Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls (1441 Views)

Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil / Pastor Arrested For Impregnating 20 Women In His Church, Including Married Ones / Enugu Top Politician Mobbed For Impregnating Secondary School Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls by ektbear: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2011
Updated October 16, 2011 18:02:09

Map Data - Terms of Use

▼Map
MAP: Nigeria
Police in southern Nigeria have arrested the owner of an orphanage who they suspect impregnated 17 girls.

Officers say they believe the owner was planning to sell their babies.

Police are now trying to contact the girls' parents to reunite the families.

It is not the first time Nigerian authorities have uncovered a so-called baby factory.

In May, police in the state of Abia freed 32 pregnant girls who were forced to bear children.

The UN says human trafficking is the third-most common crime in Nigeria after economic fraud and drug trafficking.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-10-16/police-arrest-orphanage-owner/3573624
Re: Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls by ektbear: 10:02am On Oct 16, 2011
Where did this happen?
Re: Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls by ifyalways(f): 11:08am On Oct 16, 2011
I just hate it when every clinic,mushroom miracle baby home etc is called "an orphanage"

Who gives them operational license?who regulates the sector?

The country is neck buried in shyte.
Re: Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
ifyalways:

I just hate it when every clinic,mushroom miracle baby home etc is called "an orphanage"

Who gives them operational license?who regulates the sector?

The country is neck buried in shyte.

^^^ Nigeria is a country (i'm sure like most other African and 3rd world countries) where SHYTE happens b'cos people in government are generally selfish/self-centred bastards that feel that as long as their friends and family are ok, then then world can carry on spinning merrily on its axis. They don't have empathy towards the plight of children they see suffering on the street, as well as the unseen ones being dehumanised and violated in institutions and communities that are supposed to look after them, and be monitored by government.

If this were not the case, the so called 'governments' we've had the misfortune of having over the decades, by now would have put (enforceable) procedures and laws in place to make sure EVERY CHILD in this country is looked after, and that the primary aim of government -b/4 anything else- is to cater to the immediate and future needs of our most precious resource: our children.

A part of me dies when i travel back home and see children that should be in school, busy hawking on the streets; when i hear of little kids being beaten, violated and their innocence being taken from them; when i pass through slums and inner-city estates, and see the misery and hunger on childrens faces, even as it's said that childhood is meant to be the happiest and most carefree period of a persons life; and also when i hear of children needlessly dying b'cos their parents couldn't afford basic medication and care.

And we wonder why there's so much criminality and wickedness? Think of the cold-hearted way corpers were hacked down by children in the aftermath of the just concluded presidential elections, and you'll appreciate why we need to value and take care of every child; Show every child that they're loved and valued, and we would have gone a long way towards assuring a brighter/safer future for this country.
Re: Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls by redsun(m): 1:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
Life is very cheap in nigeria,especially women's and children's lives
Re: Orphanage Owner Accused Of Impregnating 17 Girls by SeniorZato(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Your story is baseless

(1) (Reply)

Male Corper Headbutt And Beat Up Female Corper Over A Keg Of Water In Ota Ogun S / Notorious Robbers Which Killed 25 Police Officers Arrested In Ogun / Female Politician Pictured While Trying To Slaughter A Small Child For Ritual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.