Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance (1418 Views)

Forex Crisis: Our Crude Oil Sold In Advance – NGF / Adeniyi Akintola Steps Down: I'm Sad & I Feel Cheated, But I'll Listen To Tinubu / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
I would like to address Peter Obi's prayers in court regarding the upcoming judgement. When you Obidients pray for the court to make the right decision, it is important to first understand the details of your principal's case.

The argument regarding the issue of 25% is the weakest one. Section 299 of the Nigerian Constitution clearly states that "The Provisions of this constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the states of the Federation." To be declared the President of Nigeria, a candidate must secure at least one-fourth (25%) of the votes cast in two-thirds of the entire 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT, which is now considered the 37th state. The only candidate who meets this requirement is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as he secured 25% in 24 states.

Obi also requests the cancellation of the election due to non-compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2022 and the Constitution.

I must say that, according to the electoral law and the constitution, Peter Obi did not provide sufficient evidence of non-compliance during the election that affected his votes. His lawyer's arguments revolved around the blurry upload on IREV and INEC's failure to upload results from polling units in real-time. I can confirm with 100% certainty that there is no provision in the electoral law or guidelines that make it mandatory for INEC to upload results to IREV in real-time from polling units.

Furthermore, regarding the issue of blurry documents, INEC never made it compulsory to collate results with IREV. The purpose of IREV was mainly for citizens to view results from home. Every party agent received a copy at every polling unit once voting concluded, and the police also received a copy. The electoral law clearly outlines the process: if the INEC hard copy is not available, the collation can proceed using the IREV or the copies held by the agents or police. Therefore, the argument regarding the blurred IREV results is not valid.

Regarding the issue of Shettima's double nomination, that matter has already been concluded by the Supreme Court in the case of Atiku VS INEC.

As for Tinubu's disqualification based on forfeiture, that argument will also not hold up. Section 137 (d) of the constitution states that a candidate cannot be under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria, or be sentenced to imprisonment or fined for any offense involving dishonesty or fraud within 10 years before the date of the election. Additionally, if the candidate has been convicted and sentenced for an offense involving dishonesty or found guilty of contravening the code of conduct.

Firstly, the issue of $460,000 is a civil forfeiture case against the property and not against Tinubu himself, and there is no indication in that judgment that he was fined. Furthermore, the case occurred in 1993, which is more than 10 years ago. Lastly, the case took place in the US, not in Nigeria, and section 137 (d) clearly refers to a competent court in Nigeria. Additionally, the judgment submitted at the Tribunal was not registered in Nigeria. Therefore, this argument will also be dismissed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by TemplarLandry: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Khyrvxjzy: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
i feel for obi eyah

7 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:
i feel for obi eyah
me too

6 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by ElSudani: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
In other words, won ma lule again. shocked
How many lule can a human being endure?

6 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Wainey: 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2023
Hmmm, Obi can never become president with his antics.

He wanted to get to the seat by lying his way in and always play the victim mentality.

Only his gullible supporters will fall for that nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by crossfire(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
I think on nairaland we have lots of children n illiterate on this platform. I get annoyed when senseless people talk as they have mental issues. Wat has tinubu that is old really has to offer. Nigeria is still backward.n people are still praising

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Afamed: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
No waste your time with zombide+-ents.

14 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by infofta(m): 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2023
If 25% in Abuja is the weakest why is Tinubu lawyers saying Obi should not be part of a re-run.

A day of reckoning is coming and many politicians will not escape

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 6:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
infofta:
If 25% in Abuja is the weakest why is Tinubu lawyers saying Obi should not be part of a re-run.

A day of reckoning is coming and many politicians will not escape

reserve your tires till Wednesday ifeanyi

4 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
crossfire:
I think on nairaland we have lots of children n illiterate on this platform. I get annoyed when senseless people talk as they have mental issues. Wat has tinubu that is old really has to offer. Nigeria is still backward.n people are still praising
what did the young obi offer to Anambra people when he was the governor?

6 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Deogratiasfx: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2023
fuckJones:
I would like to address Peter Obi's prayers in court regarding the upcoming judgement. When you Obidients pray for the court to make the right decision, it is important to first understand the details of your principal's case.

The argument regarding the issue of 25% is the weakest one. Section 299 of the Nigerian Constitution clearly states that "The Provisions of this constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the states of the Federation." To be declared the President of Nigeria, a candidate must secure at least one-fourth (25%) of the votes cast in two-thirds of the entire 36 states of Nigeria and the FCT, which is now considered the 37th state. The only candidate who meets this requirement is Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as he secured 25% in 24 states.

Obi also requests the cancellation of the election due to non-compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act 2022 and the Constitution.

I must say that, according to the electoral law and the constitution, Peter Obi did not provide sufficient evidence of non-compliance during the election that affected his votes. His lawyer's arguments revolved around the blurry upload on IREV and INEC's failure to upload results from polling units in real-time. I can confirm with 100% certainty that there is no provision in the electoral law or guidelines that make it mandatory for INEC to upload results to IREV in real-time from polling units.

Furthermore, regarding the issue of blurry documents, INEC never made it compulsory to collate results with IREV. The purpose of IREV was mainly for citizens to view results from home. Every party agent received a copy at every polling unit once voting concluded, and the police also received a copy. The electoral law clearly outlines the process: if the INEC hard copy is not available, the collation can proceed using the IREV or the copies held by the agents or police. Therefore, the argument regarding the blurred IREV results is not valid.

Regarding the issue of Shettima's double nomination, that matter has already been concluded by the Supreme Court in the case of Atiku VS INEC.

As for Tinubu's disqualification based on forfeiture, that argument will also not hold up. Section 137 (d) of the constitution states that a candidate cannot be under a sentence of death imposed by any competent court of law or tribunal in Nigeria, or be sentenced to imprisonment or fined for any offense involving dishonesty or fraud within 10 years before the date of the election. Additionally, if the candidate has been convicted and sentenced for an offense involving dishonesty or found guilty of contravening the code of conduct.

Firstly, the issue of $460,000 is a civil forfeiture case against the property and not against Tinubu himself, and there is no indication in that judgment that he was fined. Furthermore, the case occurred in 1993, which is more than 10 years ago. Lastly, the case took place in the US, not in Nigeria, and section 137 (d) clearly refers to a competent court in Nigeria. Additionally, the judgment submitted at the Tribunal was not registered in Nigeria. Therefore, this argument will also be dismissed.

Are you proud of ur self writing this? For instance, did BAT Lawyer tell u or the court that the drug case is beyond 10 yrs and so cannot be used? If I were u I will delete this write quickly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by DMerciful(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
Why not wait until Wednesday?

You guys think repeating that Obi has no case a million times will not make the possible anarchy that would follow a fraudulent judgment possible?
fuckJones:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Deogratiasfx: 6:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
crossfire:

You are very correct. I realized we have so many JS 2 students on nairaland so I drastically reduced responding to chats

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

Are you proud of ur self writing this? For instance, did BAT Lawyer tell u or the court that the drug case is beyond 10 yrs and so cannot be used? If I were u I will delete this write quickly
stop masturbating and wait till Wednesday.
BAT is your president for 8 years

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Deogratiasfx: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
fuckJones:
stop masturbating and wait till Wednesday.
BAT is your president for 8 years

I honestly regret answering you. Seems u are feeling ur self that u got responses.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

I honestly regret answering you. Seems u are feeling ur self that u got responses.
Atiku will be in court on 6th September...

Obi will be in court on 6th September....

Tinubu will be in Indian attending G-20 summit, while Shettima will host FEC meeting......

Idan doings🙌🙌🙌

you will be hear masturbating

2 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by XY23: 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
fuckJones:
what did the young obi offer to Anambra people when he was the governor?

Don't worry, 40 years from now if you remain unfortunate to still be in this country, you'll explain to your children why Nigeria has never known greatness.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2023
XY23:

Don't worry, 40 years from now if you remain unfortunate to still be in this country, you'll explain to your children why Nigeria has never known greatness.
answer my question and stop masturbating

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by 9jatriot(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
Immediately after election, what we heard was:

Pete Obi: "We won the election and we wee prove it"

Also on social media, we were hearing "We wee reclaim our stolen mandate"

But at the tribunal: Ehmmm, you see, Just cancel the election, disqualify the present winner and bikko, let there be another election where this popular winner will not be allowed to contest"

After closing their failed case in court: Starts mobilizing his moobs to try to intimidate and subtly threaten the judges and their families to do what their lawyers were unable to achieve on the floor of the tribunal.

3 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by bhella10: 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2023
Congratulations are in order

1 Like

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by ejimatic: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
fuckJones:

The SC in the case of Oyetola and Adeleke has devalued IREV results. EC8 results are more tenable than online results that are unclear and blurred.
Additionally on which basis will Obi or Atiku win? The results they presented at the Tribunal or non compliance that was not proved beyond any reasonable doubt? I am even yet to see how their argument affected the overall results of the election.

Congrats to BAT!

4 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by sirchim(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

like CRIMINAL DRUGLORD1, like his supporters. Criminals here and there.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by sirchim(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
fuckJones:

like the CRIMINAL DRUGLORD1, like his supporters, ba ki da gaskiya.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by sirchim(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Like CRIMINAL DRUGLORD1, like his supporters, no single truth in them.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by MrTed(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
Using AI, this is the argument in favor of Peter Obi with relevant court judgments, including the year and location of the cases:

Issue of 25% Requirement:
▪️ Peter Obi's argument in favor of challenging the 25% requirement could draw inspiration from the 2019 Supreme Court case of "Adeleke vs. Oyetola" in Abuja. The Supreme Court in this case emphasized the importance of adherence to constitutional provisions, particularly when it comes to electoral requirements.
▪️ This case serves as an example of how the judiciary has upheld the strict interpretation of constitutional provisions in election-related matters. Peter Obi's legal team could argue that the 25% requirement should be strictly adhered to based on the precedent set in "Adeleke vs. Oyetola."

Non-Compliance with Electoral Act and Constitution:
▪️ In the 2019 case of "Wike vs. Dakuku Peterside" in Port Harcourt, the Supreme Court ruled that election results should reflect substantial compliance with electoral guidelines and the constitution.
▪️ Peter Obi's legal team could argue that the blurry uploads on IREV and potential non-compliance with electoral guidelines could impact the substantial compliance required by previous court judgments, such as "Wike vs. Dakuku Peterside."
▪️They could also draw attention to the 2020 case of "Obaseki vs. Ize-Iyamu" in Abuja, where the Supreme Court highlighted the significance of electoral integrity.

Shettima's Double Nomination:
▪️While there may not be a specific court judgment directly related to Shettima's double nomination, Peter Obi's legal team could refer to the "Nwosu vs. INEC" case from 2019 in Lagos. In this case, the Supreme Court clarified the importance of parties adhering to nomination guidelines.
▪️They could argue that a similar principle should apply to Shettima's situation, emphasizing the need for strict adherence to nomination rules, as seen in "Nwosu vs. INEC."

Tinubu's Disqualification based on Forfeiture:
▪️ In the 2011 case of "Oni vs. Fayemi" in Ado-Ekiti, the Supreme Court ruled on the disqualification of a candidate due to an alleged offense involving dishonesty.
▪️ Peter Obi's legal team could argue that the $460,000 case, even though it occurred outside Nigeria, should be considered as an offense involving dishonesty and therefore grounds for disqualification, based on the precedent set in the 2011 case of "Oni vs. Fayemi."

In summary, Peter Obi's legal team can build a strong argument in his favor by referencing relevant court judgments that emphasize the strict interpretation of constitutional provisions, substantial compliance with electoral guidelines, and adherence to nomination rules. These precedents, along with their respective years and locations, can support their case for a fair and just evaluation of the issues at hand.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
MrTed:
Using AI, this is the argument in favor of Peter Obi with relevant court judgments, including the year and location of the cases:

Issue of 25% Requirement:
▪️ Peter Obi's argument in favor of challenging the 25% requirement could draw inspiration from the 2019 Supreme Court case of "Adeleke vs. Oyetola" in Abuja. The Supreme Court in this case emphasized the importance of adherence to constitutional provisions, particularly when it comes to electoral requirements.
▪️ This case serves as an example of how the judiciary has upheld the strict interpretation of constitutional provisions in election-related matters. Peter Obi's legal team could argue that the 25% requirement should be strictly adhered to based on the precedent set in "Adeleke vs. Oyetola."

Non-Compliance with Electoral Act and Constitution:
▪️ In the 2019 case of "Wike vs. Dakuku Peterside" in Port Harcourt, the Supreme Court ruled that election results should reflect substantial compliance with electoral guidelines and the constitution.
▪️ Peter Obi's legal team could argue that the blurry uploads on IREV and potential non-compliance with electoral guidelines could impact the substantial compliance required by previous court judgments, such as "Wike vs. Dakuku Peterside."
▪️They could also draw attention to the 2020 case of "Obaseki vs. Ize-Iyamu" in Abuja, where the Supreme Court highlighted the significance of electoral integrity.

Shettima's Double Nomination:
▪️While there may not be a specific court judgment directly related to Shettima's double nomination, Peter Obi's legal team could refer to the "Nwosu vs. INEC" case from 2019 in Lagos. In this case, the Supreme Court clarified the importance of parties adhering to nomination guidelines.
▪️They could argue that a similar principle should apply to Shettima's situation, emphasizing the need for strict adherence to nomination rules, as seen in "Nwosu vs. INEC."

Tinubu's Disqualification based on Forfeiture:
▪️ In the 2011 case of "Oni vs. Fayemi" in Ado-Ekiti, the Supreme Court ruled on the disqualification of a candidate due to an alleged offense involving dishonesty.
▪️ Peter Obi's legal team could argue that the $460,000 case, even though it occurred outside Nigeria, should be considered as an offense involving dishonesty and therefore grounds for disqualification, based on the precedent set in the 2011 case of "Oni vs. Fayemi."

In summary, Peter Obi's legal team can build a strong argument in his favor by referencing relevant court judgments that emphasize the strict interpretation of constitutional provisions, substantial compliance with electoral guidelines, and adherence to nomination rules. These precedents, along with their respective years and locations, can support their case for a fair and just evaluation of the issues at hand.
AI is a name of one of the judge?

2 Likes

Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by MrsTwrite(f): 7:30am On Sep 05, 2023
I'll be right back.
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Iceberg3: 7:32am On Sep 05, 2023
Afamed:
No waste your time with zombide+-ents.

Don't waste your time on Obi and co but all ya posts,day and night are all about Obi Obi Obi grin
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by Iceberg3: 7:33am On Sep 05, 2023
fuckJones:
reserve your tires till Wednesday ifeanyi

Illiterate..what is TIRES!?
0/100 Agbadorian grin
Re: Congratulations To Tinubu In Advance by fuckJones(f): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2023
Iceberg3:

Illiterate..what is TIRES!?
0/100 Agbadorian grin
olodo, how far?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad roads in Nigeria, Does OBJ want to demobilise Nigerians? / 49 Sitting 99 Standing Suffering & Smiling- Has Naija Always Been Bad / Uniben Finaly Gets First Bini Indegene As Vc In 39 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.