Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,178 members, 7,825,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK (24099 Views)

Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements / UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / How To Complete the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Dialpad: 5:08am On Sep 05, 2023
Does this apply to US citizens?

I doubt...
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by sonnie10: 5:09am On Sep 05, 2023
NaBanga:
This rule also applies to Americans.
They will reciprocate. That is the normal thing to do in international diplomacy
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Mrsegz: 5:09am On Sep 05, 2023
You scrutinize a visa application. Then you scrutinize ETA application. Then scrutinize at passport/border control.

Like Yoruba people say, when your host shows you the last piece of Yam, it is time to go home.

The UK is literally saying, they have taken in enough. Make una stay una country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by jojothaiv(m): 5:15am On Sep 05, 2023
DonFreshmoney:
Wahala for people wey dey still wan go UK..
😂😂😂
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Kalvan: 5:19am On Sep 05, 2023
flokii:
Story for the slaves joyfully embracing their chains..

That you graduated with first class perfect CGPA isn't a proof of wisdom.. you are running to live like a slave in the White man's land with the hope of getting all the goodies of life there. Tomorrow one white kid will see you, get infuriated and end your life in a brutal way or maybe it's white Police that will kill you.

Nigerian police don’t kill people anymore?

4 Likes

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Kalvan: 5:21am On Sep 05, 2023
[/b]
Dialpad:

I doubt...

Can’t you people phucking read?

“[b]The UK home office said persons who need the travel permit are those who were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK”
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Amayabor1: 5:28am On Sep 05, 2023
IgOga:
grin

Headline is fakenews.

This is for people who do not visa to visit the UK.

The US introduced this a few years ago

Correct your English so one can make sense of what you are saying.

2 Likes

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by naturefellow(m): 5:33am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:
The Japarians don abuse the opportunity
need a brain check
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by lexy2014: 5:38am On Sep 05, 2023
AllenSpencer:
It’s been that way for decades!

A visa only gets you to the port of entry

What then does the ETA do?
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Passionate1(m): 5:41am On Sep 05, 2023
Morbeta11:
Another means of generating income...

100% correct !

1 Like

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by BabaIbo: 6:20am On Sep 05, 2023
I never liked UK as a travel destination for once, I don't just know why.
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by AareGaa: 6:24am On Sep 05, 2023
Racoon:
This is the world going digital but Nigeria especially INEC is telling us of its IREV that they shamefully denied in 2019 suffered a witchy glitch only during the 2023 presidential election.

You will know your fate tomorrow.
No more wailing
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by cocoxs: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2023
Nigerians are not affected by this, only countries affected now are Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates.

Read the full details on UK government website https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by BabaIbo: 6:26am On Sep 05, 2023
raskymonojendor:
As visa ever guaranteed entry to any country before. I don't think so.

HAS

I think you guys(urc hins) have something in common.
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by BabaIbo: 6:31am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:

You need a brain check, kindly get one before it gets too late.

It doesn't affect Nigerians or those that have Visa or those on study.
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by ruffhandu: 6:54am On Sep 05, 2023
Just another means of generating revenue. If all countries just pause travel to the UK for 2 months, believe me, they will reverse this policy, or make it free. These people are just taking advantage of the premium placed on them by other countries, especially poorer ones.

1 Like

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by seunayantokun(m): 7:03am On Sep 05, 2023
Misleading from lindaikeji.
ETA is meant for those who are not required to get a visa. If you are required to get a visa, you don't need an ETA.
Read the information on gov.uk
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Mom007(f): 7:22am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:
What is this one saying?
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by dupyshoo: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2023
British citizens cannot visit USA without Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), which is equivalent to ETA, while UK has been allowing American to visit without any form of authorisation. The ESTA costs 21 dollars.

UK is now just reciprocating. EU is planning to do same. So, what is bad if UK starts doing the same thing US has been doing for years?

Dialpad:

I doubt...

4 Likes

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by dupyshoo: 7:42am On Sep 05, 2023
It is UK that is reciprocating. Go and find out about Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). British and EU citizens have been paying for years.
sonnie10:

They will reciprocate. That is the normal thing to do in international diplomacy
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by COMPAQ(m): 7:51am On Sep 05, 2023
motymop:
Nigerian newspaper do not do research before publishing news

ETA is for people who go to the uk without visa

ETA as for now is for Qatar,Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates and it cost 10 pounds

Don't mind them. Even Nigerians refuse to research on their own before rushing to make comments.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta#who-will-need-an-eta

Nigerian's please read and be guided!! Sheesh!!

1 Like

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Gordson: 7:53am On Sep 05, 2023
flokii:

That you graduated with first class perfect CGPA isn't a proof of wisdom.. you are running to live like a slave in the White man's land with the hope of getting all the goodies of life there. Tomorrow one white kid will see you, get infuriated and end your life in a brutal way or maybe it's white Police that will kill you.

But you are roaming the streets with your first class like a mad man in your country, jobless and useless to yourself, family and your unborn children and you have 100+ things chasing after your life to end you.

Ewu grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by femi4love(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2023
dupyshoo:
British citizens cannot visit USA without Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), which is equivalent to ETA, while UK has been allowing American to visit without any form of authorisation. The ESTA costs 21 dollars.

UK is now just reciprocating. EU is planning to do same. So, what is bad if UK starts doing the same thing US has been doing for years?

You even tried, to have explained as above. The original post stated it clearly like you mentioned, but the issue with many Nigerians is either they don’t read or find it hard to comprehend (or both), and they will come and display that shamefully on social media.

I can’t remember when last I travelled to the USA without an ESTA, but I’m sure it’s more than 10 years.
As long as your passport is VISA FREE to the U.K., the new law is that you must obtain an ETA, I wonder how that concerns Nigerians?

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a 3-month single entry visa to Nigeria? Go figure out, then come back and delete all the nonsense you may have posted here.

2 Likes

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by justwise(m): 8:25am On Sep 05, 2023
flokii:

How about those Nigerians killed in Nigeria by Nigerians? Was it because they decided to live in black man land?
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by justwise(m): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2023
ruffhandu:
Just another means of generating revenue. If all countries just pause travel to the UK for 2 months, believe me, they will reverse this policy, or make it free. These people are just taking advantage of the premium placed on them by other countries, especially poorer ones.

Some of you just post for the sake of it, did you actually read the article let a lone understand it?
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by dupyshoo: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2023
Don't mind them. What US and Canada has been doing for years.

femi4love:

You even tried, to have explained as above. The original post stated it clearly like you mentioned, but the issue with many Nigerians is either they don’t read or find it hard to comprehend (or both), and they will come and display that shamefully on social media.

I can’t remember when last I travelled to the USA without an ESTA, but I’m sure it’s more than 10 years.
As long as your passport is VISA FREE to the U.K., the new law is that you must obtain an ETA, I wonder how that concerns Nigerians?

Does anyone know how much it costs to get a 3-month single entry visa to Nigeria? Go figure out, then come back and delete all the nonsense you may have posted here.

Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Baatunde(m): 9:09am On Sep 05, 2023
What has your statement to do with what the guy said. People can exhibit ignorance irrespective of whether they support TInubu or Obi. Is it not lack of understanding amongst you Obi supporters that made you to be shouting 25% of FCT, does it even make sense to you too?

Is it not lack of understanding that makes Obidients believe that Obi will be declared the winner when he has not proved how he scored more votes than Atiku and TInubu?

enemybulldozer:
Wey your brain dey? the new law is for all nationalities accept the british and Irish.

Lack of understanding and foresight made you to support buhari and now tinubu.
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Poanan: 9:22am On Sep 05, 2023
bigdawg7:
Nigerians don finally cast Uk because i don’t understand why a country would grant you a student visa and you idiotic nigerian would come with all your family members like say na family reunion

what has that got to do with ETA? Are all Nigerians qualified to enter uk without visa?
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Calitoscassius(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2023
flokii:

Very ignorant assertions grin grin

So you can not be killed in Naigeria? Police kill Naigerians daily.
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Calitoscassius(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2023
justwise:

How about those Nigerians killed in Nigeria by Nigerians? Was it because they decided to live in black man land?
Don't mind the ignoramus. grin
Re: UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK by Newton2024: 9:56am On Sep 05, 2023
helinues:
See you disgracing yourself grandpa. And it is with this type of brain you support Buhari and now Tinubu. Shame on you helinues.

For your information, this rule also applies to Americans and Nigerians are exempted. You need wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Then I don't know why you Agbadorians are anti-japa after destroying the country beyond remedy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How U.S. Shortchanges Swindles Nigerians In Visa Application Fees / Osinbajo Receives Dana Airplane Model At Nigerian Economic Summit / 11 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Airplanes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.