Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police (411 Views)

Nigeria’s Solid Mineral Deposit Worth Over $700 Billion – Dele Alake / What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? / Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Newphil: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
The Minister of Solid Minerals, Mr. Dele Alake, has unveiled a comprehensive agenda aimed at transforming the Nigeria Solid Minerals sector, with a focus on enhancing international competitiveness and fostering domestic prosperity. This agenda consists of seven key initiatives:
Creation of the Nigerian Solid Minerals Corporation: The ministry will establish the Nigerian Solid Minerals Corporation to oversee and coordinate activities in the sector effectively. This corporation will likely play a central role in implementing various policies and initiatives.

Joint Ventures with Mining Multinationals: Collaborating with international mining companies through joint ventures can bring in much-needed expertise, technology, and investment to boost the sector’s growth and development.

Big Data on Priority Minerals: The ministry will gather comprehensive data on seven priority minerals, which are Gold, Coal, Limestone, Bitumen, Lead, Iron-ore, and Baryte. This data will be valuable for decision-making, investment attraction, and planning.

30-Day Grace Period for Illegal Miners: A grace period of 30 days will be granted to illegal miners to transition into legal artisanal cooperatives, encouraging them to operate within the bounds of the law.

Mines Surveillance Task Force and Mine Police: Enhanced security measures will be implemented in the solid minerals sector. This includes the establishment of a Mine Police force, trained to detect and apprehend illegal mining activities. A Mines Surveillance Security Task Force will also be set up to coordinate these efforts and address high-risk incidents related to mining law violations.

Comprehensive Review of Mining Licenses: All existing mining licenses will undergo a thorough review to ensure compliance with regulations and to promote responsible mining practices.

Mineral Processing Centers: Six Mineral Processing Centers will be created to focus on value-added products in the mining sector. This initiative aims to add value to minerals before export, thereby increasing revenue and job opportunities.

Over the next four years and beyond, the Federal Government will actively intervene and attract investments to the mining sector, with a particular focus on the seven priority minerals mentioned earlier.

Currently, Nigeria possesses significant mineral reserves, including Gold, Limestone, Lead/Zinc, Baryte, Bitumen, Iron Ore, and Coal. These reserves provide a substantial foundation for development and growth in the sector.

Starting in October, a strengthened security regime will be implemented, featuring the Mine Police and the Mines Surveillance Security Task Force to combat illegal mining and enforce mining laws. Offenders will be prosecuted in competent courts, and both federal and state governments will be encouraged to play an active role in this process.

The underperformance of the mining sector can be attributed to various factors, including inefficient geo-data, weak implementation and enforcement of regulations, inadequate environmental, safety, and health policies, fragility and conflict issues, unregulated artisanal mining, limited technical capacity, difficulties in accessing financing, weak inter-governmental and inter-agency coordination, and challenges in federal-state relations. The minister’s agenda aims to address these issues and drive the sector towards greater success and sustainability.

https://www.naijabusiness.com.ng/2023/09/dele-alake-unveil-nigeria-solid-minerals-roadmap-to-establish-mine-police/

Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Scammerr(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
I see
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by VeryGoodMan: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
I've been shitting in my backyard for 2 months now not because I'm dirty but because I want crude oil to form on my land in the next few years for my children.

Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by alizma: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
That is a welcome development
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by thuxzwda1: 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lithium, californium....... grin

1 Like

Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by festacman(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
Dele Alake needs every Nigerian's prayer.

On my honor, if Dele Alake succeed in unlocking the potentials in the Ministry of Solid Minerals, I will volunteer to campaign for him for governorship of Ekiti State.

By the way, after serving as commissioner in Tinubu's government, Dele Alake didn't go about begging for appointment from successive governors of Lagos or Ekiti State. He remained politically independent with unflinching loyalty to Tinubu.

Dele Alake has tendency to exhibit coconut head if a situation warrants it and this solid minerals sector warrant it badly.
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Enugupikin: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2023
festacman:

On my honor, if Dele Alake succeed in unlocking the potentials in the Ministry of Solid Minerals, I will volunteer to campaign for him for governorship of Ekiti State.
The bigwigs mining zamfara gold with bandits are bigger than him. Nothing will come out of this
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Ofunaofu: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
festacman:

So Dele Alake is from Ekiti state

cheesy
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by festacman(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2023
Enugupikin:

The bigwigs mining zamfara gold with bandits are bigger than him. Nothing will come out of this

Dele Alake is a coconut head and Tinubu has the political will to back him, he will take them to the cleaners.
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Enugupikin: 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2023
festacman:

Dele Alake is a coconut head and Tinubu has the political will to back him, he will take them to the cleaners.
Lmao, take bandits to the cleaners? As per COAS? Dey play cheesy cheesy
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Max24: 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Serious - minded team hitting the ground running. That was how they worked with Tinubu in Lagos and came up with several innovations that were later copied by Obi and other states. I trust Dele Alake .
Re: Dele Alake Unveil Nigeria Solid Minerals Roadmap – To Establish Mine Police by Toosure70: 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
Another uniform set to cash out. We're all corrupt period

(1) (Reply)

Going To 3 Days Now - Uninterrupted Power Supply With Ikeja Electric / Why The Judgement Favoured Tinubu / Ronu Logic: Abuja Is No Man's Land But Lagos Is Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.