPC. For example in one case, a landlady near Ikotun in Lagos had hired the OPC to arrest her two Igbo tenants. At about 1 a.m., the police intercepted a vehicle carrying the two tenants, who had been stripped naked and had their arms tied behind their backs. The landlady was also in the vehicle, along with eight OPC members. The police found six guns and sixteen cartridges in the vehicle, as well as two gallons of petrol and several tyres. The tenants said they were being taken to an unknown destination to be burnt. There is little doubt that they would have been killed if the police had not intervened. Another group of OPC were alerted to the police's intervention and attacked the police from behind; there was a shoot-out. Eventually the tenants were set free and the landlady was charged. It is not known whether the OPC members were also charged
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wodu89: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2023
Aftermath of the seed of hatred sown by Tibubu. Congratulations all the sons of Tinubu, Buhari and APC. You all got what you wanted

4 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:
Aftermath of the seed of hatred sown by Tibubu. Congratulations all the sons of Tinubu, Buhari and APC. You all got what you wanted

Every action has a counter action.

They killed an Igbo man for tribalism sake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Kennyswag: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2023
they should go back to igboland if they don't like it tongue

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:30am On Sep 04, 2023
Kennyswag:

Good

4 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by gabbytabby: 10:36am On Sep 04, 2023
Their propaganda for this week is OPC what they did 20 plus years ago. As usual na fake news by the liars.

Them done do Sunday meeting.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:36am On Sep 04, 2023
gabbytabby:
Their propaganda for this week is OPC

Ok
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wodu89: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2023
gabbytabby:
Their propaganda for this week is OPC

Judge the message
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:44am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:

Judge the message

Gbam
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wodu89: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2023
I'm not igbo. This is totally unacceptable. All igbos around a vicinity I spent some time with my cousin just recently are been harassed by yorubas. This madness had to stop. If there's a war, let's know openly

1 Like

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:
I'm not igbo. This is totally unacceptable

They will call you Igbo accept it like that .

Everyone exposing the said accommodating landlords are igbos
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wodu89: 10:47am On Sep 04, 2023
Moh248:

They will call you Igbo accept it like that .

Everyone exposing the said accommodating landlords are igbos

I've never been to Igbo land and may never go there. But I must judge evil in life regardless of tribe affected otherwise God won't forgive me
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:

I've never been to Igbo land and may never go there. But I must judge evil in life regardless of tribe affected otherwise God won't forgive me

all these OPC killed and injured hundreds of people, Hausa igbos, Tiv efik etc but Thier brown envelope media hide most of these history and portrayed them as accommodating landlords
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by BoldBrainz(m): 10:49am On Sep 04, 2023
OP,
Where's your proof?

4 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by haffaze777(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2023
God bless mazi Simon ekpagrin
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by haffaze777(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2023
Just 2 and you dey complain no be 1000+ Simon ekpa dey kill everyday?

4 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2023
haffaze777:

Ok
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by haffaze777(m): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2023
Moh248:

Ok

Submit yourself make dem kpai you jare,atleast OPC no go chop you like simon ekpa peoplegrin

2 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2023
haffaze777:

Submit yourself make dem kpai you jare,atleast OPC no go chop you like simon ekpa peoplegrin

Do You Still Finger Your Mom ?

1 Like

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by haffaze777(m): 11:04am On Sep 04, 2023
Moh248:

Do You Still Finger Your Mom ?

Sorry I don't engage mad man and you have prove yourself to be ikan ninu won,I know you must have read this message and you must be boiling now to reply me, but unfortunately for you I wont read your trashgringrin I no sey e go pain you sey I no go read amgrin
Lastly thunda fire peter obi blockusgrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 11:06am On Sep 04, 2023
haffaze777:

Sorry I don't engage mad man and you have prove yourself to be ikan ninu won,I know you must have read this message and you must be boiling now to reply me, but unfortunately for you I wont read your trashgringrin I no sey e go pain you sey I no go read amgrin
Lastly thunda fire peter obi blockusgrin

For real do you still finger your mom ?

1 Like

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by nnamdi640: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2023
Kennyswag:
This drum of war you guys are drumming won't save anyone of you. Instead to condemn the act in killing two innocent Igbos, rather you coming here to say rubbish, hope when Igbo take revenge on Yoruba in southeast, you will only tell Yoruba to go back to their place. Hope you know that the country is already sitting on a time bomb and when it will explode as a result of this act and your stupid comment, then you will know that war is not in anybody side. If you are wise, you would have learn from Russia and Ukraine war, as strong as Russian is, they were not able to bring Ukraine down easily, rather they also lost some of their soldiers including generals.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by nnamdi640: 11:30am On Sep 04, 2023
haffaze777:
Soon it will reach your side, by the time Igbo will take revenge you will know howfar.
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2023
nnamdi640:
This drum of war you guys are drumming won't save anyone of you. Instead to condemn the act in killing two innocent Igbos, rather you coming here to say rubbish, hope when Igbo take revenge on Yoruba in southeast, you will only tell Yoruba to go back to their place. Hope you know that the country is already sitting on a time bomb and when it will explode as a result of this act and your stupid comment, then you will know that war is not in anybody side. If you are wise, you would have learn from Russia and Ukraine war, as strong as Russian is, they were not able to bring Ukraine down easily, rather they also lost some of their soldiers including generals.

No leave am make e dey make mouth. The so called educated people forgot what just happen to Buhari and his people immediately he left power
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Mfetenang: 11:42am On Sep 04, 2023
Very good,they should kpai more.
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2023
Mfetenang:
Very good,they should kpai more.

Okay
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wisereborn: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:
This happened in 2000
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2023
Wisereborn:

This happened in 2000

Aftermath of 1999 election.

Yoruba attack non indigenous people every national election cycle
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wisereborn: 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
Moh248:

Aftermath of 1999 election.
Yoruba attack non indigenous people every national election cycle
Political thugs attack and not Yorubas please!!!

1 Like

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Moh248: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wisereborn:

Political thugs attack and not Yorubas please!!!

They are yoruba jus like you say ipob are igbos nothing to deny here
Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by FreeStuffsNG: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Wodu89:

You are Igbo. Nobody harasses our Igbo brothers in Lagos or any part of Yorubaland.
The OP quoted an alleged incident that reportedly happened in 2001. That's 22 years ago. Anyone who commits crime must face the justice system. Report to the appropriate authorities and provide proofs.

Stop stoking hatred and bigotry among fellow Nigerians because you and op have the privilege to hide behind a moniker which of course doesn't mean the DSS can not invite you for questioning.

This was how you hid behind Endsars to burn down Lagos.

23 Likes

Re: OPC Shot And Killed 2 Igbo Men Point Blank In Lagos State by Wodu89: 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You are Igbo. Nobody harasses our Igbo brothers in Lagos or any part of Yorubaland.
The OP quoted an alleged incident that reportedly happened in 2001. That's 22 years ago. Anyone who commits crime must face the justice system. Report to the appropriate authorities and provide proofs.

Stop stoking hatred and bigotry among fellow Nigerians because you and op have the privilege to hide behind a moniker which of course doesn't mean the DSS can not invite you for questioning.

This was how you hid behind Endsars to burn down Lagos.

Exactly why I don't support the obedient movement. I'm a Christian and will condemn evil because I have The Holy Spirit, not because I'm from any tribe

Good day

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Glue That Holds Nigeria Together / Gani's Burial Poster On The Streets Of Aba! / Terror Watch On Nigeria: Borno Commissioner Denied U.s. Visa ‘over Surname’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.